Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

OpticalRape posted:

Far too many people think non methodical zerg ganking is the "be all end all" of gameplay.

ie: arch

I do find it funny that youre in BAKA, joined OOPS to slave for Derrick, and still get poo poo on by "goon zerg gankers"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2lnBVosv50

Anyway.... back to "zerg ganking" like the t4 trash I am!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OpticalRape
Nov 26, 2010

FormerFatty posted:

I do find it funny that youre in BAKA, joined OOPS to slave for Derrick, and still get poo poo on by "goon zerg gankers"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2lnBVosv50

Anyway.... back to "zerg ganking" like the t4 trash I am!

I do find it funny that as a grown rear end man who runs the "Goon" guild you apologize to an anime meme guild and then bends over for SJW cucks. Dont talk about being a slave when all you are is a meatshield for warlegend frenchies.

It is almost like you are a yes man bitch.

OpticalRape fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 28, 2017

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
You guys in BAKA sure are #affected.... post more stats please to show us how great you are at ALBINO ONLINE 2k17.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
is this game just like a spiritual extension of miniluv

suit up in trash and go zerg something juicy?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Omniblivion posted:

This....and then as you get better gear, you suit up in semi trash and zerg even harder ;)

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
What a mess of a game. Truly this deserves the MMO HMO.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Omniblivion posted:

is this game just like a spiritual extension of miniluv

yeah until the people in autism chariots quit because there is no reason to be in anything but 4.1 for pvp, anything more expensive than that is optional, as 3 guys in 4.1 flat can kill an 8.3 specialized guy easily

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

FormerFatty posted:

This....and then as you get better gear, you suit up in semi trash and zerg even harder ;)

You're doing something right if you're getting these idiots posting kdr stats itt showing how much better they are than you

:smugdog:

OpticalRape
Nov 26, 2010

FormerFatty posted:

You guys in BAKA sure are #affected.... post more stats please to show us how great you are at ALBINO ONLINE 2k17.

Quote from man relinking a random encounter five times over on reddit forums and SA

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Zotix posted:

Found out you weren't any good at the game. Decided to quit. Good riddance.

By RMTing his account before the game dies he proved he's the best at the game tbh

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:goonsay:

pack it up guys our numbers are too low to keep killing mans all day and just generally having a nice time

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

He quit because they just announced the first banwave for zoom hacks and he has admitted to using them in the past. He sold his account and will probably be back on a clean one (probably already has one he transferred silver to through the AH). He won't be able to resist the ganking/poo poo talking.

Anyway, what is up with the 30s jump in gold prices. Are the first wave of premiums up or something?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

D-Pad posted:

He quit because they just announced the first banwave for zoom hacks and he has admitted to using them in the past. He sold his account and will probably be back on a clean one (probably already has one he transferred silver to through the AH). He won't be able to resist the ganking/poo poo talking.

Sad if true -- if you need to cheat in this game with 6 buttons you probably should quit.

quote:

Anyway, what is up with the 30s jump in gold prices. Are the first wave of premiums up or something?

Carleon plots went up for sale today and premium running out soon for $30 accts.... I still it shoots up near 500 -- silver is infiinte.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

OpticalRape posted:

:words:

It is almost like you are a yes man bitch.
:words:

Oh yay. I kinda pushed Alliance Discord to the same brainspace as checking my mail, so this is a nice surprise. Go SDS! this is an improvement.

OpticalRape, if you need to get your plantation highwayman fantasies realized there are Rallys going on where you can express yourself freely. You really don't need to bring them into widereaching alliance chat. Get a private room like when me and the other brown dudes get together for our weekly White Genocide jam session.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
to be completely fair, gluttony and opticalrape are both equally big spergs who both care equally about being perceived as good and looking cool in albion online

both are failing

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah, but SDS took the effort to say "Racism is bad on Discord". That is a hard stance to take on Cotton Picker Simulator 2017. I'm happy did the thing. Thanks for highlighting all that good work forums member OpticalRape.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

Yeah, but SDS took the effort to say "Racism is bad on Discord". That is a hard stance to take on Cotton Picker Simulator 2017. I'm happy did the thing. Thanks for highlighting all that good work forums member OpticalRape.

I agree with this man's post, in a thread what includes a lot of shitposting.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

FormerFatty posted:

Rule #1 -- It's okay to die in a PVP game.

