Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
q: who stole ghauls lunch money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Hey Texas goons be sure to check in from time to time as long as you have internet. I don't want to worry about any old raid buddies. :ohdear:

Stay safe friends.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

VJeff posted:

So what stuff is the Xbox version of D2 not getting, anyway? I need to decide if I wanna buy the stripped down version for assholes feat. Bone Krew or the PS4 version.

It's like a strike, a multiplayer map, a gun or two, and maybe some armor but it's exclusive for just a year.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I am convinced we will beat Ghaul in the campaign so all the filthy casuals can beat the guy in the marketing, leaving the consul for the final raid boss.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

DrNutt posted:

Hey Texas goons be sure to check in from time to time as long as you have internet. I don't want to worry about any old raid buddies. :ohdear:

Stay safe friends.

Austin's probably going to be fine, but we're worried about everyone coastal bigly.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Doing good the rain has stopped for the moment and we still have power, internet, water, and beer. Local news has people getting rescued by civilians with boats, one dude brought his jetski.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

texaholic posted:

I am convinced we will beat Ghaul in the campaign so all the filthy casuals can beat the guy in the marketing, leaving the consul for the final raid boss.

I actually think the Raid boss will be the emperor himself. I kind of hope we get some new enemies at some point. It seems kind of lame that we keep stomping dudes and they keep coming back even after their leaders get murked. Like why are there still Taken coming after us? Oryx is dead ya'll go the gently caress home.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
before anyone says it, clearly some of the issue here for me is just jealousy over other people getting their hands on it sooner. But given the way I play this game and consume the content around this game, this rolling release feels like a personal affront to me and kind of bums me out during what should be one of the most exciting days in video game history for me.

The campaign will more than likely be completely beaten by hundreds of thousands of players before I'm even able to turn the game on. And as somebody who likes being on the forefront of discoveries in this game, it pains me quite a bit.

Lastly, I'm hearing that some bigger streamers in the US/UK are going to be granted copies of the game that will grant them the ability to play as soon as the game comes online (so probably New Zealand midnight time). So there's a chance that I'm not even going to be able to watch my favorite streamers streaming my new favorite game during the first few days of this major Destiny content release, because they're going to be just so far ahead of me. Which again, is just a huge bummer to a big twitch fan like myself.

I realize that many people can't play immediately in the first place.. they have jobs they can't take time off from, or family issues or a million other things... and I feel bad for those people too. But those things were going to be a problem for them no matter what time the game releases.

I know it doesn't bother everybody, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't bother other people. For those of us who take time off work and are going to show up no matter what time and date you tell us to in order to be out there on the front lines discovering this game as soon as we possibly could, the rolling release is a real bummer and I wish they would reconsider it for a game like Destiny.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Fart

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

KillTylerDurden posted:

before anyone says it, clearly some of the issue here for me is just jealousy over other people getting their hands on it sooner. But given the way I play this game and consume the content around this game, this rolling release feels like a personal affront to me and kind of bums me out during what should be one of the most exciting days in video game history for me.

The campaign will more than likely be completely beaten by hundreds of thousands of players before I'm even able to turn the game on. And as somebody who likes being on the forefront of discoveries in this game, it pains me quite a bit.

Lastly, I'm hearing that some bigger streamers in the US/UK are going to be granted copies of the game that will grant them the ability to play as soon as the game comes online (so probably New Zealand midnight time). So there's a chance that I'm not even going to be able to watch my favorite streamers streaming my new favorite game during the first few days of this major Destiny content release, because they're going to be just so far ahead of me. Which again, is just a huge bummer to a big twitch fan like myself.

I realize that many people can't play immediately in the first place.. they have jobs they can't take time off from, or family issues or a million other things... and I feel bad for those people too. But those things were going to be a problem for them no matter what time the game releases.

I know it doesn't bother everybody, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't bother other people. For those of us who take time off work and are going to show up no matter what time and date you tell us to in order to be out there on the front lines discovering this game as soon as we possibly could, the rolling release is a real bummer and I wish they would reconsider it for a game like Destiny.

:qq:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

DrNutt posted:

I actually think the Raid boss will be the emperor himself. I kind of hope we get some new enemies at some point. It seems kind of lame that we keep stomping dudes and they keep coming back even after their leaders get murked. Like why are there still Taken coming after us? Oryx is dead ya'll go the gently caress home.

