Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Is Naido the "real" Diane? They look different but the no eyes / 25 year difference / Diane's blonde wig could make up the difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Section 9 posted:

Did Booper know 25 years ago that he would need someone with his blood to test out a possible trap and thus Richard, or was it all just fortuitous timing?
Fuuuuck, I didn’t even consider that. That’s some crazy foresight.

Wait, so if Booper raped Diane and she became a tulpa working for him, if he also raped Audrey while she was unconscious which created Richard, did Audrey then become a tulpa who went insane and was committed to a mental institution? Or is she the same Audrey but that still happened to her minus the tulpa part?

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
The shootout on Dougie's street was amazing. Zawaski Accounting is a rough business.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My review of this episode: :aaaaa: :tviv: :aaaaa:

What a loving fantastic payoff after all these weeks. And we get Cooper for real for the finale. I am so goddamn pumped. This is the greatest show.

Aergo
Feb 1, 2009

Polo-Rican posted:

Is Naido the "real" Diane? They look different but the no eyes / 25 year difference / Diane's blonde wig could make up the difference

That's how I read her saying that she's in the sheriff's station.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Polo-Rican posted:

The only thing I could see is that Naido wears a similar top to Diane tulpa (the red one) when she's in the pink place. But who knows at this point if there's any actual connection :shrug:

EDIT: ^ poo poo THAT'S RIGHT

TheMaestroso fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 28, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

zeal posted:

it took exactly as long as it needed to

Nah, it took about 6 episodes too long. You could watch the first 4 and possibly last 4 and be fine.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Oh, she said she was in the sheriff's station? I somehow didn't hear that line at all!

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Oh my god Naido is basically exactly what it sounds like when you say Diane backwards

edit: Well, of course, except for the "o"; o-di-an. Maybe they just added the O so it wouldn't be so obvious?

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 28, 2017

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Section 9 posted:

I'm not sure which is better, but I'm really expecting that Cooper asking Mike to make another gold bead from him is so he can either recreate Dougie for Janey-E and Sonny Jim so they can have a life with their Dougie, or because he loves having them as a family so much that he will create a fake Cooper to take his place and he will run off to live a quiet family life in Las Vegas.

It's pretty obvious he's creating another Dougie to live in Vegas. It was made even more obvious when he said "Dougie I mean ME ;) will be walking through that red door soon".

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

n4 posted:

The shootout on Dougie's street was amazing. Zawaski Accounting is a rough business.

I was expecting it to turn into some sort of Tarantino-esque three way gunfight in which everyone ends up dead. I'm glad Wilson and the Mitchums made it out.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Wait, so if Booper raped Diane and she became a tulpa working for him, if he also raped Audrey while she was unconscious which created Richard, did Audrey then become a tulpa who went insane and was committed to a mental institution? Or is she the same Audrey but that still happened to her minus the tulpa part?

Booper brought Diane to the convenience store, so I think he brought the real Diane there and took her doppelganger out. The real Diane is trapped in the Lodge, maybe (or dead?) If Audrey was still in a coma, I don't know that he would have taken her to the Lodge.

But if Diane was a tulpa/doppel, is Janey-e actually the real Diane's sister, or is she also manufactured, or was the sister thing all just a lie to guide Albert and Gordon to Las Vegas and Dougie?

wa27 posted:

It's pretty obvious he's creating another Dougie to live in Vegas. It was made even more obvious when he said "Dougie I mean ME ;) will be walking through that red door soon".

Yeah, but maybe he'll decide he loves them so much and always wanted a family of his own and :3:

Section 9 fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 28, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nah, it took about 6 episodes too long. You could watch the first 4 and possibly last 4 and be fine.

Wrong bitch

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Polo-Rican posted:

Oh my god Naido is basically exactly what it sounds like when you say Diane backwards

:eyepop:

It's all coming together! Next week needs to be now damnit!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Another question: so if Sarah Palmer is indeed the mother, could she have implanted Bob in Leland via intercourse and hosed with Leland’s memory making him think that Bob came from somewhere else for the sole purpose of using him (as Bob) to eventually torture and kill Laura (AKA the savior from the White Lodge)?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Source your quotes

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Another question: so if Sarah Palmer is indeed the mother, could she have implanted Bob in Leland via intercourse and hosed with Leland’s memory making him think that Bob came from somewhere else for the sole purpose of using him (as Bob) to eventually torture and kill Laura (AKA the savior from the White Lodge)?

