Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

toanoradian posted:

Hillary's incoming book, "What Happened", said something roughly along that line regarding how Trump 'stalked' her during one of the presidential debates, the second one, I believe.

He was doing his standard "alpha ape" routine of invading her personal space to establish "dominance." She apparently found this irritating. I'm not sure it's sexist, since he loves to do it to male politicians too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Labour's shift on Brexit – Labour is to announce a dramatic policy shift by backing continued membership of the EU single market beyond March 2019, when Britain leaves the EU, establishing a clear dividing line with the Tories on Brexit for the first time"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Are British cartoonists just incapable of drawing people without turning them into broad and disturbing nightmare gargoyle caricatures? I mean you can argue the Tories are exactly that, but these guys can't even draw Jeremy Corbyn without turning him into a seagoing hobo/child molester lookalike.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I actually really like the Ancient Mariner Corbyn caricatures. It's a real Captain Ahab vibe.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Corbyn caricatures make me think of a grizzled Captain Haddock which am ok with.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Captain Haddock part is fine, it's the "if you see this man near a school please use the confidential telephone" part that I dislike.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

What is...I can't...what?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

If you don't know about the black guy at Trump rallies, you should definitely read up. It's amazing: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-phoenix-rally/

Interesting fetish...

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Johnny Walker posted:

What is...I can't...what?

"Donald Trump is a great leader, it's just that Congress is dumb and doesn't want to follow him! How was he to know that presidenting was so hard!!"

Okay setting aside "how can you claim to be against racism when [racist talking point]" I'm getting really sick of how Branco uses armbands to "subtly" insinuate that libs are the real fascists.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

BarbarianElephant posted:

He was doing his standard "alpha ape" routine of invading her personal space to establish "dominance." She apparently found this irritating. I'm not sure it's sexist, since he loves to do it to male politicians too.

I'd disagree. Firstly because women politicians are expected to be demure and quiet (or get labeled a bitch) so it's not like she could've done it to him, and secondly it's still reinforcing violence and intimidation to women. Even if he does it to men the power dynamic is different.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Trump can both be a general rear end in a top hat and a sexist rear end in a top hat. In Commander Marmalade's vision, there's no difference, but why would you trust that?

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Jurgan posted:

If you don't know about the black guy at Trump rallies, you should definitely read up. It's amazing: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-phoenix-rally/

“that’s why they wore those hats that looked like tents because they were indicating that those are tepees and that they were hiding under it.”

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Fish has been relatively restrained lately, so here's a return to form:

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
For those who normally consider Fish way too many :words: there are some loving gems in that one.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Branco's revolting art style looks even shittier when he's trying to feign concern with people dying.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Abyssal Squid posted:

"Donald Trump is a great leader, it's just that Congress is dumb and doesn't want to follow him! How was he to know that presidenting was so hard!!"

Um, more like "The more progress Trump thinks he makes with Congress, the faster he gets nowhere."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I can't believe I didn't think of posting this when Trump did his "many sides" speech.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lurdiak posted:

I can't believe I didn't think of posting this when Trump did his "many sides" speech.

Don't worry, you'll probably get another opportunity

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

D.N. Nation posted:

Some conservatives (and general HRC-h8erz) have tried to make a Thing out of this, despite the fact that...uh, yeah, Trump absolutely did make an rear end of himself during the second debate.
Does anyone remember all the pre-debate analysis / reminders of how Gore totally blew his debates with Bush by, like, sighing and rolling his eyes?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Branco continues to be the worst. It's so loving reliable. We occasionally have moments of "whoa, I actually agree with Rall's point here" or "what? A Tinsley that actually made me smile?" and other broken clock moments for almost every cartoonist. But not Branco. Never Branco.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Branco's clock is never broken, always steadily ticking away, 6 hours behind current time.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Jurgan posted:

This is great. He takes the Jews Run the World conspiracy theory and replaces Jews with Cherokees.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What?! gently caress you, we are not giving up this spot for no Cherokee!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Fish has been relatively restrained lately, so here's a return to form:

I, too, want a Blue Thunder remake.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Holy poo poo, full marks for the relevant actual quantum mechanics on the board, in bra-ket notation no less.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I'm getting

some mixed

signals

over here.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Pants Donkey posted:

I'm getting
some mixed
signals
over here.

The Sensible Republican take on Trump is, "Yeah he sucks kinda, but you libs are just so histrionic about it!!"

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Dear Henry Payne,

Get hosed.

https://twitter.com/MikeHudema/status/902192060517711873

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Hobnob posted:

Holy poo poo, full marks for the relevant actual quantum mechanics on the board, in bra-ket notation no less.

gently caress bra-ket notation. gently caress it straight to hell.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Also while I was checking I got the punctuation right (important) I ran across John Rule's latest hot take:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Abyssal Squid posted:

Also while I was checking I got the punctuation right (important) I ran across John Rule's latest hot take:

Trump has no plan to deal with problems and is simply hoping they take care of themselves. Is this a pro-Trump statement?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I haven't checked this thread in something like eight months, and it's bizarre to me that a nonzero amount of the shithead regulars don't seem to like Trump. True, they still have reprehensible opinions and usually just think Trump is bad PR for the GOP rather than disagreeing with him outright, but I expected ALL of them to fall in line once he became president.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Zinkraptor posted:

I haven't checked this thread in something like eight months, and it's bizarre to me that a nonzero amount of the shithead regulars don't seem to like Trump. True, they still have reprehensible opinions and usually just think Trump is bad PR for the GOP rather than disagreeing with him outright, but I expected ALL of them to fall in line once he became president.

Many have the, "I am bigly concerned right now" reaction that results in them still falling back in line behind the party.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Zinkraptor posted:

They fall in line when it matters (that is, with regards to any action, or substantial criticism or actually [gasp] agreeing with liberals).

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Zinkraptor posted:

There was a period of several months where most of them just ignored Trump because they couldn't say anything good about him. Even today, some of em talk more about Hillary than Trump. In August 2017.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Xander77 posted:

They fall in line when it matters (that is, with regards to any action, or substantial criticism or actually [gasp] agreeing with liberals).

Well, yeah, of course. I just expected them to be in the "TRUMP IS SUPERMAN WHO CAN DO NO WRONG" camp by now. I'm sure they'll be there soon enough as the administration faces even more criticism.

Speaking of being gone for eight months, did any particularly crazy cartoonist drama happen (or, rather, is there a way for me to check if there was?) I have to get back in the loop and start reading this thread again because I'm a masochist.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

"Why is the news paying attention to what the President does???"- a political cartoonist of all things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zinkraptor posted:

Well, yeah, of course. I just expected them to be in the "TRUMP IS SUPERMAN WHO CAN DO NO WRONG" camp by now. I'm sure they'll be there soon enough as the administration faces even more criticism.

At least you have Garrison and maybe Branco I can't tell since he seems to talk only about the side he hates.

• Locked thread