Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

i thought florida would return to the ocean first, not texas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
remember when god stopped the rain so trump could make his inauguration speech

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Who's the one guy that's way too excited about a seasteading? You sure as hell would think he'd like to build a floating shanty region where all of this is going to vanish

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Weeping Wound posted:

Who's the one guy that's way too excited about a seasteading? You sure as hell would think he'd like to build a floating shanty region where all of this is going to vanish

even the ocean over what once was the great poo poo wastes is cursed

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

looking at the radar, there's a long thin line of the heaviest rainfall heading directly towards houston. like god said "gently caress you houston" and decided to smite it

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
is houston a sanctuary city

i bet that's why god is punishing them

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Rah! posted:

like god said "gently caress you houston" and decided to smite it

you're just coming to this conclusion now?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Rah! posted:

looking at the radar, there's a long thin line of the heaviest rainfall heading directly towards houston. like god said "gently caress you houston" and decided to smite it

god probably knew they were already in texas

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

KHOU's advice: pray to whatever power it is you believe in

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

deadgoon posted:

is houston a sanctuary city

i bet that's why god is punishing them

it is

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

VectorSigma posted:

you're just coming to this conclusion now?

well not the gently caress you part, but the smiting part, and this is like a double gently caress you anyways man

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

VectorSigma posted:

KHOU's advice: pray to whatever power it is you believe in

Jeb! will fix this

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
so it's insanely bad and the worst part isn't even over yet?

bummer

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_Tropical_Storm_Allison_in_Texas#/media/File:Allison_Flood_Houston.jpg

That's what Houston looked like after 35 inches of rain in Allison in 2001.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Martout posted:

so it's insanely bad and the worst part isn't even over yet?

bummer

the worst part isnt even HALF over

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Houston is hosed. All parking lots no drainage. They probably don't have flood insurance either. Tea party will have no problems opening the check book though for a red state.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Zyla posted:

jfc rip houston I guess

well the people who were "hoping" for a disaster of some sort to strike so trumpo could gently caress it up got what they wished for I guess?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

already starting to beat allison

https://twitter.com/HerzogWeather/status/901767339649232896

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Zyla posted:

the worst parts still dry

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Addicks Dam gauge

https://www.harriscountyfws.org/GageDetail/Index/2110?R=1

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/901579350662938624

records

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Getting out of Houston at this point is going to be difficult. There's only two major highways out of Houston, 1-10 east and west and 1-45 north. Going east is not an option and going north is going to be very difficult given the radar showing all of the rainfall in that direction. Interstate 10 west is really the only good option. All of those state highways heading west will take traffic into some low lying areas and they may not be drivable; state hyws north are very questionable because that's where most of the rivers, what few we have, are at. Somebody posted something that said Hobby Airport was in trouble, it's in the South and then you have the Bush Intercontinental Airport north of Houston. After that, Amtrak has passenger trains that run north and west but, who the hell knows if they can even function.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
"The water's coming up around my feet as we speak"

on the livestream

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Houston will rise again.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

financially racist posted:

like, new orleans was hosed so hard by katrina that it never recovered

houston is getting hosed harder and it's a city like 7 times the size of nola

it's ok though i'm sure tormp will handle this unprecedented disaster with all the grace we've come to expect from him

its mexico's fault!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

I'm the wettest president, with few exceptions, ever

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Houston's dyin', Cloud

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

https://instagram.com/p/4W-wO1sWI4/

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
i bet trump is gonna get a huuuge bump because of his response to this disaster and go on to win 2020

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/an0nwi11i4m/status/901727300814823425

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Agrajag posted:

i bet trump is gonna get a huuuge bump because of his response to this disaster and go on to win 2020

his response to the disaster including banning trans people from the army and pardoning an arizona nazi

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

werent there like poo poo loads of warnings about NOT driving during this storm? ffs

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Kazak_Hstan posted:

"The water's coming up around my feet as we speak"

on the livestream

Man you could see it passing the Highway 6 flood boundary on that KHOU feed.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

werent there like poo poo loads of warnings about NOT driving during this storm? ffs

The vast majority of people just do not understand the power of water.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

"Has anyone in Texas thought to sell scuba gear?" I wonder capitalistically before answering "No, because most people have lost all the money that isn't in their pockets, power to cash registers is down so debit and credit cards will be hard to use, and anyone that can get to anywhere anything is sold is probably looting them"

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
if only there were some sort of barrier to prevent undesirable things from entering the country from the south

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

I hope the Geto Boys are okay. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agrajag posted:

People's homes are flooding. emergency services can't get to people. This isn't like last night when only morons were on the streets. A lot of people on who go out now didn't have a choice.

• Locked thread