Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Jusupov posted:

You mean risen blood? Isn't that a single enemy? Does that really count as a pack

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Prophecy Doesn't list another one with bloodlines

Reforged Bonds?

edit: I think Risen Blood counts too actually

Hauki fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

terrified of my bathroom posted:

Those are the vorici prices, the ones I quoted are the avg if you actually use the orbs on the item

Note: Average isn't a good representation of the expected range here, vorici isn't a bad price for 6 linking. he'll be cheaper something like 40% of the time? i'm not sure of the exact numbers. My god six links are way more rare than there valuation would make you think.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Anyway. Unless you need a unique, a 6 link weapon, or a lot of resists on your chest, it's usually going to be way cheaper to buy a white 6 link of a good ilevel and just alt it until you get a good life roll+resist if you are lucky, then regal it and craft a mod onto it.

i've done this for a five link and a six link chest so far this league and both regals gave me dual life/defense on top of the good life and resist i already rolled too which is, knowing my luck, probably the end of it for this league.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 27, 2017

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Pastry Mistakes posted:

I thought it was 350/1500?
I'm almost at the 6 socket price. fusing however just isn't going to happen in this games lifetime for me.

On another note, these latency issues are absolutely infuriating, especially since an accidental death just cost me an entire maps worth of experience. Still curious why GGG went with a penalty that fucks over the player when they die instead of implementing a exp buff (or some other form of buff) that is given the longer you're able to keep your player alive. That's a win-win if I've ever thought of one, that way the die hard POE philosophical purists can still suck their own cocks with the "it's all about skill man" while other non-masochists don't have to rage quit like I'm getting ready to because god loving drat this lag.

You know you can hit max level in diablo3 in about 5 minutes if that's your jam.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Most of my builds work fine with a 5 link chest and don't shoot for making it past yellow maps specifically because i just don't like dealing with that poo poo or devoting that much time to it.

I usually stop once they top out like that, coming back for new content during the league, and to buy some uniques on "firesale" at the end of the league for my standard goofings, where my heart mostly is, even if i don't actually spend that much time there

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
I'm bored of my BV pathfinder and am thinking about fully respecing to ele wander, but it'll me cost around 60-70c. I'm wondering if the time it'll save will be worth it over leveling a new character. Thoughts?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

I'm bored of my BV pathfinder and am thinking about fully respecing to ele wander, but it'll me cost around 60-70c. I'm wondering if the time it'll save will be worth it over leveling a new character. Thoughts?

level a new character

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

how long does it take you to level a new character vs how long it takes you to farm 70c

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
I'm never sure how to buy non uniques more than a handful of chaos. Have 4ex and 100c just sitting around, which should be more than enough to comfortably gear any of my characters, but I just end up staring at Poe trade screens forever and using mostly levelling gear.

Started with FB raider and it was super fun coming around with a billion frenzy charges. Kind of fragile in higher reds and not great single target. Although the shaped t13 temp chains double beyond +monster stats and damage that kept on killing me until I cleared it at snail's pace with hit and run tactics was mostly my fault. Haast is a piece of garbage though.

Currently bringing up a sunder berserker and finding that fun as well and probably way less rippy once geared.

Thanks to whoever mentioned vaaling armorer chests. Already got 6 and 5 links from them.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Pastry Mistakes posted:

I thought it was 350/1500?
I'm almost at the 6 socket price. fusing however just isn't going to happen in this games lifetime for me.

On another note, these latency issues are absolutely infuriating, especially since an accidental death just cost me an entire maps worth of experience. Still curious why GGG went with a penalty that fucks over the player when they die instead of implementing a exp buff (or some other form of buff) that is given the longer you're able to keep your player alive. That's a win-win if I've ever thought of one, that way the die hard POE philosophical purists can still suck their own cocks with the "it's all about skill man" while other non-masochists don't have to rage quit like I'm getting ready to because god loving drat this lag.

Because that's the way Diablo 2 did it and hence it's Objectively Good Design, clearly.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

It also means that there's actually a level cap for players who die at any given frequency above some threshold. I like that! It gives me more of a reason to get mechanically better, rather than death spamming endgame the way I deathspam kitava.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Those are the vorici prices, the ones I quoted are the avg if you actually use the orbs on the item

Ah I see. Unfortunately RNJesus isn't on my side much of the time. Still, I think I'm just going to plink away at fusing whenever I get one isntead of saving up. But I'm def going to vorici the drat 6 sockets inthe meantime.

