Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

OwlFancier posted:

Like I dunno buy a shitload of shop tools and spend all day making crappy furniture or something, how can you not find something fun to do with infinite money?

Cocaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Somfin posted:

lol of course IFM jumps to the defence of Notch the unfuckable billionaire
either that or they believe pizzagate is real

oh yea, also, apparently actual neo-nazi edgyspynx is back, so that's exciting (don't remember his new username atm)

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

OwlFancier posted:

Like I dunno buy a shitload of shop tools and spend all day making crappy furniture or something, how can you not find something fun to do with infinite money?

he's an inherently miserable person (like most goons) who got super lucky and wildly successful with his crappy indie game, and having a shitload of money can easily ruin someone because it basically torches any ability you may have had to form relationships with others

like if you don't have any actual struggles in your life or things you have to do, how can you forge common bonds with other people? how can you not constantly be paranoid that other people are just trying to take advantage of you? if you earn your money the harder way you can meet up with and make friends with other rich people but notch basically won the lottery in terms of the relative compensation he earned vs. the work put in

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
also he could just give most of his money away and get a regular job if he wants to rejoin society and be a regular person again but he wont do this and instead lurks in his comically oversized hilltop nerd lair like some kind of angry evil wizard, posessing fabulous wealth but with nothing better to do than to get into pointless slapfights on twitter

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

boner confessor posted:

he's an inherently miserable person (like most goons) who got super lucky and wildly successful with his crappy indie game, and having a shitload of money can easily ruin someone because it basically torches any ability you may have had to form relationships with others

like if you don't have any actual struggles in your life or things you have to do, how can you forge common bonds with other people? how can you not constantly be paranoid that other people are just trying to take advantage of you? if you earn your money the harder way you can meet up with and make friends with other rich people but notch basically won the lottery in terms of the relative compensation he earned vs. the work put in

It's basically how a lot of rich employers are convinced their employees are trying to rob them, but on a social level instead. I guess he's convinced that society is trying to rob him through social liberalism or something

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Notch managed to make a highly successful game and made billions of dollarydoos while you sit around shitposting on a dead gay forum.

Who's really the loser here?

The guy who bought himself a cave half a planet away from anyone he'd ever called friends or family to die in alone for millions of dollars.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Lord posted:

It's basically how a lot of rich employers are convinced their employees are trying to rob them, but on a social level instead. I guess he's convinced that society is trying to rob him through social liberalism or something

i dont know what he is or is not convinced of. all i know is that he's not going to be capable of dating anyone seriously without always wondering if she's more interested in his wallet than himself, because he has a tycoon's money without a tycoon's social connections. notch is an insecure goony type, this is how he thinks. his ideal lifestyle is just sitting in front of a computer most of the time anyway, he doesn't need a massive beverly hills mansion to contain his nerd cave. he'll never be happy so long as he has all this wealth, since he has no idea what to do with the wealth and the weight of it is wrecking his life. if he ever gets wise he'll give it away

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 28, 2017

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

MiddleOne posted:

The guy who bought himself a cave half a planet away from anyone he'd ever called friends or family to die in alone for millions of dollars.

I literally wish this was me

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Notch managed to make a highly successful game and made billions of dollarydoos while you sit around shitposting on a dead gay forum.

him.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It's Notch. Notch is the loser. Most people achieve little and manage to live quietly fulfilled lives. Notch had immense financial success and yet is still alone and miserable. That's the definition of loser.

It'd almost be sad if he wasn't a complete oval office.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Why?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

forkboy84 posted:

It's Notch. Notch is the loser. Most people achieve little and manage to live quietly fulfilled lives. Notch had immense financial success and yet is still alone and miserable. That's the definition of loser.

It'd almost be sad if he wasn't a complete oval office.

Yep, like a certain POTUS he conflated financial security with happiness and drove everyone away.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Based on his posting and what he chooses to defend, I assume IFM has an extremely sad life and thinks $2 billion would solve all his problems, but he'd probably be just as unhappy as Notch.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

:same:

except I'd spend the money to swing Wisconsin.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

It's probably better to be sad and rich than sad and poor. I'd take that deal too tbh.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Personally I'd prefer to build a big sex mansion on cheaper land near where my friends live. Just you know cause friends are kinda a big part of the reason to have money, so you have people to do wacky poo poo with when money is no object.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

You'd be better logging off 4Chan & going outside, meeting people and trying to enjoy life. Sure, if the choice is rich & miserable or poor & miserable that's an easy one to make, but it's a false choice. You can be happy & poor if you are willing to make the effort to change whatever it is that is leaving you so loving miserable that you somehow think Notch's tragic existence is something to envy.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

forkboy84 posted:

You'd be better logging off 4Chan & going outside, meeting people and trying to enjoy life. Sure, if the choice is rich & miserable or poor & miserable that's an easy one to make, but it's a false choice. You can be happy & poor if you are willing to make the effort to change whatever it is that is leaving you so loving miserable that you somehow think Notch's tragic existence is something to envy.

