Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Midnightghoul posted:

Good series in HGC Europe today, followed by NA LUL of Tempo Storm letting Roll20 get Garrosh every single game and having Justing demolish them in 3 games

Roll20 was fun to watch. Especially that dragonshire map where they dominated unchecked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Finally got my comp team ready and now we can't get in a game :negative:

On the plus side, I MVPed my first placement match because for some reason the other team didn't ban malth after picking cho'gall.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Sindai posted:

For content, I tried Lucio again after not playing him since the healing nerf and it was fun being pretty much unkillable.

Yeah I played him 2-3 games the other night and I think only died 1 time total on a complete sellout play. He's very durable now and definitely seems like the most reliable way to put out an insanely high healing output.

---

Anyone have Malthael tips or a good starter build? I bought him on a whim for 10k and I've played several pretty terrible QMs on him so far. Melee assassins are my worst role so I'm not surprised but definitely thought I would have an easier time than what I've had so far.

Libertine fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Aug 27, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I have a very important question for you guys...

...which L800 ETC skin variation looks the best?
Terran marine blue?
Spectre black?
Doomguy green?
Horde red? not this one
Angelic gold?
Or maybe even "Shock" orange?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think it's the red one. You spend a lot of time looking at the top of the speaker cabinets and it has the nicest looking speaker top design imo.

The others are mostly similar and I'd probably end up going green because I like green skins.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Spectre Black and Angelic Gold have the most color synergies with the various mounts.

I personally prefer the Angelic Gold because the emissive colors on the backpack and the axe match up with the colors of the ability effects. I would have gone with the Shock variant if his emissives were light blue like the Angelic Gold and all of the other White/Orange/Blue skins (Tychus's Shock Custom Rig, that one Tracer Skin, ect) but since it's all orange it looks kinda lovely imo.

Kith fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 27, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Thank you two for your skin analysis. I shall take your words into consideration before I part ways with those 400 shards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zhlIG3PZIg

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The Alarak and Jimmy sprays. :allears:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
why does Kel'Thuzad surround himself with incredibly buff women

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Because he has the means to do so

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Libertine posted:

Yeah I played him 2-3 games the other night and I think only died 1 time total on a complete sellout play. He's very durable now and definitely seems like the most reliable way to put out an insanely high healing output.

---

Anyone have Malthael tips or a good starter build? I bought him on a whim for 10k and I've played several pretty terrible QMs on him so far. Melee assassins are my worst role so I'm not surprised but definitely thought I would have an easier time than what I've had so far.

Fear the Reaper at 1 always, the passthrough and extra speed is invaluable.

If they have multiple warriors Black Harvest at 4, otherwise Die Alone. The damage you can put out on a squishy with Die Alone proc'd Qs is insane and allows you to butcher almost every other assassin in the game.

Slow at 7 unless you need to hit their healing output.

Always Tormented at 10.

13 based on the enemy comp and whatever will block the most damage.

Improved Q at 16 unless they're really beefy and you took Black Harvest, then Memento Mori.

Always improved E at 20.

Rhadamanthus
Dec 12, 2004

I roll a lotta sushi, roll 'em fat like John Belushi; call me Desi Arnaz, dogg, I love the Lucy.

RevolverDivider posted:

Fear the Reaper at 1 always, the passthrough and extra speed is invaluable.

If they have multiple warriors Black Harvest at 4, otherwise Die Alone. The damage you can put out on a squishy with Die Alone proc'd Qs is insane and allows you to butcher almost every other assassin in the game.

Slow at 7 unless you need to hit their healing output.

Always Tormented at 10.

13 based on the enemy comp and whatever will block the most damage.

Improved Q at 16 unless they're really beefy and you took Black Harvest, then Memento Mori.

Always improved E at 20.

this and hold Q

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bogart posted:

You ask that question as if you wouldn't do the same thing if you had the opportunity.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Thanks for the Malthael tips I'll give that a shot

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Is tranquility on malf just bad? Twilight Dream actually contributes late game, malfs base heal is so good that it seems like tranquility is just an unnecessary pick. Like a crappier version of thousand cups.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Tranquility is cute but the silence and damage of Twilight Dream just can't be beat, especially with how often Malf gets dived. If the enemy team has like... zero dive and no CC, then yeah, I guess Tranquility will work out for you, but you gotta work to draft a team that lovely.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Bogart posted:

Why on earth not, would be a better question

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

Is tranquility on malf just bad? Twilight Dream actually contributes late game, malfs base heal is so good that it seems like tranquility is just an unnecessary pick. Like a crappier version of thousand cups.

I've always done better with Tranquility than Twilight Dream but I think I'm in the minority. A Malf who is in range of the entire enemy team to cast Dream should be focused and killed. Tranquility casting posts you up in the middle of your team's back line.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I hope every hero eventually gets a superhero/Star Princess AU skin. Thrall, Rehgar, Rexxar, and Garrosh can be the TMNT.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

No, Rexxar has to be a star princess. Misha can wear a tutu too.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

HitTheTargets posted:

I hope every hero eventually gets a superhero/Star Princess AU skin. Thrall, Rehgar, Rexxar, and Garrosh can be the TMNT.

Rehga-nardo
Rexxa-tello
Mi-Thrall-angelo
Garr-aphael

Master Splint-uro
O-Lo'gosh Saki
Kraa-bathur
April O'Valeera

Dire Human fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 27, 2017

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Varey Jones

Eraflure posted:

No, Rexxar has to be a star princess. Misha can wear a tutu too.

Based on precedent, I expect a sexy Star Princess Zagara. :wink:

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

I edited the post to make Varian the Shredder, but drat that's a good idea too.

HitTheTargets posted:

Based on precedent, I expect a sexy Star Princess Zagara. :wink:

Zagara's got plenty of skins. Star Princesses Cassia and Ragnaros or bust. Make his lower half into a cool flowing dress and he'll look legit fabulous.

Edit: If we're putting a dress on Ragnaros then make Cassia a Star Prince with a Tuxedo Mask outfit/disguise.

Dire Human fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 27, 2017

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Leo is already a Star Princess, he's even got a princess scepter.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dire Human posted:

Edit: If we're putting a dress on Ragnaros then make Cassia a Star Prince with a Tuxedo Mask outfit/disguise.

And give Fend a rose motif? Sold.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Jaina skin game on point

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

In the same vein as LoL's Jynx being Sailor Has A Gatling Gun, I want Hammer to be Sailor Siege Tank.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Where did people get the fire and ice Li Ming skins? I see them around occasionally but not in the store.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Alpha Mayo posted:

Where did people get the fire and ice Li Ming skins? I see them around occasionally but not in the store.

Li-Ming has a Lunar skin, but I have no idea what you're talking about with "ice". Her wiki page has all of her skins listed, so maybe that will help you.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

I popped the legendary box I got from being twitch prime. Got some stupid steed mount, said gently caress it, I'll reroll. Got probius. I only really play random hero QM, so this is pretty :smith: Can blizz put in a hero filter for random?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I popped the legendary box I got from being twitch prime. Got some stupid steed mount, said gently caress it, I'll reroll. Got probius. I only really play random hero QM, so this is pretty :smith: Can blizz put in a hero filter for random?

Set literally every other hero as a favorite and click the little heart thing so it'll pick from your favorites. Problem solved. Ish.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Shadowlyger posted:

Set literally every other hero as a favorite and click the little heart thing so it'll pick from your favorites. Problem solved. Ish.

You can only have 8 favorites :smith:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
What's wrong with Probius in QM?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Fuzz posted:

What's wrong with Probius in QM?

If the enemy team has any amount of dive, you die.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

I feel like he falls into the nova/zeratul/abathur/vikings category where he's useful but has some significant drawbacks/trade-offs. So I don't really want to use him uncoordinated qm play.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Who is the tankiest tank? I just want to play someoen who just soaks damage, I don't really give a poo poo about much else, I just want to soak and soak and soak.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Knifegrab posted:

Who is the tankiest tank? I just want to play someoen who just soaks damage, I don't really give a poo poo about much else, I just want to soak and soak and soak.
Johanna

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Knifegrab posted:

Diablo once you get maxed out souls. Bonus points for the fact that he can pick up huge Spell Armor or Health Regen. Downside is that you lose your super durability when you die with it maxed out.
Stitches is tanky as hell and currently in the meta because he can make picks happen with his hook (and Gorge).
Johanna is extremely durable if you remember to pop your shield regularly.
Garrosh is infuriatingly hard to finish off even at the best of times.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Depending on the enemy team, Chen can just drink in people's faces.Grounding Brew especially makes you into a drinking damage soaking machine. It is very good fun when they're mostly poke related like Chromie and Li Ming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaod
May 29, 2004
Chen is best if the enemy team has no way to stop you, but Johanna is a better choice in general.