This is what I've believed to be the case so far yeah

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
I think I'm just gonna go into a coma for a week (grabs fork)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Hope there's no leaks of the finales so I don't have to avoid stuff

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
That was quite an episode. "I AM the FBI!" :toot:

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Of all the crazy poo poo this episode, the ending and Audrey's Dance played in reverse creeped me out the most.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

All of these pay offs feel empty and rushed. Solice Kirsk has a point. When everything builds up as one red herring after another it makes all the interim shenanigans feels pretty empty and useless.

I still enjoyed the interim episodes but it all feels disjointed. Also the Coop return feels kinda unearned. Maybe this episode will grow on me with next week's finale.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Ya'll are crazy if you aren't digging this immensely. All of the Dougie stuff just paid off massively in a way I did not expect it to.

Also I absolutely loved Dopple-Diane's 90s adventure game death.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Uhhhhhh Audrey has to be in a coma or otherwise dreaming after this, right? The Roadhouse is some sort of construct

James, one punch man, and Richard have all been there so I’m not sure about that. But when they go there we don’t really see the band play, so, who knows!

Yue
Jun 3, 2012

CUT, CUT, CUT! I said MORE prancing, damnit!
Is there a part of the country where "gas station" and "convenience store" aren't synonymous? Is that a west coast thing?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Of all the crazy poo poo this episode, the ending and Audrey's Dance played in reverse creeped me out the most.

I went from laughing to "the gently caress?" in record time.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Also yeah this episode owned bones 100%!

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Consummate Professional posted:

James, one punch man, and Richard have all been there so I’m not sure about that. But when they go there we don’t really see the band play, so, who knows!

The episode with James and Frankie was the one where there wasn't an actual band, it was just ZZ Top in the playlist.

Richard is Audrey's son, so him being in her imaginary Roadhouse world getting up to no good makes some sense.

(Edit) The big question is, was the sweeping scene real, or Audrey's dream?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Next week we might get to see One Punch Man arm wrestle Booper into non-exist-ence

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
that was insanely good. oh my gosh. still processing how good that was.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Next week we might get to see One Punch Man arm wrestle Booper into non-exist-ence

He's gonna punch the BOB right outta him.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What with all the confirmed rapes, sacrificing his son, killing a bunch of people, and squishing that one guy's face I'm beginning to get the feeling that this Booper guy is bad news.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

What with all the confirmed rapes, sacrificing his son, killing a bunch of people, and squishing that one guy's face I'm beginning to get the feeling that this Booper guy is bad news.

It's ok, his foil Gooper has fully powered up

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Solice Kirsk posted:

I went from laughing to "the gently caress?" in record time.

I'm hoping the next two episodes confirm why Audrey is so important to the plot, which Lynch mentioned before the season.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Section 9 posted:

The episode with James and Frankie was the one where there wasn't an actual band, it was just ZZ Top in the playlist.

Richard is Audrey's son, so him being in her imaginary Roadhouse world getting up to no good makes some sense.

(Edit) The big question is, was the sweeping scene real, or Audrey's dream?

Good points.

And I will argue for life eternal that the sweeping was in Audrey’s mind. It makes sense after her finding one eyed jacks.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

I just imagine Lynch yelling in his Cole voice to Mark Frost while writing episode 16, "RAPE... RAPE CONFIRMATIONS EVERYWHERE"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Solice Kirsk posted:

He sees fear in people and smiles

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Solice Kirsk posted:

They really should have named him something less silly

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
James, Freddie, Shelly, and Renee were all in the Roadhouse when the Chromatics played for the first time.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Polo-Rican posted:

edit: Well, of course, except for the "o"; o-di-an. Maybe they just added the O so it wouldn't be so obvious?
Naido... Doian... Oh my gwod, Doian's comin' ovah! I'm so verklempt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
On the thought of Naido sounding like Diane backwards, I did a test, and it comes out more as "Naiad". So I don't think Naido is necessarily Diane's real spirit or anything. Diane is actually a water nymph. This is lampshaded by the musical act from last week playing a song entitled Axolotl, as they are a sort of a creature that could be described in an abstract way as a water nymph.

(Edit) Though, seriously, I could see that being the case. Booper brought Diane to the lodge, left with her doppel and left the real Diane in weirdsville, possibly doing something to her so she couldn't speak or see. She helps Coop along when he's in the mauve realm, but is never able to communicate who she really is. It also sort of fits with seeing Diane's apartment and such that she likes asian styles. Maybe her spirit takes on the appearance of an asian woman in the other realm because that's her inner vision of herself or something? The last bit seems a bit stupid to me, but there could be some tells there.

Section 9 fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 28, 2017