Unfortunately he's from Blackpool which is a black hole from which no happiness can escape.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rumda posted:

Unfortunately he's from Blackpool which is a black hole from which no happiness can escape.

Do they still have the rollercoaster sponsored by Irn Bru? Coz anything Irn Bru related is a key to happiness. Or an early death but ya gotta live on the edge sometimes.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Money may not buy happiness, but it buys stuff that makes it easier to become happy a lot of the time.

Id buy myself a decent house, make sure my family is cared for and keep a chunk of change in savings/invest it to keep myself comfortable and I'd probably just donate most of the rest. I'm struggling to think of how I would piss away 5 million, 1.4 billion is like asking me what I'd do if I could control the universe - that sum of money is just so abstract to me.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
personally i don't think notch being pathetic is mutually exclusive to it also being pathetic to get into name-calling contests with strangers on twitter

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

forkboy84 posted:

Do they still have the rollercoaster sponsored by Irn Bru? Coz anything Irn Bru related is a key to happiness. Or an early death but ya gotta live on the edge sometimes.

I mean you could drink diet Irn Bru but thats basically the same as giving up anyway

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Rumda posted:

Oh.

That poor, poor person.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

little munchkin posted:

personally i don't think notch being pathetic is mutually exclusive to it also being pathetic to get into name-calling contests with strangers on twitter

lol that's literally the point of twitter.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
a new skeptic appeared on my tainted feed today; i think this speaks for itself

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Was it the Big One? Cause I think that was Pepsi Max. Though I think now it is no longer sponsored by any drink and is just called "The Big One", leading to many puns, which is fortunate as such tomfoolery is the only ray of happiness in a city where joy and laughter is in such short supply.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kjoery posted:

is this person actually a woman or can we add women to the list of cartoon avatars that white men like to hide behind when saying awful, ignorant things

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Kjoery posted:

Did someone just train a neural network to crank these personas out, god drat

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

boner confessor posted:

is this person actually a woman or can we add women to the list of cartoon avatars that white men like to hide behind when saying awful, ignorant things

hello

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lightning Lord posted:

But on the other hand you literally can't rob him because he's got infinite money.

It doesn't matter if other people want my money if I have more of it than anyone could ever spend.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

boner confessor posted:

she appears to be an old-guard MRA that jumped on the Skeptic™ bandwagon more recently; channel used to be titled "feminism lol"

yeah posted:

crime weed fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 28, 2017

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

boner confessor posted:

Well she's not drawn as a big titty'd anime girl so she might actually be a real person!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Glagha posted:

Well she's not drawn as a big titty'd anime girl so she might actually be a real person!

i thought it could also be some jackass pretending to be a transwoman to give their opinion some false credibility, given how much these dorks like to selectively play with gender to ironically mock the idea that gender is fluid (i sexually identify as an attack helicopter and other garbage memes)

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

boner confessor posted:

Unfortunately this is just proof that women can also be terrible, misogynist pieces of poo poo.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BattleMaster posted:

Did someone just train a neural network to crank these personas out, god drat

Judging by the art, I'd say that it's just Diana Davison with a new screenname.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

rkajdi posted:

Judging by the art, I'd say that it's just Diana Davison with a new screenname.

Correct, and a better eye than I. I thought Laura Southern got a hair cut.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVmYGJckGMo

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Trump is proof that success does not mean good.

EDIT:

Also, anyone here who says they would willingly give up their wealth to charity is lying through their teeth or highly delusional. Just like 99 percent of people you will find any excuse to keep most of the wealth and feel cozy about throwing a few coppers away. People don't need 3 villas, a Yatch, personal airplane etc. They just have all those things because they can't bear to part with wealth that came into their possession. This will never change, we should definitely tax the super rich.

Midig fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 28, 2017

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

Kjoery posted:

How to get alt right nazi subscribers [wikihow.com]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Correct, and a better eye than I. I thought Laura Southern got a hair cut.

I had to look her name up off of Descent of Man-O-Sphere, but the haircut + her nose are a dead give away. Not calling her ugly or the like, just it's very distinctive. Don't worry though, she's as ugly on the inside as you'd expect from an MRA.

• Locked thread