Rule #2 -- It's way more fun to make the other team die:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_-27cg91oM

p.s.

I see a lot of poo poo talk in this thread about how "the game sucks because all you can do is PVP" -- what the gently caress else do you need to do in a game besides kill people, loot them, talk poo poo, and get rich?

As someone who played UO for 20 years I dont see myself leaving this game anytime soon... killing dudes and making them cry will never get old to a corp por man.

Because that alone isn't enough to sustain a player base. This game is just flat out lacking content. UO launched 20 years ago with 10x the stuff to do than AO has right now.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

Because that alone isn't enough to sustain a player base. This game is just flat out lacking content. UO launched 20 years ago with 10x the stuff to do than AO has right now.

Yeah it had tons of content like

click rock (lol if you actually did this and didn't run EasyUO/UOA)
provoke ogre
provoke dragon
provoke balron
tame dragon
all kill ogre
all kill dragon
all kill balron

I don't know what hosed up set of rose-eyed goggles people have strapped to their face, but UO's content was limited to the same thing as AO: kill mob, hit rock, kill mans.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
I just kill mans

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Suxpool posted:

to be completely fair, gluttony and opticalrape are both equally big spergs who both care equally about being perceived as good and looking cool in albion online

Wait what? I dont give a gently caress how I look(fat) online -- I care about running a fun and "successful" group... having people spam N word or other poo poo in alliance chat doesnt help achieve either of those things.

I also fully admit I am a newb and the majority of us embrace the fact that people call us T4 trash... #newbInPurple

quote:

both are failing

I still dont understand -- prior to AC coming here and helping organize a goon guild for AO launch there was going to be no goon presence in this game because goons had been poorly run/poo poo on in betas. I dont think we're necessarily "winning" (can you win in a sandbox) but to say we're failing is pretty hilarious compared to how badly previous SA groups fared in Albion ;)

I never played EVE and while I agree that goonfleet is THE gold standard for goon guilds(and what I modeled my UO, Darkfall, and now AO goon guilds after) I find it hard to imagine that goonfleet was one of the top alliances within 1 month of a launch that had been in an active beta for 2 years. Rome wasnt built in a day, it was built in like 19 days or some poo poo.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

FireWhizzle posted:

provoke ogre
provoke dragon
provoke balron
tame dragon
all kill ogre
all kill dragon
all kill balron

I don't know what hosed up set of rose-eyed goggles people have strapped to their face, but UO's content was limited to the same thing as AO: kill mob, hit rock, kill mans.

Taming, barding are a bit more than what albion has. They also had thievery, carpentry. They had clothing dying. They had a much better working notoriety system than albion has currently. In world player housing. Their mob diversity was far better both on the surface and in dungeon.

Before release the last time I played albion online was early 2015. What the gently caress did they do in that time because it feels practically the same.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

I mean -- I took a pretty goon approach at first by allowing the old(2000's) goon culture to run rampant in the guild/alliance and as a result was crucified by goons(in this thread and elsewhere) for being racist/sexist/confederate momument supporter.

Now that we've made an effort clean up that unnecessary bullshit I get called a "fake goon" or w/e... bad news for you guys: goons are just losers who spent $10 on a forum... if you paid $10 for DPPH, NMP3z, or filez like me you're less of a loser, but still a loser.... #loser.

We all agreed that there was no need for open racism in the alliance(especially in public alliance chat, etc) as it really adds nothing and only causes issues.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

vermeul posted:

I just kill mans

To me the end game is 2 things:

1. Killing the most mans, maybe taking their houses, and definitely their drinking tears
2. Becoming Bill Gates rich so you can pay pubbies 250k to spam your name for an hour in Thetford
[

quote="Zotix" post="475863829"]
Taming, barding are a bit more than what albion has. They also had thievery, carpentry. They had clothing dying. They had a much better working notoriety system than albion has currently. In world player housing. Their mob diversity was far better both on the surface and in dungeon.

Before release the last time I played albion online was early 2015. What the gently caress did they do in that time because it feels practically the same.
[/quote]

For sure there were little cosmetic things in UO that made it unique: chess in game, the clothing system, housing, etc -- however that poo poo isnt what made UO successful; the sandbox nature of the game did -- the same sandbox nature that AO has recreated pretty well.

p.s.

