Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
nice

https://twitter.com/BenSpielberg/status/902140095419088896

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/902141923204505600

But it is. :confused:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
WHITE MALE BRO-PAGANDA :argh:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

white people are dumb as hell

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

why do only white people like bernie? checkmated, bro :agesilaus:

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

The gently caress is up with those Pence numbers? :stare:

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

readingatwork posted:

The gently caress is up with those Pence numbers!? :stare:

white people love horses.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

loquacius posted:

Even if it isn't, the tweet shows that at least one person took it at face value and thought it was a good thing

That is true and that person is a sociopath as well as monster. Especially since it just says a Twitter troll, and not a racist, or sexist

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

obviously russia hacked these polls

readingatwork posted:

Republicans who only dislike Trump for ~~decorum~~ reasons love Mike Pence because he's quiet and Christian and never talks to a woman ever

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

readingatwork posted:

he's the "sane" one. I.e. the guy who can furrow his brow, purse his lips, and lie straight into the camera the best

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

there is just so much to say about that "white" graph

I feel like I could spend half an hour just staring at it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Just gonna say I don't "get" Echo. Like what's so loving hard about sitting at your computer and ordering what you want. Also how the gently caress is amazon gonna make the right choice between their 10000 different options for the same item based off of your vague "order diapers!" command

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It feels like Pence hasn't done anything significant since he spoke at that dumbass pro life rally.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

there is just so much to say about that "white" graph

I feel like I could spend half an hour just staring at it

White people have all the Republicans, this is p well known

I think it also shows that they think nothing good is getting done, and blame the people who are most part of "the process" for this, hence Mitch and Pelosi having the lowest numbers, other congresspeople like Warren and Ryan having bad but ok numbers, and political "outsiders" like Sanders and Tillerson having the highest numbers

I still maintain Pence's high numbers are due to decorum Republicans using him to justify their Trump votes and nobody else giving a particular poo poo about him.

I'm super relieved actually to see Bannon having numbers that low, should be -100% of course but I could say that about a lot of those people

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

zegermans posted:

Just gonna say I don't "get" Echo. Like what's so loving hard about sitting at your computer and ordering what you want. Also how the gently caress is amazon gonna make the right choice between their 10000 different options for the same item based off of your vague "order diapers!" command

i thought it was tied to a machine learning algorithm based on stuff you commonly buy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I could see myself getting one of those Dash buttons for diapers when I have kids

in my sitcom-level understanding of baby care, I open up the dirty diaper, see the situation inside, roll my eyes and hit the diaper button a good five or six times

"gonna need some more diaps over here Jeff Bezos"

roll laugh track

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i thought it was tied to a machine learning algorithm based on stuff you commonly buy

I'm sure it does but I'm not sure I want to waste money while it "learns"

maybe I just don't know how it works enough to have a good opinion.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It feels like Pence hasn't done anything significant since he spoke at that dumbass pro life rally.

He's been doing a lot of foreign policy for sleepasaurus rex

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

readingatwork posted:

Trump is a disaster and Pence is staying out of sight (and out of the country) as much as possible. He's benefiting from the same effect Obama/Biden are, but kinda pre-emptively: because he hasn't actually done anything, he's getting the benefit of the doubt from white people who are desperate to try to find something good about Republicanism (there is nothing good about Republicanism). Similarly, because Obama/Biden are way out of sight right now and aren't actively doing anything awful, people are remembering them much more fondly.

This is why it is absolutely imperative that the Democrats unfuck themselves, because whenever the Republicans finally get around to getting rid of Trump (either through removal or through primarying in 2020) Pence will be a much much tougher enemy. If the Democrats are still running on their whine-about-Russia centrist-garbage platform then they will be annihilated by the Pence Republicans.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

SKULL.GIF posted:

Trump is a disaster and Pence is staying out of sight (and out of the country) as much as possible. He's benefiting from the same effect Obama/Biden are, but kinda pre-emptively: because he hasn't actually done anything, he's getting the benefit of the doubt from white people who are desperate to try to find something good about Republicanism (there is nothing good about Republicanism). Similarly, because Obama/Biden are way out of sight right now and aren't actively doing anything awful, people are remembering them much more fondly.

