Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Check behind it first. Saw someone on Twitter say they had been placing razors behind some of them.

loving hell. Sick fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Check behind it first. Saw someone on Twitter say they had been placing razors behind some of them.
Good call. If you can do it with tools do that.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Another reason why it's ok to punch a nazi.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

If you find one with that, get photos, may as well try to get a headline out of it.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

If you really want to save your fingers, grab a rego sticker scraper from a $2 shop or a glass paint scraper from Bunnings.

MikeJF posted:

If you find one with that, get photos, may as well try to get a headline out of it.

And that yeah, I've seen people claiming there's razorblades under some of the posters but never seen any photos.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Korgan posted:

If you really want to save your fingers, grab a rego sticker scraper from a $2 shop or a glass paint scraper from Bunnings.

And that yeah, I've seen people claiming there's razorblades under some of the posters but never seen any photos.
should organise a group to walk around and get rid of nazi posters

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

bowmore posted:

Good call. If you can do it with tools do that.
If you don't have tools, use keys or a pen or something like that too. What a bunch of a loving disgusting people it takes to setup something like that, though.

Which is why:

bowmore posted:

it's ok to punch a nazi.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

bowmore posted:

How many of us are in Melbourne? I had plans for the weekend but I could cancel sitting on my arse to go walking the CBD instead.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

bowmore posted:

should organise a group to walk around and get rid of nazis

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Glad I haven't seen any around my neighbourhood.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

use a key

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Media Watch on point. lol at Aussie Taliban.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Now lolling about Jacqui Lambie and rascist audience member being upset about white history being erased :qq:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

...and now Christine Forster saying indigenous Australians should have a seperate day, white people rule.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Don't watch Q&A (I'm guessing it's Q&A)

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Tokamak posted:

Yeah I made this mistake too.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tokamak posted:

Especially when 24hrs in emergency is on SBS.
I'd rather watch people with shattered faces and feet bent 90 degrees in the wrong direction than the high quality of debate on Q&A

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fair enough.

I lasted long enough to see a muslim woman worried about same sex marriage while a lesbian woman worries about black history erasing white history, which is enough irony for one night.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Australian Ethical Super - hot or not? trying to divest my paltry assets from my existing lovely super company but i don't wanna be sucked in by greenwashing.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

thatbastardken posted:

Australian Ethical Super - hot or not? trying to divest my paltry assets from my existing lovely super company but i don't wanna be sucked in by greenwashing.

goast uses ethical super and thinks its pretty decent

ask froglet, she loves to talk super

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

thatbastardken posted:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
A bit late but here's (part of) the fruit picking article for the lazy: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-28/farm-jobs-unemployment-youth-bundaberg-backpackers/8841928

Click the link for the full article posted:

David De Paoli runs a massive chilli farm, and said it is not viable to hire a completely local workforce, because of the short-term nature of the jobs.

"A lot these guys might have a season for three months of the year, then they shut down and then they start up again," Mr De Paoli said.

"If you've got permanent staff, it's hard to find work for probably 100 people.

"So you keep your local 20 guys that are running the operation, and you bring in the other 80 as seasonal."

He says there is no difference between the work ethic of local workers and backpackers.

loving LAZY KIDS NOT TAKING ARE JOBS

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MichaelRoddan/status/900218964491591682

which one of you is this?

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.

bowmore posted:

I'd be down for something like that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

...and now Christine Forster saying indigenous Australians should have a seperate day, white people rule.

I think you mean a separate but equal day.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

thatbastardken posted:

Use Australian Super because it's an industry fund and their new ethical option is more strict in some ways than Ethical's and also returned 13% last year.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Don't put your super in anything that isn't industry super. Don't use retail funds. Don't get green baited by retail funds. Don't invest in that Atlassian joke future super poo poo.

E: I went to a superannuation thing last week and I have been horrified by what I saw re retail funds and the way they waste your money. Australian Super made CBA knock down a load of dogshit bonuses and pay rates for their executive staff (by threatening them using the billions of dollars they have to invest) and they will look out for your interests as an actual human. Same goes for LUCRF, Media Super, CBUS, REST an most industry funds. A couple are bad, but the ones I've mentioned are good. Australian Super swings the biggest bat though.

I'm with LUCRF and Media Super for full disclosure. I am thinking I will move to Australian.

Also the government wants to destroy industry super and make you use retailers that underperform constantly while also stealing your money. I am passionate about superannuation. As John Howard said, it's the second bigger labour win ever so please look after it everyone.

