Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Catching up on some stuff

HM: Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Brian Cage (7/27, NOAH)

Brian Cage's best match. He has greatly improved over the past two years

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Catching up on some stuff

HM: Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Brian Cage (7/27, NOAH)

Brian Cage's best match. He has greatly improved over the past two years

Agreed was a fun match

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

HM: Rey Mysterio vs. Will Ospreay (8/23 WCPW World Cup)

Last stretch was clunky with some near-botches, but it's up there the Prince Puma match from Lucha Underground as proof that Rey can still go

Second. You're right about the last couple minutes getting kinda sloppy, but it told a great story. The opening minutes showcased how much they enjoyed the idea of being in the ring with each other, and the post match promos were kinda touching.

Honorable mention not so much for overall match quality, but it was a fun, feel good bout. I love Rey's place in the modern wrestling world more than I did during his time in WWE.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MOTYC: Will Osprey vs Speedball Mike Bailey, WCPW

The Speedball's still got it:

https://youtu.be/fTDgdUF1cjo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC: La Llave a La Gloria, Triplemania XXV

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

has that...... started?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

has that...... started?

That huge clusterfuck was apparently just part of it? I'll revise my nomination.

The Giant Stupid La Llave a La Gloria Clusterfuck One Fall Battle Royal: AAA Triplemania 25

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC: Sexy Star vs Lady Shani vs Ayako Hamada vs Rosemary, AAA Triplemania 25

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
MOTYC Trios Battle Royale AAA - Triplemania 8/26/17

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC: Pagano vs Mesias AAA Triplemania 25

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

MassRafTer posted:

yeah

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I'll hop on this one too.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

veto

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Agreed

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah, it managed to stand out even among the rest of the directionless messes with lovely finishes.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
MOTYC: Hiro Saito & Dory Funk Jr. vs. Masanobu Fuchi & The Great Kabuki, AJPW Summer Explosion 8/27

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

MOTYC Trios Battle Royale AAA - Triplemania 8/26/17
I'm still trying to figure out what the rules of that match were

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
MOTYC: Psycho Clown vs Dr. Wagner Jr. AAA Triplemania 25

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I didn't think it was a great match or anything but it was really loving emotional. Seeing Wagner lose his mask after 30+ years was a roller coaster

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

nthin this and El Mesias vs Pagano

Also nth to that weird confusing battle royal thing

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

This is worth my vote.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

abraham linksys posted:

MOTYC: Hiro Saito & Dory Funk Jr. vs. Masanobu Fuchi & The Great Kabuki, AJPW Summer Explosion 8/27

Dory was a corpse when I last saw footage of him 2-3 years ago - what does he look like now?

theminx
Jun 7, 2007
I has a bucket.

nth

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I suspect a lot of people were asleep during All Japan's Sumo Hall show yesterday, and I'm here to tell you that this was a mistake, and sleep is for the weak.

MOTYC: KAI and Nagoya Nomura vs. Daisuke Sekimoto and Yuji Okabayashi
MOTYC: Shuji Ishikawa (c) vs. Kento Miyahara

Both from 2017 SUMMER EXPLOSION: AJPW 45th Anniversary Show, 08/27

The latter match is pretty loving close to touching the high water mark of the Okada/Omega series (with only a couple of iffy sells keeping me from going all the way and saying it's on the same level, if not higher), and should be an absolute must-watch if you only watch one match from the show. KAImura/Strong BJ was also one of the better tag matches I've seen this year, with an insanely hot closing stretch.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah gently caress this match

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NuclearPotato posted:

I suspect a lot of people were asleep during All Japan's Sumo Hall show yesterday, and I'm here to tell you that this was a mistake, and sleep is for the weak.

MOTYC: KAI and Nagoya Nomura vs. Daisuke Sekimoto and Yuji Okabayashi
MOTYC: Shuji Ishikawa (c) vs. Kento Miyahara

Both from 2017 SUMMER EXPLOSION: AJPW 45th Anniversary Show, 08/27

The latter match is pretty loving close to touching the high water mark of the Okada/Omega series (with only a couple of iffy sells keeping me from going all the way and saying it's on the same level, if not higher), and should be an absolute must-watch if you only watch one match from the show. KAImura/Strong BJ was also one of the better tag matches I've seen this year, with an insanely hot closing stretch.

Nth

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

NienNunb posted:

2nd. I miss speedball in PWG

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

NienNunb posted:

This is the fourth or fifth Speedball match I've ever seen, and I'd say it's the first match of his where it finally clicked with me what everyone sees in him. Agreed.

Not putting it up for nomination or anything, but his match with Penta El 0 M on the WCPW World Cup finals show was pretty drat good. Couple of ridiculous spots in that one, and a fun match all around.

HM: Will Ospreay vs. Kushida, WCPW World Cup Final Match

I understand a lot of people's criticisms of Ospreay, but I love watching the guy, and watching Kushida throughout this tourney makes me want to finally dig into NJPW even more (didn't love his match with ZSJ, though).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjiqa79LRSw

About two hours and five minutes in. The match puts a nice bow on the apparent face turn he started when he had to defend the tag titles against War Machine pretty much on his own. The transition from sniveling, obnoxious dick heel to fiery babyface throughout the course of one match was pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11dbSf0DKtU

WCPW draws a lot of criticism around here, and their shows can be uneven to say the least, but I'm fairly new to indy wrestling, and they've served as a good entree into some great stuff for me over the last few months.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
you could watch every NJPW singles match KUSHIDA wrestled in 2017 and at worst get something pretty good from one of the random Best of the Super Juniors matches, and at best something really loving good (vs. Takahashi, vs. Ospreay, vs. Taguchi, vs. Bushi - all of whom had their highest rated matches ever with him this year).

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
Speaking of Hiromu:

HM: TAKA Michinoku & Taichi vs. BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi, best of 3 falls from TAKA & TAICHI Season 2

It had it all: unrelenting cowardice and cheating, gently caress finishes, Hiromu pretending to be a cat, good wrestling, a cool actual finish.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
HM: Matt Riddle vs. WALTER (PROGRESS 07/09)

If you like guys absolutely beating the hell out of each other, this is for you.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Foul Fowl posted:

Speaking of Hiromu:

HM: TAKA Michinoku & Taichi vs. BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi, best of 3 falls from TAKA & TAICHI Season 2

It had it all: unrelenting cowardice and cheating, gently caress finishes, Hiromu pretending to be a cat, good wrestling, a cool actual finish.

Seconded. Also Hiromu rocking out to Taichi's theme, a BUSHI/Hiromu theme mash up that I want to hear a proper version of and TAKA being completely unwilling to deal with Hiromu's poo poo. I think they also managed to get all of Taichi's fans together in one place too.

No idea what happened with the tomato guy after the match though. I think he wanted a match with BUSHI at the next Kaientai Dojo show?

The Kanemaru/Suzuki match was a lot of fun too.

E: oh and MOTYC: Kento Miyahara vs Shuji Ishikawa and MOTYC: Strong BJ vs Kai and Naoya Nomura but this Taka Taichi de Japon poo poo is more important right now. They even played that stupid J-pop Taka Taichi song.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 28, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Marti Belle vs Rachel Evers, Mae Young Classic Round 1 (8/28/17)

Absolutely terrible match, combined with the fact that apparently it was so bad, the finish was changed halfway through. :psyduck:

It probably won't win because of Triplemania from this past weekend, but it's still BAD. Marti has no business being in a wrestling ring. Or in the wrestling industry in general.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Marti Belle vs Rachel Evers, Mae Young Classic Round 1 (8/28/17)

Absolutely terrible match, combined with the fact that apparently it was so bad, the finish was changed halfway through. :psyduck:

It probably won't win because of Triplemania from this past weekend, but it's still BAD. Marti has no business being in a wrestling ring. Or in the wrestling industry in general.

Seconded. Jesus loving christ, I'm embarrassed for Lance Storm to even have his name associated with this shitshow.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Foul Fowl posted:

Speaking of Hiromu:

Yeah this ruled

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM:

ESPECTACULAR TORNEO CIBERNÉTICO
MÉXICO vs RESTO DEL MUNDO
VOLADOR JR., ÚLTIMO GUERRERO, EL VALIENTE, EUFORIA, RUSH Y DIAMANTE AZUL
vs
MATT TAVEN, SAM ADONIS, MARCO CORLEONE, MICHAEL ELGIN, JOHNNY IDOL Y JUICE ROBINSON

CMLL 8/29 Arena Puebla

Mike Elgin was out of this world, plus great stuff from Rush, Juice and Volador.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

HM:

ESPECTACULAR TORNEO CIBERNÉTICO
MÉXICO vs RESTO DEL MUNDO
VOLADOR JR., ÚLTIMO GUERRERO, EL VALIENTE, EUFORIA, RUSH Y DIAMANTE AZUL
vs
MATT TAVEN, SAM ADONIS, MARCO CORLEONE, MICHAEL ELGIN, JOHNNY IDOL Y JUICE ROBINSON

CMLL 8/29 Arena Puebla

Mike Elgin was out of this world, plus great stuff from Rush, Juice and Volador.

I'll 2nd this. Fun stuff if you have the time for it, and a good way to get hype for CMLL's Grand Prix this Friday.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Edit: Agreed for the Above and I'm super hyped for Friday's Arena Mexico show. Juice and Big Mike also seem to enjoy going full of Rudo

HM to Taka/Taichi vs Hiromu/BUSHI - Real fun tag with the the amount of cheating you'd expect (lots) and a real great finish

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara vs Shuji Ishikawa - Probably edges out Dunne/Bate as the best non New Japan heavyweight match I've seen this year.

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Nth to HM for the CMLL Puebla Cibernetico. Any match where Big Mike busts out a springboard armdrag and standing rana is great

• Locked thread