Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

My free pulls were: a 4* Stahl and another useless 4*Merric. Does any unit want spur res?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

FartingBedpost posted:

What unit likes Darting Blow 3? Tharja and Nino already have it. I'm pretty much between Cordelia and Palla, who have tri adept, or Hinoka and Fir, because Fir is my meme character right now and Hinoka's A skill is okay. But none of them really seem to need/want that skill.

Honestly, it's just a good default A skill if you don't have anything in particular you want. Most recently I put it on MMarth and I was actually pretty surprised at how much more effective she was

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Take Merric out of the loving 5* pool

+DEF Merric is a surprisingly great physical tank, and he's very handy to have on hand in Arena Assault when you come across a flier team.

Plus, he's not Boey.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I accidentally sent home a Klein and I hate myself

I guess that's one excuse to pick CYL Ike and brave colorless hell for Lyn

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

FartingBedpost posted:

What unit likes Darting Blow 3? Tharja and Nino already have it. I'm pretty much between Cordelia and Palla, who have tri adept, or Hinoka and Fir, because Fir is my meme character right now and Hinoka's A skill is okay. But none of them really seem to need/want that skill.

Palla's default weapon already has Triangle Adept baked in. :psyduck: Did you give her a different weapon, or something? If she has her default, Darting Blow works pretty well on her.

For my free pulls off the banner I got... a 3* Oliva for merging and the Hector banner didn't give me any greens so I picked the red. 5* Chrom. What. Lousy nature, so I merged him with the +atk one I drew ages ago. Guess I have to do something with him now...

For my free CYL hero I will most definitely pick Lyn. I am in dire need of a decent archer and getting one that can get Horse buffs and no-sells Blade Tomes and DC units? YES PLEASE.

The only question is do I put her on my main Cav team or the second string? Main Cav team is Xander, Camus, Reinhardt, Cecilia. Second string is going to be Freddie, Ursula, Leo, and...hadn't quite decided on the fourth.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
im getting lyn and pulling colorless for more lyns because i live on the edge

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Outside of Lyn, I think the only actual unit I want is Ike. I seriously don't need any more blues, and Roy is just another not-tank red on my roster of glass cannons.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Tae posted:

Outside of Lyn, I think the only actual unit I want is Ike. I seriously don't need any more blues, and Roy is just another not-tank red on my roster of glass cannons.

Likewise. I'm out of orbs to try to get All the Lyns.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

AverySpecialfriend posted:

enjoy your jakobs

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Silver Falcon posted:

Palla's default weapon already has Triangle Adept baked in. :psyduck:

Yes.

quote:

Did you give her a different weapon, or something? If she has her default, Darting Blow works pretty well on her.

Yes, and I think that's who's getting it, and maybe Hinoka for now, since I just pulled my third Florina.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wish Ike and Roy swapped colors. I seriously need to pull red to refresh my stock of Hinatas but it's Roy

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

FartingBedpost posted:

Yes.

Yes, and I think that's who's getting it, and maybe Hinoka for now, since I just pulled my third Florina.

All right. I was confused. I put Darting Blow on my Palla, also Drag Back. If she doesn't kill something, she can drag it back for her friends to finish off. Mine could probably double more things if she were +spd, but mine is not.

I'm drowning in Florinas so I can give Darting Blow to basically anybody I want. I would just about kill for a Hinoka, though. She's the last piece I need to do Flier Emblem for real!

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Silver Falcon posted:

All right. I was confused. I put Darting Blow on my Palla, also Drag Back. If she doesn't kill something, she can drag it back for her friends to finish off. Mine could probably double more things if she were +spd, but mine is not.

I'm drowning in Florinas so I can give Darting Blow to basically anybody I want. I would just about kill for a Hinoka, though. She's the last piece I need to do Flier Emblem for real!

No worries, my Palla build is either going to break new ground or be a mess lol. Draw back seems so useful for something like Palla, but I haven't gotten a Gwendolyn or Donnel in awhile.

And I'm pretty sure I sold my soul for Hinoka, because I got her and SCorrin after a casual "preparing a sacrifice for SCorrin" comment.

Edit: by break new ground I mean basically it'll make me feel proud of myself.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 28, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

AverySpecialfriend posted:

I'm doing the same thing, except it's because I need a Brave Bow for her.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Clarste posted:

I'm doing the same thing, except it's because I need a Brave Bow for her.
I have one Gordin and one Klein, but don't want to get rid of my only ones. I also need to make some space for heroes, but I don't have many more I want to get rid of (I'm at 193/200). Also I like Ike/Hector/Lucina more, but I'm thinking about supporting Chrom in the begginning. I now have a 5*+1 Chrom with Aether/Heavy Blade/(QR or Renewal, not sure which I like more, prob QR)/Threaten Att Chrom to use.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Wait, you can only have 1 of each seal equipped at once? I've been switching my hp seal around as needed, just got this second one.
But it's not showing it as equippable, only the one that i have on Xander so far.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Wait, you can only have 1 of each seal equipped at once? I've been switching my hp seal around as needed, just got this second one.
But it's not showing it as equippable, only the one that i have on Xander so far.

