Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Thinking a bit back on how cheap some deaths and plot wrap ups on the last 2 seasons have been:

• Doran, Trystane and Areo get plot aborted after less than 20 minutes combined total screentime
  • Roose is set up as being loose but gets unceremoniously shanked in the 2nd episode of S6.
  • The 3 Eyed Raven teaches Bran how to use your 4d chess power to peek on people's privacy and poofs out of existance in his 2nd scene (3rd if we count S4)
  • The Blackfish comes back from the world's luckiest piss break and dies offscreen.
  • Dickon Rickon and Osha come back for the dead. Rickon doesn't even get any line
  • The Braavos plot somehow works out exactly as J'aqen had planned (???? world's best 4d chess player)
  • Kevan, Mace, Lancel and that guy whose entire character was being gay and hanging around with other gay dudes die in Cersei's crossfire explosion to get rid of Margaery and the Pope
  • Tommen gets fed up of his satellite character status and bails on the show
  • The Mereen plot dragged on for 2 seasons as if it was building for something or a lesson Dany could learn about ruling, but nothing comes out of it and she bails to Westeros where she commits the same mistakes over and over
  • The Greyjoy alliance, 2/3 snakes and Dorne get Euroned out of existance
  • The Reach gets Dorned. But at least Olenna gets the last laugh
  • Randyl and Rickon Dickon die after a combined time of 12 minutes of screentime.
  • Oldtown gets the 1st prize for Most Dorne Sidequest Since Actual Dorne after only 4 scenes in it from which little to nothing is gained
  • Littlefinger's character died in s4, but his s5+ persona gets a fitting end for being such an idiot

Way to check that list off D&D!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Come to think of it, is Dany actually winning at this point? She destroyed a supply convoy and a small part of the Lannister army (money was already in King's Landing) and captured an abaondoned castle, but she lost her navy, lost dorne, lost highgarden, and lost one of her dragons (to the Night King, who turned it into his own super weapon). At what point does she become a conqueror worth following?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Well if the episode 8 outline is to be believed Cersei feels like she cant do poo poo atm without more troops

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

grack posted:

Toxx it, then. If you're so sure the leaks are real put your money where your mouth is.

Why don't you just untangle your panties and have a conversation like a proper adult? It's not like any of this poo poo remotely matters anyway.

At least I try to substantiate my claims and refute arguments with facts rather than all you lot going "nah it's super fake, only idiots would disagree".

With that said, a collection of freefolk reactions to the awayforthelads plot leaks for season 7

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Constant posted:

So who did they cast to play Rhaegar? Supposedly theres gonna be the wedding flashback on Sunday when Bran and Sam meet at Winterfell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lXlzSMTKhQ

this guy's accent is hilarious, i can't even figure out what it is

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

"This is more fake than my girlfriend"

new thread title please

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

As Nero Danced posted:

Come to think of it, is Dany actually winning at this point? She destroyed a supply convoy and a small part of the Lannister army (money was already in King's Landing) and captured an abaondoned castle, but she lost her navy, lost dorne, lost highgarden, and lost one of her dragons (to the Night King, who turned it into his own super weapon). At what point does she become a conqueror worth following?

3 2 dragons > *

Poor Dany, should've listened to Yara and OIenna and melted the Red Keep like Harrenhal the minute she arrived.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Does Daenerys get pregnant in the fake spoilers?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Yes.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

precision posted:

Some variation of Southern.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Why don't you just untangle your panties and have a conversation like a proper adult? It's not like any of this poo poo remotely matters anyway.

At least I try to substantiate my claims and refute arguments with facts rather than all you lot going "nah it's super fake, only idiots would disagree".

With that said, a collection of freefolk reactions to the awayforthelads plot leaks for season 7

is awayforthelads the same who posted the season 8 spoilers? because lmao.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Vikar Jerome posted:

is awayforthelads the same who posted the season 8 spoilers? because lmao.

The current source of the leaks is unknown as they were supposedly originally posted anonymously on 4chan.

But to add to the mystery that awayforthelads guy deleted his reddit account a short while after posting the season 7 spoilers after stating he was afraid that the leaks could be traced back to him and from him to the guy who handed him the plot outlines, so maybe it is him after all.

I definitely know what I believe with fiery conviction!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I still have hope that the spoilers for season 7 were deliberately realised by the show runners and that they made every episode up to this one accurate, which is pure bullshit, just to gently caress with the internet.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Plot twist: the real spoilers will be released and they are going to be even worse. Jon and the Night King will have a swordfight on a flying dragon; Gilly finds a blueprint for an early laser prototype in one of the stolen books, which they will use to defeat King Varys' Warlock army; people will wish the fake spoilers were real

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Plot twist: the real spoilers will be released and they are going to be even worse. Jon and the Night King will have a swordfight on a flying dragon; Gilly finds a blueprint for an early laser prototype in one of the stolen books, which they will use to defeat King Varys' Warlock army; people will wish the fake spoilers were real

Nah this is better.

The more I think about it the more I would watch the poo poo out of this if it was season 8.

E: as long as Gendry is shooting the laser Congo style.

EE: scratch that, Commando style

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

I agree with the assumption that the real spoilers/episodes will be worse.

