Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

wicka posted:

In a vacuum I would say the correct decision is to sell them, but the fees being offered are like half of what it'd take to "replace" any of them, and you can't really directly replace talent like Sanchez anyway (even players equally talented still have to bed in with the team/league). Plus, getting back into the Champions League is more important than anything else, which means focusing on the present at the potential expense of the future.

So yeah, I think it's just common sense to keep Sanchez and Ozil and hold out some small hope that they can be convinced to re-sign. Ox...idk, he's shown me nothing to suggest he's ever going to be a top quality midfielder, but it still seems dumb to sell him to a direct rival. I think he will probably re-sign after the window closes. And there's really nothing for Arsenal to lose regarding Wilshere.

This is just awful, I basically agree with everything you've said.

yeah. sanchez and ozil = cross fingers they stay
ox = cross fingers he'll get good
wilshere = who cares.

I think that all lines up with arsenal being in a bit of a predicament. one of those smilies!

This is all very polite and so in parting, and the spirit of football in general, gently caress you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Also, here are the players whose contracts are expiring in 2019: Ramsey, Giroud, Walcott, Welbeck, Monreal, Ospina, and Cech. Again, all of these players are ones that Arsenal could stand to lose individually, but the way things are going it seems like the club could be headed for a well and good meltdown.

This is a cool list of players that nobody wants. Except maybe Cech but he will be 37.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
The absolute best transfer move by Liverpool this summer was not paying 35m for Ox.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

cheese posted:

The absolute best transfer move by Liverpool this summer was not paying 35m for Ox.

hed probably do more from the left wingback position than moreno

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bea Nanner posted:

hed probably do more from the left wingback position than moreno

So would a parking cone.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
how much does a parking cone cost?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bea Nanner posted:

how much does a parking cone cost?

In today's market 10m

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Have we talked about how Dortmund made back their money ten fold on Dembele after one season?

I honestly think he's a potentially world class player but buying him for 13m and selling him for 130m a year later is absurd.

Romelu Lukaku is looking like a steal at £75m(£90m) right now.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

In today's market 10m

More if it's an English cone.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i can't wait for this transfer window to end

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

AJ_Impy posted:

More if it's an English cone.

This sounds like a bland dessert that would be served cold in any other country

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Dortmund and Moncao and Atletico Madrid are the winners in this market because they've proven to young talents that they can develop over a season or two in European competitions and then earn a dream move.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

Reprisal posted:

Dortmund and Moncao and Atletico Madrid are the winners in this market because they've proven to young talents that they can develop over a season or two in European competitions and then earn a dream move.

Spurs and Ajax aren't doing too poorly in that regard either. Any guesses how much RM will pay for Alli next summer after all the crazy poo poo this year?

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

brasstassels posted:

Spurs and Ajax aren't doing too poorly in that regard either. Any guesses how much RM will pay for Alli next summer after all the crazy poo poo this year?

I can't quite understand why these European teams are going after Coutinho, but ignoring the spurs stars. All are paid a pittance vs any other top team.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

wooger posted:

I can't quite understand why these European teams are going after Coutinho, but ignoring the spurs stars. All are paid a pittance vs any other top team.

Levy's a right oval office to negotiate with

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

wooger posted:

Not Brazilian enough.

Then again, there were tons of stories about how Barcelona were looking at Christian Eriksen if they couldn't get Coutinho. Its just that they really REALLY want Coutinho before trying anything else.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Not sure why Wenger is happy to sell Mustafi, I was hoping that would be ahead of signing Van Dijk but apparently it's more likely to be Johnny Evans. I don't think Evans would be a bad signing for us but selling Mustafi after one season in England where everyone thought he did pretty well (compared to Gabriel) potentially to Juventus is :psyduck:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hey guys football is saved because UEFA have vowed to put the FFP violators back in line!

quote:

MONACO -- UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin gave the strongest indication yet that his organisation was ready to "severely" punish clubs who violate Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations.

