Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Didnt expect to see Giant Toto head appear on the race reack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm living this GP vicariously through you guys because 4G reception here is garbage. Sounds like I'm not missing much beyond the meme that F1 has become in 2017. Kimi is a pawn, Verstappen DNF'd, Alonso melting down over radio and Hamilton's hair is more interesting than the race.

In the right ballpark?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I hope Alonso cranks the engine up and lets it blow

Pretty sure he will, he's getting a new engine next race anyways.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I hope Alonso cranks the engine up and lets it blow

The alternative obviously being baby it and let it blow

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I miss the Russian GP.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Theophany posted:

I'm living this GP vicariously through you guys because 4G reception here is garbage. Sounds like I'm not missing much beyond the meme that F1 has become in 2017. Kimi is a pawn, Verstappen DNF'd, Alonso melting down over radio and Hamilton's hair is more interesting than the race.

In the right ballpark?

Correct, although there has been decent overtaking in the midfield.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I hope when Alonso's engine blows everyone blames him for being poo poo and breaking the car like they do with Our Max

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lol, Alonso grumpy as gently caress.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Ohhhh cool Speed Trap graphics

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Theophany posted:

In the right ballpark?

Pretty spot on except for the hair. It's not been freshly renewed and Hamilton may need to take some classes with Ronaldo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

In the right ballpark?

Haven't seen Lewis' hair yet

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

HJB posted:

I hope when Alonso's engine blows everyone blames him for being poo poo and breaking the car like they do with Our Max

Its very simple, Alonso is too good for the car. Max is too poo poo for his.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
What did alonso say there? I didn't catch it.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

HJB posted:

Are Max 'The Rocketeer' Verstappen has had bad luck in the car this year but he is a talent and I hope a top team takes him soon

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If my car was so poo poo I were about to be passed by Palmer I would be grumpy too.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Hulkenberg's snuck into fifth with all this poo poo going on.

edit: last best hope I guess is when HAM-VET get into backmarker traffic.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

ilmucche posted:

What did alonso say there? I didn't catch it.

"[palmer] will pass me in the next lap, i have no protection, doesn't matter because it doesn't change my life"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm beginning to think all these toliet paper commercials on TSN is because this thread broke some ad firm's analytics with poois.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
lol Perez

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

pik_d posted:

"[palmer] will pass me in the next lap, i have no protection, doesn't matter because it doesn't change my life"

Fantastic.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nando is so done.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm beginning to think all these toliet paper commercials on TSN is because this thread broke some ad firm's analytics with poois.

Canadians poop a lot, you know that.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

Then explain all the "life's better with a honda" commercials they usually run.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Thread over

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This is adorable and I love it

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
That...is amazing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NBC just did a "let the engine do the talking" segment with that Vettel onboard.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

NBC just did a "let the engine do the talking" segment with that Vettel onboard.

They could try it with the Mclaren, but i'd imagine that honda engine is saying the same kind of poo poo Alonso is.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

HJB posted:

This thread last year was claiming Hamilton's engine was blowing because he was lazy or something iirc

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Aerocat has been all over Instagram. Best catte.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:smith:

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Alonso dead again.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nando is done.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

:smith:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

lol, he's piiiiiiiiiissed.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Don't worry nando I'm sure the Honda engine will be great at Monza.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

hah Jolyon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Powershift posted:

lol, he's piiiiiiiiiissed.

I'm starting to think he should just give up on F1. The odds of him getting a championship winning car between now and retirement are basically zero. Might as well have some fun in Indycar or WEC.

• Locked thread