Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Narrator posted:

Nick getting clowned by Brands is the peak of his social media presence

Irony of ironies: His original Hollywood Handbook appearance where his gimmick is "social media brand maverick"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

on this episode of doughboys, mitch failed to recall the word "granular"

it is the second time in the history of the podcast he has failed to recall the word "granular" and spent a lot of time trying to figure it out

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Dough Boys Review: Mitch started insulting lebron james for no reason so I mashed fast forward a few times, directly to the guest being mad at people who don't like hamilton, deleted episode.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Work Friend Keven posted:

Dough Boys Review: Mitch started insulting lebron james for no reason so I mashed fast forward a few times, directly to the guest being mad at people who don't like hamilton, deleted episode.

lol this is the dumbest thing I've ever read

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I guess a white collar dipshit like you wouldn't understand how blue collar guys like me feel when people talk about Hamilton. Whatever.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
King Lames

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Picky eaters are so annoying. I just want to shake them and scream "GROW UP!" in their faces.

(I say this mostly because I'm pretty picky about a lot of food and I hate that about myself, but I'm nowhere near as bad as Chelsea Davison)

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Chelsea Davison was pretty low-key picky eater. At least in comparison to that girl from Kimmy Schmidt who I'm pretty sure just has a harrowing eating disorder.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I guess a white collar dipshit like you wouldn't understand how blue collar guys like me feel when people talk about Hamilton. Whatever.

lmao if you actually listened to the conversation it was about how it was stupid that sports guys dismiss plays and theater and stupid how plays and theater guys outright dismiss sports

so good job proving their point

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Thats the dumbest post I've ever read.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Thats the dumbest post I've ever read.

You should get a load of this one then!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3750020&perpage=40&pagenumber=28#post475759052

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Hey sports guy, if you like watching guys with balls, you should check out Guys and Dolls!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Hey sports guy, you should listen to drat Yankees. And if you're a theater guy, check out the drat Yankees!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Cloks posted:

Hey sports guy, you should listen to drat Yankees. And if you're a theater guy, check out the drat Yankees!

mitch can't go to that show. it features the devil

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Impressed at Mookie's restraint at not whipping out his famously beloved Michael Jackson impression in today's episode

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Welcome to the Doughboys Double the premiere male body dysmorphia podcast.

Mookie's gonna teach Mitch how to cook. :unsmith:

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Can you have dysmorphia when you actually do look like fat sack?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Tomorrow's ep is KFC with PFT, even the Twitter thread is already great https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/902946155620851712

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I hope the entire episode is PFT dressing Mitch down for not wearing shoes and I don't care if it's his house.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

caligulamprey posted:

I hope the entire episode is PFT dressing Mitch down for not wearing shoes and I don't care if it's his house.
i hadn't even considered this. if only it were a video episode, cause just seeing pft in mitch's apartment is an absurd idea in my head

i was very glad mookie went over his first appearance and why it was so bad, because i knew he was on and didn't remember when. i have never relistened to any of the doughlympics episodes and they were legitimately bad.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

i have never relistened to any of the doughlympics episodes and they were legitimately bad.

I've only relistened to the Susser Games parts. Only because they get so (justifiably) mad at Susser.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

cams posted:

i hadn't even considered this. if only it were a video episode, cause just seeing pft in mitch's apartment is an absurd idea in my head

Yeah I was pretty sure PFT would never be on this podcast. It seems exactly like something he'd hate.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah I was pretty sure PFT would never be on this podcast. It seems exactly like something he'd hate.

he's a former fat guy, so he's probably got something interesting to say about food

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
PFT is still moderately doughy, and I imagine he has plenty of experience with fast food chains despite his stage persona.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

PFT is a big podcast nerd, I will not be surprised if he's been wanting to be on the show since episode 1.

Just please don't talk about Episode 1, The Phantom Menace.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Best recurring character is the Rachael Ray bag

Just listened to the Despicable Me DD ep. Mitch's hosed-up alt-history of Wiger adopting baby Mitch was great, as was Wiger's fuckin "Happy" parody song and the horror from the others' voices at it.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Wiger’s song parodies have been incredible. He sounds so uncomfortable during the bit, and the way he immediately tries to keep the show moving after ending the music makes me laugh every time.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Know Such Peace posted:

Wiger’s song parodies have been incredible. He sounds so uncomfortable during the bit, and the way he immediately tries to keep the show moving after ending the music makes me laugh every time.
nick wiger is a musical genius https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2df6x2YEeu8

watch to completion.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

cams posted:

watch to completion.

this was a trip

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

This episode is my favorite 2 hours of anything.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
Nick loving loves hot salad

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Love Pft actually questioning mike.

Henry Crustwheel
Jun 22, 2010

Those should be in separate boxes.

The Narrator posted:

Best recurring character is the Rachael Ray bag

Just listened to the Despicable Me DD ep. Mitch's hosed-up alt-history of Wiger adopting baby Mitch was great, as was Wiger's fuckin "Happy" parody song and the horror from the others' voices at it.

I mean... I bought one.

A Rachael Ray bag, not a baby Mitch. Gotta support the boys.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

cams posted:

watch to completion.

Nick Wiger's hatred of comedy is maybe my favorite thing about him.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DangerDummy! posted:

I think that's true of most people who work in comedy

https://twitter.com/twittels/status/388842795886055426

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

DangerDummy! posted:

It's more his hatred of working at Funny or Die (the site specifically). I don't think I've met one former employee who had an overall good experience.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

It's more his hatred of working at Funny or Die (the site specifically). I don't think I've met one former employee who had an overall good experience.

That may be true of the Gungan Style video, but he's been pretty vocal about how stupid and pointless and embarrassing his line of work is, especially stacked up against his father's accomplishments. His dislike of improv is especially pointed.

Also, I agree with Harris.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

DangerDummy! posted:

That may be true of the Gungan Style video, but he's been pretty vocal about how stupid and pointless and embarrassing his line of work is, especially stacked up against his father's accomplishments. His dislike of improv is especially pointed.

Also, I agree with Harris.

I forget which ep it was - I think it was a Double - but iirc Nick at some point talked about how the business of comedy is itself the lovely thing, in that it amounts to 'mechanizing' spontaneously funny behaviour or thoughts in a way that takes the magic and fun out of it.

edit: like sitting down in the @midnight writers' room and having to just churn out 20 topical jokes

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 4, 2017

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Well, @midnight was absolutely not funny, so he's spot on there. I dunno, things comedic people produce that they're passionate about can often be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

UP AND ADAM posted:

Well, @midnight was absolutely not funny, so he's spot on there. I dunno, things comedic people produce that they're passionate about can often be funny.

Yeah, which is why I think Doughboys works - it doesn't feel like work.