You can only have one copy of each seal. If you get another copy it turns into 300 feathers

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

cheetah7071 posted:

You can only have one copy of each seal. If you get another copy it turns into 300 feathers

Oh, well that's still useful i guess.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

For hp specifically, the squad assault 1 reward is identical

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Pulled two Hectors. Should I train +Atk/-Res or +Spd/-HP?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Senerio posted:

The 1st one. +SPD is by far the most worthless it's ever going to be on a Hector.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Senerio posted:

I don't have a Hector but I suspect +atk/-res is his best nature possible so I would go with that

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
+spd hectors minorly annoy me in arena by not dying instantly to YTiki

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

I have like 8 Faes and 8 Hawkeyes, all at 4*. I need roster space but Renewal and Death Blow are good inheritance fodder ugh.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I built up a +ATK Leon with the Brave Bow setup but now I feel like I should feed him to CYL!Lyn... but I like Leon more. I don't know what to do :smith:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

big trivia FAIL posted:

I have like 8 Faes and 8 Hawkeyes, all at 4*. I need roster space but Renewal and Death Blow are good inheritance fodder ugh.

Fae with Lighting Breath+ is a legitimately good unit

Also give me some :(

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Elyv posted:

Fae with Lighting Breath+ is a legitimately good unit

fae with lb+ is a good unit... as long as she isn't -def nature like mine :(

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
So I have four 4* Fae sitting around taking up space. I already sacrificed 2 to give Lucina and Masked Marth Renewal. Are there any other units that go well with Renewal? I was considering Chrom, but I don't ever use Chrom. Renewal is a good enough skill that I don't want to just toss it away, but I haven't really looked into who else could benefit from it.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

LightningSquid posted:

I built up a +ATK Leon with the Brave Bow setup but now I feel like I should feed him to CYL!Lyn... but I like Leon more. I don't know what to do :smith:

There are always other brave bow users and other inheritance fodder. Don't burn a character you like unless you have 5 extra you aren't merging into them already.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

big trivia FAIL posted:

Same but I only have one Fae. Amelia could really use Renewal, but this one's an actual good nature, so I'm hesitant to sac her. The last one I had was -spd so I didn't feel any guilt for feeding her to "Marth." Plus, I'd like to set up an all dragon team and she's the only green dragon.

I've never even drawn a Hawkeye.

EDIT: Actually, checking my Fae again, she's +def/-res which seems counterproductive for a unit who's supposed to be a tank. Is that right?

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 28, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

FartingBedpost posted:

There are always other brave bow users and other inheritance fodder. Don't burn a character you like unless you have 5 extra you aren't merging into them already.

It's hard to draw archers when everyone tells you to avoid colorless hell, tbh.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Would have been nice to get a good unit, I must be a bad roller. What's worse, I got two 4* Ninos, when I already have a really good 5*; and nowI have to decide to either merge, promote and merge, or inherit to another caster.

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 28, 2017

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Does a 5* Cherche with Brave Axe and 49 Attack and 32 Def want Luna, Draconic Aura, or Bonfire? Currently has 52 Atk due to Atk+3, may get Death Blow 3 some day, no plans to ever merge with other Cherches

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Clarste posted:

It's hard to draw archers when everyone tells you to avoid colorless hell, tbh.

I mean, if you want more archers, you should draw from the orb that gets you them. I'm pretty sure the golden rule is "don't roll from orbs you don't want". Colorless just sucks a little more because of the multitude of different classes in it, but I've gotten a looot of Gordins on colorless pulls.

Edit: My Cherche has basically the same build with Death Blow, and Draconic Aura does work in and out of Flier emblem.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

You gotta roll colorless to get Setsuna the Cool Weed Archer.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Hector beats Chrom, Ike beats Roy, Lucina beats Lyn (???), Bapbowl 2017 is a total toss-up

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I have only ever rolled 3 heroes with death blow, 4 if you count Alfonse :(

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Hector beats Chrom, Ike beats Roy, Lucina beats Lyn (???), Bapbowl 2017 is a total toss-up

I see Chrom winning, but that's a toss up. Ike and Lucina are definitely winning, and I think Camilla is probably winning. Tharja, Camilla, or Lucina probably the champ though.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Training up a -ATK Ninian is so sloooow, even with TA. The only thing she actually kills in one turn is low res sword units.

Elyv posted:

I don't have a Hector but I suspect +atk/-res is his best nature possible so I would go with that
-RES is pretty good, but it means he dies bit easier to some of the ridiculous Reinhardts you see in arena. -SPD is a bit better I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I mean, we've already seen that Lyn won the original vote. I can't imagine it'll be all that different from the CYL results.