Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

lmao he must have a daily tweet quota

No one gives a poo poo Donny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

half life, hl: blue shift, and hl: opposing force are on sale for 13 bucks so i just grabbed them all

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Opposing force was my favourite of the bunch. Had a blast when i got that pack for Christmas one year. Came with counter strike, team fortress and something else.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FizFashizzle posted:

half life, hl: blue shift, and hl: opposing force are on sale for 13 bucks so i just grabbed them all

You got a lot of fun ahead of you.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

A bunch of recognizable gameplay stuff from any FPS you might have played in the last 15 years was probably first done with Half Life, but I'm not sure if that alone will make it stand up. Either way it should be a fun enough ride as long as the old graphics don't get to you.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

A bunch of recognizable gameplay stuff from any FPS you might have played in the last 15 years was probably first done with Half Life, but I'm not sure if that alone will make it stand up. Either way it should be a fun enough ride as long as the old graphics don't get to you.

i never got to play these games growing up so i still get a kick out of them :unsmith:

once i get out of grad school and get a job and contribute to society im going to buy a top end system so i can actually play something modern lol

and then have kids and never be allowed to use it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

there's genuinely gonna be a not-insignificant part of people here that won't forget when we were waking up to buildings under water he was shilling for a separate racist insane sheriff's book after using landfall as a cover to pardon his buddy racist insane sheriff. He's trying these canned tweets to sound more presidential but by tomorrow he'll have hosed it again

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

i never got to play these games growing up so i still get a kick out of them :unsmith:

once i get out of grad school and get a job and contribute to society im going to buy a top end system so i can actually play something modern lol

and then have kids and never be allowed to use it

I bought a Doghouse Systems top of the line pc that can run anything on the market and my sister comes by to drop off her kids and heaves big sighs while looking longingly it but knows she'd never have time to use it. She just makes do by sneaking up to play Overwatch on it when they are taking a nap when visiting. She even straight up said by the time I'm ready to replace it her kids will be old enough she can have my old PC

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sexpig by night posted:

I'm just glad we're getting all our biblical flooding out of the way now, the next 1500 years are gonna be smooth sailing for ol Texas!

Governor Perry wished on the monkey's paw for an end go the drought.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

there's genuinely gonna be a not-insignificant part of people here that won't forget when we were waking up to buildings under water he was shilling for a separate racist insane sheriff's book after using landfall as a cover to pardon his buddy racist insane sheriff. He's trying these canned tweets to sound more presidential but by tomorrow he'll have hosed it again

wait until the wednesday night rally

the rain might be over by then

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
New Clinton Memoir: ‘We All Made Mistakes But You Made Most Of Them’

http://www.theonion.com/article/new-clinton-memoir-we-all-made-mistakes-you-made-m-56743

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

New Clinton Memoir: ‘We All Made Mistakes But You Made Most Of Them’

http://www.theonion.com/article/new-clinton-memoir-we-all-made-mistakes-you-made-m-56743

If only this were satire.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Half Life 1 still holds up really well despite its age. But then i'm one of the few people who genuinely likes the Xen levels at the end of the game so *shrug*

Speaking of old-as-dirt FPS games now, Unreal's my fuckin jam

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

FizFashizzle posted:

og half life is the poo poo. never played blueshift or opposing forces, but still have all those cd's in a box from the version of half life i bought.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Opposing Forces is really good

Half-Life is really good

gently caress I wanna play half-life now

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Yeah SlingTV + Sports Addon, and Antennae seems the way to go. Cable is nice but yeesh the price. And I lived the stream lifestyle but live sports is high-priority for no skips and high definition.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

sexpig by night posted:

Lol if you believe this

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Neil Armbong posted:

og half life is the poo poo. never played blueshift or opposing forces, but still have all those cd's in a box from the version of half life i bought.

Opposing Force is worth playing, it added in a lot of new weapons and some new enemies. Plus the level design is very, very solid for the most part. It's a worthy companion to the first Half Life.

Blue Shift is kinda meh. it's not bad but you can pretty much breeze through it in like 5 hours if you got a spare day off. I can never remember much about it other than the final setpiece.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Intruder posted:

Lol if you believe this

which part because the second part seems reasonable

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

which part because the second part seems reasonable

tomorrow came early

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.509d23bda1c3

quote:

While Donald Trump was running for president in late 2015 and early 2016, his company was pursuing a plan to develop a massive Trump Tower in Moscow, according to several people familiar with the proposal and new records reviewed by Trump Organization lawyers.

As part of the discussions, a Russian-born real estate developer urged Trump to come to Moscow to tout the proposal and suggested he could get President Vladimir Putin to say “great things” about Trump, according to several people who have been briefed on his correspondence.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/OmarVillafranca/status/901838327724290048

:stonk:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Those evil little fuckers have always been resourceful as hell.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lemmie take you through my Allison story.

Me: "poo poo poo poo poo poo I need to get across the street before this street is a total river, ok just gonna wade it it's only up to my knees. What's this? A weird redish bit of debris? Away with you, feel the power of my mighty kick!"

Me thirty seconds later: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4BkGJj5BXg

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's raining so hard you guys

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Intruder posted:

It's raining so hard you guys

Well if you die, I'll pretend to miss you.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Lol they're opening the dams fuckin rip me

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

rip goon sire

may flights of mountain dew sing thee to thy rest

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

Yeah I heard about that. They're going to intentionally flood a couple neighborhoods so they can control it better

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Well if you die, I'll pretend to miss you.

I appreciate that :glomp:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'll really miss you, Intruder

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I get this shouldn't come as a surprise or even phase me by now, but the "Thanks!" really gets me. Like, he actually is so narcissistic that he thinks people are desperately clinging to life and trying to survive, all to please him.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

I appreciate that :glomp:

Trump is going to take pointers from King Zheng and incorporate the corpses of Houstonites into the Great Wall.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

pubic works project posted:

I'll really miss you, Intruder

Lies

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

Yeah I heard about that. They're going to intentionally flood a couple neighborhoods so they can control it better

Happened here during a huge flood too. They had to do it to avoid the dam breaking and loving the dog really badly.

Hope you guys avoid the issues we had when the rain stopped where the flood levels continued to rise because more and more run off was being collected.

Bright sunny summer days with stinking river water rising and rising. The stink was insane.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea it sucks but it's literally either 'make the situation worse' or 'let the situation get even more catastrophic'. Sucks that it's coming at like 2am though, can't imagine trying to handle that poo poo then.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I mean it's all well and good unless you're in those couple of neighborhoods

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How hard is it to install a snorkel on a modern car engine?

If I were a mechanic in houston I'd be tempted to try it and just drive around the city half underwater.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

not that hard but A) your car isn't heavy enough, it'll easily float in water high enough to reach close to the top of the hood, and B) a modern new car probably leaks around the door sills etc. so you will still ruin it.

Snorkels are really just for high clearance trucks that are otherwise built for high waterline fords, and even then, you need to understand what you're doing to avoid losing traction and getting swept along with a current.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Flooding Texas is plan b of Trump's border wall scheme. Don't need no border wall if there ain't no border. *points at head*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

rain rain go away come again another day

• Locked thread