Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

clevin walked out. realised he'd forgotten his phone. walked back.

in this time a smelly man could burst into the apartment, get showered and changed, and have a long conversation. why didn't clevin just go to the store? and if he did, why did he announce he's forgotten his phone?

A good boy knows he's not allowed outside without his phone, whistle, lifejacket and a snack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

A good boy knows he's not allowed outside without his phone, whistle, lifejacket and a snack

One Day Clevin will have a rebel phase in the comic. Thats right, he will wear weds underwear on Thursday!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Patrick went from having a gushing head wound in the last page, to having no blood or injury in the first panel of this page, to a red boo-boo covered in two band-aids and an ice pack at the end.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nuns with Guns posted:

Patrick went from having a gushing head wound in the last page, to having no blood or injury in the first panel of this page, to a red boo-boo covered in two band-aids and an ice pack at the end.

It's the healing power of Clevin.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
If you believe in the Clevin no wounds shall fell you, no heart shall be broken, and you will see the light of the Clevin, in the clevin we trust. Amen.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
I think Clevin sucks, tbh

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Not having Clevin make pasta and tea for unconscious Patrick was a missed opportunity.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Clevin is the light.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Allison, shut the gently caress up and get the gently caress out, I'm gonna gently caress your Clevin now.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Allison will understand that it is the only way for cat super hero to be cleansed by the love of clevin.

edit: I mean lets face it, he already hosed patrick.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 28, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

genderswap clevin

Ann O'Dyne

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
so I stopped reading this comic around the smug mediocre professor presents smug mediocre philosophy dilemma bullshit

last I remembered, alison was expressing vague romantic interest in the cute black robotics lady

Was this addressed literally ever again before she started batting for really boring white guys? How did we get from this to uh... *gestures to last 30 pages of thread* this?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh gently caress no that was never brought up again.

That one panel was all you got.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Robotics lady turns out to be gay for Feral though

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

so I stopped reading this comic around the smug mediocre professor presents smug mediocre philosophy dilemma bullshit

last I remembered, alison was expressing vague romantic interest in the cute black robotics lady

Was this addressed literally ever again before she started batting for really boring white guys? How did we get from this to uh... *gestures to last 30 pages of thread* this?

gently caress you, Clevin is not white!
He is also not a guy.
Clevin transcends race and gender.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Robotics lady turns out to be gay for Feral though

Wait, that was Feral in the latest page and not just a girl who kinda looks like her?

Okay I just backread a little. Let me get this straight: they undid one of the most horrifying and genuinely good plot points/fascinating ethical questions of the story because Alison strong-armed a guy into using his extremely specific and convenient superpower to make it all better?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Wait, that was Feral in the latest page and not just a girl who kinda looks like her?

Okay I just backread a little. Let me get this straight: they undid one of the most horrifying and genuinely good plot points/fascinating ethical questions of the story because Alison strong-armed a guy into using his extremely specific and convenient superpower to make it all better?

Clevin.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Yes, the Jesus the Martyr metaphor got turned into Jesus the Blood Donor. Also the dude was a libertarian shitbird, bonus

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

She hasn't become transclevin yet but soon she will see the light and way. All will be made clevin.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
And it cannot be stressed, strong armed with heavy rape overtones.

Right after the Invisible Rape Stabber chapter.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

Burkion posted:

And it cannot be stressed, strong armed with heavy rape overtones.

Right after the Invisible Rape Stabber chapter.

Yeah I literally do not understand the point of handling it this way when she apparently received no backlash for her actions aside from throwing up a little bit out of guilt? Has she shown any moral difficulty with it since?

Like, after a chapter that did a great deal of flirting with the idea that it's okay to kill rapists + prior chapters discussing Alison's privilege and how both that and her powers make her untouchable, you'd think this isn't the kind of thing they'd leave unaddressed if we want to be sympathetic to our protagonist?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mary was right

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah I literally do not understand the point of handling it this way when she apparently received no backlash for her actions aside from throwing up a little bit out of guilt? Has she shown any moral difficulty with it since?

Like, after a chapter that did a great deal of flirting with the idea that it's okay to kill rapists + prior chapters discussing Alison's privilege and how both that and her powers make her untouchable, you'd think this isn't the kind of thing they'd leave unaddressed if we want to be sympathetic to our protagonist?

They literally didn't notice their own rape overtones.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

alison is bad at things

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

alison is bad at things

I will say this, this page is competent. You have to forget some things like why Feral is standing here and who Clevin is but the page actually follows a logical flow and has dialogue that isn't the usual brand of awkward.

The story forgot to follow through with consequences and even the threat the Congresswoman has hanging in the air rings hollow.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Brought To You By posted:

I will say this, this page is competent.
today is the day clevin o'toole became clevident

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Whatever happened to the art, keeps happening

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
It keeps getting flatter and flatter :smith:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I know

FOR A FACT that you did not edit that

But if you had asked me I would have guessed that you made them all look softer like Clevin

Like, Alison and Clevin have the same goddamn face on this page. If they get any rounder they're going to become balloons

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Soon Feral will forgive Allison cause Clevin has infected her. UberClevin must have object to make pasta and tea for, feral cannot block!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Whatever happened to the art, keeps happening

Their eyes are so huge. They've gone full anime.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean

Okay I can understand going with a more cartoony design but

Alison used to have a very angular design. Notable cheekbones.

You can do that in this art style. Feral sort of has it.

Why is she so round

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Elysiume posted:

Their eyes are so huge. They've gone full anime.

It's terminal.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Burkion posted:

I mean

Why is she so round

edema

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Clevin's hair continues to grow unchecked

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Feral's hair is Clevining at the top.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Clevin is incredibly contagious, incurable, and God help us if it ever jumps the webcomic-reality barrier

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Burkion posted:

I mean

Why is she so round

Pasta has a lot of carbs you know

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Burkion posted:

Why is she so round

She's a tiny hairstyle change short of becoming Clevin. It is infectious! :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus