Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

drat I love that IF costume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Do that poo poo on the TV show please

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It would only look like poo poo.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

goatface posted:

Who is that man that Danny is beating to death, and what did he do to deserve the flashy poo poo in public?

Other than throw Jessica through a window, I mean.

Right before that he tried to break Danny's back Bane style. And before that he tried to kill Luke with some kind of airborne toxin, and before that he tried to kill Jessica, Danny and Daredevil. Really he's just been asking to get his rear end kicked in seven ways to Sunday.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

drat I love that IF costume

Yeah whoever designed it did a killer job with it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

That dude is Diamondback, and he has been kind of a dick in the "pfft I have plans for all you super-types" way in the Defenders comic thus far. Right up until Iron Fist kicked seven shades of poo poo out of him.

Also there's a minor mystery Diamondback has powers now as he didn't before and now he's strong enough to catch Iron Fist's... iron fist in the previous issue. So that's why Danny is going all hyper mode in this scene.

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah whoever designed it did a killer job with it.

I really liked his white and gold one but yeah this one is pretty rad too.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 26, 2017

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Defenders #4

This right here is why I have so much beef with the TV show, and it's singular glowing hand. Why the hell wouldn't Danny on TV be able to have flaming fists and kicks and other awesome outrageous SF kind of martial arts?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Wasn't Danny was just the glowing fist for a long time, and he didn't start pulling out Marvel vs. Capcom hyper combos until Fraction and Brubaker's treatment?

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

The 1950s chinese Iron Fist did. In show I think the actual explanation is that Danny is just bad at his job.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Edit: Misread that!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cabbit posted:

Wasn't Danny was just the glowing fist for a long time, and he didn't start pulling out Marvel vs. Capcom hyper combos until Fraction and Brubaker's treatment?

Well for one thing he was able to make his fists and feet glow all the time in the comics, not just 10 seconds a day.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Galvanik posted:

The 1950s chinese Iron Fist did. In show I think the actual explanation is that Danny is just bad at his job.

I thought the Iron Fist in that found footage was supposed to be Orson Randall.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
TV Danny openly being the goddamn worst Iron Fist ever is one of the few redeeming qualities that incarnation has got going for him, other characters making GBS threads on his stupidity never stops being funny.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Galvanik posted:

Now that's an unfair representation.

He is loving terrible at his job.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Hey we have no way of knowing that Danny didn't use the Iron Dick technique when he gave his virginity to the lovely Colleen Wing.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
He's not rusty dick.

A Legends of the Iron Fist series would be pretty loving awesome.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Cassa posted:

He's not rusty dick.

Not with the same showrunners it wouldn't.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
More meant a comic but you're not wrong.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Fraction's issues of the different Iron Fists are the best part of his run

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
^^^^^ Agreed ^^^^^

Cassa posted:

He's not rusty dick.

Fraction did a series of comics like in his Imortal Iron Fist run. It was really good too. Volume 3, Book of the Iron Fist.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Limited-run Marvel Team-Up type book: LEGENDS - Iron Fist/Ghost Rider Through The Ages

Gymer
May 30, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Not with the same showrunners it wouldn't.

Didn't they get new ones for season 2?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have they brought in a quality fight choreographer (team)?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

goatface posted:

Have they brought in a quality fight choreographer (team)?

Going by the Defenders, the choreography is fine, the problem is the actor(s) can't sell it for poo poo. Daredevil does okay, but he's also got the benefit of having a mask/costume to disguise when it's a stunt person, the rest of the cast just looks slow, stiff, and awkward; I'm willing to excuse it for Jessica and to a lesser extent Luke, they more rely on brute force than technique, but there's really no overlooking that the ultraskilled, trained, and naturally talented kung fu master is awful at what he does.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Defenders' fights were worse than every other show except Iron Fist, I'm willing to bet that show was a little bit pressed for time. Either that or they skimped on the fight choreography to pay for Sigourney Weaver.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If Danny is intended to ever go full immortal-weapon-of-the-mystics-of-K'un-Lun, they probably need to at least find some people who have experience with wire-fu.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
My biggest disappointment with Iron Fist is that they never paused to display the name of the attack/defense.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 28, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

goatface posted:

If Danny is intended to ever go full immortal-weapon-of-the-mystics-of-K'un-Lun, they probably need to at least find some people who have experience with wire-fu.

Ironically several of the no-name henchmen Danny and Colleen fought did have experience with various types of martial arts and martial arts film-making, but they didn't get anyone who knew how to coordinate or film such things. Which was only exacerbated by having to wildly cut away from Jones loving up basic moves whenever they couldn't use a double in the shot.

I don't understand why the modern go-to for action is quick cuts, shaky cam and pitch-dark lighting. Why are they so afraid of me seeing what's happening in a fight?

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 28, 2017

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

Ironically several of the no-name henchmen Danny and Colleen fought did have experience with various types of martial arts and martial arts film-making, but they didn't get anyone who knew how to coordinate or film such things. Which was only exacerbated by having to wildly cut away from Jones loving up basic moves whenever they couldn't use a double in the shot.

I don't understand why the modern go-to for action is quick cuts, shaky cam and pitch-dark lighting. Why are they so afraid of me seeing what's happening in a fight?

I mean you just answered your own question.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jackie Chan bluntly lays it out that fast, non-steadycam cuts are because the actors don't know how to fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ&t=145s (jump to 2:25 if link is borked. But really watch the whole thing)

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's looking like I made a mistake by ignoring Defenders.

Edit - The Bendis comic I mean

Roth fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 28, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

It's looking like I made a mistake by ignoring Defenders.

Edit - The Bendis comic I mean

Everyone should know at this point, regardless of your feelings about other books he writes (even though both Iron Man book are really good too) he almost always gets the street level heroes right.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

Everyone should know at this point, regardless of your feelings about other books he writes (even though both Iron Man book are really good too) he almost always gets the street level heroes right.

I'm going to be honest, I think his Daredevil is better than Miller's.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-O posted:

His Moon Knight was a great cure for insomnia.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

X-O posted:

I don't mind Bendis as much as other people on here seem to. It was more that I just wasn't all that interested in the characters, and uh, I already get a lot of books :v:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Today is Jack Kirby's 100th birthday. Post the Kirby-est panels you got.

(I love that one guy trying to hold on to Omac's foot.)

Not a panel, but still probably my favorite Kirby story:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh man how could I forget these.

"When you cry out in your dreams -- it is Darkseid that you see!"

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Yo am I doin' this right?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012