Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Important IDP news

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/902002456829329408

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Did my 8-man 2QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FLX draft tonight as the first pick. I had pretty much prepared my draft to grab some mid range QBs and stock up elsewhere, but unlike the last few years QBs went really slow. Luck went in the 11th round (of course one pick before I was able to grab him there). So I think I adapted on the fly alright

QB: Brees (5), Mariota (7)
RB: David Johnson (1), Marshawn Lynch (4), Bilal Powell (9), Frank Gore (10), Jonathan Stewart (14)
WR: Michael Thomas (2), Michael Crabtree (6), Larry Fitzgerald (8), Sammy Watkins (11), Brandon Marshall (12), Pierre Garcon (13)
TE: Gronk (3)
K: Dan Bailey (15)
DEF: Jaguars (16)

Since it's an 8-man league, everyone has superstar teams, so though I feel like I have solid WRs, I'm not sure if I sacrificed WR too much for stronger QB and TE positions. I'm hoping Gronk somewhat makes up for it since he's almost a WR by himself.

Also, for fun facts, first defense went in the 10th (Denver), first kicker went in the 11th (Gostkowski)

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 28, 2017

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Goddammit. I joined a work league at my new job and we've been doing the first few rounds of the draft through email before finishing it all up tomorrow. Well, the GM has been posting injury info in the thread and telling everyone who's going to benefit. I know the guy is just trying to help everyone out because no one wants to be the one who drafts an injured player, but it's a $50 entry and at that amount I don't think it's too much to ask that people take 5 minutes to look up NFL headlines before they make their picks.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
12 team Yahoo non PPR league draft tonight - picked 12th. Rip me a new one

Julio Jones WR ATL (1/12)
Jordan Howard RB CHI (2/1)
Tyreek Hill WR KC (3/12)
Mark Ingram RB NO (4/1)
Kirk Cousins QB WAS (5/12)
Martavis Bryant WR PIT (6/1)
Mike Gillislee RB NE (7/12)
Kyle Rudolph TE MIN (8/1)
Tyrell Williams WR CHARGERS (9/12)
John Brown WR ARI (10/1)
Cairo Santos K KC(11/12)
Theo Riddick DET (12/1)
Carolina D (13)

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Keith Atherton posted:

12 team Yahoo non PPR league draft tonight - picked 12th. Rip me a new one

Julio Jones WR ATL (1/12)
Jordan Howard RB CHI (2/1)
Tyreek Hill WR KC (3/12)
Mark Ingram RB NO (4/1)
Kirk Cousins QB WAS (5/12)
Martavis Bryant WR PIT (6/1)
Mike Gillislee RB NE (7/12)
Kyle Rudolph TE MIN (8/1)
Tyrell Williams WR CHARGERS (9/12)
John Brown WR ARI (10/1)
Cairo Santos K KC(11/12)
Theo Riddick DET (12/1)
Carolina D (13)

What kind of league is this that Julio lasts until the 12th pick? Team looks great, you got good value in the Martavis and John Brown picks. I'd drop Riddick, he has little value in 0 PPR.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

coronaball posted:

What kind of league is this that Julio lasts until the 12th pick?

Commissioner spooked everyone else by saying something about the Super Bowl hangover thing. Matt Ryan went way late too. Drunkenness played a factor

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Drafted Saturday night in my 8 team lead of idiots (myself included), standard NFL.com:

That probably won't be my starting lineup. Pretty happy overall, tell me why I'm wrong.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's hard to rate a team in an 8-team league because every team is stacked. It's almost impossible to draft a bad team.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

12 team PPR (jordan howard was my 14th round keeper) -- I think my team is pretty stacked

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
14 Team Standard, 4pt Passing TD, last night.

Feeling pretty good (except about Rivers playing Denver and KC 2x).

