Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Ulio posted:

This is like Dig's best comp. I do agree Twitch/Syndra vs Braum W is stupid but those are Dig members best picks.

Maokai Ssumday, Nunu Shrimp, Keane Taliyah they lost on it, Altec Twitch, Adrian Thresh. Those are like their best picks.

Ssumday can play anything you put him on. He is not the problem. I'd like to see him try Jayce myself. They should be prioritizing Cass mid, another of Keanes best champions, and Cait for Altec. Thresh is fine. Grag should be priority jungle pick. You do not give the enemy team Grag and Trist and not get poo poo in return. Even Skt, LZ, and KT looked like dog poo poo and got stomped when they had the losing draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
That was a perfectly fine draft by dig, all comfort champs & a cohesive comp, that then comprehensively lost because they're worse at the game than TSM, who are very good at the game.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Shrimp played pretty godawful that game, and when you're playing godawful on Nunu, the game's probably going to slide downhill real fast. The only reason you pick Nunu is to gently caress with the enemy jungler to keep him contained and control objectives, and eating poo poo against TSM twice that early means that it was effectively a 4v5 the entire game. Didn't help that DIG kept trying to make low percentage plays to compensate for it.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Jayisspecial posted:

Ssumday can play anything you put him on. He is not the problem. I'd like to see him try Jayce myself. They should be prioritizing Cass mid, another of Keanes best champions, and Cait for Altec. Thresh is fine. Grag should be priority jungle pick. You do not give the enemy team Grag and Trist and not get poo poo in return. Even Skt, LZ, and KT looked like dog poo poo and got stomped when they had the losing draft.

Cait is trash right now lol

And Jayce would fail for the same reason their game 1 team comp failed - Dig isn't playing aggressive at all and will have at most a 1-2k gold lead going into 25 mins and then get outscaled and stomped

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
TSM had to draft recksigh because they drafted full ap by accident whoops

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Best dive NA

And nice dragon steal

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

these plays aren't even being telegraphed, they're being loving mailed five weeks in advance

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Digital Jedi posted:

Best dive NA

worth

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DIG's still breathing. I think TSM's getting a little too cocky right now.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

N... Noni?

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
With the way Keane is playing you can pretty much expect him to hand back any advantage immediately after they get it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

lord ssumday not giving up

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Nice of Adrian to finally show up.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Adrian came up absolutely huge that game, holy poo poo.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
No Merc Treads, no Cleanse for Bjerg, 95% skillshot hit + well layered CC for follow up. GG Dig.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Unfortunately TSM hard sucks and will now lose 2 more games and I'll be killed.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Work Friend Keven posted:

Unfortunately TSM hard sucks and will now lose 2 more games and I'll be killed.

Like with the great rulers of Egypt you will be thrown into the coffin to forever dwell with your champions in eternity.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Blue buff transfer complete

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
commander keane......

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Why contest that blue? Go take the free infernal drake

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Did Dig even use their herlald?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Jayisspecial posted:

Did Dig even use their herlald?

I was just thinking that. It expired after that clusterfuck in the top lane.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

njsykora posted:

I was just thinking that. It expired after that clusterfuck in the top lane.

Haha. I am no Immortals fan but if they can't play better than Dig has done this series just kill every player in the NA LCS.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
the interaction with talia wall and braum shield/yasuo windwall is funny but also stupid, to me

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Vermain posted:

TSM's looking incredibly solid. Really feels like they ironed out their earlier split kinks. Worlds will be the real test, but I think IMT's going to have a lot of trouble during finals.

I hadn't watched saturday's games yet :(

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Very well played around the Baron by TSM this game.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
TSM and IMT are qualified for Worlds.

Gauntlet:
1st seed: C9
2nd seed: Winner of CLG/dig
3rd seed: Loser of CLG/dig
4th seed: Flyquest

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

IMT does have a better squad than Dig. They don't really rely on one lane to carry. Olleh does a lot for that team.

Keane is very average and Pobelter is better than him. I think Pobelter will be able to have more of an impact even if he falls behind vs Bjerg in lane.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Aug 28, 2017

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ulio posted:

IMT does have a better squad than Dig. They don't really rely on one lane to carry. Olleh does a lot for that team.

