Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Covok posted:

I'm going to assume that the prime minister of Japan and that this is really bad.

No, it was the actual moon

cat tax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Willo567 posted:

Or, you know, the current prime minister of South Korea

Oh, that is the worst scenario that could possibly loving happen.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

South Korean PM is also Moon so who knows

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
The Moon colonies don't have anything resembling a functional military yet, so this threat shouldn't be of any concern.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Won't this just convince North Korea to attack Guam, and that war is imminent

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Hastings posted:

You can almost hear the exact moment he regrets his part in all this, and then Trump decides he needs to go. This was a great speech, but part of me thinks I was only moved because we've dealt with Trump for so long that speaking basic English would come across as a beautiful sonata at this point. There is one blessing to Trump though: what we are seeing is conservatism taken to its full, logical end. This isn't 'a few bad apples' creating this divisiveness. This is that 'compassionate conservatism'. The GOP has always been about otherism and now its happening.

Bush expanded Medicare under that rubric, hard to say that the current republican party as personified by slash the government to the bone types like Ryan and the Tea Party are the logical extension of that. More like compassionate conservatism was an aberration.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Brave New World posted:

The DNC has competency issues, you say?

Probably not the DNC, just those spammers who try to hook the tremendously stupid with things like "Click your age to see how much money Obama will be giving you for your mortgage!"

The tremendously stupid have no idea Trumpcare didn't pass, so this con can work.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

PainterofCrap posted:

As it would turn out...

But due to Little Hand Syndrome, the president will be unable to contain himself from escalating.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

https://twitter.com/YonhapNews/status/902340966215966722

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
World War 3, so what?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Paradoxish posted:

Moon Jae-in, the president of SK. I assume so, anyway.

edit- poo poo like this makes me really uncomfortable, because right now I feel like an unwillingness to escalate on the part of South Korea is mostly what's going to keep Trump from looking at military options.

Liberal heart throb Moon Jae In

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

FWIW before we get crazy, a "show of force" is much different than "Let's loving go to war kill them all." and is something we and SK have done several, several times. It's the other side of dick waving.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Covok posted:

World War 3, so what?

Weren't you relatively calm about North Korea a month ago while freaking out over health care

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

gently caress how long is Moon gonna blot out the sun this time. im nearly blind as it is

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'm getting reports that Moon may or may not be the south korean president, prime minister, grand poobah or just the moon itself, confirm/deny

(Also ignore covok)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Willo567 posted:

Weren't you relatively calm about North Korea a month ago while freaking out over health care

He'll be freaking out about Harvey in a month and complaining that's more important than radioactive fallout

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Tim Whatley posted:

FWIW before we get crazy, a "show of force" is much different than "Let's loving go to war kill them all." and is something we and SK have done several, several times. It's the other side of dick waving.

Yeah. This sucks because it means we're back into the pattern of escalation we were in a few weeks ago, with the added fact that NK may be planning another nuclear test in the near future.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Tim Whatley posted:

yeah, fly like 300 missiles over north korea into the sea of japan

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
More like Chapo Bitch House https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/902169271748489217

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tim Whatley posted:

Yeah, they literally have been putting on "shows off force" once in a while since the war ended. Nothing different yet.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Covok posted:

World War 3, so what?

Even for you that's a stupid thing to say, nobody gives a gently caress about North Korea. Worst case is they obliterate a large number of South Koreas and cease to exist, and then the world moves on with their lives. It's not like China or Russia would declare war on the US for wiping them out or something.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Willo567 posted:

Last time, South Korea really really didn't like what America was doing and was trying to keep peace. This time South Korea is willing to react aggressively. That changes the narrative.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, remember those ICE operations left up and running during the hurricane?
https://twitter.com/GQMagazine/status/902338632345845760

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Yardbomb posted:

just the moon itself, confirm/deny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Mf2mp6fms

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

do the chapo dudes know about this thread, where that joke has occurred innumerable times

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

James Adomian isn't one of the Chapo guys, he's just been a guest on a few episodes.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

i am harry posted:

Because this guy is a tracing hack; he chops up images of figures in various poses and then superimposes a photo of a face over it and then copies both things. The effect is unmistakable, like a black and white pencil portrait from a photograph.

I'm not gonna defend that artist because lol but most artists, including the masters, trace and use all kinds of projection or collage tricks to make masterpieces. See the docu Tim's Vermeer, for example! :)

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Oh yeah and remember that hoax shark photo that linked in here earlier?

https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/902340114713645056

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Office Pig posted:

Hey, remember those ICE operations left up and running during the hurricane?
https://twitter.com/GQMagazine/status/902338632345845760

All the other federal law enforcement agencies hate ICE and HSI.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

technically that means said bus station is now Mexican territory

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/JeffLindner1/status/902345469451534336

I believe that once this goes it will flood about 1/3 of the Houston metro area. They have been doing their level best to evac that area for hours now.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/motherboard/status/902278840977850372

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

http://www.gallup.com/interactives/185273/presidential-job-approval-center.aspx?g_source=WWWV7HP&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles

Trump approval at an all time low with:

Republicans

People making <2000 a month (like by a lot)

People making >7500 a month

White people

Hispanics

Females

Males

18-29 year olds

Non-married people so friggin much

Not at an all time low with:

Democrats

Blacks

Liberals

Conservatives

65+

Married people

Non-churchgoers

Weekly Church goers

People that sometimes go to church

(but you can guess some of those aren't all time low just because they have stayed at some very low single digit and moved up and down repeatedly from like 7-8% within the margin of error week to week)

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Covok posted:

Last time, South Korea really really didn't like what America was doing and was trying to keep peace. This time South Korea is willing to react aggressively. That changes the narrative.

So you would've been OK with Trump's increasing rhetorical threats towards NK to the point where the launch a missile near Guam, but SK doing a show of force means the end times are here?

I'm not saying I haven't freaked out about this, as anyone who follows this thread may know. But we can't do anything about it, and freaking out won't solve anything

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Somehow brightened my night a little more than the usual feel-good fare.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Shock, surprise, etc

https://twitter.com/adamgoldmanNYT/status/902208470493143040

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Prester Jane posted:

I believe that once this goes it will flood about 1/3 of the Houston metro area. They have been doing their level best to evac that area for hours now.

Again, the Inverness Levee is not what everyone is freaking out about. Evacuations were already issued for the area this is likely to flood. It's a much smaller problem and it was well known that the water would eventually overtop it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Prester Jane posted:

No, this is a different, smaller levee

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

cry 'Covok!' and let slip the dogs of war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Is this just showing bill clinton sex number? or am I missing something?

• Locked thread