JBP fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 28, 2017

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

MikeJF posted:

A GP can refer you for 10 Medicare-covered therapist one-on-one sessions a year under a mental health plan.

Sucks to be you if you don't have Medicare, need more than ten sessions a year and/or can't find a psychologist and/or psychologist who bulk bills.

A while ago I tried to read about the confusing shambles that is Australia's multi-payer system and found claims that it is much better than Canada's (from sources like the Commonwealth Fund). Now Canada is nominally single-payer but private insurance is practically mandatory for drugs, optometry, dental, physio/massage, etc., so it's not without problems. However, you can see a psychiatrist as many times per year as you need at no cost at all. Meanwhile, I've seen fee schedules at private Australian psychiatrists that go up to nearly $400/hour. How Australia ranks highly in access to health care and outcomes, I'm not sure. Luckily I haven't had any serious health issues while living here so I hope my solution works out for everyone else too.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Psychiatry has a different system to talk therapy with a psychologist.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

eXXon posted:

A while ago I tried to read about the confusing shambles that is Australia

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Unisuper best super.

Downside is you have to work for a uni, and be one offended CCP official away from redundancy at any given time,

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

eXXon posted:

Sucks to be you if you don't have Medicare, need more than ten sessions a year and/or can't find a psychologist and/or psychologist who bulk bills.

A while ago I tried to read about the confusing shambles that is Australia's multi-payer system and found claims that it is much better than Canada's (from sources like the Commonwealth Fund). Now Canada is nominally single-payer but private insurance is practically mandatory for drugs, optometry, dental, physio/massage, etc., so it's not without problems. However, you can see a psychiatrist as many times per year as you need at no cost at all. Meanwhile, I've seen fee schedules at private Australian psychiatrists that go up to nearly $400/hour. How Australia ranks highly in access to health care and outcomes, I'm not sure. Luckily I haven't had any serious health issues while living here so I hope my solution works out for everyone else too.

JBP posted:

Psychiatry has a different system to talk therapy with a psychologist.

Think of Psychologist trips as being more like trips to a Counsellor with trips to a Psychiatrist as being more "trips to a hospital". AFAIK Psychologists cannot prescribe medications but can recommend to a GP that medications might assist with treatment whereas Psychiatrists can prescribe "the heavy poo poo".

I like Australia's system and I say that as someone who has lived on both the public system and the private system, albeit without needing more than a Mental-health plan and free counselling.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Um, you shouldn't have to go to a hospital to see a psychiatrist regularly.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Don Dongington posted:

Unisuper best super.

Downside is you have to work for a uni, and be one offended CCP official away from redundancy at any given time,

Or work for a uni, get UniSuper, run for the hills and never look back. I mean the CCP will probably still find a way to screw you, but at least you aren't working for a university.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

eXXon posted:

Um, you shouldn't have to go to a hospital to see a psychiatrist regularly.

That is not what he said. The hospital thing was an analogy.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

JBP posted:

Use Australian Super because it's an industry fund and their new ethical option is more strict in some ways than Ethical's and also returned 13% last year.

Is that the Socially Aware one? Is it really ethical to invest in CBA right now?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

is pssap any good. i don't understand super.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I'm with First State Super. I don't know if they are good or not. All funds look basically the same to me.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Gorilla Salad posted:

I think you mean a separate but equal day.

lol I was going to use this term but thought it might be too on the nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Schlesische posted:

Think of Psychologist trips as being more like trips to a Counsellor with trips to a Psychiatrist as being more "trips to a hospital". AFAIK Psychologists cannot prescribe medications but can recommend to a GP that medications might assist with treatment whereas Psychiatrists can prescribe "the heavy poo poo".

I like Australia's system and I say that as someone who has lived on both the public system and the private system, albeit without needing more than a Mental-health plan and free counselling.

Ehhh I mean I'm a psychology student and I'm doing placement in a hospital right now, its more to do with accessibility and need at the time (and the analogy falls down). A psychiatrist is more likely to be more expensive to see, and for not as long (exceptions apply). A psychologist may be more accessible, but it also depends on the qualification level of that particular psychologist/setting.

WRT medication, the psychologist would be making progress notes, and with the client's permission, may provide updates to the GP which informs prescription etc. The psychologists wouldn't even be making Rx recommendations where I am because its a big multidisciplinary team and we have enough psychiatrists already.

• Locked thread