Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
There are some Bell Tower cards that, if not available, can cause issues. For example, if the healing Bell Tower isn't in the mix, it's quite possible to get your students stuck in the infirmary with no alternative but to dig through the item or spell decks and hope you can get a means to heal. The one that grants influence is another game-changer depending what rooms are in play. But the absence of healing can be a big issue if it doesn't come up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Alien Rope Burn posted:

There are some Bell Tower cards that, if not available, can cause issues. For example, if the healing Bell Tower isn't in the mix, it's quite possible to get your students stuck in the infirmary with no alternative but to dig through the item or spell decks and hope you can get a means to heal. The one that grants influence is another game-changer depending what rooms are in play. But the absence of healing can be a big issue if it doesn't come up.

Huh? I mean some times people build based around wounding students, sure, but it's not like they're stuck in the infirmary for the rest of the game without healing.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I thought you needed some way to get them out?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I thought you needed some way to get them out?

Nah, when you resolve the students at the end of each round and bring them back to your player board, you also return anyone that was in the infirmary to your player board also. I misplayed that the first couple games I played.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

S.J. posted:

Nah, when you resolve the students at the end of each round and bring them back to your player board, you also return anyone that was in the infirmary to your player board also. I misplayed that the first couple games I played.

Same. The rulebook doesn't do the most clear job of explaining this but it's addressed in the FAQ, anyone on the infirmary at the end of a round comes back to you, otherwise you could very quickly wind up with multiple players who hardly have any students within a couple few rounds of play judging by past games where destructive magic flies fast and thick.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Yeah, extra heals are a boon if people are sniping​ your dudes, but that is meta dependent.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga
The start player bell tower card is an important one - if that doesn't show up, player order never changes, which can be harsh in some situations.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Dr. Video Games 0069 posted:

The start player bell tower card is an important one - if that doesn't show up, player order never changes, which can be harsh in some situations.

The one house rule we made whenever Argent came out at game night at the FLGS was that the initiative bell tower card was a constant, then the other four cards were randomized.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Kai Tave posted:

The one house rule we made whenever Argent came out at game night at the FLGS was that the initiative bell tower card was a constant, then the other four cards were randomized.

Yeah I also went with this house rule, and it makes everything work out great.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Wanted the second edition of Argent but was dissuaded by ridiculous shipping costs?

Well, here's some good news for you! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/argent-the-consortium-2nd-ed/posts/1953578?ref=backer_project_update

(TLDR: Some reward tiers now get free shipping to certain countries / the EU)

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Semi related (if you're in the US): I am selling my copy of Argent + Expansion + Summer Break for $60 + shipping. Grabbing this off me will will allow you to back at the $28 dollar level to get the upgrade pack and come out cheaper than the $120 for everything.

Shadow225 fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 2, 2017

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga
Battlecon question - do abilities that say they copy from a base or style also copy from a finisher? For example, I had a game the other night where my opponent was playing Cherri, whose unique base takes the priority value of her opponent's base. If I play my finisher, does it take the finisher's priority, or is it 0?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0069 posted:

Battlecon question - do abilities that say they copy from a base or style also copy from a finisher? For example, I had a game the other night where my opponent was playing Cherri, whose unique base takes the priority value of her opponent's base. If I play my finisher, does it take the finisher's priority, or is it 0?

It's zero.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
To clarify: finishers are complete attack pairs without any styles or bases. If you copy stats from the pair, you get them, but there's no style or base to copy from, so you get a 0.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Has there been any word about the Millennium Blades Game of the Millennium pack?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

If that's promo pack 5, it will debut at Gencon, then go on sale on their webstore shortly thereafter.

TheRealMcFoy
Aug 5, 2017
Where do most people play BattleCon online these days? I went through the archived posts to look at old threads, but it seems PBF has died off. I've dabbled a bit on TTS but most of the time I don't see anyone on there or the lobby is locked.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Lvl 99 discord usually has games and playtesting

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

djfooboo posted:

If that's promo pack 5, it will debut at Gencon, then go on sale on their webstore shortly thereafter.

It was the limited edition thing they offered on their website. It orginally said it would ship in June, but now it says August. I was just wondering if anyone had picked it up or heard any other news about it.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Lol, that thing is new to me.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I actually really like the new update on the EXCEED art

TheRealMcFoy
Aug 5, 2017
Trials will be shipped sometime next week, I think I'm most excited to try out Hayden and Lucida.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I picked up a copy at GenCon, stuff's very hype, gonna try out O'Brien ASAP.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
If I have the Argent Consortium expansion, what's the Kickstarter package that will get me rolling in 2e goodness?

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Alumni tier

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Moriatti posted:

Alumni tier

I only have the expansion tho, no base game.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Shouldn't you be fine with the one that gets you the base game then?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
HEY LEVEL 99

Where's the Empyreal kickstarter

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Where's the Empyreal kickstarter

I thought I read somewhere Q4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh did they change it? I thought they said it was gonna be summer of 2017.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh did they change it? I thought they said it was gonna be summer of 2017.

https://www.level99games.com/project-status/

Says Q4

S.J.
May 19, 2008

It says coming to kickstarter in Summer 2017 :v:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I'm an idiot.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Sorry if this is addressed somewhere in the thread but has level99 nixed the PnP stuff? I can't find it anywhere. I found out a friend of mine has Fate so we can try it out but I'm still curious as to what happened to those files.

Also, 7th Cross sounds sweet, I can't wait to see how it plays.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Looks like it. The links in the OP don't work any more.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
drat, the PnP was the reason I bought the game in the first place. :smith:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

You should still be able to get them from battlecon.com.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

S.J. posted:

You should still be able to get them from battlecon.com.

That domain is for sale. Even on BGG, I could not find the files, I'm pretty bummed.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

jodai posted:

That domain is for sale. Even on BGG, I could not find the files, I'm pretty bummed.

I sent them a message, we'll see. That sucks, I had bought a couple digital art books.

e: Sorry, it's battleconnection.com, not battlecon. But it looks like they're redoing the site, I guess. I've emailed the support guy to see if he can get me a link.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
So is Eustace just terrible in Battlecon? Everytime I've seen him played he gets crushed. It seems like if you lose even one beat you get punished super hard and it's impossible to recover.