QB: Rivers
RB: Melving Gordon, Gurley, Crowell, Doug Martin, Rawls
WR: Allen Robinson, Kelvin benjamin, Golden Tate, Larry Fitz, Corey Coleman
TE: Bennet, Zach Miller
K: Who care? (Lutz)
Def: Rams

WR is a bit eh, but should be serviceable as it's not PPR. Thoughts?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

railroad terror posted:

12 team PPR (jordan howard was my 14th round keeper) -- I think my team is pretty stacked

Looks pretty good. Especially if Abdullah gets hurt again.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

(He won't)

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

In my draft last week (PPR), I picked up Kareem Hunt, and now that his stock is rising someone offered me Mark Ingram for him. I'm inclined not to accept since I think Hunt has great upside and I want to sit on him. The rest of my RB corps is DeMarco Murray, Beast Mode, Bilal Powell, and Duke Johnson (plus some other late round fliers). Thoughts?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have my 10 team, 25 roster spot dynasty startup auction draft tonight. I still have basically no idea what the values for players should be or any type of strategy whatsoever. I guess I'm just going to wing it. I will post my hilariously terrible draft results tonight or tomorrow for you all to laugh at. God help me.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Slamburger posted:

In my draft last week (PPR), I picked up Kareem Hunt, and now that his stock is rising someone offered me Mark Ingram for him. I'm inclined not to accept since I think Hunt has great upside and I want to sit on him. The rest of my RB corps is DeMarco Murray, Beast Mode, Bilal Powell, and Duke Johnson (plus some other late round fliers). Thoughts?

I have them ranked pretty closely, but since Ware is going to be out for a long time, Hunt has less competition for touches than Ingram, making him the safer bet.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

I'm in a 10-man 1PPR, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLX league. Had my draft yesterday and got this, how did I do? Yahoo's draft grade ranked me at the bottom, and that's below a guy who drafted 2 defenses and Cameron Meredith, which makes me think the draft grade is trash.

QB: Brees (3), Rivers (11)
RB: McCoy (1), Gurley (2), Carlos Hyde (6), Doug Martin (10), Duke Johnson (13),
WR: Hopkins (4), Keenan Allen (5), Bryant (7), Willie Snead (8), Eric Decker (12), Cole Beasley (14)
TE: Rudolph (9)
K: Lutz (15)
DEF: ??

I need to get a defense and I'm waffling between dropping Duke for Pittsburgh, ATL, or Philly or taking up a trade offer of Beasley for Houston. Which would be the better choice, or is there another good option I'm missing?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Slamburger posted:

I'd just sit on him.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Hey SA FF thread, glad to see you again. Drafted yesterday in non-PPR, and have a trade proposal on the line.

The offer: My Michael Thomas for his Demaryus Thomas and Adrian Peterson.

My RBs: Jordan Howard, Christian McCaffery, Theo Riddick, Jalen Richard
My WRs: Michael Thomas, Larry Fitz, Adam Theilen, Deshawn Jax, Sterling Shep, Kenny Stills

His RBs: Davonta, McFadden, Gillislee, AP, Zeke, Jacquizz, Latavious Murray
His WRs: Demariyus, Sammy Watkins, Dante Moncreif, Tyler Lockett, Kevin White

AP is obviously a risk and Mike Thomas is one of my big players so I'm leaning toward no. On the other hand, I'm crazy weak on RB.

Who comes out ahead on this one?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Vargo posted:

Hey SA FF thread, glad to see you again. Drafted yesterday in non-PPR, and have a trade proposal on the line.

The offer: My Michael Thomas for his Demaryus Thomas and Adrian Peterson.

My RBs: Jordan Howard, Christian McCaffery, Theo Riddick, Jalen Richard
My WRs: Michael Thomas, Larry Fitz, Adam Theilen, Deshawn Jax, Sterling Shep, Kenny Stills

His RBs: Davonta, McFadden, Gillislee, AP, Zeke, Jacquizz, Latavious Murray
His WRs: Demariyus, Sammy Watkins, Dante Moncreif, Tyler Lockett, Kevin White

AP is obviously a risk and Mike Thomas is one of my big players so I'm leaning toward no. On the other hand, I'm crazy weak on RB.

Who comes out ahead on this one?

