Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

emotions
for
everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Rookoo posted:

Love 2 spend my time playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61JVzENLWQg

should be the first thing in the OP

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
drat third person suckssss

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

drat third person suckssss
Yeah, regardless of how many wrong people think 3PP is better to play, there's no denying that FPP is better to watch.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Final Circles own in FPP when it's not just rolling the dice to see who has the most advantageous tree or half wall to hide behind

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Anyone else watching the Squad Invitational on Twitch right now? poo poo is hilarious.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

VikingSkull posted:

Anyone else watching the Squad Invitational on Twitch right now? poo poo is hilarious.

Yeah, I've been watching Break and TSM. Really liking their strat of Break hiding out far side of the map looting meds to ensure placement.

Not sure how they are going to do in this last round though.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

I'm watching the invitational, having not played 3rd person since the correct way to play the game came out, and wow 3rd person games loving blow how boring.

I figured out how to make pubg tournaments not awful: 1st matches only, do a points system: get points for dealing damage, kills and round wins. weight winning rounds the highest for points and damage dealt the least with kills in the middle. do any number of rounds you want most points wins.

Monowhatever fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 26, 2017

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
the drop from ~70 alive to ~20 alive in about 2 minutes during the final squads match was beautiful chaos

Veritek83 fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 26, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Veritek83 posted:

the drop from ~70 alive to ~20 alive in about 2 minutes during the final squads match was beautiful chaos

it was seriously bedlam and very funny

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

causticBeet posted:

Final Circles own in FPP when it's not just rolling the dice to see who has the most advantageous tree or half wall to hide behind

I love ending in cities in FPP. Especially in squads. I feel like there's a lot more strategy involved and it's intense fighting in-between the buildings.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Apparently the Devs are building the new maps with the vaulting and climbing mechanic in mind, so they should be pretty good.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I picked this game back up after not playing it for a while, where I only played it for a few hours. On my third game I got seven kills and it was down to me and the last guy, who I had the high ground on. I popped him a bunch of times but he hid behind a tree and healed. Then he tried to pick me off from there but I got him once and he started running to another hiding spot. I couldn't finish him off on the run, and then I died cause I guess if you aren't in the circle at the very end you immediately die. Grats on your chicken dinner my friend. That one is on me.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Hamelekim posted:

Apparently the Devs are building the new maps with the vaulting and climbing mechanic in mind, so they should be pretty good.

That makes me want a new larger map with the same design principles in mind. Or maybe giving the current one a serious revamp + adding more unique building layouts.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I think the current map is plenty large for 100 people. No more interminable fields please

or are you implying the new map is gonna be significantly smaller than what we have now? I can't tell

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Hooplah posted:

I think the current map is plenty large for 100 people. No more interminable fields please

or are you implying the new map is gonna be significantly smaller than what we have now? I can't tell

1/4 the size supposedly.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah the new desert map is 4 km x 4 km.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

they really really need to fix early game lag. I like to do drops to crazy places but it's really game ruining to teleport through doors and take 5 seconds to pick up a gun

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

In solo a guy with a russian accent was talking in the plane about being a taxi driver and trying to make ends meet for his family, offered to drive people places for 5 bandages and that he'd be unarmed. He said he'd go to pachinki first so I followed. He picked someone up and drove them a bit and I followed on foot. The passenger got out and started shooting him but I rescued him and he gave me a ride to georgopol while making smalltalk about his family. GOTY.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Why is it cheaper to buy the Twitch Prime stuff separately than it is to get the pack on the market?

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

fadam posted:

Why is it cheaper to buy the Twitch Prime stuff separately than it is to get the pack on the market?

Because the pack is pristine and unopened and rarer. Can't have pretend nerdsweat on your pretend clothes.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I know that sounds sarcastic but idk if there actually is a difference or not.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

fadam posted:

The pack can be turned into the parts, but the parts can't be turned into the pack, so therefore the pack should be strictly more. The feeling of opening something is worth something I guess.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Is there any chance those twitch packs will be available in game again or did they say for certainty it's buy only now?