This is why it is absolutely imperative that the Democrats unfuck themselves, because whenever the Republicans finally get around to getting rid of Trump (either through removal or through primarying in 2020) Pence will be a much much tougher enemy. If the Democrats are still running on their whine-about-Russia centrist-garbage platform then they will be annihilated by the Pence Republicans.

Dems gonna get annihalated anyway

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

I'm sure it does but I'm not sure I want to waste money while it "learns"

maybe I just don't know how it works enough to have a good opinion.

If I had to guess, if you've ever bought diapers on Amazon before, figuring out what kind you want would not be difficult

and if you've never bought any diapers on Amazon before, (a) why are you using this for that use case in the first place then, and (b) whatever, it'll just pick some with high ratings or something, they've got plenty of data on what kinds of diapers people like.

It could definitely send you "sponsored" diapers instead of the actual best kind, which is bad, and it could also ask you follow-up questions like "hey is your baby a boy or a girl" fairly easily if it doesn't know already, which is good, but I promise you it's not gonna be just sending you the shittiest possible diapers it can find or a book entitled "diapers!" or a picture of a diaper on 8.5x11" paper or whatever you're afraid will happen

that said though jesus just sit down at your computer for a second

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

loquacius posted:

that said though jesus just sit down at your computer for a second

but I am

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

btw

loquacius posted:

a book entitled "diapers!"

hope this buzz-marketing for my autobiography was subtle enough :grin:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

At least we have a good gauge on when Trump is going to get impeached and removed -- once he is underwater with white people suddenly McConnell and Ryan will be "really, really concerned" about the Russia stuff. Still 6% to go though :(

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Here's what's going to happen: Trump will be ejected from the party and the Democrats will be suddenly caught flat-footed, scrambling to find an actual platform and message to run on because they've spent so much political energy and time messaging that Trump is a traitor to the country (which he is) and no time at all figuring out what to do after Trump. They will lose mucho elections.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

SKULL.GIF posted:

Here's what's going to happen: Trump will be ejected from the party and the Democrats will be suddenly caught flat-footed, scrambling to find an actual platform and message to run on because they've spent so much political energy and time messaging that Trump is a traitor to the country (which he is) and no time at all figuring out what to do after Trump. They will lose mucho elections.

Not empty quoting

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hello im the centrist/liberal looking to take down the current leftism that is rising my attacking antifa and painting all the left as violent black clad thugs

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

SKULL.GIF posted:

They're gonna blame the Bernie bros again

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't think they're gonna scramble. They're gonna take Trump's ejection or impeachment or whatever as a huge victory, hang a MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner, and take this to mean that they'll win every election because the stink of Trump is all over every Republican, and not bother doing anything else. Then, they will lose mucho elections.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

That would own hard lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lmao @ so very much of this

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

This Bernie Sanders guy is crazy popular with favorablity in every group. He would definitely would win the presidency

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

At least we have a good gauge on when Trump is going to get impeached and removed -- once he is underwater with white people suddenly McConnell and Ryan will be "really, really concerned" about the Russia stuff. Still 6% to go though :(

we're eight months into this hellhole of a presidency and Trump's net favorability is still better than Ryan and McConnell

they don't dare defy him. he could personally murder one of them with his bare hands and the other would praise him for it

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

So is Houston being destroyed going to accelerate the incoming recession

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

So is Houston being destroyed going to accelerate the incoming recession

depends. does any part of the economy need oil?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

So what you're saying is actually it's already here

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shear Modulus posted:

depends. does any part of the economy need oil?

I'd be surprised if gas prices went higher than $4, and the economy was able to soak that just fine a few years ago

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

uh Hillary I think you're a little late on this one

https://twitter.com/jessieopie/status/902178442984259584

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'd be surprised if gas prices went higher than $4, and the economy was able to soak that just fine a few years ago

there were people who were just financially broken by that, moved back in with family members and were never able to move out on their own again, or just slipped into the homelessness statistics

there were a lot of other people who were financially hobbled by gas prices who haven't been able to recover because they had to load themselves up with so much debt to pay for living expenses that they can't actually afford to pay it off and are living paycheck-to-paycheck and spending most of their money on debt payments

double the cost of gas and things get real bad real quick for a lot of people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the irony of going to Wisconsin to tell people how everything was everyone else's fault, I'm sure, will be lost on her

• Locked thread