Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Nah that's the new prohibited list. The next post is how big it used to be.

Also I didn't know you were trans, Cole

https://youtu.be/6FEOeQZmnAo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

46 degrees isn't cold :confused:

I've lived in Georgia my whole life too, so this isn't some Canadian snow whisperer bitching. 46 degrees is downright pleasant with a decent coat.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Chilichimp posted:

46 degrees isn't cold :confused:

I've lived in Georgia my whole life too, so this isn't some Canadian snow whisperer bitching. 46 degrees is downright pleasant with a decent coat.

He lives in NY which gets lots of snow, he's a bitch

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You don't get to bitch about snow unless you have to shovel it or drive in it. I doubt he does either, probably never did the former.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
As a Floridian, driving in snow with a RWD car uphill two years ago was the most "Jesus take the wheel" moment I've ever had in my life.

If I had to pick a temperature it would be mid-50s. Mid-40s is chilly at worst.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

As a Floridian, driving in snow with a RWD car uphill two years ago was the most "Jesus take the wheel" moment I've ever had in my life.

If I had to pick a temperature it would be mid-50s. Mid-40s is chilly at worst.

https://youtu.be/7ttbQTz8tAE

Nothing like dealing with even light snow in the DC area, where everything goes to poo poo the second a snowflake touches the ground.

A few years ago, when we had the major snow event, everyone was so focused on what was coming they missed a small storm system that dropped a half inch of snow on the roads just in time for rush hour. Some people didn't make it home for 12 hours.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

40F is cold?

Oh my sweet summer child.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I telework on any snow day. The highway outside my apartment turns into The Fury Road (but snowy!) so I don't even bother. My first two months here it snowed 2 inches and I went in to work, people sounded like I had just swam across the ocean.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MA-Horus posted:

40F is cold?

Oh my sweet summer child.

The year he tweeted that I was without a car during the polar vortex winter near Chicago.

I wish it had been 40F rather than -20F

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I was working outside on a machine with no cabin for both polar vortexes in Canada. Thanks you cheap rear end company that made 3.2 billion in revenue last year.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

gently caress that polar vortex bullshit, a month straight with -20C sucked real bad.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Below zero every night for a month. That got pretty old after a while. We had a lot of drunks freeze to death. One crawled under somebody's porch to try and get warm, they didn't find him for a month.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vasudus posted:

I telework on any snow day. The highway outside my apartment turns into The Fury Road (but snowy!) so I don't even bother. My first two months here it snowed 2 inches and I went in to work, people sounded like I had just swam across the ocean.

This is my life as well, any accumulation turns this city (Omaha) into a nightmare and the mayor is always like "We didn't see it coming"

Which I could buy if this was, say, Tampa.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'm summer child as gently caress. A lot of mornings in the army I'd get accused of being drunk because my face was numb and I was slurring my words.

I've never been anywhere that ive found really hot in North america so far.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Actually I found my polar opposite at Benning, an LT who grew up in Russia then lived in New York and never wore a piece of snivel gear ever. He would take all his leave in the middle of summer because he couldn't bear it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

not caring here posted:

Actually I found my polar opposite at Benning, an LT who grew up in Russia then lived in New York and never wore a piece of snivel gear ever. He would take all his leave in the middle of summer because he couldn't bear it.

Sounds like my kinda LT.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

35%

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Arpaio threatening to primary Jeff Flake. Why yes, please elect a fat 85 year old criminal who will die beforw his hypothetical term is up.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Alabama state police purchase three new F-35s for traffic enforcement.

I'm sort of okay with this if they are dedicated to removing slow cars from the fast lane.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Still a third of the nation that is at least OK with Nazis, or so desperate to avoid thinking they're OK with Nazis that it's indistinguishable through the haze of insanity that is their chosen reality. I don't see it getting much lower unless Trump suddenly starts hugging Obama and telling people that anyone darker than a paper bag is actually OK.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

not caring here posted:

I'm summer child as gently caress. A lot of mornings in the army I'd get accused of being drunk because my face was numb and I was slurring my words.

I've never been anywhere that ive found really hot in North america so far.

Alabama/Mississippi/Louisiana in the summer for that broiled to death feeling, Arizona/New Mexico for dry hell.

Death Valley still holds the record for the western hemisphere.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Alabama/Mississippi/Louisiana in the summer for that broiled to death feeling, Arizona/New Mexico for dry hell.

Death Valley still holds the record for the western hemisphere.

i live on Florida now, and miss the New Mexico heat

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Washington Post posted:

Top Trump Organization executive asked Putin aide for help on business deal.

A top executive from Donald Trump’s real estate company emailed Vladi­mir Putin’s personal spokesman during the U.S. presidential campaign last year to ask for help advancing a stalled Trump Tower development project in Moscow, according to documents submitted to Congress Monday.

Michael Cohen, a Trump attorney and executive vice president for the Trump Organization, sent the email in January 2016 to Dmitry Peskov, the Kremlin’s top press aide.

“Over the past few months I have been working with a company based in Russia regarding the development of a Trump Tower - Moscow project in Moscow City,” Cohen wrote Peskov, according to a person familiar with the email. “Without getting into lengthy specifics. the communication between our two sides has stalled.”

