Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dr. Fetus posted:

If you're wondering how to kill Flyfish with the Splashdown, don't bother doing it at all. You have to land on top of the Flyfish for it to work, making it a nearly pointless nerf!

It may have been coincidence, but I think I shot a basket off a flyfish today using the inkjet cannon? Can anyone confirm that?

The Black Stones posted:

So is anyone else having teams full of nothing but disconnects? I think I've had about 2 of 7 matches so far where somebody hasn't quit and once you could tell right from load in someone left. Is everyone playing this on a 3G network in a fallout shelter?

Edit: it's just way worse than I usually see things.

I posted about it earlier this afternoon, but there was a good half hour where I was just getting straight connection errors for everything. Not even limited just to Splatoon 2, it happened in Arms and Mario Kart too.

raditts fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

raditts posted:

It may have been coincidence, but I think I shot a basket off a flyfish today using the inkjet cannon? Can anyone confirm that?

Can confirm I've seen this and it was before the patch.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For your consideration, Team Flight players.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

JackDarko posted:

Does any kind soul have the Tony Kensa gear with Respawn punisher that you'd allow me to order off you? My FC is down below.

FC: 6442-6484-9316

JackDarko, (and anyone else who wants it?) If you're still looking for this, I sent a friend request.

Name is Kid, FC: 0564-1481-3913

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Loving this new map. Though it is kind of difficult to get to the enemy's spawn point. But once you are there you can cause some serious damage while holding the other team on their platform to distract them.

Well... at least until others learn how to stop me

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Getting connection errors out the fuckin wazoo again. Match starts, then 30 seconds in it shits itself. Is this just me? I'm pretty sure my internet is fine otherwise.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Yeah, I lost connection on a map with 5 seconds to go :saddowns:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

VibrantPareidolia posted:

JackDarko, (and anyone else who wants it?) If you're still looking for this, I sent a friend request.

Name is Kid, FC: 0564-1481-3913

Hell yeah man, I've accepted your request. Looking forward to inking some turf with you. I'm wearing some cool gear as well.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

raditts posted:

Two direct inkjet hits in the canisters of a flyfish will blow them up. However, its super finicky; if the inkjet blast hits the lip of the canister it doesn't do a drat thing. I consistently struggle to actually kill flyfish with the inkjet even though it seems like it should be so easy.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I'm leaning towards not liking that new map. At least for turf war. Matches get decided in last 10 seconds of play because people don't try to hold and defend. They just push until they die and I find it's real easy to take back the lead there. I had a match where we won but had been outclassed the entire time but got couple of lucky splats to win and I've been on receiving end of this as well. I don't know why but it just seems way easier to push back.

The Black Stones fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Aug 26, 2017

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Manuel Calavera posted:

This game's been out a month. We are incredibly overdue for some brony poo poo.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Manuel Calavera posted:

I saw that right after registering for Flight and immediately regretted my decision.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Remember to boost Invisibility's vote by a lump percent, because high-tier invisibles are too cool to vote.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Had some fun games with JohnDarko earlier and I somehow ended up on a team full of bucketheads.

It's turf war, what do you even need all that tenacity for!!

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

I was going to go Team Invis purely for better queue times but after this announcement, I'm no longer sure that it will be the case.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i like this new map its so good for chargers

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
New map is real good, I like it a lot

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I've only got like a couple of runs on the new map. But so far my impression is that it has a lot of spots for ambushes.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Rexroom posted:

I've only got like a couple of runs on the new map. But so far my impression is that it has a lot of spots for ambushes.
Last night I went on a murder spree hiding on the wall below the grating walkway leading towards the center mast. Squidkids would walk over my spot and I'd jump up and splat them, it was great.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
My favorite weapons are the sloshing machine and the splatling, and both of them have stingray.
I hate the stingray. Somebody help.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think manta Maria is my favorite map but I need to try all the ranked modes first. But first impressions last night are good as hell

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Manuel Calavera posted:

Even better :ranbowdash:

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

The Black Stones posted:

So is anyone else having teams full of nothing but disconnects? I think I've had about 2 of 7 matches so far where somebody hasn't quit and once you could tell right from load in someone left. Is everyone playing this on a 3G network in a fallout shelter?

Edit: it's just way worse than I usually see things.

Yes, and I was playing local multiplayer! Admittedly, convention game room is like worst-case for wifi interference, but jeeze.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

In Training posted:

I regret supporting this mad person, I take it all back

I was gonna go flight, but this culinary abomination (and Marina's hilarious pervyness) is making me reconsider. :barf:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I support marina and the invisible octoling minority

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Gorp posted:

My favorite weapons are the sloshing machine and the splatling, and both of them have stingray.
I hate the stingray. Somebody help.

The only way I can help if to say this: I hate it too but I hate it less after playing rainmaker with the sloshing machine last night. Sitting back and being able to see the rainmaker carrier was great and I made a death for them safe for us line to the platform more than once that painted it and got us the win. It's not useless.

I also died by activating it thinking I had something else multiple times but eh

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I thought the "You can sneak into the bank and make sure the money is still there!" line was funnier but I am a manchild

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Are any of the hero weapons worth unlocking? They all seem pretty middle of the road.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

dromer posted:

Are any of the hero weapons worth unlocking? They all seem pretty middle of the road.

They're reskins of normal weapons. Do you like the vanilla Splattershot loadout? The Hero Shot Replica is the exact same gun with a fresh new skin so you can look cool and double-dip on freshness bonuses.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lakbay posted:

I thought the "You can sneak into the bank and make sure the money is still there!" line was funnier but I am a manchild

It was funnier. It was also less surprising than obliquely referring to masturbation

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The new map seems bad for splatzones. Once one team takes control that's usually it for the game.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dr Cheeto posted:

They're reskins of normal weapons. Do you like the vanilla Splattershot loadout? The Hero Shot Replica is the exact same gun with a fresh new skin so you can look cool and double-dip on freshness bonuses.

Oh, it's the Splattershot? I always thought it was the Jr. for some reason. Sweet!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Some of the hero weapons look way cooler than the usual ones. Especially the Hero Shot and Hero Brella.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Hero Shot is the most drastic departure from the base weapon and looks like a goddamn P90

The Hero Roller has the stats and loadout of the Splat Roller but the model is a repainted Carbon Roller

The Hero Splatling looks a lot more like the Splatoon 1 Heavy Splatling, with the tank mounted parallel to the barrels instead of angled. Lots of chrome on this one.

The rest of the hero replica weapons have the same models as their base weapons. I like the Hero Octobrush especially, the neon pattern makes the octopus really stand out!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

enojy posted:

Oh, it's the Splattershot? I always thought it was the Jr. for some reason. Sweet!

It is the Jr.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Wrong.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

It isn't, it comes with burst bombs and splashdown and has the exact same firing characteristics as the Splattershot. Here's Sheldon on the weapon:

quote:

The Hero Shot Replica is a different aesthetic take on the standard Splattershot model. This weapon came about after I made a breakthrough in my research and managed to create the ultimate weapon! Sadly, it never made it to mass production because the guys at the factory couldn't wrap their heads around my advanced schematics... So instead they just slapped some shiny parts on a standard Splattershot and called it the Hero Shot Replica. But it sure looks fresh, doesn't it? Give it a shot sometime.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 26, 2017

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

You're very wrong.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

What does the Sloshing Machine do that the regular Slosher doesn't? I'm comparing them in the test room and they seem to have about the same range and spray but the Sloshing Machine has fall-off damage and the regular doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The sloshing machine is like some weird blaster hybrid and every shot has a spinning exploding core to it.