Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I bought the parts to make Banshee from the dojo, and later that same night I managed to assemble the parts to make Banshee Prime. They'll both be ready to stick the parts into the main BP when I wake up. So I'll get both the prime and non-prime variant at the same time. Well.

(I also got Nekros and Valkyr prime tonight! :toot:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sepia
Apr 15, 2005
bleach then tone
Anyone want to trade whatever weapons from Suda or Hexis for something from the right hand side? got 125k in each of these and I noticed the only weapon I have from the righties is the secura lecta and the mastery god needs his mastery

ign oedipa

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Janana posted:

I've tried inviting you with and without the space, with no luck - how exactly is your PSN spelled?

Hey Janana sorry I realised the other day its Mr_Wibblesworth

Hopefully it will work this time round

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

comatose posted:

Can I get some recommendations for any decent weapons (primaries, secondaries and melees) to craft? I just hit mastery 7 last night, have the hek, soma and some other junk. Also semi-easy to get frames would be handy too. I've got excalibur, rhino, mag and oberon. Thanks!

If you got access to Steel Meridian syndicate, either by yourself or a friend, try to get Vaykor Marelok. It is one of the top tier secondary. If not but you have a forma, and your clan dojo has it researched, the regular Marelok is also great. Pandero is possibly better than the Marelok in terms of hitting power but the resources might be a pain to get at your level.

Otherwise, if you only wanted secondaries that are reliable without much investment, the throwing weapons, Kunai, Hikou, Spira are all solid choices as long as you're fine with non-hitscan, arching projectiles.

If you're strapped for resources, you can buy Sicarus, Braton and Burston for credits and they're not awful and good for mastery rank. Most of the weapons are not terrible, except the MK-1s.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Point and laugh at him for taking Warframe of all things so seriously?

I'm still amused by the fact that the top tier of his spreadsheet is "competitive" despite Warframe being a PVE game.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

The disclaimers are honestly my favorite parts, especially the one about YouTubers.

quote:

Concerning Youtubers

This list is here to provide the community with an idea of what to expect from any given weapon or warframe. Objective knowledge is important no matter how you spin it. Please do not slander the work done here based on your own personal views on whether or not this game "needs" a definitive tier list. Everything shown here is ranked based on raw data, and unfortunately, some weapons and warframes are simply worse variants of another, or are irredeemable without rivens.

I actually still like the list, but the thing that annoys me is that he'll mention "X frame's normal build" when I have no idea what that means for some of them.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Geez I didn't even read that. He's misguided enough to put melee weapons with 30% status chance in the low 50's, which is amusing.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
:siren:This is a newbie giveaway contest for PC:siren:

Under mr12 is eligible for this contest.

You need to illustrate through whatever means you would like either MSpaint or Photoshop or ingame screenshots what happens after a goon says AFK BRB GTP.

1st place: Soma prime set
2nd and 3rd: blue and gold potato + forma pack.

Hopefully this is a decent contest!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Washout posted:

You need to illustrate through whatever means you would like either MSpaint or Photoshop or ingame screenshots what happens after a goon says AFK BRB GTP.

Not sure if this counts, but this is the first thing I saw when I went to the dojo for the first time just now:

/edit: changed to a better pic :v:

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

wid posted:

If you got access to Steel Meridian syndicate, either by yourself or a friend, try to get Vaykor Marelok. It is one of the top tier secondary. If not but you have a forma, and your clan dojo has it researched, the regular Marelok is also great. Pandero is possibly better than the Marelok in terms of hitting power but the resources might be a pain to get at your level.

Otherwise, if you only wanted secondaries that are reliable without much investment, the throwing weapons, Kunai, Hikou, Spira are all solid choices as long as you're fine with non-hitscan, arching projectiles.

If you're strapped for resources, you can buy Sicarus, Braton and Burston for credits and they're not awful and good for mastery rank. Most of the weapons are not terrible, except the MK-1s.