Keane is very average and Pobelter is better than him. I think Pobelter will be able to have more of an impact even if he falls behind vs Bjerg in lane.

A good point MarkZ made is that Pobelter has never been IMT's big win condition. Their win conditions tend to be focused around Flame crushing top like a bug and Olleh roaming around with Xmithie at opportune moments. Pobelter's role is to simply go even and pressure midlane enough to keep Flame safe and open up the map for Olleh to roam around, and I think he does a great job of that.

Honestly, I think IMT vs. TSM is too hard to predict right now. Pobelter's proven in the past that he can contain Bjergsen, if not necessarily beat him. Lord Flame is easily Hauntzer's equal, if not a little better. Doublelift's still better than Cody Sun, but Olleh has had a vastly stronger mapwide impact compared to Biofrost. Sven's still looked a little shaky, even though he's improved vastly since the post-MSI period, whereas Xmithie's been consistently solid since the transfer to IMT. Both of them have had good macro games, but both of them have also had weird clown fiesta games in recent memory (like IMT vs. CLG game 1, or the TSM vs. CLG game 1 where TSM completely zoned out and leashed Baron for CLG). I think it could easily go to five games if IMT plays the way they've been playing over the second half of the split.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 28, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

*team struggles against TSM*

well folks, as you can see everyone in NA is definitely bad and this has nothing to do with TSM being good

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Being the best in a trash region doesn't mean a whole lot tbh

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

which KT definitely proved

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

RealFoxy posted:

Being the best in a trash region doesn't mean a whole lot tbh

No need to bring G2 into this.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The gap is closing (Between Wildcards and the LCS regions)

I'm legitimately excited about RNG for being the first strong Chinese team since Season 3 that doesn't have a crutch on a bunch of Korean imports, though. Maybe Uzi can pop off again and make it to finals. I've just started watching 2013 World's again and it's amusing how many people were all-in on Royal Club and SKT were treated as the underdogs for some reason. Also how much Samsung Galaxy hosed around in groups expecting to make it out easily then lost the tie breaker to Gambit

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I always enjoy watching RNG play, Uzi in particular. They're a fun team.

Held up due to work commitments so here's my belated Yay Immortals :toot:

Meanwhile in LCK Qualifiers, Afreeca's Kramer has picked Draven for game 1...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm going to shed many tears when Riot phases out OGN (Papa Smithy & Co) at the start of next season because their petty asses need to be in control of Korea. I hope you're all looking forward to Crumbzz and his friend who is speaking as if his jaw is wired shut.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Killing Baron but getting aced right after #JustMVPThings

RealFoxy posted:

I'm going to shed many tears when Riot phases out OGN (Papa Smithy & Co) at the start of next season because their petty asses need to be in control of Korea. I hope you're all looking forward to Crumbzz and his friend who is speaking as if his jaw is wired shut.

:gonk:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

There's always the chance that they'll reconsider but the split in broadcast between OGN and SpoTV is why Monte and DoA had left in the first place (Amongst that, them thinking that Overwatch would be bigger than League for some reason and going all-in after the SpoTV drama). Riot's plan had been to have SpoTV take over full broadcastship initially, then backed down to having it handed to them by 2018 and STILL if you go to any streaming site the OGN piggyback with Korean broacasters still have double the number on average or more than any SpoTV broadcast because people would rather see higher production values from OGN than mediocre production and awful announcers from SpoTV

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Yeah, the SpoTV production values just aren't there.

At least PapaSmithy has Overwatch to fall back on to keep earning an esports living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cheap Trick posted:

Yeah, the SpoTV production values just aren't there.

At least PapaSmithy has Overwatch to fall back on to keep earning an esports living.

Smithy does Starcraft commentary as well. Dude does very well to keep from putting everything on a single game. OGN won't lose League though, putting everything on SpoTV seems like a good way to destroy viewership in one of your biggest regions because no-one likes SpoTV. Like it's no coincidence that SpoTV doesn't get any playoff games and never does finals because I think OGN are still putting up the money for the staging of the finals.

E: Turns out Taric still a good support.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Aug 28, 2017