Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Jurgan posted:

Sure, but the people who find importance in those divisions would be able to explain why they consider them important. If you were to ask a Green and a Purple why they do frobulation differently, they'd talk your ear off about the significance of intoblioness. The explanation likely wouldn't make sense to an outsider, but they'd certainly have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
On the Green Lantern one, generally isn't Hal's Job more of an intergalactic thing? Sure he'll help with local issues, but if the Lantern Corps needs him across the galaxy that's where he'll be. I wouldn't have thought Earth would have been a priority, considering how much evil there is in the universe to fight, and Earth having the rest of the Justice League.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Wow gee you're right.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Volcott posted:

The trick is to make a gun with a blade, not a blade with a gun.

Isn't that just called a bayonet?

Elderbean posted:

As a veteran, I tried arguing that it was silly to be mad about people kneeling during the national anthem when vets have inadequate healthcare, high rates of suicide, etc. I argued that making a bunch of people stand for the anthem is an empty gesture when they could be doing something productive. Apparently that makes me an entitled weak cuck. This guy kept bringing up poo poo I never even mentioned too.

If you want to promote a right-wing agenda, say that doing otherwise is disrespectful to veterans. If an actual veteran disagrees, accuse them of using their service as a weapon. Heads I win, tails you lose.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Jurgan posted:

Isn't that just called a bayonet?

No, it's a rooty-tooty stabby shooty.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ularg posted:

No, it's a rooty-tooty stabby shooty.

A Genevy Conventiony-violaty rooty-tooty stabby shooty, to be precise.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

BioEnchanted posted:

On the Green Lantern one, generally isn't Hal's Job more of an intergalactic thing? Sure he'll help with local issues, but if the Lantern Corps needs him across the galaxy that's where he'll be. I wouldn't have thought Earth would have been a priority, considering how much evil there is in the universe to fight, and Earth having the rest of the Justice League.

Consider that this is a fictional character

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Geez, this happened to a coworker once but all she did was laugh in shock, tell the story to everyone else because it was funny and weird, then got the gently caress over it.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Jurgan posted:

I don't get it? I mean, I guess it's just purely absurd. If that's supposed to be a metaphor for racism, then it fails utterly (people aren't assigned their race randomly and can't change it).

From a certain point of view, they kind of are. :v:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Plom Bar posted:

Consider that this is a fictional character

It's not really his fictional jurisdiction.

Somfin has a new favorite as of 09:19 on Aug 27, 2017

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

BioEnchanted posted:

Nope his jurisdiction is the sector of the galaxy that contains earth. So yeah hamfisted but accurate.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

IoSM: mess with me, mess with mommy

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm so lost, what did the kid do to get a "wtf"?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Only pedophiles and childfree lunatics refer to children as "littles".

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Ularg posted:

I'm so lost, what did the kid do to get a "wtf"?

That's, uh, not about a kid.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

cptn_dr posted:

I'm still really lost and now I'm getting weirded out.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ularg posted:

in a word: cummies.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Ularg posted:

Adult-Babies

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

TinTower posted:

IoSM: mess with me, mess with mommy

this is a sex pervert thing right?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Slugnoid posted:

this is a sex pervert thing right?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Only pedophiles and childfree lunatics refer to children as "littles".

Adult babies are just roleplaying child molestation, so yes, it's a sex pervert thing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Here, have an educational podcast

https://thefpl.us/episode/63

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Andrast posted:

Here, have an educational podcast

https://thefpl.us/episode/63

Further listening

http://loureads.com/2017/01/31/lou-reads-ep159-the-sissy-babies-of-sissy-kiss/

https://www.thefmin.us/sissy-kiss-of-death/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thefminus+%28Extra+Credit%29

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Everyone knows it's actually the 121 foot rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6bmrqIsP8

Pro. loving. Click.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lemniscate Blue posted:

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure the point of that bit was that the cultural divisions upon which we place so much emphasis might look completely arbitrary to outsiders. Or, alternatively, "Aliens might be pretty fuckin' weird, man!"

I think the point was "Hey, Star Trek did an episode about how racism is really loving stupid thirty years ago. We should do the same in our vastly inferior show, only make it really stupid and look like loving idiots."

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I just have this mental block and I guess I'm glad I have it.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

cptn_dr posted:

I don't remember the last time I was jealous of an amnesia patient, but I really am now.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Tarantula posted:

I don't remember the last time I was jealous of an amnesia patient, but I really am now.

Innocent people, looking askew at a weird internet post: huh i don't get it
Me, an educated and traumatized internet veteran: you don't know this weird sex thing? lucky bastards

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

I love the heavy-handed "message" entertainment of the late 20th century so loving much.

Considering the average comic fan, it's probably a good thing to make your message easy to grasp more often than not.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Funny how the "Safe space" thing is way more appropriate to these people than it is for SJWs. Next we'll find out Alt-right collectively has a cuckoldry fetish.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ularg posted:

Funny how the "Safe space" thing is way more appropriate to these people than it is for SJWs. Next we'll find out Alt-right collectively has a cuckoldry fetish.

Yeah I- here's the part where everyone laughs at me and I get shoved in a locker- watch the Rooster Teeth podcasts a lot while I'm working and just about the most consistent comment on there is 'I come here to escpea politics' Bear in mind that most conversations are just all over the place about poo poo that happened during the week or back when they were younger or something but hoo boy if Colton Dunn mentions that being black means he had different experiences growing up compared to everyone else for three minutes. Bear in mind, podcasts generally go from 50 minutes to an hour and a half or two.

As children, the monster under the bed and the Boogeyman scared us. Today, it's politics and any discussion of them, including gender, sex, feminism, equality, etc.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah I- here's the part where everyone laughs at me and I get shoved in a locker- watch the Rooster Teeth podcasts a lot while I'm working and just about the most consistent comment on there is 'I come here to escpea politics' Bear in mind that most conversations are just all over the place about poo poo that happened during the week or back when they were younger or something but hoo boy if Colton Dunn mentions that being black means he had different experiences growing up compared to everyone else for three minutes. Bear in mind, podcasts generally go from 50 minutes to an hour and a half or two.

As children, the monster under the bed and the Boogeyman scared us. Today, it's politics and any discussion of them, including gender, sex, feminism, equality, etc.

Yea, and to be clear it isn't politics itself, it's politics they don't agree with. Women and minorities having equality, or the fact that LGBTQI people exist scares them to death. They're 18-25yo in a 80yo's body. Their vision of the world is what they were sold in the 90s, then what 4chan sold them in the 00's. They have their little bubble and popping that bubble is worse than murder in their eyes.

I love the youtube series on the subject by... ahem... Innuendo Studios.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCqQ9LxzTwM

(I'm gonna be asleep to don't murder me too hard about my youtube tastes)

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

BioEnchanted posted:

Sir, this goes beyond my training as a furniture salesman.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

nerd plus rage posted:

lol at General Armchair calling you a pog

and he acts like his CIB is some sort of super-veteran trump card.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:catstare:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's ok for her to say it. She's Jewish.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Can't believe he said the M word.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

It's ok for her to say it. She's Jewish.

She really liked to say it, too:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Kitty was the worst