Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh cool Everybody's Golf turned up a few days early.

Sakurazuka posted:

Everybody's Golf has a 7.5GB patch already, just a heads up.

Well? How is it??? Sad I have to wait for Tuesday, but hopefully we can live vicariously through you until then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's fine, it plays like Everybody's Golf always does, seems a bit more forgiving this time? My main complaint is how long it takes to unlock other courses, you'll be playing the same nine holes for a couple of hours at least, though there are mirror versions available tournaments essentially have random rules so you might just get the normal ones every time. Obviously there's hardly anyone playing online so I didn't get chance to try that.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's fine, it plays like Everybody's Golf always does, seems a bit more forgiving this time? My main complaint is how long it takes to unlock other courses, you'll be playing the same nine holes for a couple of hours at least, though there are mirror versions available tournaments essentially have random rules so you might just get the normal ones every time. Obviously there's hardly anyone playing online so I didn't get chance to try that.

What about what is the most important part, the fishing?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So I know Lords of the Fallen is bad, but is it like, buggy, ugly and unfun or is it just "in the same genre as much much better games"?

For 6 dollars I'm probably gonna dive in unless it's a resounding "Noooooo".

Like it's not Too Human bad is it?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

So I know Lords of the Fallen is bad, but is it like, buggy, ugly and unfun or is it just "in the same genre as much much better games"?

the last one. it's dark souls but not nearly as good. I wouldn't call lotf outright bad (if I had to rate it, I'd give it like 6/10) but you can do a lot better and it doesn't really do anything special. for $6 I don't think you'll regret your purchase, but imo you should only buy it if you really like souls games and have already played every other game in that genre

I played it when it was a plus freebie and never finished. I hear it's really easy to stunlock enemies with the shields but never tried

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Akuma posted:

Agreed! Was my GOTY. Have you done the thing that if you've done it you'll know what I'm talking about yet? Because if not ooh boy you're in for a good time.

Nope, I've unlocked 4 out 7 locks and maybe half the videos.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Is Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles any good?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

Its a sloppy, ugly, boring game. Its not worth playing and i never would have beaten it if it werent the gaming wasteland of fall 2014 when i did.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT seems pretty fun but man can it be a pain in the rear end waiting for the matchmaking. It can either throw me into a game in a few seconds or it'll take up to 10 minutes to finally assemble a team. Seems to be a lot going on here and that tutorial video is really heavy loaded too.

I like it, but I dunno if I full retail price plus possible season pass love it. There isn't even going to be a story mode apparently?

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Can anyone recommend me some online co-op games? Me and my brother are looking for something to play with each other.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

I think I've got the post-great game blues! This year has been a rollercoaster of nonstop good stuff and while there are still some low-key promising titles on the horizon, there's nothing I'm mega excited for.

Dude. Observer.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
If you haven't looked into Absolver, do so. That game looks awesome.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Abs Lover looks neat but right now I'm not sure how much content there's going to be besides wandering around and finding people to beat up. I'll wait for reviews.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

exquisite tea posted:

Abs Lover looks neat but right now I'm not sure how much content there's going to be besides wandering around and finding people to beat up. I'll wait for reviews.

from the EA streams I've seen that is basically it. The meat of the game comes from learning moves and customizing your combo strings. It's For Honor with CAC. There are all sorts of properties that every move in a combo can have so the game is gonna be fun the first couple of weeks before the fgc meta starts to take place and everyone starts making "the best guy"

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

OxMan posted:

from the EA streams I've seen that is basically it. The meat of the game comes from learning moves and customizing your combo strings. It's For Honor with CAC. There are all sorts of properties that every move in a combo can have so the game is gonna be fun the first couple of weeks before the fgc meta starts to take place and everyone starts making "the best guy"

According to the GOG store page it apparently has a single-player campaign, so it might still be fun down the line depending on how that works out.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Even though I heard it was pretty long, lost legacy keeps surprising me. Thought I was mostly done with it a few hours ago and I just started a new section. Defiantly feels as substantial as any of the games before 4.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Saw Lost Legacy in a redbox while shopping. Pretty pleased that I can play it for $3 when I get a quiet weekend.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If anyone was waiting to get back into Madden this years is pretty good. The story mode is pretty drat awesome and some of the little tricks throughout it are charming. Also there's a "arcade" mode this year that makes the game feel more like Madden 2003.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The Cosmo Kramer lookin' dude is the hero for the mobile game they announced btw.
That part is unclear since they say he will be the main character of that, a PC game and a console game. Either way he is giving me some serious Poochie vibes.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 26, 2017

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Please don't let anyone buy Dead Alliance. That beta was awful.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I am super late to this party, but I got Uncharted 4 on one of the last PSN sales for $20 and since I already owned the Nathan Drake collection I finally sat down to play them. I REALLY want to play Uncharted Ladies, but I also have heard great things about the narrative of the overall games. I finished Uncharted 1 and found it super fun. Bullet sponge enemies and insta deaths sucked, but overall it was a fun experience. I'm in the middle of Uncharted 2 right now. I definitely won't try to plat these games, but the writing is very good thus far.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Morby posted:

I am super late to this party, but I got Uncharted 4 on one of the last PSN sales for $20 and since I already owned the Nathan Drake collection I finally sat down to play them. I REALLY want to play Uncharted Ladies, but I also have heard great things about the narrative of the overall games. I finished Uncharted 1 and found it super fun. Bullet sponge enemies and insta deaths sucked, but overall it was a fun experience. I'm in the middle of Uncharted 2 right now. I definitely won't try to plat these games, but the writing is very good thus far.

