Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
The umpiring was one sided, but West Coast's intent in the contest and around the ground was far stronger than the Crows'. Adelaide's ball movement and structures made them look like a bottom 4 side for big chunks of the match. Their constant bombs to the Eagles back line intercepters was idiotic play and came on the back of constantly running into trouble in the back line.

E: the amount of times the ball hit the deck on a 2 on 2 in the middle and the crows players got pushed out of the way or fell over was staggering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
http://www.liveladders.com/AFL/

The "Next week" column is pretty funny for teams that didn't make the eight.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Oh this is rubbing it in, singing the club song on the ground.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Well this has been a round of football alright.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ewe2 posted:

Oh this is rubbing it in, singing the club song on the ground.

It's the last game at Subi, I think they'd be doing it regardless.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Periphery posted:

The Grand final will be a draw, go to golden goal and a bullshit umpiring decision will win a team the game.

Maybe you weren't aware but Hawthorn didn't make the eight this year.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

markgreyam posted:

Maybe you weren't aware but Hawthorn didn't make the eight this year.

Joel Selwood

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I think perhaps the biggest injustice is that Richmond have gotten a home final for falling into 3rd

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Bullshit.

The only reason Geelong got that "home" final one time was there were four Victorian - normally the fourth would've been at Docklands like when Hawthorn beat Adelaide at Docklands, but since Geelong were playing an interstate team... yeah. It was done out of expediency, not because Geelong had "earned" a home final.

All Vic final? It's going to be at the MCG for sure.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The Deadly Hume posted:

Bullshit.

The only reason Geelong got that "home" final one time was there were four Victorian - normally the fourth would've been at Docklands like when Hawthorn beat Adelaide at Docklands, but since Geelong were playing an interstate team... yeah. It was done out of expediency, not because Geelong had "earned" a home final.

I was under the impression that it was the other way around; Geelong had to play a final at the 'G because there weren't enough Victorian finals to satisfy the MCG's quota unless Geelong played a game there. That agreement has since changed, as a direct result of the backlash.

I'm not saying Geelong will play in Geelong; that game is going to the G for sure.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's already been decided, Friday night at the MCG. Saturday early is Sydney, Saturday night is Port.

Adelaide has been rewarded for finishing top and consistently filling Adelaide Oval with a lovely Thursday game as predicted.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

It's already been decided, Friday night at the MCG. Saturday early is Sydney, Saturday night is Port.

Adelaide has been rewarded for finishing top and consistently filling Adelaide Oval with a lovely Thursday game as predicted.

Hey, at least it's gonna be televised :D

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Im pumped as gently caress.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

The Deadly Hume posted:

Bullshit.

And also seen as punishment for Freo tanking the last game of the season.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
Earlier this year, the daughter of a fellow Melbourne supporter told me that she "hates the Dees". I can only imagine it's because they make her Daddy cry.

Anyway, it was a slightly better season. I'm going to go back to not caring about AFL.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Press conference to announce Bucks' future at 10:30.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Word is he has a two year extension which makes sense because we've finished in progressively lower ladder positions each year he's been coach and there are still lower rungs to explore. Why leave a job unfinished?

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Periphery posted:

Just imagine what happens if the Dees lose by so much today that they get pushed out of the 8.

how good's footy ay, fuckin kill me now

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

tnimark posted:

Word is he has a two year extension which makes sense because we've finished in progressively lower ladder positions each year he's been coach and there are still lower rungs to explore. Why leave a job unfinished?

confirmed

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

gently caress I love me a Subi umpires meltdown, inject it into my veins

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
dean margetts retire bitch

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

racing identity posted:

dean margetts retire bitch

He trains with the eagles and requested the last game at Subi, apparently

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Spedman posted:

He trains with the eagles and requested the last game at Subi, apparently

Please tell me you're fuckin kidding

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
AA 40 man squad named

foxfooty posted:

Adelaide: Eddie Betts, Matt Crouch, Sam Jacobs, Rory Laird, Jake Lever, Tom Lynch, Rory Sloane, Taylor Walker

Brisbane: Dayne Zorko

Carlton: Sam Docherty, Matthew Kreuzer

Collingwood: Jeremy Howe, Adam Treloar

Essendon: Joe Daniher, Michael Hurley, Zach Merrett

Fremantle: N/A

Geelong: Patrick Dangerfield, Joel Selwood

Gold Coast: N/A

GWS Giants: Toby Greene, Josh Kelly, Tom Scully, Dylan Shiel

Hawthorn: Tom Mitchell

Melbourne: Jeff Garlett, Michael Hibberd, Neville Jetta

North Melbourne: Ben Brown

Port Adelaide: Robbie Gray, Tom Jonas, Paddy Ryder

Richmond: Dustin Martin, Alex Rance

St Kilda: Dylan Roberton, Seb Ross

Sydney: Lance Franklin, Josh Kennedy

West Coast: Josh Kennedy, Jeremy McGovern, Elliot Yeo

Western Bulldogs: Marcus Bontempelli

tom jonas? wut

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ben McEvoy and Clayton Oliver should be in the squad at least. That is a pretty bad list. 8 Adelaide players haha ok

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
All 6 of the gold coast faithful are very mad at gaz.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

realbez posted:

Ben McEvoy and Clayton Oliver should be in the squad at least. That is a pretty bad list. 8 Adelaide players haha ok

Too many Giants players were in and out with injury all year for more of them to get in, which is fair, and the entire Geelong team got in.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
I can't believe how many Collingwood fans on Reddit are supporting the extension, if they were my team I'd be livid.

And I think all three of those eagles should get into the AA team, but maybe I'm biased

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Too many Giants players were in and out with injury all year for more of them to get in, which is fair, and the entire Geelong team got in.

Melbourne had as many selected as Hawthorn, North and the reigning premier Dogs. K.

Saints :toot:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The fact that Jack Sinclair isn't in the AA40 makes me mad.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

ZombieJesus posted:

I can't believe how many Collingwood fans on Reddit are supporting the extension, if they were my team I'd be livid.

And I think all three of those eagles should get into the AA team, but maybe I'm biased

It's comparable to the #StandByHird thing. Favourite son bullshit does people's heads in.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

Periphery posted:

The fact that Jack Sinclair isn't in the AA40 makes me mad.

I didn't know how badly I needed this picture in my life until right now. Sinc's running and disposal reminds me of the great man so much, fitting that he's wearing his number. Personally I thought Carlisle was a bit stiff, but I'm sure everyone has at least one player on their team that they think should've been included.

Pity about Buckley. Would've liked him as a midfield coach.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

snaeksikn posted:

AA 40 man squad named

tom jonas? wut

No Hodge, so they needed a sniper.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Deadly Hume posted:

It's comparable to the #StandByHird thing. Favourite son bullshit does people's heads in.

There are a lot of Crows fans who consider every coach to be a placeholder until Nathan Bassett or Simon Goodwin "come home", and they were really upset when we didn't hire Bassett straight out of Norwood instead of Sanderson, or Goodwin from Melbourne instead of both Walsh and Pyke.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

The Deadly Hume posted:

Bullshit.

Yeah whichever you slice it this is still Geelong having to play their home final at the home ground of the team they're playing and it's bullshit

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The Deadly Hume posted:

Well yeah it's comparable, and on comparing them you see that presiding over an illegal drugs program is way worse than being unsuccessful on the field.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Whoever runs the PR department at Melbourne must support another team.

This was sent to members today apparently:

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I saw that popping up on twitter on Sunday. I think it was sent out last week sometime. Unless they sent it again.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah that went out before they got booted out of the finals. Poor dees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Ah, oh well.

• Locked thread