“As this project is too important, I am hereby requesting your assistance. I respectfully request someone, preferably you, contact me so that I might discuss the specifics as well as arranging meetings with the appropriate individuals. I thank you in advance for your assistance and look forward to hearing from you soon,” Cohen wrote.

Cohen’s email marks the most direct interaction yet documented of a top Trump aide and a similarly senior member of Putin’s government.

The email shows the Trump business official directly seeking Kremlin assistance in advancing Trump’s business interests, in the same months when Trump was distinguishing himself on the campaign trail with his warm rhetoric about Putin.

In a statement Cohen submitted to Congressional investigators, he said he wrote the email at the recommendation of Felix Sater, a Russian-American businessman who was serving as a broker on the deal.

In the statement, obtained by the Washington Post, Cohen said Sater suggested the outreach because a massive Trump development in Moscow would require Russian government approval. He said he did not recall receiving a response from Peskov and the project was abandoned two weeks later.

Cohen has been one of Trump’s closest aides for more than a decade. He did not take a formal role in the campaign however sometimes spoke to reporters on Trump’s behalf and appeared on television as a surrogate while Trump was running.

“It should come as no surprise that, over four decades, the Trump Organization has received and reviewed countless real estate development opportunities, both domestic and international,” Cohen said in a statement to the Post. “The Trump Moscow proposal was simply one of many development opportunities that the Trump Organization considered and ultimately rejected.”

He said he abandoned the project because he lost confidence the Moscow developer would be able to obtain land, financing and government approvals to complete the project. “It was a building proposal that did not succeed and nothing more,” he said.

The Washington Post reported on Sunday that Cohen had been in negotiations with Sater to attempt to build a Trump Tower in the Russian capital from September 2015 through the end of January 2016, as Trump was competing for the Republican nomination for president.

Cohen told Congressional investigators that the deal was envisioned as a licensing project, in which Trump would have been paid for the use of his name by a Moscow-based developer called I.C. Expert Investment Company. Cohen said that Trump signed a letter of intent with the company on October 28, 2015 and began to solicit designs from architects and discuss financing.

However, he said government permission was not forthcoming and the project was abandoned “for business reasons.”

“The Trump Tower Moscow proposal was not related in any way to Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign,” Cohen wrote in his statement to Congressional investigators. “The decision to pursue the proposal initially, and later to abandon it were unrelated to the Donald Jr. Trump for President Campaign.”

Cohen told Congressional investigators that Sater “constantly” pushed him to travel to Moscow as part of the negotiations, but that he declined to do so. He claimed Sater, who has attempted to broker Trump deals for more than a decade, was “prone to ‘salesmanship,’” and, as a result, he did not routinely apprise others in the company about their interactions and never considered asking Trump to go to Moscow, as Sater had requested.

Lawyers for the Trump Organization, Sater and the White House did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
http://wapo.st/2iCBvLZ

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

what did jeff flake do to make TEAM TRUMP hate him?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

IIRC supports immigration reform that isn't reform immigrants into deportees or dead bodies.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

He wrote a book about how he can't believe the party picked him and that Trump is everything wrong with the party and the country.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Refused to suck Donnie's dick from day one.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Chilichimp posted:

He wrote a book about how he can't believe the party picked him and that Trump is everything wrong with the party and the country.

Oh yeah that too lol.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

I can't keep them all straight, is this Russia stuff during the exact time he was saying, "I have nothing to do with Russia" or is this the press statement "with a few exceptions"?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Starting to really bad now

https://twitter.com/KHOUBlake11/status/902216151366815744

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

More like gathering remains :c

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:lol:
https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/902245776977518594

I think it might be dawning on ol' Sheriff Joe that this pardon might not be the saving grace he thought it was.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

If my two day old knowledge of Houston geography is correct, that's the side of town closest to the bayous and the river, where the floodwaters are highest.

Handsome Ralph posted:

I think it might be dawning on ol' Sheriff Joe that this pardon might not be the saving grace he thought it was.

I admit that my knowledge of man-law isn't that great, but I don't think that's how pardons work.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:smith: god damnit.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Handsome Ralph posted:

He's even more of an idiot than I thought.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

BigDave posted:

Grenade launcher at least have a somewhat plausible use, flares and tear gas.

37mm flares and gas exist though, don't they?

Start the clock until Officer Porkpouch in Podunk County mistakes HEDP for a gas round and disperses a crowd all over the place.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

I want some of what his lawyers are smoking for my next reality break

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

37mm flares and gas exist though, don't they?

Start the clock until Officer Porkpouch in Podunk County mistakes HEDP for a gas round and disperses a crowd all over the place.

They're deliberately not 40mm so they can't load HEDP into them to prevent that exact loving problem :v:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/902237558431559680

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Bolow posted:

They're deliberately not 40mm so they can't load HEDP into them to prevent that exact loving problem :v:

Yeah exactly. Like with the business that's being lifted, cops were limited to less-lethal launchers. With that not being the case anymore, could they get launchers capable of full lethal munitions?

Of course I'm seeing a lot of people in favor for this because :siren: the cops are outgunned by civilians this is not fair!!! :siren: and yeah sure everyone out there is running around with crew served .50s and poo poo not little pocket guns, nah

• Locked thread