Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Cameron Meredity is dead, RIP in peace

Don't do your draft before the third preseason games, y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Guy who lost Ware for season just offered me J Nelson for M Ingram and T Coleman. This leaves me with Bell, Ayayayayai, and J Stewart.

Standard league no ppr 12 man. My only decent WR is M Thomas so is this an accept?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Alfalfa posted:

Guy who lost Ware for season just offered me J Nelson for M Ingram and T Coleman. This leaves me with Bell, Ayayayayai, and J Stewart.

Standard league no ppr 12 man. My only decent WR is M Thomas so is this an accept?

jam the accept button

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Alfalfa posted:

Yeah this is a clear win, turning your team into a title contender.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The Bills look like they really don't want to win, and I would much rather have Brown's upside than whatever dumpster fire Matthews will be dealing with.

Wrong Mathews

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Sataere posted:

I don't know why you thought this. I can't remember the last time I liked a running back class coming out this much. I just wish I'd gotten more shares in dynasty, but I also think this receiving class is being seriously underrated. poo poo, it's easily the best tight end class in recent memory and it's probably the strongest class since Luck.

I wrote some of my concerns about the RB class here. I basically just thought it would be an average class instead of a historic class.

I'm all-in on this rookie TE class. I think it could easily produce as many as 3 of 2020's top-10 TEs. I've taken at least one, sometimes two TEs in every rookie dynasty draft I've been in. This could be a historic group.

QBs I was all-in on Mahomes but otherwise thought it was about average. After some preseason games I think Mahomes will be good and Kizer could also be pretty decent. Still not sold on Trubs or Watson.

WR I've been picking up Zay Jones and Kenny Golladay everywhere I can get them for the past month, considering the value they've been going for (though a few weeks ago I took Zay 10th overall). Aside from that I think the WR class could be about average.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
League had our draft last night, drafted at #6 in the first round in a standard non-PPR ESPN league. 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLEX

Ended up with the following (starters in bold):

QB: Kirk Cousins, Matt Stafford
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Kareem Hunt, Terrance West, Darren McFadden, Derrick Henry
WR: Amari Cooper, Terrelle Pryor, Kelvin Benjamin, Donte Moncrief
TE: Travis Kelce, Eric Ebron
D/ST: Chargers
K: Blair Walsh

Besides a lack of depth at WR, what should I be looking to address? I know a couple of you will gripe at me for carrying 2 QBs, but I got my second late enough I thought it was worth it just to tie him up.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
How the gently caress did you get Bell at the #6 pick?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Q_res posted:

League had our draft last night, drafted at #6 in the first round in a standard non-PPR ESPN league. 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLEX

Ended up with the following (starters in bold):

QB: Kirk Cousins, Matt Stafford
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Kareem Hunt, Terrance West, Darren McFadden, Derrick Henry
WR: Amari Cooper, Terrelle Pryor, Kelvin Benjamin, Donte Moncrief
TE: Travis Kelce, Eric Ebron
D/ST: Chargers
K: Blair Walsh

Besides a lack of depth at WR, what should I be looking to address? I know a couple of you will gripe at me for carrying 2 QBs, but I got my second late enough I thought it was worth it just to tie him up.

You would have better WR depth if you didn't have a backup QB and TE. I don't get it. Neither Cousins nor Kelce is particularly injury prone. Take a late round WR instead if you only have 4 on your roster...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea your backup QB and TE are worthless. Drop them for players you actually need.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I don't know how that happened, the only reason I didn't instantly mash the 'Draft' button is because it took me a second to realize he was still there.

Draft order prior to my pick:

David Johnson
Antonio Brown
Devonta Freeman
Julio Jones
Jordy Nelson

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hahahaha I had Ware and Meredith on the same team. Just dropped Meredith for White and Ware for I don't even remember who because gently caress my life.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Taking Freeman over Bell is criminal.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

CompeAnansi posted:

You would have better WR depth if you didn't have a backup QB and TE. I don't get it. Neither Cousins nor Kelce is particularly injury prone. Take a late round WR instead if you only have 4 on your roster...

Literally everyone carries 2 QBs in my league, so it can be a bitch to get a worthwhile backup to cover your Bye if you wait. I mean, you're right, I'm not arguing that but that's the league I play in. Ebron, yeah, not much defense for that pick.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If everyone has 2QB there's a bunch of good RB's and WR's on the waiver wire. Drop your backup QB and TE for them.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Q_res posted:

Literally everyone carries 2 QBs in my league, so it can be a bitch to get a worthwhile backup to cover your Bye if you wait. I mean, you're right, I'm not arguing that but that's the league I play in. Ebron, yeah, not much defense for that pick.

That just means there's even more dudes worth grabbing on the waiver then. At best you'll only need a backup for your bye, so there's no point holding someone for 13+ weeks if your intention is to use him for 1.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
In the 12 man I drafted in last night, the dude that had Spencer Ware only has:

Carlos Hyde
Danny Woodhead
Darren Sproles

now as his RBs, lol. He does have Julio & Brady...

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Okay, well which of these should I pick up

Best RBs available are: Latavius Murray, Jeremy Hill, Ryan Matthews, Jerick McKinnon, Tim Hightower, Rashad Jennings

Best WRs are: Kenny Stills, Brandon LaFell, Sterling Shepard, Steve Smith, Cole
Beasley, Anquan Boldin

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Some guy in my league hosed up his draft order and ended up with Rodgers and Brady at QB with Reed and Olsen at TE.

