Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

withak posted:

This guy Gets it.

edit: Someone please run the calcs on how some holes in a zombie dragon's wings might affect flight performance.

How are there holes in his wings already? What is the decomp time like for dragons?

We got some CSI's in here no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Constant posted:

How are there holes in his wings already? What is the decomp time like for dragons?

Maybe they looped the chains through the holes

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

lezard_valeth posted:

Dude this is the good GoT thread. People are expected to get upset about muh realism and then give a thesis explanation on why it wasn't realistic.

Search thread:

- Average Raven speed travel
- Ship travel distance between Dragonstone - Casterly Rock and KL - Casterly Rock
calculating those things is probably the least effective way of illustrating how cartoonish the pace of this season has been.

w/e floats your boat i guess

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

On the rewatch now and the Jon helping Theon find his rhetorical balls scene is pretty good.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Constant posted:

he was under ice cold water that's surely gotta slow down the decomp time

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

TheRat posted:

GRRM you fuckig tease :v:

"Why aren't you down in the yard?" Arya asked him.
He gave her a half smile. "Bastards are not allowed to damage young princes," he said.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Constant posted:

It crashed into an ice-covered lake, that is probably enough to make some holes.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Retardog posted:

Maybe they looped the chains through the holes

At least this would explain how they were able to pull a dead dragon off the bottom of a lake using several massive chains.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I always imagined a full white skeleton dragon like from warcraft or something.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

best episode of the best season of the best television show

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

This is Bran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkazGlJF26o

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It's also been pissing me off that Bran keeps saying he is the "three eyed raven" as if that is the job title and not just a little thing the old guy did once to get Brans attention.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Constant posted:

On the rewatch now and the Jon helping Theon find his rhetorical balls scene is pretty good.

Yeah that scene and the Tyrion and Cersei scenes were both good. The shows been missing good character moments like that, and shockingly they've only become more rare as the character reunions have progressed.

The Hound confronting the Mountain was pretty awkward and bizarre too, Hey y'all before we start I got words for my dead zombie brother, then commence your world historic meeting.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
On the episode proper:

- Props to Lena Headey being a really good actress. We all knew she had her fingers crossed behind her back, but her turning to face Jon and go "We will send the troops North to help you. Remember that I did it with no promises or insurances from you, assholes" felt really honest and not overdone. And Jon didn't even say "Thx u cersee". Team Jonerys are definitely the bad guys

- Despite the above scene being good, overall the Jaime part didn't work for me. First Cersei says "lol gently caress you" to the truce , he tries to sway her, fails and gives up and just rolls with it. Then after Cersei agrees but later says "nah i had my fingers crossed behind my back" only then does he go "ooooOH! that was just too despicable! You made me believe we were gonna help them after initially refusing to help them and now we are back to square 1! I gave my men a tactic briefing Cersei, a BRIEFING! You made me look like a fool infront of Larry!". I think it would have worked much better if she had agreed from the getgo like the leak said. Also the Jaime leaves Cersei scene wasn't as emotional as I had hoped or the OST would have had me believe.

- D&D decide to go through the path of least resistance, that is, the path of fanservice and hook up fan favorites Jon and Daenerys together. Throughout this entire season only one scene can be considered as build up and having chemistry and that pitiance of a setup climaxes in "knockknock*BANGS*". Not even a word, even "boats make me horny" would have worked. And then they just show them for 10 seconds kinda from the side but in an angle that you can't tell if they are body doubles or not, and then BOOM next scene. D&D half assed the fanservice which is a new kind of low for the show.

- Lol at Bran spelling out the implications of Rhaegar and Llyana's marriage in small sentences for the audience. D&D do believe the audience are morons.

- The delivery of "you are the traitor....Lord Baelish" was even more cheesy and bad than I expected. Not even a camera pan to reveal Littlefinger in frame, Sansa gives up the TWIST before she even speaks the line.

Caros
May 14, 2008

You know, I really feel like the undead should not be the threat that they seem to be. Take down their dragon and the dothraki can just dragonglass or fire arrow the entire army to death over the course of a few weeks.