Outside of Thomas and Fitz, you're crazy weak at WR too. I wouldn't do it because at this point AP isn't a RB to own. He's 32 and sharing with two other RBs, one of whom is technically the starting RB.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Don't trade your second-round pick (I assume that's where Thomas went) a week before the season even begins

That should be a rule up there somewhere next to "don't sit your studs"

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Benne posted:

Don't trade your second-round pick (I assume that's where Thomas went) a week before the season even begins

That should be a rule up there somewhere next to "don't sit your studs"

Also what he said.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

pubic works project posted:

Outside of Thomas and Fitz, you're crazy weak at WR too. I wouldn't do it because at this point AP isn't a RB to own. He's 32 and sharing with two other RBs, one of whom is technically the starting RB.

Yeah, I'm not happy at all with how my draft went. 11th pick in a 12-person league, so my top two picks were Jordan and Thomas with a looooong stretch to the next pick in order to watch all my backup plans get snatched away.

I'm going to not do this, because yeah, I'm not gonna trade my 2nd-rounder. You're right. I just don't like this team and have the urge to tweak.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
How do people tend to prioritize WRs in a 0 PPR league with a starting lineup of 2 RB and 3 WR (plus a flex)? I know that in 0 PPR, RBs are king, but the 3 WRs might balance it out a bit. With 3, it might be the case that you can play more high-variance WRs than you might feel comfortable playing with just 2. Ended up with, in a 10-team league with that format:

QB: Rodgers
RB: DJ, Zeke, CJA, Ingram, Martin, Henry, Charles
WR: Dez, Martavis, Maclin, Moncrief, Marivn Jones, Kevin White
TE: Eifert

Not super happy with my WR depth but hopefully my RBs can make up for it, especially later in the season.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Vargo posted:

Yeah, I'm not happy at all with how my draft went. 11th pick in a 12-person league, so my top two picks were Jordan and Thomas with a looooong stretch to the next pick in order to watch all my backup plans get snatched away.

I'm going to not do this, because yeah, I'm not gonna trade my 2nd-rounder. You're right. I just don't like this team and have the urge to tweak.

I'd try to move someone towards the end of your WR bench for Jacquizz. Then maybe you can find a diamond in the rough after Doug Martin's suspension is over.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
What's going on with sleeperbot this year? Can you no longer sync your teams to the app?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Have a work draft - $100 buy in - 12 teams.

Standard Espn scoring except PPR, Super Flex and FA Auction

Snake draft. I pulled 2nd pick.

Any advice? I only know of a few sleepers but I'm clueless otherwise

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Looking for some keeper advice. My league bases our keeper on ADP so I'd "lose" that draft pick to keep my preferred player. Kind of split between holding onto Crabtree, Marshall, or Pryor. I also have Hyde and West at RB but am not to keen on keeping either.

I'm leaning Marshall bases on red zone production and his ADP being fairly low. I draft 9 out of 12 so am kind of in a lovely spot and don't want to lose a higher pick if o can help it.

Thoughts ?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Amy Pole Her posted:

Have a work draft - $100 buy in - 12 teams.

Standard Espn scoring except PPR, Super Flex and FA Auction

Snake draft. I pulled 2nd pick.

Any advice? I only know of a few sleepers but I'm clueless otherwise

#2 pick I would probably take Rodgers or DJ.

Superflex is arguably a 2 QB league but with PPR and David Johnson's targets he could be worth it there given RB scarcity.

Either way bump up QBs a lot. I would end the first six rounds with a couple QBs.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Thank you. I've never played superflex so I have zero idea what it does to your draft

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Thank you. I've never played superflex so I have zero idea what it does to your draft

https://www.fantasypros.com/2017/06/2-qb-draft-strategy-guide-fantasy-football/

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

So your superflex slot is basically a competition between your QB2, your RB3/4, your WR3/4, or your TE2. And bearing in mind your normal flex slot is also competing for a RB or WR (usually you don't start a second TE if you can help it)...

12 teams in your league. Every team should roster two good QBs, and some owners probably will want a third lovely QB as a backup. If all teams do that, that's 36 QBs off the board. Even if everyone only rosters 2 QBs, that's 24 QBs owned throughout the season.

Oh hey, the NFL only has 32 teams! poo poo! Some of the starting QBs in the NFL are loving dire. There are a handful of cases where we really don't know who will be starting in week 8, even if there's no injuries.