They just want the drat Dreadnought back but welp

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

KillTylerDurden posted:

Thank you, please pay at the first window.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

KillTylerDurden posted:

Source your quotes.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Just applied to join the PS4 clan as Angry_Serf. Been really looking forward to Destiny 2 but I avoided watching anything until just recently. Game looks like more of what I want.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

KillTylerDurden posted:

If you were as hardcore of a gamer as you claim to be you would have moved to whatever country receives games first years ago. loving casual.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I applied to KINK as ihatepants on bungie.net, PSN: trapper700.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

texaholic posted:

They used Hive Magic bullshit to let Crota and Oryx be both the boss of the campaign and the raid, I'm sure they can come up with some nonsense for the Cabal to do that too. I always thought it was a nice touch that in the campaign they didn't use their full names but in the raid, it was CROTA, SON OF ORYX and ORYX, THE TAKEN KING.

Policenaut posted:

It's like a strike, a multiplayer map, a gun or two, and maybe some armor but it's exclusive for just a year.

It's like an element changing gun, right?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

VJeff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXZYMVqwvDQ

Yeah, the Borealis is an Exotic sniper that lets you swap between all 3 damage types at will.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

VJeff posted:

They used Hive Magic bullshit to let Crota and Oryx be both the boss of the campaign and the raid, I'm sure they can come up with some nonsense for the Cabal to do that too. I always thought it was a nice touch that in the campaign they didn't use their full names but in the raid, it was CROTA, SON OF ORYX and ORYX, THE TAKEN KING.

It would be pretty contrived if they did that with Ghaul. Hive bosses were kinda written that way because of their Throne Worlds. Ghaul would have to be like "YOU HAVENT BEATEN ME YET" and slump off and come back with cybernetics or something.

I'm sure we'll beat him in the campaign, but I'm also sure the campaign will prop up a bigger bad to be slain.

I really just want more raids like VoG, quiet, mysterious. Not trying to out-epic the last raid set pieces.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Might do it like WoW, in the campaign you hinder him a lot and manage to drive him off with some mcguffin powerup thing, then the first raid is his flunkies on this ship or some other surprise threat from a campaign side story and then the second raid in a few months will be him and his top guys. Next year some DLC, maybe with new enemies!

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
If the whole story of the game is Ghaul locking guardians off from the Light while he huffs all the Traveler farts, it'll probably be something where a fragment of it stuck in his chest or something when we rescue it and he get infused with special raid boss powers.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah I assumed Ghaul just becomes a Guardian by the end of the campaign and we beat him there but he just respawns somewhere else and your Ghost's like "rally the troops! We have to put Ghaul down for good!" and then the raid is locked for 2 weeks so we can't finish the story.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
That planet the Leviathan is eating in the concept art looks kind of like Vex blocks. Maybe he levels up with time robot powers.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

KillTylerDurden posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

poo poo, KINK is getting full. I don't even know how to make that into a joke.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

gently caress this Destiny 2 crap, when's the expansion and what alien planet am I going to? I'm ready for the expansion.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

gently caress this Destiny 2 crap, when's the expansion and what alien planet am I going to? I'm ready for the expansion.

Same. Supposedly the expansion drops Christmasish.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Policenaut posted:

Yeah I assumed Ghaul just becomes a Guardian by the end of the campaign and we beat him there but he just respawns somewhere else and your Ghost's like "rally the troops! We have to put Ghaul down for good!" and then the raid is locked for 2 weeks so we can't finish the story.

This is definitely what's happening.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!
I'd allow the traveller "into" me, if I got to be guardian, too.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I want coldheart really bad, that's pretty much all I have to say. And a fusion rifle that straight up gives enemies turbo cancer.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

DrNutt posted:

Ghaul is the Cabal Emperor. The Consul puppet mastered him into that position in a coup and he exiled the last Emperor. I'm hoping the Consul has a Worm and he's actually the Big Bad.

BastardySkull fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 27, 2017

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

KillTylerDurden posted:

I get to play like 17 hours before you. Your tears will be my energy drink.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

PathAsc posted:

I want coldheart really bad, that's pretty much all I have to say. And a fusion rifle that straight up gives enemies turbo cancer.

We already had pocket infinity

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!
They'll recover Oryx from Saturn and turn him into some cyborg/zombie thing.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

We already had pocket infinity

I didn't, but such is life in post ttk old Russia

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I didn't get one until it was nerfed. :negative:

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
Pre-nerf mythoclast was better.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

KillTylerDurden posted:

If it makes you feel less anxious to be first, some Polish dude already got a physical copy and has been putting out major spoilers and images for the campaign if you can speak polish.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is he data mining the disc or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is he data mining the disc or something?

What else is there to do in Poland?