Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

All those rate-my-team websites are nonsense. Don't put any faith into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

They're a wonderful source of entertainment.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They're a wonderful source of entertainment.

Last season fantasypros listed my teams chance of winning at 105%.

Do you think I won?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

They're about as good as Yahoo's draft recap.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Posting for a new page because I anxiously require validation :ohdear:

on the bored wop posted:

Okay, how's this? 12-team league, 4th pick, 1 PPR

QB: Tom Brady (5)
RB: Christian McCaffrey (3), Frank Gore (6), Kareem Hunt (7), Duke Johnson (9), Thomas Rawls (13), Rex Burkhead (15)
WR: Antonio Brown (1), Doug Baldwin (2), Larry Fitzgerald (4), Kenny Britt (8), Corey Davis (12), Cooper Kupp (16)
TE: Eric Ebron (10)
IDP: Zach Brown (11)
D/ST: LA Rams (14)
K: TBD

I'm feeling a little anxious about Ebron; never been a big fan of his but TEs kept getting picked right before I was ready to take them (Graham, Eifert, Bennett). I almost grabbed Hooper or Brate in the 16th and I'm still thinking about grabbing one off FA but I have to consider who to drop for a kicker as well. Kupp first on the chopping block? Is anyone else really expendable?

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

RCarr posted:

Yeah, it gave all but one team at least 70% chance of playoffs. I just thought it was funny. Although maybe I missed a scoring setting.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Does the premium one do anything different?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

on the bored wop posted:

Posting for a new page because I anxiously require validation :ohdear:

I think you're pinning a lot on CMC and Old Man Gore. Could work out, but it's a risk going with a rookie and an old man as your 1/2.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

I think you're pinning a lot on CMC and Old Man Gore. Could work out, but it's a risk going with a rookie and an old man as your 1/2.

Hunt is now effectively his 1 with Ware looking like he's out for the season.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

VietCampo posted:

Hunt is now effectively his 1 with Ware looking like he's out for the season.

That's what everyone is thinking, and what the coach is saying, but that's another rookie who may or may not pan out as a bellcow. I could see charmander and spiller getting a lot of work in this situation.

I expect Hunt will move up to like a fourth round pick but I would rather see a veteran locked-in bellcow as an RB1.

That's the only real weakness I see on this team though, and the WR strength might carry it regardless.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Yeah, some of the guys I'd been targeting as 3rd rounders went shortly before I was up and CMC ended up being a panic pick. Gore ended last year as the #12 RB in our league, making him a low-end RB1, so I figure if I can get respectable production from him this year and lean more on my WRs then things might work out.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

He seems to be immortal but some day he will stop being immortal. I love frank gore to bits but at age 34+ you really have to have some insurance. Slotting him in as your RB2 is fine if you've got a solid RB3, and if CMC and Hunt both work out then you certainly do. Good luck!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Thank you!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
My team's draft was today. I think I'm mostly happy with my team.

Snake draft, I was 10th in line. The first pick in the draft was Le'Veon Bell and the second was David Johnson, in fact the first four picks were RBs, and half of us grabbed one as soon as we could. I went RB first round for Devonta Freeman, and when my pick came up in round 2 and Gronk was still there I had to take a chance on him.

I feel like I'm weakest at WR, since I didn't take one until round 4, but there's usually a pretty decent amount of WRs available, unlike TEs and RBs, so I should be okay I hope.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
half your bench is already p useless though and belong on the waiver wire.

Are there better options?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Snake draft, I was 10th in line. The first pick in the draft was Le'Veon Bell and the second was David Johnson, in fact the first four picks were RBs, and half of us grabbed one as soon as we could. I went RB first round for Devonta Freeman, and when my pick came up in round 2 and Gronk was still there I had to take a chance on him.

I feel like I'm weakest at WR, since I didn't take one until round 4, but there's usually a pretty decent amount of WRs available, unlike TEs and RBs, so I should be okay I hope.

Lmao why did you waste a spot on Kap?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Why do you have 2 QB's, never mind 3. The whole point of taking a WB early is not having to waste another pick on a backup QB.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

VietCampo posted:

half your bench is already p useless though and belong on the waiver wire.

Are there better options?

Not really, it's a 12 team league so by the time I got my mains the pickings were extremely slim. I'm third in priority on the waiver wire though so I should be able to snag anyone who starts looking good by week 3 or so.

pubic works project posted:

Lmao why did you waste a spot on Kap?

Just a thing our league does, the last pick in the last round is usually either a gamble on a rookie or just an auto-draft for most people, so we just draft silly things a lot of the time. :v: Last year a guy drafted Tebow in the final round, and someone drafted McCown for their last round pick this year. So I took Kaep. He can rest easy knowing that at least one team wanted him!

