Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

YOOOOO WHAT THE gently caress IS PARAD DOOOOOIIIIING

E: Is....Is Parad Emu's imaginary friend?

WHAT HE'S M

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Nobody told me Excite would be this fast in subbing the finale. Enjoy the ride and keep liveblogging Waffle, it gets wilder and sillier.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Para-DX L99 kinda rules?!

I like how Excite made their OP translation fit the music.

You can't be this gullible, guys.

OH GOD I THINK THIS IS IT. I THINK THIS IS SHIN DAN KUROTO

It is, the absolute boy!

The pipe.

"Hey Kuroto, you've got a tragic backstory and sympathetic motivations, right?" "NAH I'M JUST GOD"

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 28, 2017

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Waffleman_ posted:

YOOOOO WHAT THE gently caress IS PARAD DOOOOOIIIIING

E: Is....Is Parad Emu's imaginary friend?

WHAT HE'S M

Waffleman_ posted:

Para-DX L99 kinda rules?!

I like how Excite made their OP translation fit the music.

You can't be this gullible, guys.

OH GOD I THINK THIS IS IT. I THINK THIS IS SHIN DAN KUROTO

It is, the absolute boy!

The pipe.

"Hey Kuroto, you've got a tragic backstory and sympathetic motivations, right?" "NAH I'M JUST GOD"

:allears: I wish I could erase my memory of SHIN DAN KUROTO so I could watch those episodes and see him for the first time again. He's easily my favorite toku character in like a decade.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ex-Aid is unrealistic because no one has a camera strapped to them livestreaming Chronicle.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Waffleman_ posted:

Ex-Aid is unrealistic because no one has a camera strapped to them livestreaming Chronicle.

Sadly, even if they tried, Genm Corporation has the rights to any streaming of Kamen Rider Chronicle and any and all attempts at uploading videos have been suddenly deleted by the Bugster virus.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ah, so like Persona 5.

Aw poo poo, it's the raid boss. Tank, get in there!

Chronus is pretty OP, pls nerf.

Masamune henshined so hard, they didn't have to film a fight at night!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 28, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Waffleman_ posted:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

crimes0n on Deviantart does great things, and his Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Flash is no different. It let me create this profoundly stupid thing:

Lazer-Turbo using the Proto Bakusou Bike Gashat on the second slot, while riding the Bike Gamer. This would be Lazer-Turbo Bike Bike Gamer, with Bike Gamer.

The bikest gamer.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Did you think I forgot about Mighty Minimalist Power Rangers? Well, I did, but now it's back.

Enjoy!

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
Ex-Aid 34: Graphite quietly eating Hiiro's cake is a great little background moment. Also, I will never not love the whole "raindrops frozen in midair due to time stop" effect wherever it shows up. It was great in Kabuto, still great here.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAZER NO

What did he saaaaaay?!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 28, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

LAZER NO

What did he saaaaaay?!
"You just lost The Game."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Shitposting aside, that was a pretty good finale. Don't think I liked it as much as Fourze's, and I'll probably watch the True Ending and Another Ending once they get around to being subbed by someone, but in the mean time, that was a drat good series.

Edit My summary for my sorta-megapost:

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Doctors with retro game powers punch the Pac-Man Fever out of people. Starts goofy as poo poo, and then people start dying.
Has no right to be as good as it is. Takes a while to spin up; the first dozen episodes are a bit slow.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 28, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kuroto right now:

I love you Kiriya.

I hear you, KRG.

Taiga... :qq:

HIIRO :qq:

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 28, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh poo poo, I'm in the final stretch!

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
It's been a while since we have had two really good seasons in a row so Im pretty sure Build is going to be bad. Real bad. Real, real bad.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Ask Me For Warez posted:

It's been a while since we have had two really good seasons in a row so Im pretty sure Build is going to be bad. Real bad. Real, real bad.

fuk u :mad:

I'm feeling okay about Build. The protagonist looks like he's one of those "hypercompetent but with problematic personality" types that can get some interesting writing.

I think the last time we got a full dose of that character archetype was Kabuto, and I do love some Tendou Souji.

e: I should clarify, Tendou wasn't very interesting in the broad picture, but it sure was fun to watch him just clown on people nonstop for almost the whole series.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm really into Build's polygon-rear end mechanical monster designs

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

PMush Perfect posted:

Has no right to be as good as it is. Takes a little while to spin up, but hang in there until they stop playing the opening.