The result is, positional scarcity is a serious problem. You need two QBs in superflex unless your scoring is super weird, because most of the time you want a QB in that superflex spot. Certainly you want two of the top ~20 QBs in that slot if you can manage it, once you're deep in the weeds and looking at like bryan hoyer or something, then maybe you could put in a stud RB/WR/TE... but you've already got your studs in the other positions starting in their positional slots! Almost any starting QB in the NFL is going to outscore, on average, your RB4, WR4, or TE2. Everyone who understands 2QB leagues will know this and will be trying to grab a decent QB for that slot... so the ADP of QBs should skyrocket.

That said, many fantasy football players are dumb or don't understand this. So you should draft your QB1 very early, but if you think you can get away with it, you might wait and not burn your #2 pick on Rodgers. If a bunch of QBs go off the board before your second pick, then you know the score and should probably go RB-QB-QB for your first three picks. If QBs are not flying off the board in the early rounds, you could go RB-QB-WR-QB or something, to at least get a decent WR1. Once like 12 or 14 QBs are off the board it is time to pull the trigger on your QB2 so you don't get stuck with a lovely guy. And also don't get two QBs with the same bye week; you will already be tempted to roster a third QB (depending on bench depth this might be OK or might not) but you don't want to have to start a lovely wavier wire QB3 on a bye week. With two different bye weeks, you can start a RB/WR/TE in the superflex slot for each of those two weeks and not have to drop depth for a lovely guy and then lose that week anyway.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Has anyone done a dynasty auction startup draft this season yet? I'd really love to see the results of one or two.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Has anyone done a dynasty auction startup draft this season yet? I'd really love to see the results of one or two.

I forgot if you already mentioned any of these, but here are a few more rankings/sources:

FFToolbox. 2016 start up, just use to see approximate auction value for given ranks. Good luck!

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Need a head check before I finalize my keeper selections. Which combo would you rather have in a Superflex league with 6 pt passing tds, .5 PPR. I'm drafting 9th.

Matt Ryan and Lesean McCoy, lose an 8th round pick

OR

Matt Ryan and Derek Carr, lose an 8th round pick

Other potential options would be Matt Ryan/Derek Carr and Keenan Allen for an 8th, or Matt Ryan and Julio Jones for a 3rd and an 8th.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Mikey Purp posted:

Need a head check before I finalize my keeper selections. Which combo would you rather have in a Superflex league with 6 pt passing tds, .5 PPR. I'm drafting 9th.

OR

Other potential options would be Matt Ryan/Derek Carr and Keenan Allen for an 8th, or Matt Ryan and Julio Jones for a 3rd and an 8th.

In a Superflex? I personally would take the two QBs.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Depends on whether I thought I was more likely to get a better QB or RB at that spot. In a vacuum, I favor 2 QB, but I'd go through and take a look at who everyone else is likely to keep and see who you might get in your spot and use that to inform my decision.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Mikey Purp posted:

OR

What running backs and quarterbacks do you anticipate being available to draft at nine?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Good point. Looking like best available QBs will probably be in the Eli Manning/Andy Dalton tier. Best RBs would probably be in the Fournette/Crowell/Miller tier. WRs will be in the Jordy/Dez/Amari tier.

Lookin like I should probably keep the 2 QBs and then take best available RB/WR.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Keeping the 2 QB's and possibly getting Jordy would probably be your best bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
10 man league. 0.5 PPR. An extra 0.5 for 40 yard rushing/catches. 1 point extra if they are TDs (So a 40 yard TD would count as 7.5 pts as opposed to 6)

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
K
DL
DB
LB
LB

Pick #5. Who would you rather have?

LeSean McCoy
Julio Jones
Mike Evans
Devonta Freeman
AJ Green
Jordy Nelson?

I'm liking the idea of grabbing Shady and then not worrying about RB for a while (Maybe grab both Ingram/AP & CJ/Jamaal, Doug Martin/Rodgers later on, etc) and then going balls deep on WRs and a top 5 TE. Alternately, I can really make my pass catchers elite with maybe Top 5 WR/Amari or Baldwin/Gronk/Keenan or Fitzgerald. Although, there is a chance Shady gets picked before me, which at that point I probably need to default to WR although I am high on Freeman.

Our bench is 9 spots.

Also, looks like I need to target DB Landon Collins in the 7th round.

89 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 28, 2017

• Locked thread