"I am very serious, you will see," he said on Friday, speaking to a group of journalists the day after the UEFA Champions League draw. "We will try to help [the clubs respect the rules]. We will try to advise them [on legal points related to FFP]. But [if they don't comply] we will punish. And we will punish severely."

"I am not talking about PSG. I am talking about every club in Europe. We are monitoring the situation, the transfer window is not closed yet. Trust me, we're working on it," Ceferin said, adding that, in any case, club spending this summer would be subject to the FFP assessment process, which looks at spending over a three year period.

Yeah don't want to single out PSG and upset their slave driving oil sheikh owners, might jeopardize your own payday. Better come down like a ton of bricks on some Championship side instead.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I feel bad for the guy, he solved racism and now he has to go and look at a bunch of numbers?!

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Not sure why Wenger is happy to sell Mustafi, I was hoping that would be ahead of signing Van Dijk but apparently it's more likely to be Johnny Evans. I don't think Evans would be a bad signing for us but selling Mustafi after one season in England where everyone thought he did pretty well (compared to Gabriel) potentially to Juventus is :psyduck:

Yah it's real dumb. Apparently he's agitating to leave? Which is strange because Arsenal are real good at holding onto their players.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bea Nanner posted:

Yah it's real dumb. Apparently he's agitating to leave? Which is strange because Arsenal are real good at holding onto their players.

I'm seeing him going to inter? For £34m? This is absolutely retarded.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
It makes sense in Wengy world because he signed a guy who was in the Bundesliga team of the year as LWB and plays him CB, also currently playing one of europe's most coveted young RB prospects at LWB to accommodate the Ox starting at RWB (which he doesn't want to play) :psyduck:

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
ox plays left, bellerin right

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
How about playing an actual leftback in the leftback position? Sounds crazy, but it just might work.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Reminds me once in an FA cup game away at Blackburn Cole went off injured and Wenger was afraid to move Gallas to LB to see out the last ten minutes (because that is what unsettled him at Chelsea). He threw Senderos on at LB so Benni McCarthy could rip us a new arsehole down that flank and knock us out :allears:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Bea Nanner posted:

ox plays left, bellerin right

Pretty sure it was the other way round against Stoke because it was being questioned afterwards.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Pretty sure it was the other way round against Stoke because it was being questioned afterwards.

they may switch over the course of play, but i dont remember this

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Bea Nanner posted:

they may switch over the course of play, but i dont remember this

At Stoke, Bellerin was played at LWB instead of on the right. It was really dumb when Wenger instead played two leftbacks at centerback.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i guess i did drink a lot and got in the pub after the game had started

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal look like they're planning on closing up shop in two years. This is all so bizarre.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Mustafi is apparently being sold to Inter

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Arsenal look like they're planning on closing up shop in two years. This is all so bizarre.

It's the inevitable effect of Stan Kroenke ownership, as all the other teams he owns in other sports are absolute dogshit year in, year out

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
That's why he bought us, we were on brand.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

I love that Arsenal supporters have circulated the blame from the players to Wenger and now to Kroenke like clockwork

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

straight up brolic posted:

I love that Arsenal supporters have circulated the blame from the players to Wenger and now to Kroenke like clockwork

problems affecting the whole club are the fault of the whole club?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I blame them all OP.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Bea Nanner posted:

problems affecting the whole club are the fault of the whole club?
I agree I just think it's stupid when it was all Wenger's fault 6 months ago, but now the supporters seem like they don't want to blame Wenger at all since they've discovered it's all really Kroenke's fault or some poo poo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

straight up brolic posted:

I agree I just think it's stupid when it was all Wenger's fault 6 months ago, but now the supporters seem like they don't want to blame Wenger at all since they've discovered it's all really Kroenke's fault or some poo poo

Both of them are bad.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Arsene Wnger is a good manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

sassassin posted:

Arsene Wnger is a good manager.