In talking with the Devs they are 100% going to be putting out content like this but their priority was getting a pretty functional game out of beta and ready for release... aside from their DDOS issues; I'd say they accomplished their objective.

p.p.s.

The devs loved UO and loved EVE -- theyve essentially said they made a game they love to play and will keep improving it and adding content to keep it something they love to play. Having dealt with the dev teams in numerous MMOs; these guys have been by far the best in terms of their vision(risk vs. reward done right) AND in terms of their interaction with the community. In Bercilak I Trust.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So how does a game launch with that poo poo in 1997, but Albion can't in 2017?

forge
Feb 26, 2006

FormerFatty posted:

Wait what? I dont give a gently caress how I look(fat) online -- I care about running a fun and "successful" group... having people spam N word or other poo poo in alliance chat doesnt help achieve either of those things.

I also fully admit I am a newb and the majority of us embrace the fact that people call us T4 trash... #newbInPurple

I still dont understand -- prior to AC coming here and helping organize a goon guild for AO launch there was going to be no goon presence in this game because goons had been poorly run/poo poo on in betas. I dont think we're necessarily "winning" (can you win in a sandbox) but to say we're failing is pretty hilarious compared to how badly previous SA groups fared in Albion ;)

I never played EVE and while I agree that goonfleet is THE gold standard for goon guilds(and what I modeled my UO, Darkfall, and now AO goon guilds after) I find it hard to imagine that goonfleet was one of the top alliances within 1 month of a launch that had been in an active beta for 2 years. Rome wasnt built in a day, it was built in like 19 days or some poo poo.

Don't poo poo on previous good goon leaders like Blazing and Suzera please..

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Zotix posted:

So how does a game launch with that poo poo in 1997, but Albion can't in 2017?

Because Lord British didn't recreate the game 5 times in a row from 2014 to 2017.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

forge posted:

Because Lord British didn't recreate the game 5 times in a row from 2014 to 2017.

jajajajaja

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
So when's the ban wave coming?

OpticalRape
Nov 26, 2010

FormerFatty posted:

:allears:

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

forge posted:

Don't poo poo on previous good goon leaders like Blazing and Suzera please..

Ahhh brother -- you know I didnt mean it like that; blazing is a chill rear end dude who I miss(along with you too, doug). I truly wish you guys would come back and hop on board for the big win but at the same time I'm not here to be petty and tell ellipses or whatever "THERES THESE 2 YOUTHS(yutes) THAT BETRAYED ME #blacklist" though tbh, I did consider it because you know how I feel about people on some master splinter poo poo ;)

You guys put in some real work, especially you forge, that we will forever be thankful for your help in getting goons back on AO and up to speed/transitioned into being a player in the game... praise be.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
UO was great because of the people, the game was also great and way more intricate and detailed taking a ton of inspiration from text based MUDs of the time.

AO doesn't have the massive diversity of people that UO had at release, but it does have some, and at least everyone in the world is mushed into the same pit to duke it out.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

FireWhizzle posted:

provoke ogre
provoke dragon
provoke balron
tame dragon
all kill ogre
all kill dragon
all kill balron

it did have one key feature for me that no other game has atm. putting down and picking up items on the ground. laugh if you like, but i spent a lot of time building mazes in the open world out of impassable objects and luring idiots into them while other dudes with the hiding skill jumped out and made the first dude(s) fall over. #emergentbuzzwords

bodyblocking or hogging tiles in a cramped area with a mass of bodies or objects was interesting. killing dudes with melee only in said cramped buildings or w/e was a possible and fun diversion from the meta of exp eb ms eq katana all kill spam. the entire house system and idocs was interesting as well. im sure theres other things that im not remembering because i havent played in a decade. point is, uo wasnt a complete wasteland of choices as you make it to be. ao otoh is lacking some sand and shovels and im not sure itll ever get more seeing as sbi is hell bent on redesigning stuff many times over as opposed to creating new stuff. unless were counting the arena 5v5 mode

ill be glad to be proven wrong though because ao has the basics down pat

FormerFatty posted:

Ahhh brother -- you know I didnt mean it like that; blazing is a chill rear end dude who I miss(along with you too, doug). I truly wish you guys would come back and hop on board for the big win but at the same time I'm not here to be petty and tell ellipses or whatever "THERES THESE 2 YOUTHS(yutes) THAT BETRAYED ME #blacklist" though tbh, I did consider it because you know how I feel about people on some master splinter poo poo ;)