Mr. Despair posted:

You know you can hit max level in diablo3 in about 5 minutes if that's your jam.

Eat the entirety of my rear end.

Azran posted:

Because that's the way Diablo 2 did it and hence it's Objectively Good Design, clearly.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

pork never goes bad posted:

It also means that there's actually a level cap for players who die at any given frequency above some threshold. I like that! It gives me more of a reason to get mechanically better, rather than death spamming endgame the way I deathspam kitava.

You're already limited in any given map by the amount of portals the map device gives you. With the nature of endgame bosses being do their mechanics or you get 1 shot (more or less) I don't see how someone death spamming their way up to level 99 is going to let them kill shaper all of a sudden. Not to mention that would take loving forever, anyway, so I doubt anyone would actually do it

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

imagine playing what i assume is a lot of path of exile and then being shocked that theres a punishing game mechanic.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

imagine playing what i assume is a lot of path of exile and then being shocked that theres a punishing game mechanic.

The game's got lag issues, my dude

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

imagine peels of laughter from anyone whose played hc(not me) or anyone who played it for years and years and years with desync

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

awesmoe posted:

just get the poe trade macro and hit ctrl-d when you get a unique. then you'll instantly be able to confirm that, yup, it's worth half an orb of fuckall

I find myself using ctrl + c a lot, because even those lovely leveling unique can be worth a bit if you get good rolls. Course they never are but they could be.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Ghost Dog posted:

imagine peels of laughter from anyone whose played hc(not me) or anyone who played it for years and years and years with desync

You're right, things used to be bad so things should never be improved.

Maybe dying should reset your XP gained for that particular map, though I imagine that'd be super hard both to track on the backend and to show intuitively in the UI.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

e:nvm

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

I did a thing.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

congrats on your thing.

the only time ive done that thing was in standard when i was waiting for a league to start :(

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Does anyone have suggestions for gear I can work for on my Skeleton Mages necro? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/benh1987/characters

Other than a 6L sword I'm at a loss for what to work towards.

Currently running 7 auras + Leer Cast and Dying Breath on my Animate Guardian + the regen aura on Shaper's Seed

Not actually sure what my DPS is because it doesn't seem like PoB calculates skele mage DPS correctly - it's saying 5k per skeleton but I do waaaaaaaaaay more than 50k DPS.

Survivability is fine other than I want more Life + ES, that's mostly going to come on the tree/scion life wheel and I can squeeze a little more out of the rares which is my goal if there's nothing bigger to work toward.

I'm running one From Dust and 4 To Dusts and can't fit more jewels into my build

Is there some kind of expensive end-game option I'm missing here?

Edit: Pretty sure I answered my own question here, PoB shows my mage DPS going from 5k each to 26k each with 6l sword + Empower + level 20 gems, but I'm a little wary of how accurate it is since there's no way it's right about my current dps

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 28, 2017

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

deep dish peat moss posted:

Does anyone have suggestions for gear I can work for on my Skeleton Mages necro? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/benh1987/characters

Other than a 6L sword I'm at a loss for what to work towards.

Currently running 7 auras + Leer Cast and Dying Breath on my Animate Guardian + the regen aura on Shaper's Seed

Not actually sure what my DPS is because it doesn't seem like PoB calculates skele mage DPS correctly - it's saying 5k per skeleton but I do waaaaaaaaaay more than 50k DPS.

Survivability is fine other than I want more Life + ES, that's mostly going to come on the tree/scion life wheel and I can squeeze a little more out of the rares which is my goal if there's nothing bigger to work toward.

I'm running one From Dust and 4 To Dusts and can't fit more jewels into my build

Is there some kind of expensive end-game option I'm missing here?

Edit: Pretty sure I answered my own question here, PoB shows my mage DPS going from 5k each to 26k each with 6l sword + Empower + level 20 gems, but I'm a little wary of how accurate it is since there's no way it's right about my current dps

You can craft some minion damage onto gloves, another %15 never hurt anyone. Comedy option of getting another aura on your Animate Guardian by going with Victario's Flight for another 10% movement speed for you and your menagerie. While waiting on that 6th link in your sword I'd toss Desecrate into it and put a Blind gem into the boots so that your golem can debuff things a little bit, too.

