Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

Man, even if Spidey had the proportional limbs of a spider, this octoDECTOPUS would still outmatch him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Not even Peter's Throbbing Spider-Sense is a help.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The moment Spidey declared he wasn't going to get outsmarted by the giant ocdectopus, I knew he was about to get outsmarted by the giant ocdectopus. :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also you'll never guess who's guest starring in today's Phantom.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Always nice to see a scene-stealer find steady work.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The nice thing about newspaper spider-man is you can stop reading it for a solid 5 weeks and come back to this thread and it's still exactly where it left off

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It is like tracking glacier movements

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Remember this whole arc of Spidey in LA started with the road trip. That seems like years ago.

I mean if feels like a lot has happened, but really nothing has.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Spidey you're scaring the moloids!

Tyrannus looks like Adam from that one scene out of He-Man that got spliced into him singing What's Up

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

mind the walrus posted:

GLADIATORS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

Ex-cuse me! Who's the Actual Roman Emperor here? :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Look I'm not asking for much from this strip, just that the main character's elderly Aunt gets to marry the former king of an underground empire and they live happily together in her bedsit in Queens. :colbert:

And also that Pete and MJ's space-son racoon comes back to live with them too. :shobon:

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Proteus Jones posted:

Remember this whole arc of Spidey in LA started with the road trip. That seems like years ago.

I mean if feels like a lot has happened, but really nothing has.

November 22nd, 2016:

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh god i can relate to this. Say no, Pete. Be firm about it because, dammit, the amount of time she'll be pissed at you will last less than half of the time you'd both be miserable for in that trip

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

And it took them until Christmas day to stop showing Ronan inhaling food like Kirby and finally introduce Peter's space son.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ten limbs is a squid, not an octopus. And I think they'd be called arms rather than tentacles, though I can't recall if that's just to distinguish between the two types of squid limbs (eight octopus-like arms and two tentacles with spade-like ends kinda like hands) or if there's a formal distinction.

Then again, we've seen what this comic things an armadillo looks like.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Cephalopods are amazing and weird and amazingly weird, and normal language should not be expected to apply as anything more than an approximation.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

This Demigod
Is no match for this Decapod.

Look it up.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I can guess one former Roman Emperor who didn't spring for the Mayweather/McGregor pay-per-view.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ten tickles.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Can't wait for tomorrow's strip: "Great, I got all ten arms webbed up!" "Sorry, Spider-Man, I was wrong. It's a dodectopus!" SLAMM

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Mole Man is of course in no way surprised to see that Spidey got his rear end kicked.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's so fitting that Moley starts Molesplaining that it's not an octopus before Peter even gets a chance to call it one. What a goon.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
He's long accepted his fate, so he figures he might as well dunk on Spidey to pass the time.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
When is the reveal that Tyrannus isn't behind the dectopus attack? It's another person who is interested in May. One who has experience with tentacles...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I was going to say something about Melvin's fatalism but then I remembered he wants to marry Aunt May so it's perfectly in-character.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Push El Burrito posted:

When is the reveal that Tyrannus isn't behind the dectopus attack? It's another person who is interested in May. One who has experience with tentacles...

Kurt eichenwald???

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Bruceski posted:

Ten limbs is a squid, not an octopus. And I think they'd be called arms rather than tentacles, though I can't recall if that's just to distinguish between the two types of squid limbs (eight octopus-like arms and two tentacles with spade-like ends kinda like hands) or if there's a formal distinction.

Then again, we've seen what this comic things an armadillo looks like.

It's clearly a dectopus, not some lame surface dwelling octopus.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It has natural rings in its limbs sized for holding dumpy old men.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Push El Burrito posted:

Shuma-Gorath?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
He just wants a refund for what he thought was gonna be "the greatest gladiator match of all time."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Me? I'm no Defender™! You must be confusing me with Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, and Jessica Jones!"

[Ed. note - catch all episodes of The Defenders™ on Netflix!]

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I have so many questions about dectapous anatomy right now.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:effort:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

the decapod is kinda cute? it has like a baby elephant's head and big expressive eyes, with little squishy feetsies!

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Those motion lines look more like it's a decapod marionette.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

goatface posted:

It has natural rings in its limbs sized for holding dumpy old men.
That's not a limb...

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

He just wants a refund for what he thought was gonna be "the greatest gladiator match of all time."

yeah no kidding right? He was getting hype for it and everything and then Spidey got owned one panel later.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well he has been living under a rock or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

goatface posted:

He's never going to get back his deposit on that rented suit now.
The tariff on damaged goods at the haberdashery must be preponderous.

• Locked thread