Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Boy I didn't see that Littlefinger bit coming 🙄 not sure why they dragged their feet so long with their whole farce relationship

But lol Bran's nostalgia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Cersei is so goddamn dumb and keeps trying to play 15th dimension chess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-fPqhXZrOE&t=131s

Tywin had her pegged for that poo poo long ago

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I just want Clegane Bowl to be better than Mayweather Mcgregor

🙄

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bolow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-fPqhXZrOE&t=131s

Tywin had her pegged for that poo poo long ago

Exactly what I was thinking about.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I uh, remember everything. I def remember all 4 of those memories that confirm Jon is actually Aegon.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
-Jon arrives in Winterfell
-Jon goes in to meet with Bran and Samwell
-Jon comes out
"You know what, maybe it is time to finally try out this whole 'lying' business."

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 28, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
lol told you they were going through that loving wall

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I was about to be hella mad if they killed Jaime

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

-edit same ^ I thought it was actually going to happen

Waiting for Tormund to randomly show up in the next five episodes unscathed

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Apparently there's this unconfirmed list of spoilers for season 8 from the book barn ASOIAF thread: http://www.desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-1-leak-script/

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Not that I want it here but there was a supposed script leak that has been accurate thus far no?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
https://twitter.com/luizpasdar/status/902000437968199680

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Also I thought that lord of light dude died 🤔

What was the story with hound and mountain again? Mountain threw hound's face into a fire when they were kids or some poo poo?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the guy with the eye patch is the one that keeps coming back from the dead. the priest dude is the one who got mauled by the undead bear and died

also fuckin lmbo @ ballitch and the redemption of reek

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Well I get he keeps coming back I just thought he got killed and left when the dragons took off but clearly not. I couldn't tell with all the random no-name wilding deaths with those that went on the journey as plot bait

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Nah, he got away with Dany, but the priest was the one who could resurrect him, and now that the priest is dead, eyepatch is on his last life.

Also I'm mad hype for Hound vs Mountain now.
"You're even uglier than me now."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

There was a night's watch brother or two out there with them as well that ate it.

Also hound/mountain - mountain is older brother and smashed hounds face into a fire as children because he was playing with his toy while their father looked on and laughed.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
For a bit there I legitimately thought that Cersei had come to her senses :(

At least Jaime will make it out alright.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Also, while Littlefinger's death not exactly unexpected, it was satisfying, and in keeping with the series given that he overplayed his hand with Sansa. I also appreciate Sansa's "I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I've been double crossed enough times at this point to recognize it." They made her savvy feel hard-won.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

The Iron Rose posted:

I wonder what part of the army is loyal to Jamie and what part is loyal to Cersei. They didn't show him leaving with the full army :ohdear:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

What was the emphasis on Tyrion outside the room? Did he know they were siblings? Littlefinger knew right?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

What was the emphasis on Tyrion outside the room? Did he know they were siblings? Littlefinger knew right?

They're not siblings. She's his aunt. Tyrion is upset someone is plowing the woman he loves. He's friendzoned like jorah and hurt about it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh right

That's what I thought but I didn't think of her entourage he loved her too

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Oh right

That's what I thought but I didn't think of her entourage he loved her too

I think that's what they were trying to show, anyways. He's quite fond of her.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

The Iron Rose posted:

So...is she actually pregnant? I'm still leaning towards yes, but she pulled out all the loving stops for that little charade.

And the trial at Winterfell was immensely satisfying. Littlefinger's reaction was loving perfect...that actor is fantastic.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

They're not siblings. She's his aunt. Tyrion is upset someone is plowing the woman he loves. He's friendzoned like jorah and hurt about it.
My read was that he thinks Dany & Jon knocking boots is going to make holding this fragile alliance together even harder, (and oh boy is it going to make it harder than he can possibly imagine at this point,) and will encourage Dany to make rash decisions.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Dead Reckoning posted:

My read was that he thinks Dany & Jon knocking boots is going to make holding this fragile alliance together even harder, (and oh boy is it going to make it harder than he can possibly imagine at this point,) and will encourage Dany to make rash decisions.

Or it's all misdirection and the "tough decision" is almost instantly resolved by them saying who cares and getting married in classic targ fashion.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Why would him marrying Khaleesi be a bad thing? Targarayens are into incest right? I forgot, in this world incest is seen as taboo right? Like the rumor mill in the streets behind Cersei etc

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Yeah, the taboo against incest is especially strong because that's what the Targs were up to when they invaded and then started going crazy and murdering lots of folks.

Man though, Jamie is going to be smug as gently caress when he hears about this. There's gonna be levels to it.

I don't think Tyrion knows about the incest yet. Put me down for the problem being solved by one or both of them not surviving the last season.

E: Or, dark horse, Khaleesi's baby ends up marrying Cerisi's baby to form the Captain Planet of inbred royalty.

Godholio posted:

And the trial at Winterfell was immensely satisfying. Littlefinger's reaction was loving perfect...that actor is fantastic.
Yeah, Aidan Gillen has been killing it for the whole series. There were so many nice touches in there: Littlefinger realizing that Bran was the far greater threat than Arya, the commander of the Knights of the Vale that he poo poo on during his rise to power refusing to back him at the critical moment. He was a gambler watching the cards turn against him on the biggest hand of his life.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Aug 28, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I really want to see Dragonbowl, too.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does close count on horseshoes, hand grenades and GoT predictions?

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 28, 2017

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Dead Reckoning posted:

E: Or, dark horse, Khaleesi's baby ends up marrying Cerisi's baby to form the Captain Planet of inbred royalty.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Jon and Danny are going to have a baby, a dwarf baby with 1 blue eye and 1 brown eye.

Last shot of the show will be him on the iron throne.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Good ending to the season. Cersei still dumb as gently caress, Sansa slightly less dumb than I thought, Jaime ready to murder Cersei, incest, and a good old fashioned throat cutting.

And the Starks broke the odd-season curse.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Goddamn can't believe I got suckered by Cersei's bullshit. Still somehow underestimated how much of a dumb spitefull rear end in a top hat she is. Hound continues to own everyone.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

The Rat posted:

Apparently there's this unconfirmed list of spoilers for season 8 from the book barn ASOIAF thread: http://www.desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-1-leak-script/

I read it, it's apparently only the first episode?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

There's links to the rest of the episodes near the top of the page there.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i loved Jaime's PTSD look when he hears the dragons again

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Incest isn't the awkward part--the awkward part is that Jon now outranks Dany for claim to the throne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Madurai posted:

Incest isn't the awkward part--the awkward part is that Jon now outranks Dany for claim to the throne.

Jon doesn't want the throne though, all he would have to do is give up his claim and let Dany have it.

• Locked thread