I've been running skele mages this league too, and while I'm pretty sure I went about it in the dumbest way possible (CI :getin:) I'm still enjoying it. So many tiny dots being vomited at everything :allears:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

skeleton mages are really pretty in action, yeah

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
Anyone have a line on a solid dark pact marauder build that includes a leveling path with recommended gear. Most people say just go sunder and switch like 58 or 68 but I've never played marauder before and I don't have a strong enough grasp on how to play and respec efficiently to figure it out on my own.

Alternatively, a solid sunder build would also be fine.

I've also noticed not a lot of folks roll templar for much of anything which kinda sucks cause the ascendencies are cool.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

just go for the whole axe wheel on the left hand side and get the 2h damage nodes on the way and use the 2h unique leveling axes. then go about the rest of your build and coast on that damage/bleed

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is there a vendor recipe for quicksilver flasks?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Anyone have a line on a solid dark pact marauder build that includes a leveling path with recommended gear. Most people say just go sunder and switch like 58 or 68 but I've never played marauder before and I don't have a strong enough grasp on how to play and respec efficiently to figure it out on my own.

I've also noticed not a lot of folks roll templar for much of anything which kinda sucks cause the ascendencies are cool.

templar is good for critical spell builds like freezing pulse. witch or scion is safer since you get reflect mitigation, but templar can really stack the damage and utility through inquisitor's resistance nullification opening up your curse options, and you just have to avoid elemental reflect maps - the occasional rare won't instantly blow you up, but a reflect modded pack will. i'd never play it on hardcore but it is fun.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

theSpokeyDokey posted:

I had zero problems with this build.

Sunder is very powerful, if you are going for DP use the 2h axes but don't grab any 2H damage nodes you aren't willing to respec out of. Instead head straight for Vaal Pact and grab any easy life along the way - Heart and Soul, Cruel Preparation, Written in Blood. Maybe grab Amplify too, it's a good boost for both DP and Sunder.

That's basically it, Sunder is ranged, I ran multistrike and just held it down most fights. Warlord's Mark until you can survive without it, it will make up for most leech issues once you go to Vaal Pact. Level a Dark Pact gem whenever you have a blue slot free so it's ready. Once you get Cloaked in Savagery (merc lab), you can swap to DP. Before then savage hits will pretty much wreck you. Before DP just stack whatever area effect and life drain you can get.

As mentioned above, if you want to just go Sunder it's not a hard build at all, I can't imagine how much stronger it would have been with a build that supported it. There are so many good axes for leveling.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Can someone please recommend some unique armor that will help with my Fire/Totem chieftain? Some gear that buffs totems?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Shakenbaker posted:

You can craft some minion damage onto gloves, another %15 never hurt anyone. Comedy option of getting another aura on your Animate Guardian by going with Victario's Flight for another 10% movement speed for you and your menagerie. While waiting on that 6th link in your sword I'd toss Desecrate into it and put a Blind gem into the boots so that your golem can debuff things a little bit, too.

I've been running skele mages this league too, and while I'm pretty sure I went about it in the dumbest way possible (CI :getin:) I'm still enjoying it. So many tiny dots being vomited at everything :allears:

Thanks! Good call on moving Desecrate and using Blind, I'm still like 250 chaos away from a 6l sword so this will serve me well for now. And I'll get some minion damage crafted.

Victario's Flight sounds hilarious and I badly need movespeed but I'm worried about his survivability without Atziri's Step. Then again maybe Southbound + Ambu's alone are enough (for big fat +life and endurance charges). I'll have to try it.

I agree that skele mages is sweet. This is the first summoner/pet build I've played in any ARPG (and I've played every ARPG) that feels right since Diablo 2 Skelemancer and my clear speed with From Dust is absurd. It's literally the fastest clearing character I've ever played, but I've never played Vaal Spark.