Thanks! This was super helpful too.

Janana
May 17, 2009

Diamondbacks Baseball: Injuries and Futility R Us

VoLaTiLe posted:

Hey Janana sorry I realised the other day its Mr_Wibblesworth

Hopefully it will work this time round

:toot:

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Washout posted:

I advice the newbie goons to join Tallgeese during a hydron run. Should provide a few opportunities for a good contest entry.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Confession time: never used the Vaykor Hek (until today) and Vaykor Marelok (gonna get it soon). Vaykor Marelok is sort of in-between Pandero and Lex with 30% status chance? That seems like a fun thing to use with Glaive Prime (just like the zakti)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Menstrual Show posted:

I just want you both to be happy.

Anyhow, the guy who made the big tier list keeps updating it. I'm sure not everything is perfect but I've found it to be a fun read over the past couple of months playing this game.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qvJYN9hpPMVePewg6zYhFXTIZqHyR1Gi9dDCfnF0wi4/edit?usp=sharing

Dual Dekurions being viable, Broncos/Akbronco being useful in any situation and Madurai being better than loving Zenurik will never fail to make me laugh, but otherwise this is an admittedly solid list. At least, weapon-wise. "Competitive" is a silly loving word to use for warframe though.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

SSNeoman posted:

Madurai being better than loving Zenurik

hahahahahahaha

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Sazabi posted:

I advice the newbie goons to join Tallgeese during a hydron run. Should provide a few opportunities for a good contest entry.

I was thinking this myself.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Madurai is better cause you get to go

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

SSNeoman posted:

Dual Dekurions being viable, Broncos/Akbronco being useful in any situation and Madurai being better than loving Zenurik will never fail to make me laugh, but otherwise this is an admittedly solid list. At least, weapon-wise. "Competitive" is a silly loving word to use for warframe though.

Bronco Prime is loving puzzling, but Akbroncos can hit 100% status at least. They're pretty strong but the clip size, reload speed, and falloff damage kinda gently caress them.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Imo the tier list thing is fine if you go into it realizing that the author is full of poo poo and is just listing things he likes the best. You can't make objective tier lists like he said, if only because the data presented by different weapons in the same category isn't always compatible.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

This tier list doesn't have Torrid at the top, so it's the best one I've seen.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Akbroncos feel intensely unsatisfying to use, in my experience. They could be king poo poo of murder mountain and I still wouldn't use them.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Much like the twin rogga, the bronco's damage is nowhere near high enough to justify the super small ammo mag and probably still even after the buff they got. But then again they ARE regulated to DE's un-said "poo poo beginner weapons" list. Pretty sure normal broncos don't have any MR restriction, and primes are super low as well.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
twin rogga actually has a niche, there's no falloff on the spread.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The ingame stats disagree on them not having any falloff. :shrug:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

huh maybe they changed it at some point

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Washout posted:

quote:

I stomped into the bathroom and was immediately PHYSICALLY STRUCK by the most powerful odor I have ever, ever encountered. My nose was pretty vixed up, but somehow, my eyeballs felt like they could smell the odor. I swung my wrench before I really looked to see what was going on and totalled what was left of the sink. In the corner of the bath tub I saw Jed writhing around with a golden metallic object in the poo poo lasagna. He was freaking out and screaming. The other thing I noticed was the fire. In the remains of the toilet tank was a bunch of flaming papers, right next to a can of paint thinner. I figured that Jeb threw in the thinner thinking it would burst into flames, but he neglected to uncap the thing. So I grabbed the can of paint thinner and in one swift motion clocked Jeb in the head with it. He started freaking out even more, and at this point I could see that the object he was writhing with in the tub was a saxophone. He seemed to be bleeding all over his head but it was hard to tell because of the poo poo smeared everywhere, coming out onto the floor. The lightbulb was covered in either nail polish or blood.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
It has been a long time since I've read poo poo Lasagna. I thought everyone had forgotten about it.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nalesh posted:

huh maybe they changed it at some point

When they redid shotgun secondaries alongside Harrow's release the twin-rogas gained falloff.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
10 Days later and they still haven't replied to my ticket about being banned while not even playing the game.

