Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is he data mining the disc or something?

Some dude was streaming the full game but it was shut down. Some images made it out and I'm sure more poo poo like that is gonna be happening this week. Some non spoiler hot takes: vault space is more cluttered but bigger than vanilla Destiny (shocking), the ocean planet looks sick, some of the character modes look pretty iffy.

Danger fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Well supposedly there won't be redundant weapon rolls so;

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Why would the D2 servers be live?

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

hiddenriverninja posted:

Why would the D2 servers be live?

Review copies are already out so I imagine it is to accommodate those? Otherwise dunno.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Someone at bungie accidentally flipped the switch on the servers, so now they have to keep loading the server room map to try to move it into a place they can actually switch it off

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I'm just checking in, apparently I'm not too far from Texaholic so we're in the same situation. Rained real hard this morning and water started creeping up my front lawn but then it died and my street drained. I know we're gonna get it again tonight though.

I've been watching The Office for 3 straight days. I'm ready to drown at this point.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

They already migrated a bunch a few weeks ago. Match making in pvp got real fucky all of a sudden and tower instances went weird then they maintenanced.

I think as the player base winds down they'll be switching more over.

People keep panicking about launch having server issues but they're doing a rolling launch so it should be ok. The biggest tests will be when the us goes live. If nothing else theres gonna be a good 15 hours aus players will get with smooth sailing.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Danger posted:

Some dude was streaming the full game but it was shut down. Some images made it out and I'm sure more poo poo like that is gonna be happening this week. Some non spoiler hot takes: vault space is more cluttered but bigger than vanilla Destiny (shocking), the ocean planet looks sick, some of the character modes look pretty iffy.

Even from the trailer for EDZ, Demrin looks like they just didn't even try to lipsynch him properly.

BlindSite posted:

They already migrated a bunch a few weeks ago. Match making in pvp got real fucky all of a sudden and tower instances went weird then they maintenanced.

I think as the player base winds down they'll be switching more over.

People keep panicking about launch having server issues but they're doing a rolling launch so it should be ok. The biggest tests will be when the us goes live. If nothing else theres gonna be a good 15 hours aus players will get with smooth sailing.

I remember using a VPN to get onto Battlefield 4 early with all the other goons. Those few hours before US hit were the best, then the game went to poo poo for the rest of the year. :v:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Nothing wil ever be more fun than RoI's launch and that epic queue

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

gently caress I thought you were saying the exact opposite

"We're not gonna have time to go over these 18 topics this is just an overview" Jesus.

Where's the actual tldr I would watch that.
Or even something like this dude's attempt at Ken burns' civil war in space, if it wasn't basically a PowerPoint with insanely overwrought words

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

SniperWoreConverse posted:

gently caress I thought you were saying the exact opposite

"We're not gonna have time to go over these 18 topics this is just an overview" Jesus.

Where's the actual tldr I would watch that.
Or even something like this dude's attempt at Ken burns' civil war in space, if it wasn't basically a PowerPoint with insanely overwrought words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gs9AvJS6XY

edit: it is still raining Houston, in fact it is raining alot and our president is a jackass to say the least

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Weird I thought I clicked on my something awful bookmark but it looks like it loaded up weather.com instead.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

That was legit.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

cvnvcnv posted:

That was legit.

Watching streamers get mad about it was worth it

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

can i get something still more tl;dr than this?

like could anyone sum up destiny's story and lore in 1-2 sentences?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Happy Sisyphus posted:

I gotchu fam

SPACE ORB GIVES POWERS
SOME PEOPLE GET EM
SOME PEOPLE WANT EM
WORMS

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Happy Sisyphus posted:

Shoot everything that moves and get loot.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Happy Sisyphus posted:

Hail traveler, full of light, guardian you made me.

Blessed art thou among orbs, but Variks is way sexier.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

CheeseFactory posted:

Watching streamers get mad about it was worth it

I miss that screenshot of all the Destiny streamers where the preview was on a blank loading screen.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

Shoot everything that moves and get loot.

gently caress bitches, get money is classic wisdom

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Happy Sisyphus posted:

you're a zombie reanimated by a giant space orb to fight against various forms of interstellar evil

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Policenaut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXZYMVqwvDQ

Yeah, the Borealis is an Exotic sniper that lets you swap between all 3 damage types at will.

See, the video says "change damage type at will", which makes me think of a toggle but the context makes it look like it changes elements whenever you reload, which seems a bit more cumbersome.

Ularg posted:

It would be pretty contrived if they did that with Ghaul. Hive bosses were kinda written that way because of their Throne Worlds. Ghaul would have to be like "YOU HAVENT BEATEN ME YET" and slump off and come back with cybernetics or something.

