Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cochise
Sep 11, 2011

His administration already said they plan to head down there this week to survey the damage. Do they not understand that the storm will still be in the area? Rescue efforts will be ongoing and his dumbass will hamper them even more because of security concerns. I hope Gov. Abbott tells Trump to go gently caress himself and not enter the state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Abbot loves Trump, he'll be too busy fawning all over him.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

How can this gently caress be so bad at structuring a sentence that he cannot even report something so simple as a disastrous flood WITHOUT LOOKING LIKE HE'S ROOTING FOR THE FLOOD?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

WeAreTheRomans posted:

As always, it reads like your senile Fox-watching Grandpa having an Opinion about Things.

My favorite part is how the way he typed it makes it sound like a new interesting fact that he just learned, instead of treating it like a horrible situation like he should be

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

On a similar note, who wants to bet at least one tone deaf media outlet/Trump himself will make a "Houston has a problem" headline?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

cochise posted:

His administration already said they plan to head down there this week to survey the damage. Do they not understand that the storm will still be in the area? Rescue efforts will be ongoing and his dumbass will hamper them even more because of security concerns. I hope Gov. Abbott tells Trump to go gently caress himself and not enter the state.

Wasn't there a disaster where the right criticized Obama for not immediately visiting the site even though the security disruption was why they postponed the visit?

is there an applicable Trump tweet?

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
POTUS with a very big "other"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/901802524981817344

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

1stGear posted:

Wasn't there a disaster where the right criticized Obama for not immediately visiting the site even though the security disruption was why they postponed the visit?
Fairly certain. Heaven forbid the POTUS have some forethought to not get in the way. I guess that's asking too much of Trump.

quote:

is there an applicable Trump tweet?

99% chance

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Zoning laws are what prevent sprawl, protect interesting spaces and maintain variety in development- to say nothing of their vital role in stabilizing economies and preserving opportuniy, housing, and access for the less wealthy.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i'm trump

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Hmm, yes, now is a cool and good to talk about a major infrastructure project in texas. And talk about how awful people the immigrants in texas are.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
All I'm thinking of as I read this tweet is trump being on that helicopter that didn't make it away from the white house in time from independence day

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Zoning laws are what prevent sprawl, protect interesting spaces and maintain variety in development- to say nothing of their vital role in stabilizing economies and preserving opportuniy, housing, and access for the less wealthy.

I'm not sure what you are responding to.

Edit: Oh I see now, 2-3 pages ago. Thread moves fast.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

WrenP-Complete posted:

I'm not sure what you are responding to.

someone two or three pages ago was complaining about zoning laws

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/brithume/status/901799802626875395

Am I reading too much into it or is this a proper dig at Trump from Tillerson?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/901804388649500672

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

POTUS at war with our bordering countries who could help with a 500 year natural disaster

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/901804388649500672

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

loving die already you fat sack of poo poo

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

maybe he means that mexico will pay for more flood walls.

Florida Ghost
Apr 5, 2011
Without a doubt, I knew Cheeto Benito was going to make a natural disaster about himself and his dealings. JFC.

Ladies and Gents, Our country has no leader.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]

Bottom Liner posted:

loving die already you fat sack of poo poo

:agreed:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I dunno, maybe? Not like you have a countries worth of intelligence to pull from.

What a dumb piece of poo poo.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Any statement that begins with "does he not know" with regards to Trump, the answer is "yes."

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
I honestly have to wonder if the information overload that is probably rolling into camp David over this disaster broke his brain even more. Like, he could easily just not be bothering with a garbage tweet storm at this exact moment. Isn't Sunday mornings a quiet time for him normally?

WTF

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

https://twitter.com/wxbrad/status/901805185739182081

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

https://twitter.com/wxbrad/status/901648357634002944

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Holy gently caress. If I had seen that picture out of context I would have assumed that it was a drainage ditch(whatever the gently caress those are called in cities), not a flooded road.

Stay safe Houston :(

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

Have you no shame, sir??

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

no, i am trump

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

QuoProQuid posted:

no, i am trump

Nah, you're Ted Cruz.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder how many people in his cabinet are constantly either going :doh: or just in a perpetual state of :ughh:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

cant cook creole bream posted:

Nah, you're Ted Cruz.

that would explain my unquenchable thirst for campbell's chunky soup

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Wark Say posted:

I wonder how many people in his cabinet are constantly either going :doh: or just in a perpetual state of :ughh:

I imagine there's more "how much money can I shove into this briefcase in between tweets?"

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

SpaceCadetBob posted:

I honestly have to wonder if the information overload that is probably rolling into camp David over this disaster broke his brain even more. Like, he could easily just not be bothering with a garbage tweet storm at this exact moment. Isn't Sunday mornings a quiet time for him normally?

WTF

He watches the Sunday morning tv and gets all his info there. Every single tweet can be directly traced to the exact segment and channel and words used. You never will ever need to worry about an information overload because he does not read or listen to anything with information, just cable news.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

https://twitter.com/wxjerdman/status/901785346979110912

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

And also what prevent high density development in the first place.

Zoning as a concept is fine, but it is a political tool and like all political tools to favors those with political power.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Waiting for Trump to sign an order to stop the number of the dead from being released to the public.
Or being talked about at all.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Houston wasn't supposed to get hit this hard, right? My coworker's wife lives in Houston and he said they were just expecting moderate rain.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Houston wasn't supposed to get hit this hard, right? My coworker's wife lives in Houston and he said they were just expecting moderate rain.

It's been known / expected since before landfall that the Houston area could see 2ft+ of rain. The projections bringing it from 2 to 5 are fairly new, though, but.. this flooding has been "just" the 2 feet of rain that was originally expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

DreamShipWrecked posted:

No it's been projected this bad for at least a week. His wife is dumb.

• Locked thread