He has absolutely underwhelming players at WR and RB and is already open to trades since the draft was last night. I have Brees at QB who isn't far behind those 2 and Rudolph at TE.

Thinking of tossing an offer of Brees, Rudolph, and 1 of Diggs/Powell/Ingram/Tyreek/Crabtree for Rodgers and Olsen, worth it? If so who?

edit: yea i'm dumb, he probably doesn't want a QB back if he already has Brady too.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 27, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Q_res posted:

Best RBs available are: Latavius Murray, Jeremy Hill, Ryan Matthews, Jerick McKinnon, Tim Hightower, Rashad Jennings

Beasley, Anquan Boldin

anquan boldin retired, man

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So Meredith is dead. I need a replacement in 1PPR. Kupp or Travis Benjamin?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I scooped Hogan just to see Cameron die. Guess I know who to drop for a dst.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
Just drafted my 10 team Standard league, very pleased with it though will do my best to trade for a star WR. 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1 flex

QB: Mariota
RB: D Johnson, Crowell, K Hunt, Montgomery, West, Smallwood
WR: M Thomas, A rob, M Bryant, E sanders, Maclin, Wallace, Tyrell Williams
TE: Kelce
K: No-one, will drop someone before the season starts
Def: No-one, will drop someone before the season starts

Edelman, Ware and Meredith all got drafted which gave everyone else a good laugh.

My other redraft league has a ridiculous 18 teams (it's friends else I wouldn't bother) and I am due to pick 16th. Not looking forward to that one...

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Just drafted Meredith yesterday in a 1PPR. That leaves me with Odell, Cooks, Landry, and Decker.

Free agent pool is R. Matthews, Thielen, K. White, Marvin Jones and Mike Wallace. Help me out folks

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

schweens posted:

Just drafted Meredith yesterday in a 1PPR. That leaves me with Odell, Cooks, Landry, and Decker.

Free agent pool is R. Matthews, Thielen, K. White, Marvin Jones and Mike Wallace. Help me out folks

Out of that group? Marvin

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Q_res posted:

Beasley, Anquan Boldin

Two of these guys are retired and the other two are unemployed/probably out of the league this year

Grab Hill and Shepard

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
Yesterday I drafted this team in a 14 team 1 ppr league, 2 RB, 2 WR 1 FLEX, and I picked 3rd. How is it?

QB: Derek Carr
RB: Lamar Miller, Isaiah Crowell, Joe Mixon, Thomas Rawls, D'Onta Foreman, Jalen Richard
WR: Antonio Brown, Tyreke Hill, DeVante Parker, Eric Decker, Josh Doctson, Kevin White
TE: Jared Cook
K: Nick Novak
D/ST: Ravens

Thanks!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Meredith down? Kendall Wright's value shooting through the r-

I'm sorry I'll delete it

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
0.5 PPR, 12 team league. I got offered a straight TE trade, I get Jordan Reed, I give up Ertz. Seems like a good deal, I'm concerned about Reed staying healthy obviously but there's nothing new I could google that looked bad. Thoughts? If Reed goes out I could pick up Vernon Davis or just stream whoever's out there, but if I could lock up a decent TE for once, that would be nice.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Ninja Bob posted:

0.5 PPR, 12 team league. I got offered a straight TE trade, I get Jordan Reed, I give up Ertz. Seems like a good deal, I'm concerned about Reed staying healthy obviously but there's nothing new I could google that looked bad. Thoughts? If Reed goes out I could pick up Vernon Davis or just stream whoever's out there, but if I could lock up a decent TE for once, that would be nice.

Take that poo poo now, chucklehead!

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Ninja Bob posted:

Umm hit that accept button now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This thread never ceases to amaze me... "Do I trade Ertz to get Reed?" Come on man.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Do you guys like Ben this year? I just got kinda stuck with him as my starter and I'm trying to talk myself into him. Otherwise my team is sick though so :coal:

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I'm an idiot at fantasy football guys, this is why I come to you.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Diqnol posted:

Do you guys like Ben this year? I just got kinda stuck with him as my starter and I'm trying to talk myself into him. Otherwise my team is sick though so :coal:

Ben has some insane home/road splits, so I like him for half of his games

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Rotoworld posted:

Browns coach Hue Jackson confirmed Sunday that DeShone Kizer will start at quarterback in Week 1 against Pittsburgh.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer already reported Kizer starting was a "done deal," so all Jackson had to do was confirm the routine report wasn't fake news. The Plain Dealer has been all over Kizer's ascension from the start. Jackson said Kizer will not have a short leash, and the Browns are committed to giving him a long-term look. Look for Brock Osweiler to be released, and Cody Kessler to operate as the Browns' No. 2 quarterback this season.
Good news for Crowell, Britt, and Coleman. Bad news for Duke Johnson.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

should i drop Pierre Garcon for Chris Hogan?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

DC Murderverse posted:

should i drop Pierre Garcon for Chris Hogan?

No

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ended up grabbing Kupp to replace Meredith. Thank God I have tons of depth in this 14 team league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Just finished my IRL draft. One guy has a FBG subscription and he read us all our rate-my-teams. Mine has an 85% chance of making the playoffs. When I entered mine online (no sub) it said 75% :confused:

• Locked thread