I'm sure we'll beat him in the campaign, but I'm also sure the campaign will prop up a bigger bad to be slain.

I really just want more raids like VoG, quiet, mysterious. Not trying to out-epic the last raid set pieces.

I dunno. Vault was really cool for what it was and its place in the story, but part of what made it special was how unknown raids in general were at the time. We had no idea what the mechanics and bosses and such were gonna be like. That's not gonna happen again. People know what the raids are gonna be like, now so I dunno if you could do that quiet experience that suddenly has you fighting a crazy time-bending machine god again.

I love Vault, but I honestly kinda prefer the CE/KF/WotM approach of paying off the campaign with a bunch of crazy setpieces and bosses. I think Wrath struck a good balance, in particular. We knew SIVA and the Splicers were the enemy, but Aksis was only mentioned in a throwaway line prior to the raid so when you get to the end and see what you're up against, it's still pretty out of left field.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 28, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

Someone post the screenshot of all the streamers in tile view all looking at queue messages

nothing will ever be as funny as that moment

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

thanks guys, didnt really pay attention to the lore when i was playing destiny but now feel up to speed

Happy Sisyphus fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 28, 2017

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.

Here's the source for that wall of REEEEE from last page.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

texaholic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gs9AvJS6XY

edit: it is still raining Houston, in fact it is raining alot and our president is a jackass to say the least

Ty & good luck, try to avoid Poseidon's anger.

Wondering how lost sectors fit into the new ecology of stuff to do. Like, basically a mini-strike? Hopefully there'll be something a lot different like actual tasks or different ways to do stuff besides the classic "shoot while the ghost beams a thing" or "shoot and then have the ghost beam a thing" or "shoot a specific number of bad guys to harvest their butts." Butt harvests can be a lot of fun, but you can only do so many in a row.

I did like that one taken mission where it actually came up with the success screen and then the ghost was like "oh poo poo nothing works, can't transmat, we gotta run home!" If they got creative with a handful of little moments like that and mixed everything up enough it could end up being really cool.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

the good fax machine posted:

Unless it isn't active, then I'll join poooms clan

Potatoes will never die

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
MAJOR D2 NEWS

https://twitter.com/knowsworthy/status/902025264036691969

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Nothing on my life will make sense anymore. Please reprogram me .

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
I caved and preordered on Xbone after not playing D1 for like a year. But 2 looks... good?

with that, I propose this for the Xbone crew anthem. Please listen to the lyrics and appreciate them deep in your throat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmHp_D0wNGY

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Can anyone tell me what is different from D1, because I am watching the Giant Bomb quick look and it looks like poo poo is the same except some UI improvements.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Can anyone tell me what is different from D1, because I am watching the Giant Bomb quick look and it looks like poo poo is the same except some UI improvements.

"I'm so much of a dumbass dickhole that I literally can't even but you guys should explain the entirety of this to me anyway, tia."

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

It's literally exactly the same game

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

- Different supers.
- A remix of old elements in different order and with more urgency. I beliefe the limit was 2 races for planet, and the patrol area have all of them (5?), so every mission will have much more variety.
- New enviroments for the new patrol areas (like the vexified alien planet in the beta)
- New exotics and with changes in the game, a different way to look at min-maxing stats.
- A new campaing
- Some new enemies, then old enemies that feel new
- Remixed PvP with different maps and different game modes

Everything is changed, tuned, modified or remixed, except the halo-like weapons feel, the basic destiny feel.

Tei fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Aug 28, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

cvnvcnv posted:

"I'm so much of a dumbass dickhole that I literally can't even but you guys should explain the entirety of this to me anyway, tia."

lol jesus, calm down

Tei posted:

- Different supers.
- A remix of old elements in different order and with more urgency. I beliefe the limit was 2 races for planet, and the patrol area have all of them (5?), so every mission will have much more variety.
- New enviroments for the new patrol areas (like the vexified alien planet in the beta)
- New exotics and with changes in the game, a different way to look at min-maxing stats.
- A new campaing
- Some new enemies, then old enemies that feel new
- Remixed PvP with different maps and different game modes

Everything is changed, tuned, modified or remixed, except the halo-like weapons feel, the basic destiny feel.

Thank you for the info.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

lol jesus, calm down

Thank you for the info.

welcome to the destiny thread, where the salt and good info flows freely

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I want more waveforms, except unironically

Serf
May 5, 2011

I like the idea behind the Adventures. Seems like something they could add more of somewhat easily since they use the existing patrol areas. Some of the most fun I had with Destiny 1 was relaxing after work by doing some bounties and running around in patrol shooting aliens, so more patrol stuff sounds like fun to me.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I lust for npc death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
im low key nervous that there's been no announcement on the number and variety of pvp maps