You're in for a treat then, because 4 and LL are some of the prettiest and most charming games out right now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah. Just play them in order. They are all drat good. The only one I'd say was skippable is 1, which you already played. Some people don't like UC3, but it's actually pretty great. My favorite up until 4.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

also its not an uncharted game and has a totally different tone but play the last of us.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT seems pretty fun but man can it be a pain in the rear end waiting for the matchmaking. It can either throw me into a game in a few seconds or it'll take up to 10 minutes to finally assemble a team. Seems to be a lot going on here and that tutorial video is really heavy loaded too.

I like it, but I dunno if I full retail price plus possible season pass love it. There isn't even going to be a story mode apparently?

Does it still have the ugliest HUD in video game history?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

also its not an uncharted game and has a totally different tone but play the last of us.

I would advise playing it before 4 because you can see the evolution of the studio and you will definitely want something lighter to follow it up with.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

Seedge posted:

Please don't let anyone buy Dead Alliance. That beta was awful.

I'm target consumer for almost every shooter and I preordered it through Amazon. Played the beta and it was one of the extremely rare occasions I've cancelled a preorder. I got the vibe that the online community would be DOA and that it has ps plus within 6 months written all over it.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Anyone watching the fight through the ps? Any issues?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
My friend is letting me borrow his PS3, and Ive been thinking about getting a PS4. The thing is, I really hate the PS controller and love the Xbox one controller. Is there an aftermarket controller for the PS3/4 that is as close as possible to the Xbox? Also will any PS4 controller work on the PS3?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you hate the ps4 controller? why?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

you hate the ps4 controller? why?

Its the thumbstick positions. I much prefer where they are on the xbox controller. I play a lot of souls games, and recently I tried demons souls on the PS3 but I just couldnt play it very well with the PS3 controller.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Have you tried the DS4, it really is a marked improvement over the 3. Though I'm not one of those people that'll laugh at personal preference/pet peeves.

Charliegrs posted:

Also will any PS4 controller work on the PS3?

No idea about 3rd party, but regular Dualshock 4s will.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Charliegrs posted:

My friend is letting me borrow his PS3, and Ive been thinking about getting a PS4. The thing is, I really hate the PS controller and love the Xbox one controller. Is there an aftermarket controller for the PS3/4 that is as close as possible to the Xbox? Also will any PS4 controller work on the PS3?

You're gonna slam head-first into a bunch of edge cases with various games not liking the Dualshock 4 because the gyro's incompatible.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ds4 is so much nicer than ds3

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

xxEightxx posted:

Anyone watching the fight through the ps? Any issues?

Been watching it with no issues. The UFC steroid fight had some minor stuttering but this had been smooth.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
DS4 is a great controller. Every DS before it is hot garbage. It was a bit awkward to get used to but now I prefer it to the Xbone controller, which I do think is a great controller. I think it's the thumbsticks that make it. I've become absurdly good at finesse aiming in BF1 that I could never do on Xbone even with the exact same sensitivity.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hated the DS3 and loved the 360 controller. It only took like two days of getting used to the sticks for me to like the DS4 more than any controller ever. Its nearly perfect. Xbone controller isn't bad either but every single face button and the dpad feel way better on the Dualshock.

I feel totally neutral on stick placement at this point.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
The 360 controller would have been perfect had the d-pad not been a squishy mess. The bonetroller definitely fixed that issue but it's shoulder buttons aren't great. DS4 is better in that regard. The only issue I have with the DS4 is the giant touch pad that feels completely useless. Oh and the stupid loving light bar. The light bar sucks if you're playing in a dark room.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The only things I prefer about the bone controller is that the triggers don't hang out, which has always been my bane for the Dualshock, the vibration functions are pretty cool, and I will always prefer concave thumbsticks. Every other aspect of the DS4 is better imo.

I think I actually prefer the horizontal sticks at this point, not for ergonomics, but because it makes the DPAD accessible enough to actually play games. I'd never use the Dpad on the xbox for anything but inventory. The straight vs. offset sticks just feel like apples and oranges to me. They both feel fine just a bit different.

I was actually surprised that after 5 years of not playing Xbox the offset sticks still feel fine to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Does anyone know why telltale haven't made an Archer game yet?