Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Isn't she one of the most popular Servants in the game?

Like, if you don't bust her out for a big milestone like that what would you put instead?

Five star Astolfo, Atalante, Mozart, Serenity, and summer Altera, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Like, if you don't bust her out for a big milestone like that what would you put instead?

Brynhildr

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Dr Pepper posted:

Boudica with a party hat.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Dr Pepper posted:

Linmer, Merlin's alt universe genderbent self. Just as OP, but also waifu.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
proto merlin already exists

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Dr Pepper posted:

So as a slightly more real answer: they had opportunities both back during New Year's 2017 and during the release of Shinjuku to have Jalter in the gacha. In both cases, it would have made the maximum amount of sense and would have generated mountains of cash for Fuggo.

Delightworks took neither opportunity. The one time Jeanne Alter has been available in the gacha since October 2016 was during the "loving EVERYBODY" 5* guaranteed gacha for the anniversary, and that was just a grab bag with a guaranteed 5*.

That they haven't taken the chance to run her again despite having very obvious windows where it would make sense to do so has some wondering if DW is perhaps a bit gunshy about running her again in general - many people consider her somewhat meta-distorting and an answer to almost any situation that isn't a Moon Cancer. Obviously DW can't just remove her from the game or nerf her (that'd kill the game stone dead), but it seems they are a bit hesitant to make her more common.

At some point they're going to have to give, though, and if it's not during 10mil or during the next New Year's, I have no idea when they'd do it.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This week's master missions are pretty easy to churn through all at once. 5 times through Gaul, 10 times through Fuyuki X-F, 100 or so AP and you're done.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Five star Astolfo, Atalante, Mozart, Serenity, and summer Altera, obviously.

That alternate Mozart art was so amazing.

Magile
May 20, 2008
Got into this game a few weeks ago. Lucked out on my tutorial pull and got Heracles. My second pull was Emiya. Woo, off to a great start.

Problem is, Ascensions are becoming a bit of a pain in the butt. I see a lot of people mentioning farming them from Free Quests or Daily Quests; however, I don't have the information handy (and my Google capabilities seem to fail every time or wind up with JP information which, judging from reading posts, isn't the same as ours). Would anyone be able to point out where (directly or the main site) I could look to figure out what I ram my head against to get what?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This is the best drop rate spreadsheet so far (dunno why it's not in the second post yet). Make sure you click on the "NA" tab.

NRVNQSR posted:

I'm actually going to switch my recommendation to this version of the drop rates spreadsheet now:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/htmlview

It's been brought up to date with the latest crowd-sourced information from the US dailies, and overall its information is better laid-out so it's easy to see the most efficient NA drop locations for every resource. I think the other spreadsheet has been mostly abandoned now.

That said grinding for ascension materials, depending upon what you are looking for, can be real, real bad...to the point where I'd say just wait for future events to get them so as to not waste your time and AP on them now because I could see someone going a week without getting a single drop of what they need. Most of the materials that I've gotten have been from the two events so far or incidental drops from doing the story.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Somebody seriously needs to edit that spreadsheet into their post on the first page, because I tried looking for it and couldn't find it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

E: quote is not edit

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Do you guys keep around 1-3 star servants that you're just absolutely not going to use? Or are you keeping them around just for completionist sake?

Also, I find the CE window just terrible.. I don't know how I'd fix it, but its just a mess.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Gologle posted:

Somebody seriously needs to edit that spreadsheet into their post on the first page, because I tried looking for it and couldn't find it.
I usually do a search for "spreadsheet" and look for NRVNQSR's username.

New Leaf posted:

Do you guys keep around 1-3 star servants that you're just absolutely not going to use? Or are you keeping them around just for completionist sake?
Once I established the crop of 1-3* that I was going to keep (basically everyone that's 7/10 or higher with some exceptions like Kojiro) I started burning every one that is not of that group. I only have so many resources and it's already stretching it thin with the folks I already have.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

You should keep at least a single copy in second archive to pull out for event boosts imo.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Motto posted:

You should keep at least a single copy in second archive to pull out for event boosts imo.

Not to mention Interludes. I think it's likely that Servants will start getting additional Interludes when Season 2 starts. Strengthening quests keep happening too, there's always a chance a former shitter will become good one day.

There just no reason -not- to keep them around given how large the storage capacity is.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
For the currently available 1-3* it would seem to me that we should already have a pretty good idea of who is going to get better or not, by virtue of the game being two years behind the JP version. I guess Interludes and their quartz is worth keeping in mind though.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

For the currently available 1-3* it would seem to me that we should already have a pretty good idea of who is going to get better or not, by virtue of the game being two years behind the JP version. I guess Interludes and their quartz is worth keeping in mind though.

A lot of interludes in the future start having reliable drops for upgrade items, too. I know Teach will be getting an interlude that is guaranteed to drop a bunch of pages, for example. The vast majority of bronze servants aren't worth actually using, but keeping them around anyway is a pretty good idea.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah I've been on interludes for people I'll probably never use just because hey, free quartz. Then keeping them after since space isn't an issue (yet?).

