Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Trump said N Korea finally respecting us?? When will the world deal with this menace! Why not done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Wait, he really said that ? :psyduck:

I mean I know were in the chaos insane alternate timeline, but whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat :staredog:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

His narcissism is pretty amazing, I thought he was going to be smart enough to surround himself with intelligent, evil people and let them do their thing.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Viruswithshoes posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/902271990618177536
It's almost like he's trying to make absurd statements on purpose. Like, if you were asked to stand at the lectern and say something profoundly dumb about SHERIFF JOE AS WE LIKE TO CALL HIM, then that's what it'd sound like. Complete denial of reality :downsgun:

I don't have sound right now.... but is he talking about his approval ratings?!?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

SilvergunSuperman posted:

His narcissism is pretty amazing, I thought he was going to be smart enough to surround himself with intelligent, evil people and let them do their thing.

Not intelligent enough to avoid palace intrigue apparently, but who knew you shouldn't run a presidency like a medieval court

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

moskiitto posted:

It sounds like he did it for the ratings. And he even acknowledges it.
I can't anything but lol

Comes across to me as just straight up trolling. He obviously issued the pardon when ratings were lowest and when asked about the timing stayed the flat out opposite kind of as a joke

Edit nevermind he's just lying through his teeth. Not trying to be funny, just straight up lying

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

a new study bible! posted:

I don't have sound right now.... but is he talking about his approval ratings?!?

noooooooope

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

935 posted:

Comes across to me as just straight up trolling. He obviously issued the pardon when ratings were lowest and when asked about the timing stayed the flat out opposite kind of as a joke

what on earth gave you the idea that trump has a sense of humor?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Kumo posted:

lol this motherfucker right here

this stupid arrogant sociopathic piece of poo poo is going to get people killed

P sure he already did.

Unrelated, but does anyone have a good lead on a cheap, modern translation of Bardo Thodol or a comparison of the different translations?

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

jre posted:

noooooooope

Yeah I have no idea how to parse his intention here. He thought that more people would like his decision to pardon Arpaio? He thought that more people would love the way he was president while a hurricane happened? He thought more people would tune into whatever news channels were covering the storm/pardon? (JOBS!)

It's just a strange statement to me.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I think he meant people would be tuning in to see the hurricane so the ratings would be high.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he likes arpaio, the sort of people who attend his rallies like arpaio, so he probably legitimately thought it would be a popular move.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Call Your Grandma posted:

Yeah I have no idea how to parse his intention here. He thought that more people would like his decision to pardon Arpaio? He thought that more people would love the way he was president while a hurricane happened? He thought more people would tune into whatever news channels were covering the storm/pardon? (JOBS!)

You're right. In his trademark defensiveness, he's addressing the criticism he used the hurricane as a distraction. No, in fact he pardoned Arpaio during the hurricane because he knew everyone would be watching the news.

You guys are missing the best part though. It's that while Texas is experiencing the worst natural disaster in her history, he read a bunch of critical tweets about himself and spent an hour writing down bad things Clinton and Obama did.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Call Your Grandma posted:

oompa loompa piss nazi posted:

In the middle of a hurricane, even though it was a friday evening I assumed the ratings would be far higher than they would be normally.

With that context around it, I can't parse it any other way than tv ratings

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress this loving race traitor and gently caress Donald Trump.

Lol Donald Trump is president.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Moola posted:

you can never erase Donald loving Trump from being a president of the united states of America

this is what upset me most about him winning. it's forever.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 28, 2017

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Scyantific posted:

gently caress this loving race traitor and gently caress Donald Trump.

Lol Donald Trump is president.

Also any genuine evangelical that supported Trump was a traitor to his faith.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

935 posted:

Edit nevermind he's just lying through his teeth. Not trying to be funny, just straight up lying

he doesn't tell jokes. he doesn;'t know what humor is. when his aides say he was being sarcastic or joking after he says something insane they're lying.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

jre posted:

With that context around it, I can't parse it any other way than tv ratings

People were dying in a hurricane, and President Donald J'Moron Trump was more concerned about his TV ratings.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Heffer posted:

genuine evangelical

lmao

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-impeachment-warning-republicans-advisers-white-house-removal-odds-655951

lol even his own advisors are now warning him that he's on track for impeachment if he doesn't shut his big dumb mouth and stop making everything worse.

Basically, he can't shut up and not attack ANYone who upsets him. Democrats, repubicans, foreign leaders, celebrities, staff members, etc. He's running out of people to defend him if impeachment comes up. Having a crowd of 1500 in Arkansas clapping for you at a rally can't shield you from millions of unhapy citizens, the entirety of the Democrats, a pissed off Republican party, and articles of impeachment. Sure, those mouth-breathers will STILL worship him after he's eventually out of office but they're sick, brainwashed cult members who don't matter here.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Heffer posted:

Also any genuine evangelical that supported Trump was a traitor to his faith.

I started to think that they don't see trumpo as the holy saint messiah that has come to save them, but probably has something from bible's prophecies that will bring destruction and kill everything but that's okay because that will bring them closer to god faster.

because i have no other idea why someone who is super religious would follow someone who is human garbage.

Edit: I sound so :tinfoil:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

I started to think that they don't see trumpo as the holy saint messiah that has come to save them, but probably has something from bible's prophecies that will bring destruction and kill everything but that's okay because that will bring them closer to god faster.

because i have no other idea why someone who is super religious would follow someone who is human garbage.

pro tip evangelical actually don't care about moral values, they only care if the bozos like Trump will give them even more power to punish others for "sinful" behavior.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Greetings, America! We are nazis! Not like those history book nazis, though. We just want to openly discuss and share ideas about ethnic cleansing! Let's form discussion groups and hey wait why are you balling up your fists? Let's keep things civ

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Desperado Bones posted:

i have no other idea why someone who is super religious would follow someone who is human garbage.

oh my sweet summer child

I remember one commanding reason that was talked about openly was supreme court choices

I have to wonder if evangelical leaders figured trump would protect tax exemptions as well, how else will they afford new jumbotrons in the megachurches

e. I say that because it seems like there was a little more attention being paid to politics in church affairs near the end of Obama's run, and more people asking if churches should continue getting exemptions

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

There was some talk a few weeks ago that he would definitely be impeached soon for his misdeeds. Has he been impeached yet?

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Desperado Bones posted:

Modern American Evangelicalism has always been about, and will always be about the acquisition and display of power. It was originally just within their own lovely communities, but since Jerry Falwell got them politically organized, its about power in social/political issues.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Code Jockey posted:

oh my sweet summer child

I remember one commanding reason that was talked about openly was supreme court choices

I have to wonder if evangelical leaders figured trump would protect tax exemptions as well, how else will they afford new jumbotrons in the megachurches

So, they did it for the all future giant touchdown jesuses out there

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yessssssssssssss

https://twitter.com/McNaughtonArt/status/899703475973406721

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

NotWearingPants posted:

I think he meant people would be tuning in to see the hurricane so the ratings would be high.

I think he's pants shittingly retarded and frequently doesn't know what he means.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Desperado Bones posted:

So, they did it for the all future giant touchdown jesuses out there

forget buttery males, bring me buttery jesuses

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Desperado Bones posted:

Not as :tinfoil: as you'd think. Let me tell you a hopefully-short story.

I grew up in a Jehovah's Witness family. I escaped that cursed cult as soon as I possibly could, though. They are actually a "Christian" doomsday cult. They have a list of bullet points of things that will signal the end of the world, almost all of them being horrible events, and get giddy over what-if conversations about them. The idea of billions of people being killed off in a fiery Armageddon makes them grin. They can't wait for it. Anything signaling the end of times, no matter how terrible it is, is a positive thing to them. For instance, they believe that there will be an increase in natural disasters like flooding, earthquakes, hurrricanes, etc before Armageddon shows up. The fact that the entire world is connected by Internet and TV now means they find out about a lot more natural disasters they wouldn't have known about in, say, the 30s. To them, that means more are occurring. So when they see things like this week's hurricane, they LOVE IT.

So yeah you're probably right. I grew up with those sorts of people.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mammal Sauce posted:

There was some talk a few weeks ago that he would definitely be impeached soon for his misdeeds. Has he been impeached yet?

he's already been impeached, it's happened, and he's been arrested

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

forget buttery males, bring me buttery jesuses

Lol

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Yessssssssssssss

Gives me the same creepy vibe as that painting in Tales from the Hood.

Also:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/McNaughtonArt/status/899703475973406721

quote:

When I decided to paint this picture, I wondered if this was taking it too far. But, sometimes you have to speak forcefully, like the brushstrokes of my painting.

Many Americans have felt forgotten by the establishment in Washington. I’m talking about the people who are more interested in themselves, and their political careers. How many veterans have been neglected? How many of our police officers have been marginalized? How many families are suffering because of poor healthcare, limited opportunities, and government intrusion?

Last year we elected President Trump. He expressed by his words and demeanor what Americans wanted - a man who was not going to bow down to Washington or other countries. A man that would not forget the “forgotten men and women” of this country who elected him. I want a president that will crush the enemies of liberty, justice, and American prosperity. They may have the power to bruise his heel, but he will have the power to crush their head!

*** If you are wondering about the meaning behind Trump stepping on the snake - for me it represents that he will crush the enemies of liberty, justice, and American prosperity. It is an allusion to Genesis 3:15, where in my opinion, God tells Adam that him and his posterity will suffer under Satan, but have the ability to triumph through Christ.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Catastrophe posted:

I grew up in a Jehovah's Witness family.

Is that why you are so uptight?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao oh dear god I thought that was parody

but it's real, it's sincere

that loving look on his face

also the comments on the linked youtube are actually quite humorous and not soulcrushing like most youtube commentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

From Obamas painting