My favorite part is in the FAQ section about "Why am I banned?" it links to a forum thread to read more about why you might have been banned but you can't read it... because you are banned.

10/10 GOTY

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Make another ticket, they ban people when their accounts go inactive for "security"

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I probably should pick a frame/set of weapons I like and dump some forma in them, so that I have a good main, rather than just using everything unformaed and just sticking whatever mods fit in them.

Problem is, what if I get a different frame that I really like? Current ones that I'm considering is either Nova Prime, Hydroid, Nyx or Mesa, I have and like the latter three, while I think Nova Prime just looks pretty cool and the powers that I've seen look pretty great, and I spent some platinum getting the chassis last night to start building it.

Weapons are probably much easier to choose, though I might want to get the prime version of Silva & Aegis, and I'm not sure what rank I need to be for Vaykor Hek, or I could just hold out until Rank 12 for the Sancti Tigris.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Colgate posted:

I probably should pick a frame/set of weapons I like and dump some forma in them, so that I have a good main, rather than just using everything unformaed and just sticking whatever mods fit in them.

Problem is, what if I get a different frame that I really like? Current ones that I'm considering is either Nova Prime, Hydroid, Nyx or Mesa, I have and like the latter three, while I think Nova Prime just looks pretty cool and the powers that I've seen look pretty great, and I spent some platinum getting the chassis last night to start building it.

Weapons are probably much easier to choose, though I might want to get the prime version of Silva & Aegis, and I'm not sure what rank I need to be for Vaykor Hek, or I could just hold out until Rank 12 for the Sancti Tigris.

Mesa or Nova prime would be my picks for sticking forma in. See if you like Nova first though.

V hek and s Tigris require the same mastery. But regular hek is pretty much as good as v hek until you get some real expensive mods.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nova and Mesa for sure.

Mesa murders everything and Nova is your best friend for farming anything because you can go below 100% power and it makes enemies speed up.

Much, much faster defense missions.

Also her boring old molecular prime really increases survivability on any mission.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
It also trivializes interception missions, almost cheating.

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011

SSNeoman posted:

So before the last round of shotgun secondary buffs you would have been right about the akbroncos, but the prime version just got a massive buff. I put 4 forma in my akbronco prime because I enjoyed the stupid thing, and it was garbage. Then the buff came around and they got something like x3 the damage they used to, and suddenly I can take em into t3 sorties as my primary weapon and have no issues with em outside of their stupidly short range. Maybe you should try em again because they are actually good now.

Then I went and got a riven for em, because I still love the stupid little things, and re rolled till I got an almost perfect one, and they are one of my stronger weapons.

ldragon fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 29, 2017

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Akbronco Prime, Bronco Prime and Twin Rogga hit like goddamn semi-trucks now (the full size truck is still Tigris Prime). So it really depends whether you can deal with the range fall off and reload time or not. I've also been playing with Pyrana and aside from the damage fall off, it's a fun pocket shotgun that murders spacemans fast. I'd imagine they'd be great once dual wielding adds swords.

Didn't bother trying out regular Bronco and Akbronco though so I can't say much about them.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

There are some build videos for Pyrana that claim it's one of the strongest weapons in the game, so there's that.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

There are some build videos for Pyrana that claim it's one of the strongest weapons in the game, so there's that.

I picked up the Pyrana on a whim because I wanted a shotgun pistol to use with Harrow and it's awesome.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Washout posted:

I would like to make my official submission.

Bioshock: A Composition in Poop, Pee, and Barf

I'm so sorry, Mr. Mondrian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.
Fine goons! I have returned to Warframe after a long absence. Last time I played was just prior to the introduction of Endo and the new star map. So, what are some key things I should be doing/getting/shooting at?