Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Funnily enough I just listened to that episode on my great catch up of MBMBAM and looked it up, and yeah it was Brexit as well as catastrophic flooding in West Virginia apparently. They open up 304 talking about how America is getting ahead by default because other countries are dropping the ball, and boy that hasn't aged well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

The overall theme was "there's so much bad poo poo going on that it's almost impossible to think of anything not depressing".

It did lead to one of my favorite fan videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSYuiQih9oI

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

When that episode first came out, I didn't catch the reason behind the Ray Donovan goofs, so I thought they were just doing some kind of watch and it annoyed me that they kept going back to it. When I relistened to the episode, I got the joke and it landed much better.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I know the brothers joke about being less tolerant in the past, but "93: Dax is all" is an entirely different podcast.

I worry that by the time I reach episode 1, I'm actually listening to a The 700 Club fancast

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

(Are we allowed to image-snipe from Reddit?)

An absolutely glorious Voidfish

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm working my way up on MBMBAM, currently somewhere in the late 20s. I don't know the song used as the outro but it sounds like Griffin doing some yelling to someone else's song.

Please don't break this illusion for me.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Psychedelicatessen posted:

I know the brothers joke about being less tolerant in the past, but "93: Dax is all" is an entirely different podcast.

I worry that by the time I reach episode 1, I'm actually listening to a The 700 Club fancast

Wait what

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Relistened to some Cool Games inc episodes over the weekend while I was running errands, and I hope the show comes back in some form. It was really good apart from a few moments of Nick being weird/creepy (the pringles water thing is genuinely disgusting).

KoB
May 1, 2009
Grif should just bring on Patrick Gill because he is good and funny.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He should bring in Griffin Newman and rename it Oops All Griffins

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

KoB posted:

Grif should just bring on Patrick Gill because he is good and funny.

Yeah he really is. I've been watching Let's Play the Baseball Game where Pat and Allegra Frank (who's on The Polygon Show) watch and rate game intros and it's quite good.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

That's the episode where Justin talks about low cut pants to show off his dong like ladies' tops do cleavage.

It's p. tame all things considered.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

He should bring in Griffin Newman and rename it Oops All Griffins

Cool Giffs Inc.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I just want the Griffin MacElroy/Jon Bois supershow we've all been waiting for.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Veib posted:

Yeah he really is. I've been watching Let's Play the Baseball Game where Pat and Allegra Frank (who's on The Polygon Show) watch and rate game intros and it's quite good.

I recently went through these too. They're a lot of fun, and the two of them play well off each other.

That being said, I don't know how Pat survived so long at Polygon if he can't talk about foreplay on camera without getting embarrassed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bro's Better this week.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

Bro's Better this week.

So have we confirmed Griffin wasn't sent to Oz by the hurricane?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah he's in Austin. His wife says they're fine

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

2 of the bros are on vacay.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Waffleman_ posted:

2 of the bros are on vacay.

Dern. So no Awful Squad this week? (Curse these McElroys for daring to have lives!!!)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Welp, my friend tried to get me into this show for the longest time, but I didn't, because I couldn't stand Travis' voice (and to a lesser degree, Griffin and Justin's), and I kept trying to listen at work, and I couldn't follow the jokes and references.

Well, he said to try out Kenny Rogers Gamefaqs, and.... yeah, I'm in. Holy poo poo. Die in your sleep. And I'm over whatever dislike I had of their voices, they're fine now. The content makes it all ok.

Right now, I'm checking out Goofbusters, but are there any stand-out episodes I should check out next? I'm sure eventually I'll get to all of them, but I don't feel the need to start at #1 right now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Welp, my friend tried to get me into this show for the longest time, but I didn't, because I couldn't stand Travis' voice (and to a lesser degree, Griffin and Justin's), and I kept trying to listen at work, and I couldn't follow the jokes and references.

Well, he said to try out Kenny Rogers Gamefaqs, and.... yeah, I'm in. Holy poo poo. Die in your sleep. And I'm over whatever dislike I had of their voices, they're fine now. The content makes it all ok.

Right now, I'm checking out Goofbusters, but are there any stand-out episodes I should check out next? I'm sure eventually I'll get to all of them, but I don't feel the need to start at #1 right now.

104: I Hate You, Ron
289: Ben Stiller's Museum Nights
286: Coyotes Ate Our Dad
254: Dunkey
265: The Ballad of Tit Liquid

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

If you like extended bits like that, check out ep 258: OOH, MOMMY!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

304: Chicken Soup For Boys is one of my favorites

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
262: Where Everybody Flies a Plane
263: Prank House
292: Remain On the Smooth Tip (Which contains both 22 Slices and the titular MC Skat Kat bit)

Also, The McElroy Family Fun Hour Brought to You by Totino's special episode is better than any piece of branded content deserves to be.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Episode 123: Contraband Future Dildos' final segment is my favorite bit of all time. Don't you dare skip the moneyzone either, because it's from the legendary period of time when they were sponsored by Extreme Restraints, purveyours of sexual satisfaction.

You've also gotta check out The MBMBaM Guided Sleep Experience for Spiritual Harmony. This one doesn't have a number because it's a special bonus episode sponsored entirely by Casper the friendly mattress company. It's also the best thing any of them have ever done, the whole thing is an absolute grand slam.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I will always and forver recommend episode 55: Spaghettageddon. If you've ever wanted to hear 3 guys who know how to make each other laugh be so hosed up on pasta that they begin to lose their minds, then this is the episode for you.

Ariong posted:

You've also gotta check out The MBMBaM Guided Sleep Experience for Spiritual Harmony. This one doesn't have a number because it's a special bonus episode sponsored entirely by Casper the friendly mattress company. It's also the best thing any of them have ever done, the whole thing is an absolute grand slam.

There's also a Totino's sponsored episode that's a pretty good listen as well.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Blast My Cache

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/902226144019271681

:woop:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
A few months? Have they been playing Black Desert Online as Borth and a new Justin character, like the Boy Mayor saga (also sponsored by Totino's)?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jesus a Monster Factory that's months in the making is both terrifying and glorious to imagine.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/902226446571143168

Even better! Maybe something like the Monster Factory Wrestling Federation episode as a tournament or a Monster fantasy football league

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I hope Griffin releases some of the stats he used for TAZ battles. As a first time GM that was making his own fights I'm really curious what he did, especially for the Final Boss.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I hope Griffin releases some of the stats he used for TAZ battles. As a first time GM that was making his own fights I'm really curious what he did, especially for the Final Boss.

Usually you just end up making stuff up on the fly, modulating the stats to your group's performance.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, considering he talked about rolling a d4 when he needed to know a stat bonus for saves probably means they're not started much beyond hp, ac and attacks.

And even the hp just seems like he's winging it most times. Like "yeah this feels like a good time for the monster to die."

Serf
May 5, 2011

Its also super easy to obfuscate stats in a regressive system like D&D, which more easily allows the GM to fudge things for or against the players as the plot demands.

This is how you get things like "Angus is a silver dragon" from people trying to back-engineer his stats from some bullshit saves Griffin had him make.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So we all agree Travis was lying about his rolls for at least the first couple arcs right

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Escobarbarian posted:

So we all agree Travis was lying about his rolls for at least the first couple arcs right

Yeah, the first 8 arcs or so.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I hope it's less intensely american than the sims thing they did with sitcom people I'd never seen nor heard of! I enjoyed it but I felt I was missing half the fun because who the gently caress are these people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Don't worry, I am an american and there was still like 1/3 of those shows I had no clue about or even knew existed.