Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Isn't Cam Fowler not that good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Brent Burns isn't number 1 and 2? Ridiculous.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Thufir posted:

Definitely not better than Lindholm at the very least

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
2 time back to back Stanley cup winner Justin Schultz isn't on that list so its a bad list :colbert: More seriously OEL should probably be higher and I thought Giordano was bad now? Or am I confusing him with another Flames defenseman? Doumo probably doesnt get enough credit either but probably isn't top 20 in the league? What I'm saying is lol that Letang is 8th and played zero part in winning the cup.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

No Oscar Klefbom, list is fake news.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Shattenkirk is horrible.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The Devils got Will Butcher. So, basically a Butcher-for-Kerfoot swap.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Jamwad Hilder posted:

That list actually seems ok to me? Maybe shuffle some people around I guess.

Cam Fowler.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

corn on the cop posted:

The Devils got Will Butcher. So, basically a Butcher-for-Kerfoot swap.

And the Avs lose yet another trade.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah that works out OK considering the C prospect depth and the barren wasteland that is D. Wonder where he fits in between Greene and Moore -- too bad he's not a righty.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Habibi posted:

I saw him and one of his sons watching the classes my kid is participating in at Sharks Ice this morning. He looked sad.

So like normal then

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

That list actually seems ok to me? Maybe shuffle some people around I guess.

I feel like TJ Brodie is better than Ryan Ellis, but otherwise I agree

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Thufir posted:

I think his fancies have been pretty average or bad but last season he was good?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

the offseason is boring so i'll leave you guys with another really bad arbitrary ranking list to complain about :

On top of this, their 21-25 ranked defensemen include Rasmus Ristolainen who is definitely not the 23rd best d-man in the league. It's a really bad list.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
who gives a poo poo about the list

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

a false posted:

who gives a poo poo about the list

What else do you suppose we talk about?

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I agree with their #1 choice

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Shattenkirk and Fowler but no Niskanen? That's a bad list.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Flyers are retiring #88 this season :hellyeah:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

shyduck posted:

Flyers are retiring #88 this season :hellyeah:

Nice of them to honor Kane like that. Is Pronger gonna produce the missing puck?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I don't think there ever was a puck.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Will the Flyers team doctors from the 90s be in attendance

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Gunjin posted:

Yeah he should be on there, but he's just one of those guys who doesn't get play out of market. I actually would have expected Carlson on there, based on the hype that has since become somewhat divorced from reality.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am surprised someone didn't post the top centres list and have an aneurysm over Matthews being ranked 4th.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I'd like to think we're all smart/jaded enough to realize the Matthews hype train has left the station and gone off the rails already so there's no point in getting riled up over various scorching takes.

plus they're not wrong lollllll

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Twin Cinema posted:

I am surprised someone didn't post the top centres list and have an aneurysm over Matthews being ranked 4th.

It's because Leafs fans are chill enough now that we're not bothered about him being underrated.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I could beat up Auston Matthews, which makes him a terrible center.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Leafs fans are never chill.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

And yet I think it's only a matter of days into the season when he hasn't scored ten consecutive hat tricks that the media starts to whittle away at his psyche

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

If Matthews doesn't improve over last season and get 5 goals in the season opener I think Leafs fans will start labeling him a bust.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
I believe in Auston Matthews

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Gunjin posted:

Well since we know HERO charts are the end all of player evaluation and comparison, I can comfortably say that Niskanen and Shattenkirk compare fairly equally so sure Niskanen should be in there around where Shattenkirk is

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Matthews is going to have 6 points in this season's opener and the leafs are still going to lose by 3

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

DJExile posted:

Matthews is going to have 6 points in this season's opener and the leafs are still going to lose by 3

This is a realistic prediction imo

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

DJExile posted:

Their first game is against the Jets, that's pretty likely.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Levitate posted:

Well since we know HERO charts are the end all of player evaluation and comparison, I can comfortably say that Niskanen and Shattenkirk compare fairly equally so sure Niskanen should be in there around where Shattenkirk is

On a scale of 1 to Rick Nash, how overly-inflated are Rangers fans' expectations for Shattenkirk?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Chad Sexington posted:

On a scale of 1 to Rick Nash, how overly-inflated are Rangers fans' expectations for Shattenkirk?

"Be better than Girardi"

So about 2-5.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

doomocrat found a very good thing

https://twitter.com/Provorov_/status/902197220497387520

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Chad Sexington posted:

I'm expecting 40-50 points, improving the power play, and decent defense with some occasional gaffs that make everyone launch into how terrible he is defensively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Levitate posted:

I'm expecting 40-50 points, improving the power play, and decent defense with some occasional gaffs that make everyone launch into how terrible he is defensively

he doesn't make that many defensive mistakes as such, he just isn't that interested in defense in general. as long as he plays with someone who can do the heavy lifting for him it'll be fine.

also eric lindros, secret nazi?

• Locked thread