Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
remember all those articles during the primaries about ted cruz's hideous face? good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

triple sulk posted:

making friends after the age of 25 loving sucks

eh, it's not so bad, there's just fewer jumping off points so if your workplace is full of bores you're gonna have trouble

poo poo like meetup.com and other group outing organizers help a lot, I've meet some good long term friends through laser tag and beer meetups

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
3 hours out and i'm already at home, this night sux

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

:wtf:

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Brain Curry posted:

Embrace death. I wake up every morning knowing I'm slowly dying, and it makes me want to take some risks and embrace experiences that scare me.

See its finally caught up and all I'm doing is posting about it.

So it seems the constantly understanding that your dying really sets in around 30

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Origami Dali posted:

remember all those articles during the primaries about ted cruz's hideous face? good poo poo

yeah, his daughters hate him too

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

so how's austin doing right now?

its windy as poo poo and some power lines have gone down but that's pretty much it

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Origami Dali posted:

drafting articles to impeach ted's face as we speak

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

triple sulk posted:

Start selling drugs

Instant friends

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

safely sodomized posted:

ive never seen anyone roll coal in my entire life

I have. Once in San Antonio and once in the pac NW. Dumbest loving thing.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Epic High Five posted:

eh, it's not so bad, there's just fewer jumping off points so if your workplace is full of bores you're gonna have trouble

poo poo like meetup.com and other group outing organizers help a lot, I've meet some good long term friends through laser tag and beer meetups

everyone in my town hates me cuz im a weirdo and evrybody in the surrounding tests hates me for being from here lololol

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.
Sonic Drowning Theme EXTENDED - 168 HOURS

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Inspector Hound posted:

Start selling drugs

Instant friends

lol

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

drinking bourbon out the bottle and listening to billy bragg come on harvey show me what u got

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Epic High Five posted:

Oh my Christ we have website support groups?????

I should of stayed Christian and married.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Inspector Hound posted:

Start selling drugs

Instant friends

but i'm only comfortable with weed and it's totally legal here

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Rushi posted:

So it seems the constantly understanding that your dying really sets in around 30

idk i figured it out in high school

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3t7Hcvqzsc

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Nichael posted:

I guess no one gives a gently caress about "our troops" after all.

Bingo

They are a useful prop (sometimes) but the second they start asking things like "why are we fighting this war" and "pay us all that money you promised" they get dropped like a wet fart.

Look at the bonus army for all the evidence you need.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

safely sodomized posted:

ive never seen anyone roll coal in my entire life

You're pretty lucky. I've been blasted with that poo poo riding home from work a couple of times. I live in a dumbfuck red state though.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

do heroin because you dont care whether you live or die

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mayor Dave posted:

would be a really funny shtick trying to deal weed in a place where its legal
jay and silent bob it the gently caress up

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

new tornado warning

code:
BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Tornado Warning
National Weather Service Houston/Galveston TX
106 AM CDT SUN AUG 27 2017

The National Weather Service in League City has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
  Southeastern Wharton County in southeastern Texas...
  North central Matagorda County in southeastern Texas...

* Until 130 AM CDT.

* At 105 AM CDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
  was located near Markham, or 7 miles west of Bay City, moving north
  at 45 mph.

HAZARD...Tornado.

SOURCE...Radar indicated rotation.
code:
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

TAKE COVER NOW! Move to a basement or an interior room on the lowest
floor of a sturdy building. Avoid windows. If you are outdoors, in a
mobile home, or in a vehicle, move to the closest substantial shelter
and protect yourself from flying debris.

Tornadoes are extremely difficult to see and confirm at night. Do not
wait to see or hear the tornado. TAKE COVER NOW!

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Nichael posted:

It's pretty nuts that the transgender ban has kind of gotten lost among all the other poo poo. It's a terrifying action because it normalizes discrimination, and is a huge step back in civil rights. It also exclusively targets "our troops" but I guess no one gives a gently caress about "our troops" after all.

in summation, donny is nazi trash, thank you.

the craziest thing is it's something nobody wanted. some tea party type from congress appealed to trump to try to get him to stop funding for gender reassignment treatment for troops, trump had woken up to the news that manafort's house had been raided and i guess decided to lash out by doing one better

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

coal

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

triple sulk posted:

It's kinda rad because your friends have better stuff.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
https://twitter.com/robmorroliberty/status/901614414339723266

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

yeah it helps for sure but in some ways those kinda things feel less organic than the friends you make when you're younger

it's just weird and hard to explain. really by this time most of the age group i associate with is at least 30-35 and people are married and/or have kids so that's life i guess

not everyone has kids but you start to notice the people just being too busy with poo poo in life phase kicking in around your mid to late 20s

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Rushi posted:

I had some near death experiences and saw some people die unexpectedly in my teens and twenties, so I've felt this way for a long time, but for some people it never sinks in. It terrifies some people too much for them to think about it, but they're gonna die too.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/901680196587327489

now that's an ice-breaker

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

idk i figured it out in high school

Yeah well I didn't go >:0

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

Mushrooms are a very short moral jump and simple to cultivate in a space the size of a plastic moving bin or small aquarium

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

triple sulk posted:

making friends before, after, and during the age of 25 loving sucks

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Nichael posted:

It's pretty nuts that the transgender ban has kind of gotten lost among all the other poo poo. It's a terrifying action because it normalizes discrimination, and is a huge step back in civil rights. It also exclusively targets "our troops" but I guess no one gives a gently caress about "our troops" after all.

in summation, donny is nazi trash, thank you.

It gets news time. People are definitely talking about it. The problem is that so many people have normalized hate against transgendered individuals that most people can't generate outrage. Remember that the Nazis hating on the Jews did not actually generate widespread outrage in it's time because that was seen as normal. It's the same effect and it's a reality that every transgendered individual has to live with. In short, poo poo is hosed up.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

watching Where's Monday on Netflix

turns out it's just a Garfield joke

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Inspector Hound posted:

Mushrooms are a very short moral jump and simple to cultivate in a space the size of a plastic moving bin or small aquarium

Also fun af

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

robert morrow helps the dead masturbate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Watching ww2 in color for the first time

I didn't know hitler made the French surrender in the same train car they made the kaiser sign the armistice in. He handed them his terms and left. That's gangster as gently caress

He had the car blown up afterwards.

• Locked thread