Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

pubic works project posted:

Yes pick up a member of the Patriot RB roulette wheel over a WR who just scored two TDs tonight.

Marvin Jones is also on my waiver wire I DONT KNOWWW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

scrubs season six posted:

My draft in 1PPR. I've never really been happy after a draft and this one is no different. 12 team and this is my "big money" league which I won last year (1st is $1440 IIRC).

Yeah I know it's on 1 RB slot, but that's your big weakness. Better hope Fat Eddie gets fat and hurt.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Lewis actually didn't appear to leave the field during the entire first drive, and lined up all over the place.

I don't know if that means anything but it happened.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Ameer has been the best RB this game FWIW though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Drunk Nerds posted:

How long is he expected to be out for?

He's on the Saints so who really knows

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Drunk Nerds posted:

Haha, you actually listed # of teams, too. I got you mixed up with that other guy in your league.

Yeah this is a great team in that format.

Things I like:
Fournette for $26. Steal.
Kelce for $18. Steal
Pittsburg D is so good.

Things I dont like:
Larry Fitzgerald ($15), Emmanuel Sanders ($9), Pierre Garcon ($7)
(Would have prefered the $31 go to just one good/great WR)
RB depth is so-so.

Overall, you just need to do your upkeep on waiver wire RBs, and this team is a shoe in for the playoffs barring a streak of bad luck. B+ but like an 89/100

Thanks! I really appreciate the response. I'm glad you're happy with the Fournette pick, I'm feeling some regrets because of his foot/ankle situation even though I know it was good value (I trust my projection sources). Helps reassure me. Hopefully, he stays healthy. As to the WR situation, I singled those three out because I'm actually really high on those three guys. They're all going to be high target players that can start for me if needed. I wanted a bit of depth padding behind Allen because even though I love his talent, I don't trust him to stay healthy.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

CompeAnansi posted:

Thanks! I really appreciate the response. I'm glad you're happy with the Fournette pick, I'm feeling some regrets because of his foot/ankle situation even though I know it was good value (I trust my projection sources). Helps reassure me. Hopefully, he stays healthy. As to the WR situation, I singled those three out because I'm actually really high on those three guys. They're all going to be high target players that can start for me if needed. I wanted a bit of depth padding behind Allen because even though I love his talent, I don't trust him to stay healthy.

Yeah, that makes sense. Funny I didnt see that, I guess I have turned a blind eye towards Allen's injury risk, which will bite me back if I continue to ignore it

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

James White was my golden child last year.

It's really Burkhead that's ruining all of this.

Your team must've been complete crap if James White was your golden child last year in fantasy.

If anything his fantasy stats last year are pretty much :patriotsRB:

In 1 PPR leagues he scored over 10 points about 6 times, under 5 points 4 times, and the rest were between those 2.

And that's in full PPR leagues. He was at best a boom or bust flex option last season and most likely the same if not worse this year.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 26, 2017

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Chris Carson 🐐

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Forever_Peace posted:

Ameer has been the best RB this game FWIW though.

ah so its preseason

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

VietCampo posted:

Your team must've been complete crap if James White was your golden child last year in fantasy.

If anything his fantasy stats last year are pretty much :patriotsRB:

In 1 PPR leagues he scored over 10 points about 6 times, under 5 points 4 times, and the rest were between those 2.

And that's in full PPR leagues. He was at best a boom or bust flex option last season and most likely the same if not worse this year.

Yeah, this is a mystery I want to solve. Here's my theories:

- He couldn't have meant James White. Dude scored so underwhelmingly in 2016. Maybe he meant... I can't think of a great fantasy performer with the first name James nor the last name White. So this isn't it.

- Maybe he meant James White 2015? That's my current leading suspicion.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
He was clutch in my attempt to make the playoffs.

Perhaps not clutch enough however

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Who did you trade away to get him, and what did you get for him when you traded him away two weeks later

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Leperflesh posted:

Who did you trade away to get him, and what did you get for him when you traded him away two weeks later

Waiver wire.

After two of his good games, I used him as piece of a package that successfully acquired Odell Beckham :lol:

I don't remember specifics.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I am really confused as how to draft in a non PPR league. I want to go BPA. But now receivers are devalued and it's throwIng my stuff off

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ok, so take something like FBG projections for your players, plug them into a spreadsheet that will spit out projected points based on ppr, then move players based on how you feel they'll perform. It'll take a bit but don't be a baby. Then change the scoring from PPR to not, look at the projected points based on projected yardage and see if your own opinions are drastically affected by that, adjust, and be a big rear end man with big fantasy biceps.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Or just find a BeerSheet.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Whats with all the Chris Carson hype I am hearing?

He is the 4th RB in SEA right? Is he worth stashing?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

89 posted:

I am really confused as how to draft in a non PPR league. I want to go BPA. But now receivers are devalued and it's throwIng my stuff off

If you have a RB flex go RB-RB-RB

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
I have my first of three drafts tomorrow. Everyone has to keep two players, with the rounds they were drafted being irrelevant. 12 team, 0 PPR, 6 per passing TD, everything else is standard. By default I had to keep Lamar Miller and Drew Brees. I will be picking at 11 and then 14 on the turn. The next 20 players on the appropriate Beer Sheet are as follows:

1) Bell
2) Brady
3) OBJ
4) AJ Green
5) Fournette
6) Lynch
7) Dez
8) Kelce
9) TY
10) Cook
11) Hyde
12) Matt Ryan
13) Reed
14) Baldwin
15) Ware (maybe RIP)
16) McCaffrey
17) Ingram
18) Graham
19) Mixon
20) Montgomery

My league drafts on Yahoo, and we definitely have an "unconventional drafter" or two. I guess best case scenario would be one of Hyde/Cook and then Baldwin/McCaffrey on the turn?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OxySnake posted:

Whats with all the Chris Carson hype I am hearing?