The reason I doubt that those spoilers are real though is that they are far more detailed than anything we have ever gotten and earlier in production than we have ever gotten. Given that hackers would release the original documents, as they did for season 7, and the rather small number of people who have access to these kind of details, for the spoilers to be real it would have to be either D&D or HBO who leaked it on 4chan on purpose so that they can gauge the reaction of the internet and crowdsource the revision to the plot.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

precision posted:

He sounds like AJ Styles, probably a Carolina accent like him

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

precision posted:

"This is more fake than my girlfriend"

new thread title please

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I definitely know what I believe with fiery conviction!

You sound like a flat earther or chem trails conspiracy theorist.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dorne apparently was 4 people so I don't know how much it matters to have them on your side.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

fleshweasel posted:

Dorne apparently was 4 people so I don't know how much it matters to have them on your side.

About as much as Highgarden which was one old lady.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

bloom posted:

About as much as Highgarden which was one old lady.

Nah they at least implied Highgarden had an army that was defeated offscreen.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

Nah they at least implied Highgarden had an army that was defeated offscreen.

Clearly their army was dissolved when they invented the Sand Snakes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think it's funny that the Dornish army is just still chilling waiting for boats and have done nothing to avenge their royalty getting kidnapped/murdered (then again, said royalty also murdered the previous ruler so maybe they don't give a poo poo about them)

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think it's funny that the Dornish army is just still chilling waiting for boats and have done nothing to avenge their royalty getting kidnapped/murdered (then again, said royalty also murdered the previous ruler so maybe they don't give a poo poo about them)

Given how awfully the showrunners handled the Dorne plotline, it's no surprise that they found one of the worst ways to push an entire kingdom to the side and dilute their plot relevance.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

the only good thing about Dorne was Oberyn, im sure book readers are sad about Dorne but no one else gives a poo poo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Constant posted:

the only good thing about Dorne was Oberyn, im sure book readers are sad about Dorne but no one else gives a poo poo

Like the night watch's side adventure or the adventures of dumb fantasy Hillary messiah it's something that was never good or interesting as the main plot.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Soul Glo posted:

He sounds like AJ Styles, probably a Carolina accent like him

AJ is from Georgia.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

Constant posted:

Yea we're all mourning the loss of Darkstar and Quentyn loving Martell

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
"Dark star is real, and strong, and he's my friend" --GRRM

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
It's not that the bookDorne characters were memorable by themselves, but the whole plot kinda worked.

The guy that appeared to be chill as gently caress was actually the record holder for world's longest revenge boner

The woman who had every right to want to go on a revenge crusade was actually the only sane person who wanted to let go and move on

2/3 of the bookDorne plot were ok.

Instead, D&D decided to only adapt the remaining 1/3rd, the entitled spoiled princess brat who had zero knowledge about the world or politics or basic plan making, and then splitted her personality across 4 characters.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Like, the Sand Snakes all being animu characters with personality specific killing methods was a little extra, sure, and Quentyn was a useless tangent, but the overall story going on there is interesting, and ties directly into KL, Essos, even Oldtown. Besides, we can handwave that extra poo poo because it seems Dornish folk are pretty melodramatic and flamboyant, anyway.

What we got in the show was bad pussy.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

It's not that the bookDorne characters were memorable by themselves, but the whole plot kinda worked.

The guy that appeared to be chill as gently caress was actually the record holder for world's longest revenge boner

The woman who had every right to want to go on a revenge crusade was actually the only sane person who wanted to let go and move on

2/3 of the bookDorne plot were ok.

Instead, D&D decided to only adapt the remaining 1/3rd, the entitled spoiled princess brat who had zero knowledge about the world or politics or basic plan making, and then splitted her personality across 4 characters.

The one with the troubled vagina was hot though. They were all hot. What else do you need?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I'll tell you what we all need:

John Snow must die.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The problem with the Dorne plot imo was basically the fact that in season 5 D&D wanted to do some rough terrible adaptation of the book plot and then after wasting time they just went "Oh gently caress that, that poo poo is too complicated".

Sometimes you gotta stick to your guns D&D, otherwise it just makes the audience feel like you've wasted their time and further highlights all of the nonsensical elements of the plot. The transition between "we must do these book plots!" to "Ugh, I guess we don't really need these book plots" was super jarring.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

John Snow must die.

They could do some really great character work with a man who knows his existential dread is justified dying in service of his countrymen but instead he's gonna sit the iron throne after saving the world from ice zombies and gently caress his aunt forever

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

John Snow must die.

They tried that already, it didn't take.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I would like to hear what a quality actor like Alexander Siddig thought about his role in the TV show Game of Thrones.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

TeaJay posted:

I would like to hear what a quality actor like Alexander Siddig thought about his role in the TV show Game of Thrones.

He thought it was dumb (what they did with the arc)

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/09/game-of-thrones-alexander-siddig-interview-leaked-game-of-thrones-screeners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I'd like to point out something good from this last episode.

Take a look at Jorah's facial expressions immediately after the Night King kills Viserion. Iain Glenn does a loving fantastic job of conveying emotions without saying a word. For one second, he's in shock, and then we see complete heartbreak on his face (because he's known Viserion since birth and is saddened for the loss) and then we slowly see him turn more solemn and focus his attention towards Dany and watching her reaction to make sure she's okay because he recognizes that she is the one who is hurting more from all of this. All in the course of five seconds. Really excellent stuff. It's really a shame that the lovely paint-huffing writers are failing all these excellent actors and production people that they're working with.

• Locked thread