Quick question about Skeletons though, PoB shows rank 19->20 on Skele Mages literally tripling their DPS on its own (and then very small returns above 20, making Empower bad). Does anyone know if that's true or just an error in the way PoB calculates things? I can't find info about what exact effect levels have on Summon Skeletons though

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 28, 2017

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Jazerus posted:

templar is good for critical spell builds like freezing pulse. witch or scion is safer since you get reflect mitigation, but templar can really stack the damage and utility through inquisitor's resistance nullification opening up your curse options, and you just have to avoid elemental reflect maps - the occasional rare won't instantly blow you up, but a reflect modded pack will. i'd never play it on hardcore but it is fun.

to extend on this, inquisitor is basically a harder hitting, crit focused version of raider. ele conversion bf inquistor is very very strong right now. guardian is a more defensive, ES focused support compared to necro's offensive support. it had some popularity last season as a lowlife RF ascendancy, since you could stack absurd amounts of ES. hierophant is a really bizarre totem focused ascendancy that you go if you want to do some sort of hipster spellcasting totem build. people don't really play guardian or hiero because they're very niche

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dennis McClaren posted:

Can someone please recommend some unique armor that will help with my Fire/Totem chieftain? Some gear that buffs totems?

what skills do you use?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Dennis McClaren posted:

Infernal Mantle if you're Flame Totem, Soul Mantle if you're linking something to Spell Totem.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
If someone could please invite me to the guild, that would be really great. Character name is GizmoDuck. Been trying for a few days. Sent PMs and been on IRC, but no luck.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

what skills do you use?

Flame totem and Searing Beam totem? Something like that. It's another fire totem. I drop 3 of those, and use flame dash a bunch with Infernal blow.

Eminai posted:

Infernal Mantle if you're Flame Totem, Soul Mantle if you're linking something to Spell Totem.

Oh poo poo wow that mantle is going to be wicked good for me when I hit 65, thanks! I hit 45 today.

Dennis McClaren fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 28, 2017

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

to extend on this, inquisitor is basically a harder hitting, crit focused version of raider. ele conversion bf inquistor is very very strong right now. guardian is a more defensive, ES focused support compared to necro's offensive support. it had some popularity last season as a lowlife RF ascendancy, since you could stack absurd amounts of ES. hierophant is a really bizarre totem focused ascendancy that you go if you want to do some sort of hipster spellcasting totem build. people don't really play guardian or hiero because they're very niche

being able to deploy four totems is extremely strong, hiero goes underused because a lot of people prefer selfcasting but for projectile or area spells four totems will beat selfcasting most of the time

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

deep dish peat moss posted:

Thanks! Good call on moving Desecrate and using Blind, I'm still like 250 chaos away from a 6l sword so this will serve me well for now. And I'll get some minion damage crafted.

Victario's Flight sounds hilarious and I badly need movespeed but I'm worried about his survivability without Atziri's Step. Then again maybe Southbound + Ambu's alone are enough (for big fat +life and endurance charges). I'll have to try it.

I agree that skele mages is sweet. This is the first summoner/pet build I've played in any ARPG (and I've played every ARPG) that feels right since Diablo 2 Skelemancer and my clear speed with From Dust is absurd. It's literally the fastest clearing character I've ever played, but I've never played Vaal Spark.

Quick question about Skeletons though, PoB shows rank 19->20 on Skele Mages literally tripling their DPS on its own (and then very small returns above 20, making Empower bad). Does anyone know if that's true or just an error in the way PoB calculates things? I can't find info about what exact effect levels have on Summon Skeletons though

One trick for keeping the Animate Guardian up is to keep an eye out for Southbound with any of the Light enchantments on it. That puts Consecrated Ground up every time it takes a critical hit, and that chunk of regen really helps keep them on their feet. Mine's been rolling strong this league with the stupid useless boots, and I'm running Minion Instability, even. I've got a bit more minion HP than your build has though, so that's probably part of it.

As for the actual damage the skeles do I really have no idea how accurate anything is. I would love for it to be a bit less obtuse to sort out though.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Jazerus posted:

being able to deploy four totems is extremely strong, hiero goes underused because a lot of people prefer selfcasting but for projectile or area spells four totems will beat selfcasting most of the time

i guess the best thing that i can say about hiero is that its strong in its niche. its just that its niche is crit spell casting totems or some kind of weird mom build

honestly it's better for the game design to have ascendencies like that tho. as long as it can clear all content, not everything needs to have beserker/pathfinder viability

terrified of my bathroom fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I enjoyed my non-crit non-MoM Pizzasticks Hiero and how every encounter sounded like the 1812 Overture :shrug: