Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

quote:

DEFENDER VISION FILTER IS REMOVED WHEN GOING OUTSIDE

BARBED WIRE EASIER TO WALK THROUGH AND ONE LESS HIT

BANDIT CAN NOW DESTROY HIBANA PELLETS WHILE THEY FUZE.

CROSSHAIRS DON’T TURN RED ON ENEMIES ANYMORE
NO MORE CROSSHAIR HIT MARKERS ON BLACKBEARD’S SHIELD
ENEMY ID ONLY TRIGGERS ON SUCCESSFUL SCANS

I never thought about the crosshair and identification indicator stuff at all but that's a really welcome change actually

quote:

We are quickly approaching the limit of our data sizes, and this will require a rework of how our maps are stored. As a result, we are currently planning on removing maps from the game entirely down the road (not in Season 3).

them not revising this at all, on the other hand :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I love the new weapon skins. Going to for sure get all four of those.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
Smokes looking the same for all players is a huge change too (and super awesome as someone who loving loves smokes).

The ACOG removal for speed 3 ops being defender only makes a lot more sense than taking it from every speed 3

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I thought it said "BORF Update" and now I'm sad it doesn't. I want the most current BORFs.

For real though, these notes are super exciting to see. I can imagine some pretty sweet recon setups with the double drone option, and I've been meaning to try and give Capitao an honest shot (I love the versatility of smokes). Thanks, Hard and friends!

Sdoots fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 28, 2017

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
PlanB...fixed his game!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm happy to see how much support Siege gets still. I never expect that from a developer, especially not UBISoft. Generally even games like this are abandoned by now. This level of content nearing 2 years later is impressive.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If Kafe was the most memory intensive map that shuts down the theory that the "data limit" map removal excuse was actually memory limitations right? Like they are actually removing maps because of harddrive space?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Ohhh wow this is actually a really important change no one has mentioned yet, they changed it so the actual bullet path matches the visual tracer path and impact decals etc. So no more bullets that appear to hit an object directly in front of someone as they leave their gun but still go on to do damage!

"Shooting feedback systems is now more accurate

The shooting feedback systems like bullet tracers, hit reactions like decals on the environment, and threat indicators in the UI were based on a trajectory that started from the weapon muzzle. This led to inconsistencies, as the real bullet trajectory in Rainbow starts from the 1st person camera. Shooting feedback systems are now fully consistent and based on real bullet trajectories. We need to make a shoutout to ExecCS, who is the community member who alerted us on that with a youtube video."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H60M0jCVj1I

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
They're removing maps because favela was bad. they accidentally decided to remove yacht instead of bartlett. hth

my kinda ape posted:

Ohhh wow this is actually a really important change no one has mentioned yet, they changed it so the actual bullet path matches the visual tracer path and impact decals etc. So no more bullets that appear to hit an object directly in front of someone as they leave their gun but still go on to do damage!

"Shooting feedback systems is now more accurate

The shooting feedback systems like bullet tracers, hit reactions like decals on the environment, and threat indicators in the UI were based on a trajectory that started from the weapon muzzle. This led to inconsistencies, as the real bullet trajectory in Rainbow starts from the 1st person camera. Shooting feedback systems are now fully consistent and based on real bullet trajectories. We need to make a shoutout to ExecCS, who is the community member who alerted us on that with a youtube video."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H60M0jCVj1I

It's gonna be goofy to see bullets fly from people's scopes but whatever, better than having glaz snipe you after 3 shots because from your perspective he's hitting the chair in front of him and you don't see where he is.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Going to chill for a few days

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Deltasquid posted:

They're removing maps because favela was bad. they accidentally decided to remove yacht instead of bartlett. hth

Removing Yacht instead of bartlett is the real mystery because Bartlett is loving awful and Yacht is one of the better DLC maps.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I like Favela way more than Yacht or Bartlett. It loving sucks if you get the yellow room objective as defender but the rest of the map has a lot of unique gameplay with all the places you can pop out from.

The solution is to not remove maps from casual, leave that to the tryhard ranked queues.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The worst change by far is you apparently have to cam scan people to ID them now? I hope that gives me the option of disabling ally scans on my valk cams, it's already bad enough as it is when idiot teammates snitch on my cams.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

CJ posted:

The worst change by far is you apparently have to cam scan people to ID them now? I hope that gives me the option of disabling ally scans on my valk cams, it's already bad enough as it is when idiot teammates snitch on my cams.

It's good because the code for IDing people was garbage and you could often scan people multiple times and not ID them even though you were staring at their face for 5 seconds.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Echo's drone should dissipate smoke when used.

Also my friend suggested enclosing the outside staircase on Favelas, the one next to yellow/murderbox. Less exposed walls for that horrible point, and another way for attackers to get in.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Hard posted:

Going to chill for a few days

Nice patch man, the lighting change alone is amazing.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I think y'all are missing this golden patch note:

quote:

Fixed – Doc's 3D model has a hole in the left wrist. Probably should lay off the Stim pistol.

Big congrats to Hard for fixing his game. Can't wait to find out what else is broken!

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Can't wait to find out what else is broken!

This is my biggest concern every time a season hits live but this time with a week on the TTS it should go more smoothly for the following patch.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

CJ posted:

The solution is to not remove maps from casual, leave that to the tryhard ranked queues.

CSGO does something similar to this with different ranked playlists, the main one mirroring the current 'pro' season. The whole 'data assets' thing is nonsense and I'd rather they just openly admit they can't be bothered to keep supporting those maps.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Any idea when the TTS may go live tomorrow? AKA should I stay home and test-poopsock for next weeks real poopsock?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

The Duggler posted:

Any idea when the TTS may go live tomorrow? AKA should I stay home and test-poopsock for next weeks real poopsock?

Are you trying to hit the new level cap for the endgame raids?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Patch notes look pretty good, but...

New patch notes still posted:

We are quickly approaching the limit of our data sizes, and this will require a rework of how our maps are stored. As a result, we are currently planning on removing maps from the game entirely down the road (not in Season 3).

What the gently caress.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My guess is still console data limits. Still a dumb thing though I can understand not wanting to split console and PC development in areas you don't have to.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

My guess is still console data limits. Still a dumb thing though I can understand not wanting to split console and PC development in areas you don't have to.

Bf1 with premium is almost 60GB on ps4 so I still don't buy it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That is so weird. I don't understand that at all. Forza Motorsport 7 on Xbox One is going to be 100GB. Gears of War 4 is 80GB on Xbox. So the idea of removing maps entirely from Siege is super weird.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My guess has now changed to :iiam:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Game is on sale for PS4 1/2 off. What's the state of the game like on PS4? I have been looking for a console shooter to play. I don't like sticks but the 5v5 csgo kinda sorta has me not really caring about that. I have a few people at work I can also play with so it's not like I'm gonna be solo

Why am I even asking this

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

There used to be a console thread. No idea what the status of that is.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

I said come in! posted:

That is so weird. I don't understand that at all. Forza Motorsport 7 on Xbox One is going to be 100GB. Gears of War 4 is 80GB on Xbox. So the idea of removing maps entirely from Siege is super weird.

Dat AWS bill tho

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Admiral Joeslop posted:

There used to be a console thread. No idea what the status of that is.

We are quickly approaching the limit of our data sizes for threads. As a result, some threads have been removed.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Athanatos posted:

We are quickly approaching the limit of our data sizes for threads. As a result, some threads have been removed.

Don't you dare! :p

verbal enema posted:

Game is on sale for PS4 1/2 off. What's the state of the game like on PS4? I have been looking for a console shooter to play. I don't like sticks but the 5v5 csgo kinda sorta has me not really caring about that. I have a few people at work I can also play with so it's not like I'm gonna be solo

Why am I even asking this

Totally unbiased. Just get it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Hard posted:

Totally unbiased. Just get it.

I did and man it downloaded super fast

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

afkmacro posted:

Are you trying to hit the new level cap for the endgame raids?

I singlehandedly create all the pro league strats so it's important I get an early start

e: Fixed – Players that go prone while falling do not make any noise. This should help with drop-shotting through hatches.

:captainpop: loving finally

The Duggler fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 29, 2017

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
is smokes gas supposed to go through roofs and solid walls

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

The Duggler posted:

I singlehandedly create all the pro league strats so it's important I get an early start

be advised i am currently field testing some very advanced cyber tactics myself but at the moment they are [CLASSIFIED]

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

verbal enema posted:

I did and man it downloaded super fast

maybe thats why they're deleting all the maps from the game

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

plehsistential posted:

is smokes gas supposed to go through roofs and solid walls

No.

It absolutely does. No idea if this is fixed.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It absolutely does. No idea if this is fixed.

2dank 2curious

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Goddamnit I want to play my new game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hahah what? All this time i was telling people that "STOP SCANNING ON DRONE ROUND YOU SHITHEADS" it was due to a bug? Goddamn.

I guess now that we got dual drone support would be the best time to fix it though. I like all the bugfixes. Still mad about removing maps and limiting the ranked map pool.

All those small mapfixes mean that people put an amazing amout of care and polish into this game, especially the little stuff like rappel anchors floating a bit in the air on Barlett, it's amazing. This season is gonna be pretty smooth to play.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Aug 29, 2017

• Locked thread