Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I scrounge together a few scraps of Quartz for one final JP swimsuit roll.

UMU-get. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Has the Crunchyroll thing over already?

Edit: Whoops misread timezones.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 27, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i got bored and made an analysis for the okeanos gang

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=148795

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.
While I appreciate the guide, I admit I'm just not all that pushed about the new crowd. Most seem pretty boring. If I didn't see Hectors spear I'd probably just assume Arash had taken up smoking. Bonny and Read are apparently aces but their designs are too off-putting. Medea Lily isn't very interesting when I'm already invested in her older version, whose gimmick is actually useful.

The only one I'm sorta interested in is Drake, and given I have to save for Gudaguda and Scathach down the line, I'm not sure the Okeanos Rate-up is worth spending quartz on just to chase one 4*.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Well Drake is a 5* actually.

Personally I really want the Okeanos Archers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anne and mary are my powerful lesbian friends

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Drake is rad as hell and I wish she got more screen time in events.

also NA version better still have HOUGEKI YOIIIIII because the fact that JPN got rid of that skill line is a loving crime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think they try not to give too much screentime to characters that were already in other stuff, but on the other hand drake was barely in fate/extra

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Meanwhile Nero shows up in Septem, America, hosts her own recurring event, and also gets Summer 2017.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I think Drake just ain't that popular.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Pureauthor posted:

Meanwhile Nero shows up in Septem, America, hosts her own recurring event, and also gets Summer 2017.

Nero is a Saberface though. They're special :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

to be fair nerofest has no dialogue, she's barely in america, and summer 2017 was a huge group thing

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Drake fuckin rules and I'm pumped for her rate up. I don't have any riders yet really so she's a win win (gacha willing)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sooo... Anyone catch the Crunchyroll stream? Any news aside from the Okeanos trailer?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh god i miss half AP dailies so much.

edit: rip of the trailer from the expo

https://twitter.com/bluespade70226/status/901555500248006656

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 27, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Looks like the trailer is this with English text. If anyone wants to see it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy5DxZunROI

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
hector's a hunk. now to never get him.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Tired Moritz posted:

hector's a hunk. now to never get him.

He's 3* and it looks like he's not story-locked, so I'd assume dumping FP'll give you a surplus of him after a while.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Shiny777 posted:

He's 3* and it looks like he's not story-locked, so I'd assume dumping FP'll give you a surplus of him after a while.

I'm still looking for Ushi :(

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I got my weekly login ticket today, was just gonna sit on it and save it until a rate up for someone I really liked came up. But then I had a good chain of drops in a row, between getting some zerker monuments and chaos claws, so hey, why not burn the ticket while I'm on a hot luck streak. Surely this can't fail me like it has every other time I fell into this trap.

oh poo poo wait what

I think I've got a gold archer problem. Even moreso since the only reason I'm excited to get her is because her interlude has a guaranteed seven serpent jewels and I need them for Atalante. And maybe Gil idk.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Shiny777 posted:

hahahahaha I can't even get one copy of Robin hood since the start of the game, my dear friend.

BUT SO MANY BLACK KEYS THATS RIGHT

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I just want to NP5 Medusa and she has only shown up in the quartz gacha twice.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So this got posted in the Discord:

My CCC event :negative:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that interviewer should have never told them that ccc didnt get released in the us

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually by that logic the fuyuki singularity references the plot events of heaven's feel but nothing containing heaven's feel has ever been released in the us so we're already up a creek

and also how can lord el-melloi ii be in the game when nothing containing adult waver has been released in the us

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why is hans in the game if they don't want to reference the plot of ccc

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

and also how can lord el-melloi ii be in the game when nothing containing adult waver has been released in the us

UBW Epilogue.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The entire series' base is a VN that to date has never gotten an official english release.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh right i forgot he was in that

then, uh. cursed arm hassan?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I don't see why creating a Fate primer of sorts and posting it on their website would be too hard to make/link to if 'not getting the references' is an issue. They've set the bar of expectations for a bunch of anime nerds very low

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Grinding for statues is painful. I need 2 to 12 silver Berserkers, and 2 to 7 gold Berserkers.. The mix is based on who I decide to Ascend. I'm 2 gold statues from getting Jeanne all the way, but maybe I should spend them on Lancelot or Heracles instead..? Too many choices. :(

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I have to wonder just how many of the Japanese players had actually played CCC.

Is there any kind of source on that account, by the way? While it's not implausible, I'm wary of putting too much confidence in an random inflammatory jpeg.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

due to a lack of familiarity with the source material the following events have been cancelled

Halloween 2015, because Elizabeth is from CCC
GudaGuda, because GudaGuda
Christmas 2015, because Saber Alter is from Heaven's Feel
Saber Wars, because the april fool's joke Mysterious Heroine X is from was not posted in English
Kara no Kyoukai, because no american in the history of the world has paid the 800 dollars for the boxset
Da Vinci-chan and the Seven Counterfeit Spirits, because Americans don't know what an Otome Game is
Rashoumon, because Americans don't know what Onis are
Sanzou, because Americans don't know what India is
Onigashima, because Americans don't know what Kamen Rider is
FGO Summer Festival, because Americans don't know what a Summer Festival is
Summer 2016, because the the event is filled with references to old Japanese action movies
Halloween 2016, because Elizabeth is from CCC
GudaGuda 2, because GudaGuda
Fate/Extra CCC, because yeah
All the Statesmen, because the Riyo comics aren't being officially translated
Summer 2017, because it's a reference to an episode of Carnival Phantasm, and Carnival Phantasm never got a US release

please look forward to your new event schedule, which is just the fate/zero event on loop, forever

NRVNQSR posted:

I have to wonder just how many of the Japanese players had actually played CCC.

Is there any kind of source on that account, by the way? While it's not implausible, I'm wary of putting too much confidence in an random inflammatory jpeg.
it sold about 120k in Japan, which is pretty decent sales for what it was but with a playerbase of like 6-7 million it's pretty clearly not exactly a mainstay of the franchise. CCC is just Nasu's personal favorite work he's done in the series so it gets referenced a lot, it's not some core tenet of the lore.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
That's...uh....that's really dumb. Especially that bit about GudaGuda :psyduck:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
errr, so what events did China have? I'm sure China isn't flooded with fate stuff too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's an idiotic policy for a series that has had as many scattershot releases as Fate has had in the west and especially considering we've never gotten an official release of the visual novel which the entire series originated from.

Like if people have gotten this far without the original source material readily accessible to them, why all of a sudden are Koha-Ace and CCC determining the servant releases?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
isn't the gag manga already translated on the internet

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Honestly, this all just makes me more and more worried for the future of the game. If all I wanted was to mash through battles and accumulate servants, I'd just play the JP game.

If they're just flat out not interested in doing the fun events and side content, they should just come out and say it instead of wasting all our time with a game that'll never have the interesting stuff I'm actually looking forward to.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

errr, so what events did China have? I'm sure China isn't flooded with fate stuff too.
china didn't have aniplex usa i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He means Koha Ace not FGO Learning with Manga. Koha Ace is the gag manga that both Nobunaga and Okita originate from in Fate lore where they both riff on stuff in the Fate franchise while being incredibly lazy shitlords.

Here's one of the Drama CDs that was translated featuring both Okita and Nobunaga where they both talk about FGO and by talk I mean talk about nothing and occasionally mention FGO in annoyed tones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMkHs3J_iiI&t=35s

Here is the only part you actually need to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sea_pUoczag