All infantry, no archers? Cavalry archers would wreck their poo poo.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Mike N Eich posted:

The Hound confronting the Mountain was pretty awkward and bizarre too, Hey y'all before we start I got words for my dead zombie brother, then commence your world historic meeting.

"But not until I've taunted my nephew about how I have kidnapped his sister!"

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

lezard_valeth posted:

- The delivery of "you are the traitor....Lord Baelish" was even more cheesy and bad than I expected. Not even a camera pan to reveal Littlefinger in frame, Sansa gives up the TWIST before she even speaks the line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

drunken officeparty posted:

It's also been pissing me off that Bran keeps saying he is the "three eyed raven" as if that is the job title and not just a little thing the old guy did once to get Brans attention.

I like that no one else knows what it would mean or really gives a poo poo.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
Someone refresh my memory. Did Littlefinger actually do anything this season other than try and fail to manipulate the Stark sisters? Was there any... reason for all the song and dance between Sansa and Arya other than to have a twist for the show?

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

withak posted:

"But not until I've taunted my nephew about how I have kidnapped his sister!"

I mean Euron showed up to leave. Be belligerent, take your toys home when the zombie gets revealed.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

It pisses me off that Sansa passes the sentence but doesnt swing the sword.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I also liked that everyone's response to Euron taunting Theon was "uh ok".

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

ElmerTheWasabi posted:

Was there any... reason for all the song and dance between Sansa and Arya other than to have a twist for the show?

I guess the idea was that since he had an army with him, they needed to arrange for a public confrontation where he would implicate himself

so that said army could not object to his execution

of course, his army was made up of people who clearly hated his guts, which Sansa was perfectly aware of, so
who knows

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 28, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lol cersei is trump now

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Of all the autistic posts in this thread "I have great experience demolishing high cliffs" is my favorite

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!

Constant posted:

That scene is good because it's foreshadowing Jon needing to choose between two families as well

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

RBA Starblade posted:

I also liked that everyone's response to Euron taunting Theon was "uh ok".

Everyone's response actually was "...dude we had 5 minutes exclusive to meetups and reunions. we are supposed to move the plot now. not cool"

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jota posted:

Of all the autistic posts in this thread "I have great experience demolishing high cliffs" is my favorite

I don't have great experience but I have enough experience to know that collapsing that much hard stuff will leave an impassable mess.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Its ice being shot by fire, it melted.

BunLengthHotDog
Jun 30, 2003

Good Game

ElmerTheWasabi posted:

Someone refresh my memory. Did Littlefinger actually do anything this season other than try and fail to manipulate the Stark sisters? Was there any... reason for all the song and dance between Sansa and Arya other than to have a twist for the show?

The weakest storyline of the season by far. They wrote it backwards from the "twist" by the looks of it, which is why it was terrible and made no sense at all.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

Theon watch out, Euron might have doggies :ohdear:

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

withak posted:

I don't have great experience but I have enough experience to know that collapsing that much hard stuff will leave an impassable mess.

you don't own a loving dragon... you own a keyboard and some crippling autism.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Constant posted:

It pisses me off that Sansa passes the sentence but doesnt swing the sword.

It's "The MAN who passes the sentence must swing the sword." Ned didn't say anything about women.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

withak posted:

their zombie ice giants can move the rubble. trust me I know, I've watched dozens of videos of ice giants moving glaciers before

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

BunLengthHotDog posted:

The weakest storyline of the season by far. They wrote it backwards from the "twist" by the looks of it, which is why it was terrible and made no sense at all.

I don't understand what his thinking has been for a few seasons. Maybe gain control of the North through Sansa? Why?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Brienne and The Hound are totally gonna bang

rargphlam
Dec 16, 2008
"I guess women can just, like, kill whomever they want." -Ned Stark

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BunLengthHotDog posted:

It would have been slightly less poo poo if Sansa and Arya figured it out on their own. But nope Bran just told them lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Best season: 4? The rest of the seasons had their pop episodes but 4 I remember being entertaining throughout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

drunken officeparty posted:

Its ice being shot by fire, it melted.

There was still snow on the ground on the smooth path through the rubble heap: not consistent with a huge wall being melted.

• Locked thread