Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Addition by subtraction. Will be good to see Bellerin start on the right and Kolasinac on the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

can't wait for the pound to crash and the fee ends up over 100m when Liverpool actually pay Leipzig in a year's time

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Shoren posted:

Addition by subtraction. Will be good to see Bellerin start on the right and Kolasinac on the left.

You mean Kolisinac on the bench, with Koscielny at RB, Elneny at CB, and Bellerin stays on the left. This is Wenger after all.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

greazeball posted:

can't wait for the pound to crash and the fee ends up over 100m when Liverpool actually pay Leipzig in a year's time

Yeah...Of all the things that could happen. I'm not concerned about the pound crashing by double what it is now :jerkbag:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Vegetable posted:

Ox is going to be on the bench 90% of the time at Chelsea

Yep, he's loving garbage.

The 180k was really dumb, Chelsea are getting fleeced here IMO. The only reason to have him is he is one of the few English players that is in the mediocre realm.. so there's that.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I wonder if this means that Debuchy is the backup right back now.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The transfer is also amusing because Ox keeps angling to play in central midfield and there's precisely no chance of him getting that at Chelsea

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Hope Chelsea signing Ox means they don't also sign Drinkwater now.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

blue footed boobie posted:

I wonder if this means that Debuchy is the backup right back now.

lol he actually still exists. Wengy has truly elevated pointless transfers to a form of performance art.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wengy posted:

lol he actually still exists. Wengy has truly elevated pointless transfers to a form of performance art.

Débuchy owned though, Arsenal ruined him

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Débuchy owned though, Arnautovic ruined him

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Débuchy owned though, Arsenal ruined him

He had an unfortunate injury and lost his place to Bellerin but when Bellerin was injured he looked like hot dogshit then cried to the press about his lack of minutes.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

just heard that news. 35 million, wow

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Should offer Chelsea a buy-one-get-one-free deal on Ox and Ozil.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Chelsea must have watched that stunning Arsenal performance this weekend and thought "this is exactly what we need on our team"

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
So Arsenal need to buy a winger, DM, and CB/RB this window now... lol.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
one of about two reputable liverpool sources

https://twitter.com/melissareddy_/status/902207009688363008

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

:psyduck:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Is there a release clause....

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/de-jong-departs-for-ajax

Sien De Jong back to Ajax is a done deal.
Amazing how much we spent on the De Jong bros for the return they had

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Don't get it. If you paid the release, why isn't he signed today...?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Release clauses mean poo poo

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

wooger posted:

His release clause doesn't become active until next summer. So technically we haven't activated his clause. We have paid his clause plus a bit more to prempt all this stuff

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

wooger posted:

RBL knows they're going to get an offer for the release fee amount from every big club on earth day 1 of next summers transfer window and he's gone for that amount regardless of what they do. from their perspective they might as well get some extra cash if he's gone for sure, plus they get him for all of this season which is big for them. LFC...get to sign him, which wasn't happening if he had offers from every other big club on earth.

basically compared to LFC's previous offer RBL is loaning him for the season for at least a 15m loan fee, plus paying his wages, which is not a bad deal for LFC at all.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
we're hitting peak scouser boom cycle

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

bewbies posted:

RBL knows they're going to get an offer for the release fee amount from every big club on earth day 1 of next summers transfer window and he's gone for that amount regardless of what they do. from their perspective they might as well get some extra cash if he's gone for sure, plus they get him for all of this season which is big for them. LFC...get to sign him, which wasn't happening if he had offers from every other big club on earth.

basically compared to LFC's previous offer RBL is loaning him for the season for at least a 15m loan fee, plus paying his wages, which is not a bad deal for LFC at all.

This is some incredible mental gymnastics

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Why is it exactly?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Alexis handed in transfer request

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

if you picture liverpool as a guy wandering around a crowd of people yelling TAKE MY MONEY and no one wants to take his money it makes more sense

edit - AS likely submitted transfer request some time in the second half yesterday

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Arsenal are completely hosed, RIP

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

bewbies posted:

Poor desperate guy, if he had waited a year he could have signed for an actual good club instead.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Alexis handed in transfer request

Except he didn't :confused:

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Vegetable posted:

The transfer is also amusing because Ox keeps angling to play in central midfield and there's precisely no chance of him getting that at Chelsea

Why not? Chelsea only have 3 CMs in their squad atm and one of them can't run anymore.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

PirateBob posted:

Except he didn't :confused:

Lol it appears that way. Guy deleted his tweet

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
In any case Man Utd should throw £30m + Smalling at Arsenal for him. :mmmhmm:

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I'm hoping that Conte can get some improvement out of Ox. Chelsea desperately need homegrown players and there aren't many good ones available right now.

Assuming Ox signs, I will be ok with Chelsea's squad. The weakest position is probably LWB where I think Ox is Alonso's backup and then maybe Kenedy? But I don't think Chelsea have a plan B after Juve said they're not selling Sandro. Wouldn't mind seeing if Conte could rehabilitate Luke Shaw tbh.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

arsenal are real bad at marking up their fees

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bea Nanner posted:

arsenal are real bad at marking up their fees

No that seems about right

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

CyberPingu posted:

No that seems about right

exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob