Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

LanceHunter posted:

"These professional writers of one of the most popular shows on television are hacks and using internet fan-fiction" is this thread's equivilent of "I could totally beat Floyd Mayweather in a real fight because he's just a boxer" in the McGregor/Mayweather thread.

Are you mad they didn't take inspiration from your fanfiction or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
"gently caress your grand council on the existential threat of skellymans, I have a hostage and a dwarf joke that I need to use."

-Euron "Final Boss" Greyjoy

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

"gently caress your grand council on the existential threat of skellymans, I have a hostage and a dwarf joke that I need to use."

-Euron "Final Boss" Greyjoy

He is pretty smart in that regard (although if the spoilers for next season are real maybe not for long). What's so great about westeros anyway? Let the skeletons have it. What are they going to do, build a skeleton boat?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

yeah I eat rear end posted:

He is pretty smart in that regard (although if the spoilers for next season are real maybe not for long). What's so great about westeros anyway? Let the skeletons have it. What are they going to do, build a skeleton boat?

I think the WW's can create an ice bridge. Unless it's inconvenient to the plot when our heroes are stuck in the middle of the lake, then they need to wait.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Actually Euron should go to Mereen. He'd be awesome at capturing and selling slaves and he could watch the cool fights and sometimes fight himself.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ArbitraryC posted:

I guess maybe if you kept reading revised versions of the spoilers that included up to date info from leaks or something but I feel like for the last two seasons now the "spoilers" have been so hit or miss there's no point in trying to parse them.

as a side note I'm kinda surprised next season is supposed to be so far away. I sorta figured the reason they did a half season this time and started towards the end of summer rather than early spring was because they were filming both seasons simultaneously and planning to have them closer together, like next feb or something.

Idk. Most of the 7 spoilers seemed more like educated guesses since everyone knew how it was probably gonna shake out. My guess is some of the spoilers for 8 are true but a lot of them feel really loving dumb even for d&d. Especially if it's 2 years away or so and hasn't started filming.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

im cute posted:

but I'm confused how the "little brother" is supposed to be Cersei's undoing when Arya, disguised as Qyburn, poisons Cersei and then slits her throat while The Hound, Nymeria, and a pack of wolves attack and kill The Mountain and not any little brothers at all.

I mean Tyrion survives on Dragonstone and Jamie is killed in the Dragon Pit explosion that claims Jon Snow and Drogon's lives but maybe I'm forgetting some little brothers?

Arya is Trans.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Zzulu posted:

Actually the whole point of the dragons *takes huge snort of designer drugs off underage hookers rear end*

UHGGH

is

is that dragons look loving awesome and THEY CAN LIKE KILL HUNDREDS OF SKELLYMANS WITH FIRE

*makes crazy gestures with hands*

- GoT writers

good lord. This is the worst post I've ever seen.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Dongicus posted:

good lord. This is the worst post I've ever seen.

The truth hurts.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Gurm really hosed up the skelly mans. In a series where even the most heinous villain has a pretty good reason for the things that they do, skelly man king does skelly man things because why not

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
i like how jon snow continues to fall rear end backwards into success despite doing the stupidest thing he can at any given moment and loving everything up for everyone

it would be super cool if this was leading up to nice oedipus style tragic payoff but its probaly more likely that he has a sick dragon dogfight then gets elected god or something

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Idk. Most of the 7 spoilers seemed more like educated guesses since everyone knew how it was probably gonna shake out. My guess is some of the spoilers for 8 are true but a lot of them feel really loving dumb even for d&d. Especially if it's 2 years away or so and hasn't started filming.

You have to wonder if the outline was leaked on purpose to see what the fan outrage was over certain decisions. And most of them sound dumb as gently caress.

ElGroucho posted:

Gurm really hosed up the skelly mans. In a series where even the most heinous villain has a pretty good reason for the things that they do, skelly man king does skelly man things because why not

The books drop hints that there is a reason the bone crew is on the march but the show completely ignored everything in favor of long staring sessions and woke incest.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
This last season was so bad that I want to read the next book. I don't even know why

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
When I try to understand why the show does what it does, or why characters say what they say, I like to play a little game. I like to assume that the writers made the dumbest decision and are the worst writers ever. Every bad bit of dialogue, every unclear plot device, every rushed scene, every unused opportunity - I assume that it's from the worst possible writing.

So ask yourself, why would they end the season without a giant stepping on someone?

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Trast posted:

The books drop hints that there is a reason the bone crew is on the march but the show completely ignored everything in favor of long staring sessions and woke incest.

uh duh they need more bones for the bone zone

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Aren't the Others in the books white skinned fairy like warriors? TV writers obsession with rotting dead zombie is bad and makes me sad

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Trast posted:

You have to wonder if the outline was leaked on purpose to see what the fan outrage was over certain decisions. And most of them sound dumb as gently caress.

maybe. i feel like some of its right but the "rocks fall, everyone dies" thing is too retarded even for them. but dany the downs getting misery-ed sounds loving funny as gently caress and i can't wait for people to go into tears of rage over Woke slaykween dying because her tard babies head breaks her in half.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I like Game of Thrones because it's a fun and neat show with a cool aesthetic and slick characters and action

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

Aren't the Others in the books white skinned fairy like warriors? TV writers obsession with rotting dead zombie is bad and makes me sad

sorta. the others are pretty much like they are in the show, just with more depth and possible motives. the wights are the same.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Dapper_Swindler posted:

maybe. i feel like some of its right but the "rocks fall, everyone dies" thing is too retarded even for them. but dany the downs getting misery-ed sounds loving funny as gently caress and i can't wait for people to go into tears of rage over slayqueen dying because her tard babies head breaks her in half.

Reddit : Kathy Bates :: GRRM : James Caan

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
gurm is a bad writer the same as the writers of the show

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don't like that GRRM made it seem like the only bad thing about incest is that sometimes people go crazy go nuts! All the Targs should look like those hosed up Ptolemic dynasty coins from ancient Egypt

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
show good, season good, angry goons entertaining

disappointed that we did not get a clegane-off this season

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
wights represent the proletariat

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm glad littlefinger went out whining like a bitch.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

big nipples big life posted:

I'm glad littlefinger went out whining like a bitch.

I like when Royce was like: ".....nahhhhh."

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i don't think those spoilers are true just because seasons 6 and 7 proved they're too afraid to kill off active main characters anymore just people who are kind of lingering around who more or less didn't have any plot left

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but for the last season, they're free to axe everyone because the show is over.

Bran should warg back in time and castrate Ned right before he makes Bran.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

the thing that has mostly upset me about this season is that i hadn't been following westworld season 2 news and was convinced it starts next weekend but it's actually some unspecified time in 2018

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

i don't think those spoilers are true just because seasons 6 and 7 proved they're too afraid to kill off active main characters anymore just people who are kind of lingering around who more or less didn't have any plot left

according to the spoilers they would pretty much kill off everybody in the last episode, which would be appropriately cowardly.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

according to the spoilers they would pretty much kill off everybody in the last episode, which would be appropriately cowardly.

if it's in the last episode it might as well not even be a thing

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

im cute posted:

but I'm confused how the "little brother" is supposed to be Cersei's undoing when Arya, disguised as Qyburn, poisons Cersei and then slits her throat while The Hound, Nymeria, and a pack of wolves attack and kill The Mountain and not any little brothers at all.

I mean Tyrion survives on Dragonstone and Jamie is killed in the Dragon Pit explosion that claims Jon Snow and Drogon's lives but maybe I'm forgetting some little brothers?

:smaug: lol look at this poster who doesnt speak high valyrian...

if you'll recall from that scene about the prince that was promised where everyone was like "whoaaaa how can dany be the prince??? unless she has a dick..." and someone goes well ACTUALLY its a valyrian phrase and in valyrian it's gender neutral but defaults to male in translation

WELL GUESS WHAT BUDDY!!! that prophecy that cersei got was ALSO given in valyrian!!! check the wiki!!!!! so "little brither" is ACTUALLY "little sibling" aka boy OR girl. it'll be the same thing as the prince scene. she'll eat the poison and arya will step out and cersei will be surprised until she remembers her grammar lessons...

a deep and powerful twist. do u think im right? what would u like to see? make sure to like and subscribe and let me know in the comments below! :)

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
What page are the season 8 leaks on, I want to print them out and leave them around my office lol.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

What page are the season 8 leaks on, I want to print them out and leave them around my office lol.

Why don't you just read the last couple pages? Is that too hard for you?

-----

They should have killed Grey Worm this year. He did nothing and really has no point to the plot. At least someone would have died.

Deaths this year:

Littledick
Thoros
Viserion lol
Thorn Queen
Dickon hahaha (does that even count?)
rear end in a top hat dad

I'm scraping bottom of the barrel to come up with deaths.

At least there were some deaths but c'mon.

Writers need some courage. Have Arya kill Sansa and push cripple boy out a window and take over Winterfell. Have Cersei go nuts and have Mtn kill Jamie.

This season sucked. This show sucks. Gurm sucks. This thread sucks. I suck. You suck. Suck suck suck. gently caress you.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Waltzing Along posted:

Why don't you just read the last couple pages? Is that too hard for you?

-----

They should have killed Grey Worm this year. He did nothing and really has no point to the plot. At least someone would have died.

Deaths this year:

Littledick
Thoros
Viserion lol
Thorn Queen
Dickon hahaha (does that even count?)
rear end in a top hat dad

I'm scraping bottom of the barrel to come up with deaths.

At least there were some deaths but c'mon.

Writers need some courage. Have Arya kill Sansa and push cripple boy out a window and take over Winterfell. Have Cersei go nuts and have Mtn kill Jamie.

This season sucked. This show sucks. Gurm sucks. This thread sucks. I suck. You suck. Suck suck suck. gently caress you.

Lol sounds like this mother fucker got Gurm'd

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dongicus posted:

Arya is Trans.

She self identified as a Qyburn during the murder.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

if it's in the last episode it might as well not even be a thing

exactly. trying to have a cake and eat it too in a cheap, lazy way would be very much in line with current GOT

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
How did urine know that there would be a wight to make his exit ?? Like how did they even plan that? Why not have him be missing from that meeting altogether

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Autistic Bran rules. When they were doing the screenshot of talking about Jon's lineage and and Bran was doing the travel through time montage, where Bran is standing there watching the events unfold. When the show did the final montage cut to Dany and Jon boning I was really hoping that Bran would be standing there watching lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Glenn Quebec posted:

How did urine know that there would be a wight to make his exit ?? Like how did they even plan that? Why not have him be missing from that meeting altogether

Great questions