Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

I am interrupting my bedside guitar, humming "love will tear us apart" just to set y'all straight.

Ray just wanted to meet Polly and hang with her and Connie in a dinner, but seeing Polly made things happen to himself, and in trying to control himself he squeezed his wrist which triggered a dormant hypnosis pick-up method Ray had learned in the... 80s, I think?

After that happened ( "ju want some mocha, chica? " ) Ray thought it was quick-Onset diabetes but Vlad "read" Ray as wanting to re-balance the universe by making Polly be with him instead of Connie, etc etc.

Achewood was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Oh, right, poo poo. I had completely forgotten about Polly... just like Chris Onstad did heeyooo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i've been seeing "oh my god that is the worst possible answer in the universe" being used as a Thing on twitter lately and it tickles me that all these years later my brain knows to insert "bitches better take their oval office pills! I ain't wearing no gunny sack!" at the start

also "the only gay dude i'm marrying is a dumb broad with a big veiny rack"

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Somewhere along the line, I became incapable of calling black comedy anything other than "rough chuckles." It's been a problem.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Something I always loved about Achewood was how the darker stories like Philippe at the Transfer Station, Ray in Hell, Phillipe and Nice Pete Go to the Quarry, Cartilage Head contrast with the lighter jokes that make up most of the strip. Almost as if the world is a dark and frightening place, but inside the orbit of these knuckleheads and their friends there is light, friendship, and shared happiness.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Something I always loved about Achewood was how the darker stories like Philippe at the Transfer Station, Ray in Hell, Phillipe and Nice Pete Go to the Quarry, Cartilage Head contrast with the lighter jokes that make up most of the strip. Almost as if the world is a dark and frightening place, but inside the orbit of these knuckleheads and their friends there is light, friendship, and shared happiness.

Except for when Pat shot Beef. That was kind of outside the normal orbit.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Remember that Beef is a cyborg now and will likely outlive all his friends and loved ones by several decades.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I wish I had the internet in my brain like Roast Beef.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I enjoy (but don't like) Nice Pete. I wish there was more written in his voice.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Man buns always remind me of Nice Pete now.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

prefect posted:

Well, Pat's a dick. This is Known.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Wanderer posted:

Somewhere along the line, I became incapable of calling black comedy anything other than "rough chuckles." It's been a problem.

I've spread the phrase to several friends who've never read Achewood. It's a good phrase.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

No, I think guys who come from circumstances generally stand a pretty reasonable chance of getting shot at least once in their lives.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/YouHadOneJ0B/status/900424905056862208

Blister was right :o:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

first press of random comic takes me to the airwolf strip, god bless the baby angel in charge of days like today

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i got the comic where cornelius sets up his Shrovis-Bisopthorpe computer

I LIKE MY BUGGERY.... HASTILY DOCUMENTED

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I got the "bitches better take their oval office pills" one.

There is a god, and he loves this worst thread, posted on ugliest forum.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I got the tale of Rustmouth

dear lord spare me from that awful group sex

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

SHOOT IT! SHOOT IT RAY!

I KNOW MAN! I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
YOU EVER KILL A PERCH?!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
up yours Garfield

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Thou Shalt Not Two-Time Ladies
(that is terrible)

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

I just realized that Ray has two whole cooked chickens in his fridge in this strip

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12062005

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
A Tale of Woe:

I used to own a copy of "A Home for Scared People"

I loaned it to a person. I will never get it back.

I bought it for $8 used on Amazon. It is now $55-$65 everywhere because it is out of print.

My copies of "The Great Outdoor Fight" and "Worst Song, Played on Ugliest Guitar" weep on the shelves.

So yeah if anyone has one or sees one in a used bookstore, i'll pay for shipping and buy you a platinum upgrade for the help.

Also: Never ever ever loan out good books to lovely people.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Strange Cares posted:

I just realized that Ray has two whole cooked chickens in his fridge in this strip

what would YOU scream to kill a chicken

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

JethroMcB posted:

YOU SEMINAL TURD! YOU PISS FOUNTAIN! YOU'RE TEACHING THE FUTURE TO SUCK AND THE CHILDREN TO SWALLOW!

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

JethroMcB posted:

It hurts me that you did not like my joke. It... I don't know... it makes me extremely angry. Like you think I have a low mind. I can't have you out there telling people about this now, can I?

I wish more than anything I didn't have to do this. You are so pretty.

<fridayfacts> You know who never gets to give a high five after a job well done? A mortician. </fridayfacts>

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

HUSH! HUSH YE TO A MAN! DID GOD BOO JESUS AS HE WAITED TO BE BORN?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

A Tale of Woe:

I bought it for $8 used on Amazon. It is now $55-$65 everywhere because it is out of print.

My copies of "The Great Outdoor Fight" and "Worst Song, Played on Ugliest Guitar" weep on the shelves.

So yeah if anyone has one or sees one in a used bookstore, i'll pay for shipping and buy you a platinum upgrade for the help.

My lovely ex who decided polyamory was The Way without telling me never gave back my Sam and Max Collected Edition. I feel your pain.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Strange Cares posted:

HUSH! HUSH YE TO A MAN! DID GOD BOO JESUS AS HE WAITED TO BE BORN?

He made nachos later. He called them "Galaxy Nachos"? Is that a certain recipe? They were so tasty that I wished I had made them instead of him. I really need to get in control of this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Clicking through from Ray deciding to straight drink a glass of milk, I found,"Your lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer." :allears:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Jerusalem posted:

Clicking through from Ray deciding to straight drink a glass of milk, I found,"Your lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer." :allears:

I read that and immediately my mind leapt to "Dr. Andretti just cannot get the idea of that door being closed."

Anyhow, Ray's deep-seated, constant fear when it comes to Type II is something I can relate to 100%. Every time I lose weight - even if it's because I'm eating right and exercising - I'm convinced that this is it, The Sugar has taken hold. That's why I'm tired, that's why my feet are hot.

(Postmaster: FIND THIS MAN)

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Strange Cares posted:

Teodor is so good at being kind of rude but in a way that's easy to justify

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I had forgotten all about that, it's beautiful. Also I'm glad Charlie Chaplin can't hurt him anymore.

Speaking of bad news, You'd think it would be easier to give some bad news to Charlie Brown

platero
Sep 11, 2001

spooky, but polite, a-hole

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

I had forgotten all about that, it's beautiful. Also I'm glad Charlie Chaplin can't hurt him anymore.

Speaking of bad news, You'd think it would be easier to give some bad news to Charlie Brown

Charlie Chaplin's head looks like Cartilage Head.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
"He took you down with him like an Egyptian emperor!" is, I feel, a bit of an underrated line.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh no I grew Pubics

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW

Bust Rodd posted:

A Tale of Woe:

Will this do? I make an order from TFAW every month or two and haven't had any problems.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Random comic click got me the name of the middle cat.
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03212002

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
I clicked "random comic" and landed on the April 26, 2004 strip with a sound like an angel slapping pudding.