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
I really need to work on my ability to spot people. I have such a hard time finding dudes to shoot. Yesterday I managed to spot someone that was stalking me, shot first, and won the fight, and it was a real turning point. :unsmith:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

In solo a guy with a russian accent was talking in the plane about being a taxi driver and trying to make ends meet for his family, offered to drive people places for 5 bandages and that he'd be unarmed. He said he'd go to pachinki first so I followed. He picked someone up and drove them a bit and I followed on foot. The passenger got out and started shooting him but I rescued him and he gave me a ride to georgopol while making smalltalk about his family. GOTY.

I really want to leave VOIP on and it has helped me win some games by murdering people who had their mics hot for some reason, but fuuuuuuuuck. The start of the game is non-stop racist poo poo and whistling. If there were a way to get these people muted and/or banned the game would be a lot better.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I feel like I'm having a lot of trouble hearing footsteps compared to when I played a few months ago, did they adjust the sound level of it in patches? Are there certain settings I need to change to emphasise footsteps? Or do I just need to play more and develop a better game sense?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I really need to work on my ability to spot people. I have such a hard time finding dudes to shoot. Yesterday I managed to spot someone that was stalking me, shot first, and won the fight, and it was a real turning point. :unsmith:

I really want to leave VOIP on and it has helped me win some games by murdering people who had their mics hot for some reason, but fuuuuuuuuck. The start of the game is non-stop racist poo poo and whistling. If there were a way to get these people muted and/or banned the game would be a lot better.

Control t mutes, do it again on the ground to unmute

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

fadam posted:

Because you only get hit with one fee for selling the pack, not 4 fees for selling the individual parts.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Isn't the steam market fee 5% across the board? That shouldn't make a difference if none of the individual items are worth less than 20 cents.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Because you only get hit with one fee for selling the pack, not 4 fees for selling the individual parts.

But the fee is a percentage of the (total) sale price regardless?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah the new desert map is 4 km x 4 km.

The current map only has like 32sq km of actual land (or 36 or something) though right?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

WhatEvil posted:

But the fee is a percentage of the (total) sale price regardless?

I'm not 100% sure how it works but if you sell an items for .03, you only get .01 to keep, but if you sell an item for .06 you get .04. So at some point you have to factor economies of scale, even though it's usually not a big factor.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

WhatEvil posted:

The current map only has like 32sq km of actual land (or 36 or something) though right?

Probably with the water, if you'd like to picture it to the current map (8km x 8km) it would be 4 of the large yellow squares

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I have been waiting for vaulting and climbing. When will I be able to play the actual game and not this "not vaulting and climbing" game?

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
I've been dropping into city centers and other busy places to get some fights and get some experience. Mostly works, although it has made me realize just how many windows in the game are cluttered with useless poo poo that does nothing except make it harder to shoot out of the windows.

I still panic and die when I start taking fire in an open field though. :(

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
The solution is never go in a field

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Yeah, basically. You never get better at not instantly dying when you get caught with no cover. Instead you get better at knowing where you shouldn't go

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I've been dropping into city centers and other busy places to get some fights and get some experience. Mostly works, although it has made me realize just how many windows in the game are cluttered with useless poo poo that does nothing except make it harder to shoot out of the windows.

I still panic and die when I start taking fire in an open field though. :(

Regarding the window poo poo, someone suggested to me to use lean. There are a ton of places where a bunch of boarded up planks are blocking that shot if you are standing, but if you crouch now you can't see either. Try leaning left or right while standing, it drops your perspective just enough most times.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://clips.twitch.tv/ConfidentPuzzledCourgetteTwitchRPG

That starts right after choco notices the dude is naked :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Captain Beans posted:

Regarding the window poo poo, someone suggested to me to use lean. There are a ton of places where a bunch of boarded up planks are blocking that shot if you are standing, but if you crouch now you can't see either. Try leaning left or right while standing, it drops your perspective just enough most times.

Yeah, I figured that one out. It is still really awkward though.

underage at the vape shop posted:

The solution is never go in a field

I try to avoid it, but there are situations where I just have to traverse some open terrain, especially when the final circles are just out in the middle of nowhere.

• Locked thread