You guys put in some real work, especially you forge, that we will forever be thankful for your help in getting goons back on AO and up to speed/transitioned into being a player in the game... praise be.

we left with ourselves, one other guy and didnt steal anything on the way out. is that a splinter? [pushes glasses up nose and wheezes] well technically, blazing, in the codex goonicus....

either way, i dont think us hanging around saying things you didnt want to hear would have helped anyone. you, us or the guild

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

is that a splinter?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

D-Pad posted:

They announced their ban on zoomhacks because so much of the playerbase actively used them that they didn't want to kill their game overnight. The fact that you can use cheat engine to undetectedly speedhack, zoomhack, teleport hack and cdr/animation cancel hack basically makes this game more meaningless than it already is.

The only way they ban people for cheats and hacks is observation, hopefully that changes soon.

It's physically impossible for albion online to ever win the cheating arms race, especially when they're two decades behind and their game is already in the final stages of decline.

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 29, 2017

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

it did have one key feature for me that no other game has atm. putting down and picking up items on the ground. laugh if you like, but i spent a lot of time building mazes in the open world out of impassable objects and luring idiots into them while other dudes with the hiding skill jumped out and made the first dude(s) fall over. #emergentbuzzwords

bodyblocking or hogging tiles in a cramped area with a mass of bodies or objects was interesting. killing dudes with melee only in said cramped buildings or w/e was a possible and fun diversion from the meta of exp eb ms eq katana all kill spam. the entire house system and idocs was interesting as well. im sure theres other things that im not remembering because i havent played in a decade. point is, uo wasnt a complete wasteland of choices as you make it to be. ao otoh is lacking some sand and shovels and im not sure itll ever get more seeing as sbi is hell bent on redesigning stuff many times over as opposed to creating new stuff. unless were counting the arena 5v5 mode

ill be glad to be proven wrong though because ao has the basics down pat

It also didnt have any territory system, any crafting worth a gently caress, and the PVP mechanics are garbage compared to MOBA style PVP(things have progressed in 20 years, who knew). AO feels a lot like UO to me and I'm about as UO as they come.

quote:

we left with ourselves, one other guy and didnt steal anything on the way out. is that a splinter? [pushes glasses up nose and wheezes] well technically, blazing, in the codex goonicus....

either way, i dont think us hanging around saying things you didnt want to hear would have helped anyone. you, us or the guild

Yea -- you guys are chill in my book, i dont consider you traitors or anything(not that it would matter). I do wish you had come to me with concerns/complaints prior to dipping but its all good...next man up and all that.

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

FormerFatty posted:

AO feels a lot like UO to me and I'm about as UO as they come.

Please don't compare this steaming pile to UO.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

The only way they ban people for cheats and hacks is observation, hopefully that changes soon.

It's physically impossible for albion online to ever win the cheating arms race, especially when they're two decades behind and their game is already in the final stages of decline.

It won't. The game offloads way too much information/tasking clientside, and would require a fundamental rework of their entire code/game to get any kind of appreciable anti-cheat working. This was known, and has been complained about, since the first alpha. It was never fixed, likely because they either didn't have the resources/code was flawed from the start.

The cheating/botting will only get worse once the more sophisticated makers hop into the fray, provided Albion has enough of a playerbase left to support the effort.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

It won't. The game offloads way too much information/tasking clientside, and would require a fundamental rework of their entire code/game to get any kind of appreciable anti-cheat working. This was known, and has been complained about, since the first alpha. It was never fixed, likely because they either didn't have the resources/code was flawed from the start.

The cheating/botting will only get worse once the more sophisticated makers hop into the fray, provided Albion has enough of a playerbase left to support the effort.

They don't wanna waste money on it, the game has already earned 97% of it's total money it will ever make, so they're just coasting at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Christ, reading this thread has only provided me with further justification for why I disappeared. Boring rear end game and a crumbling guild that spends too much time trying to "win" and not enough time having fun, like we used to. We were not and from I can gather, still aren't, really winning. I didn't realize Albion Online's features included obnoxious arguing neckbeards. It was good seeing a lot of you again for the short time I played, but gently caress Albion Online. Game is awful.

PsychicToaster fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Aug 30, 2017