Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Personally, I'm like Dennis Duffy. Social conservative, fiscal liberal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cnut
May 3, 2016

namaste faggots posted:

Can we just kill all baby boomers

Might be easier if young people just got the gently caress out and voted.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Let's all sing a long!

And I'm embarrassed to be an American,
Where sheriff joe walks free.
But no amount of pardoning,
Can erase the tapes of pee!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Let's all sing a long!

Something about sticking boots up taliban rear end

It's back baby awooooo

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

cnut posted:

I know people who legitimately think the best thing to do with your vote is not cast it. Like they think young people not voting is going to bring the system to a screeching halt, when in reality it's a generations-old fixture of voting.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

It's almost as if low voter turnout is the result of decades of intentional engineering by Republicans to reduce voting hours, voting locations and the introduction of requirements for documentation that aren't necessary at all.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not to mention if you're black lol good luck voting at all

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

etalian posted:

Also so many vacation trips the Secret Service is no longer able to pay for overtime hours due to a lack of extra funding.

what would happen if a big chunk of the secret service resigned due to lack of overtime pay? would they have to go to a skeleton crew and keep him locked up in the white house 24/7?

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

Young voters dodge the ballot in all states, not just the handful where Republicans get all "papers please". I think it's just human nature.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

what would happen if a big chunk of the secret service resigned due to lack of overtime pay? would they have to go to a skeleton crew and keep him locked up in the white house 24/7?

Supposedly they already had lots of resignations due to how Trumpy's massive family and constant vacations is leading to excessive hours without any sort of OT compensation.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It's basically we've all grown up with the internet and are maybe the first generation to have had the open face corruption of the US government broadcast directly to our faces 24 hours a day.

That's why our parents and grandparents freaked out over Watergate but my generation looks at Trump and just shrugs like "Yeah obviously this is the end result of Capitalism, please bring the sweet release of Death" because in our entire lifetime I cannot think of a single politician ever having their feet held to the fire and face meaningful consequences, and yes I'm including Slick Willy because uh, he didn't really do anything wrong and I was able to figure that out in 4th grade.

If Donald Trump had run in the 60-70 he'd have been tarred & feathered. The 80's may have elected him God King.

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
People don't realise that midterms are just as important as the expensive presidential voting terms.

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Let's all sing a long!

And I'm proud to have destroyed America,
Because the only moral X is ME.
I'm 80 years old, never miss a chance,
To vote White Supremacy...

And I'd like to STAND UP, but you see,
I ride a scooter for mobility....

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

etalian posted:

Supposedly they already had lots of resignations due to how Trumpy's massive family and constant vacations is leading to excessive hours without any sort of OT compensation.

What if it's like game of thrones and a pig kills him lol

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
I. figured turnout was so low because everyone thought Hillary was going to win so they didn't even bother.

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

Scary! posted:

People don't realise that midterms are just as important as the expensive presidential voting terms.

or local elections, or primaries, or registering to vote in a way that even makes you eligible to vote in primaries. There are a scary number of people who just say "i'm not in a swing state, guess I'll never vote until I'm old"

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
WA is nice as they automatically send us absentees for every election whether you've voted or not in the past few elections. I suspect if other states did that it'd have a huge impact on the outcome. Sounds like other states have very draconian voter laws. :shrug:

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Heads up spicy lols in Trump fine thread w some cool self owns

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

do u know jenny posted:

I. figured turnout was so low because everyone thought Hillary was going to win so they didn't even bother.

Also a lot of people thought both choices were dog poo poo, so they decided to do the most American thing possible: do nothing but loudly complain about the outcome.

cnut
May 3, 2016

The best use of the death penalty would be to kill all the narcissists and sociopaths that run the world. Bankers, politicians and lawyers. Just leave the surgeons alone!

lol?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

What if it's like game of thrones and a pig kills him lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB1QnZhwk1w

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Solid turnout in Pensacola

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im the goon in the back right

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I'm the black guy behind the flag

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I'm the ghost of Hunter S. Thompson way off in the left behind the barricade.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I'm the guy with the bike helmet

SAFETY FIRST

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I really need some good news right now, or some kinda catharsis. Lots of late night show are off for two weeks thanks to Labor Day. This Arpaio poo poo is rank.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

The Grimace posted:

I really need some good news right now, or some kinda catharsis. Lots of late night show are off for two weeks thanks to Labor Day. This Arpaio poo poo is rank.

Yeah I'm not loling anymore. I'm really sad and angry.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA NEVER REPORTS ON ALL MY BIGLY ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
Stock markets, deregulations, swamp, SC, pardoning Arpaio.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

cnut posted:

whatd this look like if they were weighted by proportional amounts of people in each category though?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Solid turnout in Pensacola

I'm all the gray beards that probably have pieces of food stuck in it, from a week ago of course.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
https://twitter.com/bornmiserable/status/901208128196198400

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

SniperWoreConverse posted:

whatd this look like if they were weighted by proportional amounts of people in each category though?
Exactly the same? It’s percentages and they add up to much more than 100, so ... what do you mean?

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

etalian posted:

They ought to unionize.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_5jFDqQSEE

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Why do people assume trump is attracted to his 35 year old daughter just because he was attracted to his 14 year old daughter?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Why do people assume trump is attracted to his 35 year old daughter just because he was attracted to his 14 year old daughter?

Because she looks a lot like, only better, than his ex-wife when she was 35?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

he's bought her a lot of good plastic surgery since then

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Got some much needed :lol:s

https://twitter.com/KQED/status/901473939385221120
https://twitter.com/ClaudineKTVU/status/901461913065803777
https://twitter.com/hadsrobinson/status/901474119501225984
https://twitter.com/DotDillon2/status/901295185522343936

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Now they just need to stop murdering black kids and the cops will be good.