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
They are also your friends

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I thought a lot of the Interludes don't start until you've Ascended them a bit?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Nate RFB posted:

There's no limit to how many Strengthening Quests a Servant can get and they're still making them.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yeah all the bad servants get to stick around until NP5 then they get shoved in the second archve Special Party Room.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Vengarr posted:

There's no limit to how many Strengthening Quests a Servant can get and they're still making them.
And they if they do come out players can move to start investing resources into them while keeping that in mind, but until that happens it strikes me as an improper use of resources. Sure, get them up to NP5 if you want, but I wouldn't want to waste Gold XP cards or ascension materials on such servants until it's a given they can look forward to such boosts. I'd maybe get them up to their max default level, keep them around for events and the like and maybe get them closer to NP5 because why not, but otherwise let them collect dust in the Second Archive.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 28, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

never delete anyone

my babbage on jp server is level 1 and babbage sucks but he boosted drops in the summer 2017 event so my babbage was a good boy who was useful

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's the real question IMO...how feasible is it to get through events with a bunch of level 1 Servants taking up some slots. Presumably you (or your supports) will have at least one of the better required ones at a decent level but I feel like you could handicap yourself if not careful. But we also have the power of foresight to know ahead of time who will be needed and who won't be.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
If my experience in the second summer event is any indication, very feasible. I just started jp FGO during the second anniversary stuff and had no trouble clearing out the shop with my starting rolls and Babbage/Boudica hanging out in support for more drops. They're really just somewhat more difficult dailies. The challenge quests, on the other hand...

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nate RFB posted:

That's the real question IMO...how feasible is it to get through events with a bunch of level 1 Servants taking up some slots. Presumably you (or your supports) will have at least one of the better required ones at a decent level but I feel like you could handicap yourself if not careful. But we also have the power of foresight to know ahead of time who will be needed and who won't be.

I did all of summer with 2 leveled servants and assorted Lv. 1 swimsuits.
It's less or more hard depending on how willing you are to sacrifice combat power for event boosts (I went maximum event boost) but it's definitely doable.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Nate RFB posted:

And they if they do come out players can move to start investing resources into them while keeping that in mind, but until that happens it strikes me as an improper use of resources. Sure, get them up to NP5 if you want, but I wouldn't want to waste Gold XP cards or ascension materials on such servants until it's a given they can look forward to such boosts. I'd maybe get them up to their max default level, keep them around for events and the like and maybe get them closer to NP5 because why not, but otherwise let them collect dust in the Second Archive.

You can Ascend everyone once for their interludes and still be swimming in pieces.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Vengarr posted:

You can Ascend everyone once for their interludes and still be swimming in pieces.

Especially since 1-2 stars only use 2-3 pieces for a single ascension.

Plus Interludes are fun and give me all those sweet profile infos that I like reading.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

i never once needed any of my backrow servants in any of my event grinding. in fact i never needed them for any of the challenge fights either

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Especially since 1-2 stars only use 2-3 pieces for a single ascension.

Plus Interludes are fun and give me all those sweet profile infos that I like reading.

Where else can you have Caligula drape your room in Nero idol posters and respond to every line of conversation with praise for Rome? Or get repeatedly manipulated by Stheno into doing dumb poo poo?

Interludes are the best.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Vengarr posted:

Is there any list of which interludes provide which materials as guaranteed drops? Quartz is fine but in the end there are avenues for that if it really comes to it.

I admit this is me mostly being lazy but there are just so many 1-3* that I have absolutely zero interest in ever using. Even in the case of event servants they'll have gacha rateups, worst case scenario, if you find yourself short of a few needed event boosters.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
There isn't going to be any bronze servants for a LONG time, meanwhile we'll get a bunch of silvers in spades. And honestly, I wouldn't try to just roll for 3*s when they have rate ups because chances are you'll get spooked by them when you're gunning for golds in other gachas.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Roll for your wives/husbands and you'll never worry about efficiency/power a day in your life.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Is there any list of which interludes provide which materials as guaranteed drops? Quartz is fine but in the end there are avenues for that if it really comes to it.

I admit this is me mostly being lazy but there are just so many 1-3* that I have absolutely zero interest in ever using. Even in the case of event servants they'll have gacha rateups, worst case scenario, if you find yourself short of a few needed event boosters.
that's fine not to level them but why delete them

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Roll for your wives/husbands and you'll never worry about efficiency/power a day in your life.

Unless you don't get them because they're SR/SSR and desire sensor pinged.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Endorph posted:

that's fine not to level them but why delete them
Oh I'm not saying delete them outright, it makes perfect sense to hang on to at least one copy. Not like you get a lot of QP or prisms from burning them after all. I just wouldn't waste pieces or materials or gold/silver XP on them if I can help it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Just max np what you have, lock them and burn the leftovers