Just say the first dozen episodes are slow. "Until they stop playing the opening" is such a vague descriptor to anyone who is wondering how much they have to slog through.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Just say the first dozen episodes are slow. "Until they stop playing the opening" is such a vague descriptor to anyone who is wondering how much they have to slog through.
Noted and changed.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Kamen Riders with jobs and issues who aren't random children with strange pasts have had a very good recent history so I'm hopeful on Build. (Haruto is not a child but he doesn't count as having either a job or issues.)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Do you think some people in America imported Kamen Rider Chronicle?

So is that loving clock part of Masamune's powers or does he just lug it everywhere for dramatic effect?

COME THE gently caress ON

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 28, 2017

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Waffleman_ posted:

COME THE gently caress ON

:allears: INTENSIFIES

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You fucks are going to make me watch Ex-Aid.

I hate you all.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Burkion posted:

You fucks are going to make me watch Ex-Aid.

I hate you all.

its p good and there's a night fight

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w_a2NquDSE

Today on Power Rangers: another Kimberly/Billy mind control plot? Also, Squatt and Baboo remain the best characters. Next time, it's a certain five-parter.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 28, 2017

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Waffleman_ posted:

So is that loving clock part of Masamune's powers or does he just lug it everywhere for dramatic effect?

Kamen Rider Chronicle creates a clock itself, but there's a physical prop that's outside of the transformation that reacts to it, so he genuinely might just carry that clock for dramatic effect.

It wouldn't be out of character. For anyone in that family.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Caphi posted:

Kamen Riders with jobs and issues who aren't random children with strange pasts have had a very good recent history so I'm hopeful on Build. (Haruto is not a child but he doesn't count as having either a job or issues.)

man haruto has enough issues to put national geographic to shame

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blaze Dragon posted:

Kamen Rider Chronicle creates a clock itself, but there's a physical prop that's outside of the transformation that reacts to it, so he genuinely might just carry that clock for dramatic effect.

It wouldn't be out of character. For anyone in that family.

I choose to believe that it affects any nearby analog clock, but also the comedy answer is definitely that Masamune is having that clock towed on a flatbed to wherever he plans to fight some Doctors every day or so.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Graphite.... :unsmith:

Oh poo poo, it's the boss. Healer, buff the tank! DPSes, don't just rush in!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 28, 2017

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The clock is also part of that cool rear end rider kick's enhanced CGI, but given that this is a guy who flagged himself as a raid boss for his own game and shouted at the public to come fight him I'm not certain he didn't have it hauled in.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm surprised at how the show was able to make me actually LIKE Graphite. I thought he was turbo boring at first.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well poo poo, now what are we gonna do for three episodes?

GOD FUCKIN' DAMMIT MASAMUNE JUST DIE

SHIN DAN KUROTO

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 28, 2017

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Well poo poo, now what are we gonna do for three episodes?

All of the Dan boys are very stubborn when it comes to defeat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm sorry, Taiga, you needed a new form like 15 episodes ago, you're not gonna be able to beat this guy.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Waffleman_ posted:

I felt he ultimately didn't add that much to the show except to pad things out, but I sort of enjoyed how he frequently pointed at things and always talked in that sort of rasp you associate with thinking dirty, filthy thoughts.

Someone upthread mentioned the script is funnier if you mentally replace certain words of dialogue. For the first twenty-odd episodes, I would re-read any line of dialogue with "Kamen Rider Chronicle" and replace it with "Star Citizen".

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Masamune is just Kuroto but less entertaining and with more frustrating bullshit powers.

Please don't die Nico please don't die

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 28, 2017

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Masamune is a terrible capitalist who even refers to his own son by which of his products he uses, Dan is a self obsessed game dev.

Also I thought masamune at the least stayed a threat and caused more problems than, say, the loving ganmizers but that's a low bar... But the freshest one in my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also yeah, at least as a final boss, he's built up, makes sense, and isn't some rando that comes out of a movie out of nowhere in the last episode when the story's already finished KAMEN RIDER JAM

AT LEAST I HOPE

GOOOD. TRIPLE HENSHIN.

• Locked thread