He is the 4th RB in SEA right? Is he worth stashing?

If you have utter trash on your bench then sure, but there's plenty of veteran presence ahead of him and Rawls was listed as the starter.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If you have utter trash on your bench then sure, but there's plenty of veteran presence ahead of him and Rawls was listed as the starter.

14 Teamer with 7 BN spots so... :v:

One of my moves was dropping my kicker to grab Tarik Cohen. (Except I somehow got Chris Hogan with the 11th waiver priority)

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Carson is a solid flier for the end of your bench, as he has looked very good in the preseason so far. He's shown to be a solid pass catcher, and a physical runner - and successful on the goal line.

Yeah, he's a bit down on the depth chart, but Rawls and Prosise cannot seem to stay healthy, and who knows if Lacy is going to do anything - he has been uninspiring so far this preseason.

Evan Silva has him ranked in the DeAndre Washington/DukeJ/JStew tier FWIW

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

How far up does Kareem Hunt jump? My 12-team 1 PPR Beer Sheet had him at the beginning of the tenth round prior to the Ware injury.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

on the bored wop posted:

How far up does Kareem Hunt jump? My 12-team 1 PPR Beer Sheet had him at the beginning of the tenth round prior to the Ware injury.

If Ware is dead, he should probably be drafted where Ware was being drafted. Maybe even higher, because Ware's ADP factored losing carries to Hunt.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Just got sent trade request from a person in my 12 man .5 ppr league

Give - C. Hogan (picked him up 30s after Edeleman's knee exploded)
Receive - K. Stills

Person proposing the trade has/had both Edelman and Ware so that sucks.

Not much either way but wanted to post it here to see if I was missing something since I was leaning towards rejecting it.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I would reject it without even countering. What a poo poo offer. The guys play the same role but one on a high powered offense and one on a plodding offense with new QB

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Alfalfa posted:

Just got sent trade request from a person in my 12 man .5 ppr league

Give - C. Hogan (picked him up 30s after Edeleman's knee exploded)
Receive - K. Stills

Person proposing the trade has/had both Edelman and Ware so that sucks.

Not much either way but wanted to post it here to see if I was missing something since I was leaning towards rejecting it.

So much nope

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Edelman complete ACL tear

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

89 posted:

Edelman complete ACL tear

no surprise there as I've completely torn my ACL doing almost the exact same motion that he did, and not even as hard as he cut :smith:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

That's what I thought. Countered with C. Hogan & CJ Prosise for D. Martin because why the hell not.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

That's what I thought. Countered with C. Hogan & CJ Prosise for D. Martin because why the hell not.

Who are your receivers?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
TY Hilton
Larry Fitzgerald
Julian Edelman :rip:
Eric Decker
Rishard Matthews
Chris Hogan

I suppose my WRs could be worse in a 10 man league. Thankfully I only need to start 2

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
How terrible are your running backs that you need Doug Martin for 13 games?

Hogan is probably gonna be your 2nd best WR this year.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Spermy Smurf posted:

How terrible are your running backs that you need Doug Martin for 13 games?

Hogan is probably gonna be your 2nd best WR this year.

I dunno what you're Doug Martining about, but my RBs are

LeSean McCoy
Melvin Gordon
Mark Ingram
Tevin Coleman
Terrance West
Rex Burkhead
Jonathan Williams

I have Brady & Jimmy Graham as well. Mariota on my bench, which was an alcohol move that could have been something like Tyrell Williams instead or Maclin

EDIT: oh, you were talking to the other guy lolz

89 fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 26, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Just keep Hogan.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Ugh, 15 man league with offline draft tonight. Going to take forever.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Ugh, 15 man league with offline draft tonight. Going to take forever.

Those are tough. A 12-team league I used to be in drafted in person last week, with two of the guys on the phone. They get halfway through the draft and someone asks Jon, "You still there? Why aren't you bidding on anybody?" Jon replies that he doesn't have much money after blowing $78 on David Johnson.

The room goes quiet. Yes, David Johnson went for $78, but to someone else. The auctioneer had just said "sold for $78" and wrote down the name of the winning bidder without announcing it. He never heard Jon's bid in the commotion.

So, that was a Bad Draft. Also, it took five hours.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

pubic works project posted:

Who are your receivers?

A Cooper, D Adams, S. Diggs, S Watkins, R Anderson, C Meredith

Bell, Fournette, Gillislee, & Prosise are RB's

I'm hurting at QB (Luck & Taylor) (for now) and TE though (Ertz)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Kevin White wasn't drafted. Would you drop John Brown for him?

1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST, Half PPR:

QB: Luck, Carr
RB: Gurley, Rawls, Riddick, White, Prosise, Burkhead
WR: Julio, Cooper, Diggs, Sanders, John Brown
TE: Kelce

I'll probably wait until tonight to see if Brown plays, but between the coach and his lack of playing time it's hard to maintain enthusiasm.

Chris Thompson is also available, as is Chris Carson.

• Locked thread