I mean I'm obviously not going to keep him, he'll be dropped as soon as I put in a waiver request for someone.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Had my 10 man 0.5 PPR work draft. 3 dudes (the bosses) didn't show up, so ClickyDraft auto drafted them. I was #10 pick and got sniped on Freeman, Hunt, and a few other picks. Also, booze.

QB: Marcus Mariota
RB: DeMarco Murray
RB: Isaiah Crowell
WR: AJ Green
WR: Alshon Jeffrey
FLEX: Mark Ingram
TE: Greg Olsen
K: Sturgis
DEF: Philly

Bench:
Jarvis Landry
Derrick Henry
Doug Martin
Kenny Britt
Martellus Bennett
Jamaal Charles

How did I do?

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
12 team, 0.5PPR, 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1W/R/T flex league. Two keepers per team. What do you think?

QB: Kirk Cousins (10)
RB: David Johnson (8K), Leonard Fournette (2), Lamar Miller (3), CJ Anderson (4), Rex Burkhead (13)
WR: Antonio Brown (1), Larry Fitzgerald (5), Pierre Garcon (6), Eric Decker (9), Corey Davis (11), John Brown (12)
TE: Jordan Reed (7K)
DEF: Who cares, Pitt I think
K: who cares

My brother drafted for me with a spreadsheet I made him because I'm an idiot and scheduled a Boston trip over my draft. He texted me in the fifth round and asked me "what position does David Johnson, your keeper in the 8th play" so that explains why I'm drafting bench RBs before starting wide receivers. To be honest, I kind of like the RB security. I really hate the RB wasteland after round 5/6. Also him drafting explains why I have the entirety of the Cardinals offense.

ZIGfried fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 28, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'd drop yeldon, sims, kaep, and amendola. I'm in 3 12 man snake draft leagues no one has a bench this weak.

Who are the top people on the waiver wire?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Twelve by Pies posted:

That bench would be awful in a 16 team league

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
The Beersheets page appears to be dead again. :(

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
There's literally zero reason to draft Yeldon in 12-team leagues

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Alfalfa posted:

I'd drop yeldon, sims, kaep, and amendola. I'm in 3 12 man snake draft leagues no one has a bench this weak.

Who are the top people on the waiver wire?

Well yeah, I'm not keeping Kaep obviously.

I'm still fairly new at fantasy and I know the big names but I have trouble keeping track of anyone past the studs. So, okay, my bench is awful. But I'm not sure who to grab to replace them. For reference, here's the top five ranked players on the waiver (that aren't injured) in my league:

RB

Ryan Mathews
Jerick McKinnon
Tim Hightower
Rashad Jennings
Matt Asiata

WR

Kenny Stills
Steve Smith Sr.
Anquan Boldin
JJ Nelson
Dontrelle Inman

Who should I grab?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Twelve by Pies posted:

Well yeah, I'm not keeping Kaep obviously.

I'm still fairly new at fantasy and I know the big names but I have trouble keeping track of anyone past the studs. So, okay, my bench is awful. But I'm not sure who to grab to replace them. For reference, here's the top five ranked players on the waiver (that aren't injured) in my league:

RB

Ryan Mathews
Jerick McKinnon
Tim Hightower
Rashad Jennings
Matt Asiata

WR

Kenny Stills
Steve Smith Sr.
Anquan Boldin
JJ Nelson
Dontrelle Inman

Who should I grab?

Boldin and Smith are out of the league

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Edit: nvm

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Trade Jameis Winston to whoever in your league has the worst starting QB, in exchange for a decent WR. Feel free to package in your TE2, yeldon, kaep (lol), or and/or amendola if that helps win someone.

Keith Atherton posted:

Boldin and Smith are out of the league

Ryan Mathews and rashad jennings are also free agents and should not be rostered. Inman had surgery recently and I'm not sure he's been back on the field yet.

I'd say Kenny Stills is worth a flier, J.J. Nelson is at least seeing field time but not a guy I'd really want to own, and boldin and smith sr. are retired.

McKinnon is third on the Vikings depth chart, so absent injuries he's not startable but could be worth stashing I guesssss. Hightower in theory could see field time but has looked poor in the preseason and is solidly behind both hyde, and rookie joe williams. So like McKinnon he could be worth stashing but is unlikely to be startable barring injuries.

Asiata is fifth on the Lions' RB roster and might not make the final cuts, he should not be owned.

I really hope there's more guys worth owning on your waivers. I think there pretty much has to be, given it's just a 12 team league. Twelve by Pies, can you list like the next 10 or 15 WRs and RBs?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I haven't played FF in a few years, can someone give me some draft strategy tips for these settings?

QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

ended up with this team:

yahoo says I had the best draft. :toot:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 28, 2017

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

is forte worth picking up in a 12 person league with short benches?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Probably didn't need to grab Stafford if you already got Brady. OJ Howard was also a waste of a pick probably and can be dropped for WR/RB depth.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Sure I can do that. I'm using ESPN.com by the way, whatever their default listing is for free agents is based on, I have no idea. Anyway, the next 15 players, just to be safe, that are free in my league:

RB

Jalen Richard
Robert Turbin
DeAngelo Williams
Shaun Draughn (Q)
Zach Zenner (Q)
Chris Ivory
Damien Williams
DeAndre Washington
Matt Jones
Charcandrick West
Jeremy Langford
Travaris Cadet
Alfred Blue (Q)
Fozzy Whitaker
Jamize Olawale

WR

Taylor Gabriel
Tavon Austin (Q)
Travis Benjamin
Tyler Lockett (Q)
Jeremy Kerley
Terrance Williams
Adam Humphries (Q)
Eli Rogers
Brian Quick
Seth Robers (Q)
Robby Anderson
Tyler Boyd
Breshad Perriman (Q)
Cordarrelle Patterson
Phillip Dorsett

I didn't list the guys who are going to be missing the entire season, like Edelman, but two guys that are free in my league that may only miss part of the season are Devontae Booker and Michael Floyd.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Sure I can do that. I'm using ESPN.com by the way, whatever their default listing is for free agents is based on, I have no idea. Anyway, the next 15 players, just to be safe, that are free in my league:

RB

Jalen Richard
Robert Turbin
DeAngelo Williams
Shaun Draughn (Q)
Zach Zenner (Q)
Chris Ivory
Damien Williams
DeAndre Washington
Matt Jones
Charcandrick West
Jeremy Langford
Travaris Cadet
Alfred Blue (Q)
Fozzy Whitaker
Jamize Olawale

WR

Taylor Gabriel
Tavon Austin (Q)
Travis Benjamin
Tyler Lockett (Q)
Jeremy Kerley
Terrance Williams
Adam Humphries (Q)
Eli Rogers
Brian Quick
Seth Robers (Q)
Robby Anderson
Tyler Boyd
Breshad Perriman (Q)
Cordarrelle Patterson
Phillip Dorsett

I didn't list the guys who are going to be missing the entire season, like Edelman, but two guys that are free in my league that may only miss part of the season are Devontae Booker and Michael Floyd.

Robby Anderson and Jalen Richard are good pickups.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
I mock-drafted so many damned times I now have no idea how to evaluate what I did tonight in my first real draft (12-team, .5 ppr, standard rosters, current starters in bold where not obvious):

QB: Prescott
RB: McCoy, 'Zeke, Kelley, James White, Rawls, Kamara
WR: Cooper, Kelvin Benjamin, Diggs, Corey Coleman, Kevin White
TE: Reed
D/ST: PHI

I'm okay with it?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I did two drafts today and came out with Jimmy Graham in one and Gronk in the other.

I... I... I don't know who I am any more :cry:

(Gronk was in the middle of the FOURTH ROUND and Graham was $11 of a $300 auction budget)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

I mock-drafted so many damned times I now have no idea how to evaluate what I did tonight in my first real draft (12-team, .5 ppr, standard rosters, current starters in bold where not obvious):

QB: Prescott
RB: McCoy, 'Zeke, Kelley, James White, Rawls, Kamara
WR: Cooper, Kelvin Benjamin, Diggs, Corey Coleman, Kevin White
TE: Reed
D/ST: PHI

I'm okay with it?

I like that team. Kelley will hold you over until Zeke is back and Rawls may end up the starter.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Spoeank posted:

I did two drafts today and came out with Jimmy Graham in one and Gronk in the other.

I... I... I don't know who I am any more :cry:

(Gronk was in the middle of the FOURTH ROUND and Graham was $11 of a $300 auction budget)

drat, Gronk in the 4th round is value. Don't feel bad for taking him there

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Do I risk that MFL.com will update Meredith to Out or IR so that I can IR him in my dynasty league before FA Bids are due Tuesday morning? Or do I just drop him?

Keeping him for next year would be the goal, but apparently it might be worse than expected and keep him out for some of 2018 too.

I'd be trying to replace him with Zay Jones, Robby Anderson or Chris Hogan I think in that order. Although Kevin White is available too

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

pubic works project posted:

I like that team. Kelley will hold you over until Zeke is back and Rawls may end up the starter.

My thoughts, too. But I'm worried about WR as I may have inflated expectations of Benjamin and Diggs. I also rarely mock-drafted a TE early, especially Reed. I hope he doesn't die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

My thoughts, too. But I'm worried about WR as I may have inflated expectations of Benjamin and Diggs. I also rarely mock-drafted a TE early, especially Reed. I hope he doesn't die.

• Locked thread